Venom may have a few things in common with Spider-Man, but for Venom writer/director Alex Kurtzman, the appeal of the character lies in what sets him apart. Namely, the fact that he’s a “much darker” personality than your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
- JoBlo: Alex Kurtzman teases a darker Venom spinoff
- Digital Spy: Venom film has "darker" potential than Spider-Man, says Alex Kurtzman
- Comic Book Movie: Alex Kurtzman Teases VENOM; "You Can Do Things That You Can't With SPIDER-MAN"
- Collider: Alex Kurtzman Teases VENOM’s Darkness
- ScreenRant: Alex Kurtzman Says ‘Venom’ Will Be a Darker ‘Spider-Man’ Movie
- We Got This Covered: Alex Kurtzman Talks Venom
- Empire Magazine: Alex Kurtzman Talks Venom
- MovieWeb: 'Venom' Will Go a Lot Darker Than 'Amazing Spider-Man'
- IGN Movies: Venom Spinoff Will be Darker Than Amazing Spidey Films
- Screen Crush: 'Venom' Spinoff is Going to Be a Much Darker Movie Says Director
- Cinema Blend: The Venom Movie Will Push The Boundaries Spider-Man Can't
- Coming Soon: Things Will Get Dark in The Amazing Spider-Man Spinoff, Venom
The Download: Spidey Sense Is Tingling at Sony, 'Ghostbusters' Reboot, and 'Terminator' Has a New Title
What's Popping: 'Ghostbusters' Reboot, 'Batman v Superman,' 'Legend of Conan,' 'Venom,' and 'The ExpendaBelles'
It's all about the Spider-Man spin-offs as new details emerge about The Sinister Six, as well as news that Sony’s Venom movie is to be entitled Venom Carnage. That supposed title would suggest the involvement of Cletus Kasady (AKA the psychopathic Carnage) in Alex Kurtzman’s new film, although no plot details have been officially confirmed as yet. Meanwhile, new information has also emerged regarding Drew Goddard’s The Sinister Six, which is said to position Doctor Octopus as the leader of the newly-assembled team of super-villains.