May 2014 wasn’t a good month for filmmaker Edgar Wright. The director decided to painfully walk away from Marvel’s “Ant-Man” film, a project he had spearheaded to make with the then-fledgling company and spent eight years developing it. The move was heartache for the director, but as Marvel wanted something … potentially a lot more compromised, so Wright had to stick to his guns and bow out.
- Dark Horizons: Edgar Wright Up For Working Title's "Baby Driver"
- Chud: Edgar Wright Revs Up for Baby Driver
- Cinema Blend: Edgar Wright Commits To Genre-Mashing Baby Driver As His Next Film
- Empire Magazine: Edgar Wright Putting Baby Driver Back In Gear
- MovieWeb: Edgar Wright to Direct 'Baby Driver' Following 'Ant-Man' Exit
- Film School Rejects: Piecing Together Edgar Wright’s ‘Baby Driver,’ Which May Be a Baby-Free Musical Crime Flick
- SlashFilm: Edgar Wright Likely to Make ‘Baby Driver’ Next
- ScreenRant: Edgar Wright Plans to Make ‘Baby Driver’ His Next Movie
- FirstShowing.net: Edgar Wright Shifts to Gestating Original 'Baby Driver' for Next Project
- Twitch: Edgar Wright's Next Looks To Be BABY DRIVER
- JoBlo: Edgar Wright's next film to be the crime comedy Baby Driver
- IGN Movies: Edgar Wright's Next Movie May Be Baby Driver
- Entertainment Weekly: Edgar Wright working on his next movie, which is not ‘Ant-Man’
- Screen Crush: Edgar Wright Has Decided on His First Post 'Ant-Man' Film
Corey Stoll was cast in Ant-Man just before Edgar Wright left the project, but while the actor might be forgiven for feeling disappointed to see his director jump ship, he’s still extremely excited about how the film is going to turn out. “I’m absolutely thrilled,” says Stoll of his role in the film. “Reading the script – the script that Edgar wrote, and the script that there is now – it’s insane that this movie hasn’t been made before.” “Obviously, you need the technology because it needs to look great.
- Comic Book Movie: Corey Stoll Talks ANT-MAN; Praises Both Old And New Versions Of The Script
- ScreenRant: ‘Ant-Man’: Corey Stoll Praises Both Original & Revised Scripts
- Dark Horizons: Lilly Denies, Stoll Confirms "Ant-Man" Casting
- MovieWeb: Evangeline Lilly Denies 'Ant-Man' Casting Rumors
- Comic Book Movie: Kevin Feige Talks Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN Influence; Debunks AVENGERS: AOU Ending Spoilers
Despite leaving the project earlier this year, Edgar Wright had put a lot of time and effort into prepping the story for Marvel’s Ant-Man adaptation, so it’s heartening to hear that some of his visuals will still be incorporated into the finished film. Kevin Feige has been speaking about what we can expect from Marvel’s next big project, and has confirmed that new director Peyton Reed will be preserving some of Wright’s ideas in his version of the film.
- We Got This Covered: Ant-Man Will Include Some Of Edgar Wright’s Visuals
- SlashFilm: Peyton Reed’s ‘Ant-Man’ Will Contain Some of Edgar Wright’s Visuals
- MovieWeb: Marvel's Kevin Feige Reveals Details Behind Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' Exit
- Comic Book Movie: Evangeline Lilly Denies ANT-MAN Rumors; Shares Thoughts On Edgar Wright's Departure
- Comic Book Movie: More From Kevin Feige On ANT-MAN; Clarifies Marvel's Relationship With Past Directors
- MovieWeb: Kevin Feige Talks 'Ant-Man' and Marvel's Relationships with Directors
- SlashFilm: Evangeline Lilly Comic Con Interview Part 1: The Hobbit, Ant-Man, Real Steel
Alex Kurtzman has been discussing Universal’s newly announced plans for a shared universe of classic movie monsters, and has outlined how he and co-writer Chris Morgan intend to go about bringing it to life. “Front and centre right now is Chris Morgan and I working on getting The Mummy off the ground and building up our Monster Universe,” says Kurtzman.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Deborah Ann Woll will play Karen Page in Daredevil.
- SlashFilm: Deborah Ann Woll Is Karen Page in ‘Daredevil’
- Variety: ‘True Blood’s’ Deborah Ann Woll Joins ‘Daredevil’
- Empire Magazine: Deborah Ann Woll Will Be Daredevil's Karen Page
- We Got This Covered: Deborah Ann Woll Will Romance Daredevil In Netflix Series
- Badass Digest: DAREDEVIL’s Karen Page Has Been Cast
In case you didn't think it was already a given, Ant-Man star Michael Douglas went on "The Late Show with David Letterman" to talk very briefly about the upcoming film and to confirm that they'll be present for Marvel Studios' panel at the San Diego Comic-Con. Check it out below.
