Steven Spielberg News
Steven Spielberg is well-known for taking a lot of time with many of his projects and ROBOPOCALYPSE is clearly no exception. We have been hearing about the movie, anxiously waiting for it to come to fruition for years. The adaptation of the Daniel H. Wilson sci-fi novel at one point had Chris Hemsworth set to star with Anne Hathaway and Ben Whishaw. Drew Goddard was even writing the screenplay until spring of 2013 when... Read More...
- SlashFilm: Daniel H. Wilson Offers a ‘Robopocalypse’ Update
- Collider: Daniel H. Wilson Offers Update on ROBOPOCALYPSE
- Dark Horizons: "Robopocalypse" Author Offers Film Update
- ScreenRant: ‘Robopocalypse’ Author Gives Update on Spielberg Film Adaptation
- Latino Review: Spielberg's 'Robopocalypse': Dead or Alive?
- MovieWeb: 'Robopocalypse' Author Says Movie Is Still Happening
Filmmaker Steven Spielberg is currently in production on his latest directorial feature, an untitled Cold War thriller starring Tom Hanks, but he’s concurrently prepping his next directorial effort, The BFG. Spielberg committed to shooting the Cold War thriller and The BFG back-to-back, and he is scheduled to begin filming the Roald Dahl adaptation in early 2015. As such, Spielberg is starting to put together his cast for the family adventure, and the first addition has been announced: Mark Rylance. Variety reports that the Tony Award-winning English actor will be filling the titular role o
- Variety: Mark Rylance Starring as ‘The BFG’ for Steven Spielberg
- Deadline: Mark Rylance To Play ‘The BFG’ In Roald Dahl Adaptation By Steven Spielberg
- The Wrap: Steven Spielberg Casts Mark Rylance as His ‘BFG’
- SlashFilm: Mark Rylance Will Star in ‘The BFG’ for Steven Spielberg
- Hollywood Reporter: Three-Time Tony Winner Mark Rylance Nabs Lead in Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG'
- Coming Soon: Mark Rylance Cast as Steven Spielberg's The BFG
- MovieWeb: Steven Spielberg's 'BFG' Casts Mark Rylance as the Giant
- Dark Horizons: Mark Rylance To Play "The BFG"
Back in March, it was widely reported that 20th Century Fox was moving forward on a remake of the classic 1961 musical West Side Story, with Steven Spielberg interested in directing. It sounded like it might be the next project for the iconic filmmaker, but he instead decided on two other back-to-back projects that were gestating, an adaptation of Roald Dahl's children's novel The BFG (The Big Friendly Giant), and the very different Untitled Cold War Thriller starring Tom Hanks and Amy Ryan.
- The Playlist: Steven Spielberg Says 'West Side Story' Remake Is "On My Mind," Plus Details On 'The BFG'
- ScreenRant: Steven Spielberg Still Interested in ‘West Side Story’ Remake
- Dark Horizons: Spielberg Changing "BFG," Open To "West Side"
- SlashFilm: Here’s How Steven Spielberg’s ‘The BFG’ Movie May Be Different From the Book