Development, Marvel Studios
Jon Bernthal’s portrayal of Frank Castle / The Punisher in season two of Marvel’s Daredevil was not only one of the highlights of the critically acclaimed series, but encouraged Netflix to expand it’s deal with Marvel to give the character his own series. Bernthal talked with ADTV about Castle, what we’ve seen and what happens next. The Frank Castle you find in this story is not The Punisher. He’s reeling from the loss of his family. He’s driven by rage and is on a singular mission to find these people who took his family from him, and do it as brutally as possible.
- We Got This Covered: Jon Bernthal Reflects On Daredevil Season 2, Teases More To Come From The Punisher
- Deadline: Jon Bernthal On The Punisher’s ‘Daredevil’ Spinoff: “He’s In My Heart. I’m Ready To Keep Going With Him”
- Comic Book Movie: Jon Bernthal Says The Frank Castle Seen In DAREDEVIL Season 2 Wasn't THE PUNISHER
There's a good chance that most people will see Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil for the rest of his days, but the man is a working actor and when he's not performing in Incognito off-Broadway, he actually did audition for another highly coveted role. I'm, of course, referring to that of Han Solo for Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. We already know that Alden Ehrenreich took... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: DAREDEVIL's Charlie Cox Reveals He Tested For Young Han Solo Role
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: The Joker’s Tattoos, How Daredevil Messed Up a Han Solo Audition & More
- Latino Review: 'DAREDEVIL' May Have Ruined Charlie Cox's Chance at Playing Han Solo
- HitFix: This fan theory linking Han Solo and Indiana Jones is the stuff fever dreams are made of
- Comic Book Movie: President Of WB Games Discusses The Future Of 'Solo' DC-Based Video Games
While Ryan Reynolds and Tim Miller are widely acknowledged as the pair that helped get the hugely successful Deadpool off the ground, it seems there was another Hollywood twosome that assisted in getting the film the green light; directors James Cameron and David Fincher.
It’s an odd way to confirm a movie role, but Michael B. Jordan was asked random questions by THR’s Ashley Lee and she got him to confirm not only his role in the upcoming Black Panther film, but also that Lupita Nyong’o will also be in the film. When asked who he can’t wait to work with, the actor replied: … Lupita Nyong’o and Chadwick Boseman [in Black Panther.] So either he knows that Nyong’o is in the film or he’s really hoping it happens. This will be the third time Jordan will work with Black Panther director Ryan Coogler.
- We Got This Covered: Michael B. Jordan Confirms Black Panther Casting; Expresses Excitement To Reteam With Ryan Coogler
- Comic Book Movie: Michael B. Jordan Confirms BLACK PANTHER Role; Is Looking Forward To Working With Lupita Nyong'o
- ScreenRant: Black Panther: Michael B. Jordan Confirms His Involvement
- Hollywood Reporter: Rambling Reporter Gets Random With … Michael B. Jordan
- SlashFilm: Winter Soldier Could Resurface in ‘Black Panther’, Hints Sebastian Stan
[This article contains SPOILERS for Captain America: Civil War] – One month out from Captain America: Civil War, the MCU is clicking right along. The film is an unquestionable success, marking Disney’s dominance in the movie market this year. However, the fallout from the superhero schism will have a major impact on Marvel’s film world. How it will effect the upcoming entries in the franchise and its characters, including Doctor Strange, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Black Panther, is hazy at this time.
- We Got This Covered: Will Sebastian Stan Return As The Winter Soldier In Marvel’s Black Panther?
- Cinema Blend: Will Winter Soldier Appear In Black Panther? Here's What Sebastian Stan Says
- Comic Book Movie: Sebastian Stan Hints At The Winter Soldier's Return In BLACK PANTHER
- Dark Horizons: Stan Talks Winter Solider In "Black Panther"
- Latino Review: Sebastian Stan on When We Could See The Winter Soldier Next
- MovieWeb: Will Winter Soldier Return in Black Panther?
Captain America: Civil War has been an unquestionable success for Marvel Studios in 2016. Not only has it made over $1.1 billion at the worldwide box office, but directors Anthony and Joe Russo created a Cap movie (spearheaded by Chris Evans) that included a host of familiar and new Marvel faces to excellent effect.