- Comic Book Movie: VIDEO: Michael Douglas Dishes On ANT-MAN And San Diego Comic-Con with David Letterman
- Moviefone: Michael Douglas Is Bummed About Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' Exit, Too
- Moviefone: Dana Carvey's Wheel of Impressions and Michael Douglas's 'Ant-Man' Talk Lead Our Late Night Roundup (VIDEO)
- Variety: Benedict Cumberbatch Set for First San Diego Comic-Con Appearance
Latino Review has photos from a show being filmed at 115th and Adam Clayton Powell Blvd (7th Ave) under the title Bluff. (as in Blind Man’s…) From the looks of the photos and the video where you hear the kid yelling “I can’t see” its pretty easy to figure out their filming the Daredevil origin scene. The street signs were changed to read 43rd and 9th. Marvel’s Daredevil is the first of the four TV show deal with Netflix that will lead toward the Defenders.
- Dark Horizons: Vague First Video From "Daredevil" Series Set
- Comic Book Movie: Possible DAREDEVIL (Netflix) Spoilers From Audition Video
- Comic Book Movie: First DAREDEVIL Series Set Photos And Video Revealed
I have some interesting casting news for you this morning involving a new film from WISH YOU WERE HERE director Kieran Darcy-Smith and Peyton Reed's ANT-MAN. Deadline is reporting THE HUNGER GAMES co-stars Woody Harrelson and Liam Hemsworth have joined BY WAY OF HELENA, a revenge western based on a script by Matt Cook. The film will follow Hemsworth's David, "an 1880s Texas Ranger... Read More...
- The Playlist: Casting: Woody Harrelson & Liam Hemsworth Go 'By Way Of Helena,' 'Ant-Man' Adds Another & More
- Vulture: Hunger Games Stars Liam Hemsworth and Woody Harrelson in Talks for Revenge Western
- The Wrap: ‘Hunger Games’ Stars Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson Moving to Old West in ‘By Way of Helena’
- FirstShowing.net: Liam Hemsworth & Woody Harrelson Reunite for 'Helena' Western
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: Ashley Benson boards ‘Pixels’; Plus, Liam Hemsworth, more
- Deadline: David Dastmalchian Joins ‘Ant-Man’, David Harbour Adds To ‘Black Mass’; ‘Ride Along 2′ Taps Olivia Munn
- Dark Horizons: Casting: Hemsworth, Munn, Cena, Hardy, Aoki
- Digital Spy: The Dark Knight's David Dastmalchian joins Ant-Man
- Dark Horizons: Casting: Dastmalchian, Harbour, Fonseca, Platt
- We Got This Covered: Ant-Man Gains David Dastmalchian
- Empire Magazine: Woody Harrelson Headed By Way Of Helena
- Comic Book Movie: THE DARK KNIGHT'S David Dastmalchian Joins ANT-MAN
- Coming Soon: 'Joker Thug' David Dastmalchian Joins the Cast of Ant-Man
- MovieWeb: 'Ant-Man' Adds 'The Dark Knight' Actor David Dastmalchian
Bryan Singer has teased a first image of the script for X-Men: Apocalypse, which gives us a couple of snippets of info regarding what to expect from the new film. Despite Simon Kinberg's recent claims that the new film would not return to the ancient Egypt glimpsed in the post-credits sting of X-Men: Days Of Future Past, there is a reference to the Nile visible in the very first line. It looks, then, as though the prologue will reintroduce Apocalypse back in his Egyptian pomp, with a reference to The Four Horsemen (also glimpsed in that post-credits scene) also prominently visible.
- Dark Horizons: Bryan Singer Teases "X-Men: Apocalypse" Script
- Comic Book Movie: PHOTO: Bryan Singer Teases X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Script Treatment On Instagram
- JoBlo: Bryan Singer teases a look at first page of the X-Men: Apocalypse script
- MovieWeb: Bryan Singer Teases the Four Horsemen in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Script Image
- USA Today: Bryan Singer teases 'X-Men: Apocalypse' on Instagram
- Vulture: Bryan Singer Teases X-Men: Apocalypse
- Digital Spy: Bryan Singer teases X-Men: Apocalypse in first Instagram post
- Coming Soon: Bryan Singer Teases the X-Men: Apocalypse Treatment
- FirstShowing.net: Bryan Singer Teases Beginning of 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Treatment
- IGN Movies: Singer Teases X-Men: Apocalypse Script
- AintItCool: Bryan Singer Instagrams A Glimpse Of The First Page Of X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Movie Treatment!!
- The Playlist: Will Bryan Singer Be Back For The X-Men Director’s Chair? Filmmaker Tweets Out ‘Apocalypse’ Tease
- ScreenRant: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Prologue Teased by Bryan Singer
- Bleeding Cool: Bryan Singer Reveals How X-Men: Apocalypse Begins
- Screen Crush: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Script Preview Confirms The Four Horsemen
- HitFix: 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Four Horsemen make an appearance in first script tease
- Moviefone: The Latest 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Details Are Unsurprisingly Doom-Filled
- Mania: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Tease
- SlashFilm: POTD: Page One of the ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Treatment
- Horror Society: Midnight Metal Massacre: Fleshgod Apocalypse’s “The Violation” (Official Video)
Jon Favreau, the director of the first two "Iron Man" films has offered his opinion on Edgar Wright's leaving "Ant-Man" behind. A man familiar with both parties, Favreau is a good guy to talk to on the subject.http://www.hitfix.com