Post-Production, IFC Films
Richard Linklater's "Boyhood" is the film he has been destined to make his entire career. A mission statement evident in his debut bears itself out with engaging authenticity that most filmmakers only dream of achieving.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- The Playlist: Review: Richard Linklater's 'Boyhood' Is A Remarkable, Special Achievement
- HitFix: Review: Richard Linklater's unique masterpiece 'Boyhood' hits hard and cuts deep
- Thompson on Hollywood: Is Linklater's 'Boyhood' the Most Radically Inventive Film Experience of the Year? (CLIP)
- Variety: Richard Linklater’s ‘Boyhood’: Why It’s the Story of Our Lives
- Twitch: BOYHOOD Interview: Richard Linklater and Ellar Coltrane on 12 Years of Filmmaking
- USA Today: 'Boyhood' faces all the ups and downs of growing up
- USA Today: 'Boyhood' made with a handshake, a dream and a lot of luck
- SlashFilm: Exclusive ‘Boyhood’ TV Spot Charts the Growth of Young Star Ellar Coltrane
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Ellar Coltrane Grows Up Over 12 Years in 'Boyhood' TV Spot
- Twitch: Review: BOYHOOD, An Extraordinary Chronicle Of Growing Up
With his 12-year project Boyhood set to open this weekend, Richard Linklater is turning his attention to his next film. Casting is well underway for The Incredible Mr. Limpet, Linklater’s remake of the 1964 film for Warner Bros. And so far, things seem to be shaping up nicely. Jon Hamm is reportedly looking to join Zach Galifianakis in a major role, with Danny McBride, Sarah Silverman, Kevin Hart, Josh Gad, Keegan Michael Key, and Jordan Peele in talks as well for other roles. Hit the jump for more details. TheWrap reported the news.
- We Got This Covered: Jon Hamm Considering Richard Linklater’s The Incredible Mr Limpet
- The Wrap: Jon Hamm Circling Richard Linklater's ‘Incredible Mr. Limpet’ Remake (Exclusive)
- Screen Crush: 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet' Remake Adds Jon Hamm, Sarah Silverman, Josh Gad and More
- Cinema Blend: Jon Hamm Leads Reported Cast List For Incredible Mr. Limpet Remake
- Digital Spy: Jon Hamm, Kevin Hart, Sarah Silverman eye The Incredible Mr Limpet
- Coming Soon: Jon Hamm, Kevin Hart, Josh Gad and More Target The Incredible Mr. Limpet
- MovieWeb: Jon Hamm and Kevin Hart in Talks for 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet'
- FirstShowing.net: Jon Hamm, Danny McBride & More Find 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet'
- The Playlist: Watch: 10 Minute Interview With Richard Linklater On 'Boyhood' Plus Updates On 'Limpet' & 'Larry's Kidney'
- IndieWire: 'Boyhood' Director Richard Linklater Explains Why It's Harder Than Ever to Make Movies Today (Part 2)
- Dark Horizons: Hamm, McBride Up For "Mr. Limpet" Remake
A clip from Richard Linklater's Boyhood has just been released. Check it out in the player below and catch the film in limited release this Friday, July 11.
- The Wrap: ‘Boyhood’ Review: In Richard Linklater's Intimate Epic, Time Keeps on Slippin’ Into the Future (Video)
- IndieWire: Richard Linklater Explains Why He Had to Make 'Boyhood' and Keep It Under Wraps (Part 1)
- The Playlist: Watch: 30 Minute Interview, 'Today' Special & Clip From 'Boyhood' Plus Richard Linklater Talks 'Limpet' & 'Dazed'
- Screen Crush: Richard Linklater on 'Boyhood' and the Film That Shaped His Non-Hollywood Career
- SlashFilm: Ethan Hawke Explains How ‘Star Wars’ Ended Up in ‘Boyhood’
- MovieWeb: Ethan Hawke Has Trouble Talking to Kids in First 'Boyhood' Clip
The one movie I have to see this year is the wholly unique and original drama BOYHOOD. From writer/director Richard Linklater we will get to experience and watch a family grow together over 12 years. We have a new featurette for the film that shares some thoughts on the project from the cast and the filmmaking process from Linklater. This is a remarkable cinematic achievement that will hopefully be recognized as a... Read More...
Everyone's ideal foreplay is a little different; sometimes a lot different. For 19th century Austrian writer Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, it involved whips and a pair of dirty, dirty boots, at least if his sole major work, the 1870 novella “Venus in Furs,” is any indication. Sacher-Masoch inadvertently gave the world the term masochism (thanks, Leo!), but there's apparently something the matter with male sexual surrender.
- IndieWire: Indie Box Office Preview: Can Roman Polanski's 'Venus in Fur' Break Out?
- Vulture: Review: Roman Polanski Self-Flagellates With Venus in Fur
- IndieWire: Exclusive: Cinema Guild Acquires Robert Greene's Award-Winning 'Actress'
- The Playlist: Michael Haneke Provides Update On 'Flashmob,' Says He's Waiting For A Certain Actress
Richard Linklater's adventurous and unconventional “Boyhood,” which was filmed over a period of 12 years as a young boy aged from preschool to high school graduation, won three top awards at the Seattle International Film Festival's Golden Space Needle Awards, SIFF organizers announced on Sunday during a ceremony at Seattle's Space Needle. “Boyhood” was named the best film of the marathon 25-day, 452-film festival, while Linklater was named best director and Patricia Arquette was named best actress.
- Hollywood Reporter: Richard Linklater's 'Boyhood' Named Best Film at Seattle Film Festival
- Deadline: Richard Linklater’s ‘Boyhood’ Wins 3 Awards At Seattle
- Variety: ‘Boyhood’ Wins Best Film at Seattle Film Fest: Full Winners List
- IndieWire: Seattle International Film Festival Awards Include 'Boyhood,' 'Dear White People,' 'Keep On Keepin' On' and More