- IGN Movies: Early Black Panther Concept Designs Revealed
- Dark Horizons: Alternate "Black Panther" Concept Art Online
- Comic Book Movie: More BLACK PANTHER Concept Art From CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
- Cinema Blend: What Black Panther Almost Looked Like In Captain America: Civil War
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "SILICON VALLEY" actor T.J. Miller is the latest addition to director Steven Spielberg's film adaptation of "READY PLAYER ONE", based on the sci-fi novel of the same name by author Ernest Cline.
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Silicon Valley' Star T.J. Miller Joins Steven Spielberg's 'Ready Player One' (Exclusive)
- We Got This Covered: T.J. Miller Boards Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One
- Dark Horizons: T.J. Miller Joins Spielberg's "Ready Player One"
- IGN Movies: Deadpool's T.J. Miller Joins Ready Player One Cast
- Badass Digest: T.J. Miller To Play Internet Troll In READY PLAYER ONE
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller joins Spielberg's 'Ready Player One'
- Comic Book Movie: Steven Spielberg's READY PLAYER ONE Adds DEADPOOL & SILICON VALLEY Star T.J. Miller
- Screen Crush: Steven Spielberg Adds 'Deadpool' Star T.J. Miller to 'Ready Player One'
- HitFix: ‘Deadpool' actor T.J. Miller has joined Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’
- MovieWeb: Ready Player One Gets Deadpool Star T.J. Miller
- ScreenRant: Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One Casts Deadpool’s T.J. Miller
- SlashFilm: Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Recruits ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller
- Coming Soon: TJ Miller to Troll Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One
- Variety: ‘Silicon Valley’ Star TJ Miller Joins Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’
- AintItCool: Steven Spielberg's Ready Player One casts TJ Miller!
- The Wrap: TJ Miller Joins Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’
- Cinema Blend: Ready Player One Just Added A Deadpool Star
Stan Lee tells the truth about how his fan-favorite Deadpool cameo was shot.
- Hollywood Reporter: Stan Lee Jokes 'Deadpool' Cameo Made Him "Damn Mad"
- We Got This Covered: Stan Lee Reveals Why He’s “Damn Mad” About His Raunchy Deadpool Cameo
- IGN Movies: Deadpool: Stan Lee 'Mad' About Strip Club Cameo
- Entertainment Weekly: Stan Lee says he didn't go to strip club for 'Deadpool' cameo
- ScreenRant: Stan Lee Says Marvel/DC Movie Crossover Would Be ‘Terrific’
- MovieWeb: This WWE Superstar Wants to Play Cable in Deadpool 2
BLACK PANTHER may be over two years and five Marvel films from its release, but that hasn't stopped immense hype surrounding the movie. In addition to solid introduction the character received in this month's CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, the fact that there will be a black actor leading a superhero film is quite the big deal. Sure, it's happened before with the BLADE series, but in the current generation of films, most non-white actors have been reduced to side characters.
- We Got This Covered: Report: Black Panther Casting Call Details Key Characters Of Ryan Coogler’s Standalone Movie
- Comic Book Movie: RUMOR: BLACK PANTHER Casting Call Reveals Key Characters
- Dark Horizons: "Black Panther" Supporting Characters Revealed?
- AintItCool: The BLACK PANTHER cast of characters unleashed... KLAW, MAN-APE, WHITE WOLF + More!
- Cinema Blend: Black Panther May Bring Two Familiar Marvel Characters Back For Its Story
You can add Ron Perlman to the list of actors who are gunning to play Cable in DEADPOOL 2. Stephen Lang and Dolph Lundgren have both expressed interest in the role, and yesterday Perlman took to his social media accounts to announce that he also wants play Cable. As for why the actor thinks he is qualified to portray the time-traveling mutant, Perlman said, "I'm the only one with Cable's... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: Ron Perlman Campaigns To Play Cable In Deadpool 2
- Comic Book Movie: HELLBOY Actor Ron Perlman Also Wants That 'Cable' Role In The DEADPOOL Sequel
- Latino Review: Actor Ron Perlman Campaigns to Play Cable in DEADPOOL 2
- MovieWeb: Ron Perlman Wants to Play Cable in Deadpool 2
- Comic Book Movie: HELLBOY Actor Ron Pearlman Also Wants That 'Cable' Role In The DEADPOOL Sequel
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2: Ron Perlman Would Also Like to Play Cable
- Badass Digest: Your Guide To The Actors Who Want To Play Cable In DEADPOOL 2
- Cinema Blend: The Marvel Superhero Ron Perlman Believes He Was Born To Play