Sony Pictures Animation News
During the NBA Finals last night Sony Pictures Entertainment released a new extended TV spot for SAUSAGE PARTY, which features new footage from the film.SAUSAGE PARTY features the vocal talents of a who's who of today's comedy stars - Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Jonah Hill, Bill Hader, Michael Cera, James Franco, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Paul Rudd, Nick Kroll, David Krumholtz, Edward Norton, and Salma Hayek.SAUSAGE PARTY is the first R-rated CG animated movie, is about one sausage leading a group of supermarket products on a quest to discover the truth about th
Princesses, talking animals, castles, and love stories are staples of classic animated tales, butÂ not in Seth Rogenâs world.Â As the actor prepares for the release of his upcomingÂ foul-mouthed, R-rated CGIÂ comedy, Sausage Party, a new teaser has hit the web featuring the Neighbors 2:...
- Cinema Blend: Seth Rogen Channels Walt Disney For The Strangest, Funniest Sausage Party Promo Yet
- MovieWeb: Sausage Party Preview Has Seth Rogen Spoofing Walt Disney
- JoBlo: Seth Rogen spoofs Walt Disney in new Sausage Party promo
- SlashFilm: ‘Sausage Party’ TV Spot: Seth Rogen Spoofs Walt Disney
- Dark Horizons: "Sausage Party" Promo Mocks Walt Disney
- AintItCool: FINAL TUESDAY OF SWEEPS!! Khaleesi On SETH!! Bernie On TAVIS!! The Return of HOTEL HELL!!
The feathered friends of Bird Island didn’t have much to be angry about this weekend at the box office, pulling off a surprise upset of Earth’s Mightiest. Coming in the #1 spot is The Angry Birds Movie (read our review), which brought in $39 million during its first three days. Even though the family demographic was well accounted for, this colorful animated picture was able to draw in a decent crowd. The most likely reason is probably the critical reactions, as most pundits said it was more entertaining and watchable than one would think a movie based on an app would be.
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: Angry Birds Catapult To The Second Highest Video Game Opening
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Angry Birds' Flies to $29M Opening Weekend
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'The Angry Birds Movie' Catapults Into First Place
- JoBlo: Weekend Box Office Report: May 20-22, 2016
- IndieWire: Arthouse Audit: 'Weiner' is a Box Office Winner with the Year's Biggest Documentary Opening
- IGN Movies: Box Office: Angry Birds Movie Dethrones Cap 3
- IndieWire: 'Angry Birds' Flies Away With the Box Office, Leaving the 'Neighbors' and 'Nice Guys' Behind
- Variety: China Box Office: ‘Angry Birds’ Flies to $30 Million First Week Win
- Moviefone: 5 Reasons Why 'Angry Birds' Crushed the Competition at the Box Office
- Variety: Korea Box Office: ‘The Wailing’ Tops ‘Angry Birds’
- Long Island Newsday: 'The Angry Birds Movie' tops box office with $39 million
- The Wrap: ‘Angry Birds’ Shoots Past ‘Civil War’ and ‘Neighbors 2’ for Box Office Win
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office report: 'Angry Birds' launches to the top with $39 million
- MovieWeb: Angry Birds Finally Takes Down Captain America: Civil War at the Box Office
- The Wrap: 5 Reasons Why ‘Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising’ Sputtered at Box Office
Someone had to dethrone Captain America: Civil War from its spot at the top of the box office top 10, so why not The Angry Birds Movie? The animated adaptation of the popular mobile game glided into first place with a fairly strong opening weekend, relegating Marvel’s latest adventure to second place. Continue reading…
- Moviefone: Weekend Box Office: 'Angry Birds' Flies to Top Spot, 'Nice Guys' Disappoints
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Angry Birds’ Flocking Toward Winning $40 Million-Plus Debut
- Variety: Digital Tracking: ‘Angry Birds’ Slinging Toward Box Office Victory
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Angry Birds’ Soars Above ‘Captain America,’ ‘Neighbors 2’
- USA Today: Box office: 'Angry Birds' movie soars with $39M
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Angry Birds' Hatches $39M Debut; 'Neighbors 2' Nabs $21.8M
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Angry Birds’ Soars in U.S. Debut, ‘Captain America’ Stays Powerful
- The Wrap: ‘Angry Birds’ Shoots Past ‘Civil War’ and ‘Neighbors 2’ for Box Office Win
- Coming Soon: The Angry Birds Movie Flocks to First Place Worldwide
- IGN Movies: Angry Birds: From Mobile App to Full-Fledged Movie
- Deadline: ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Dawns With $103.3M; ‘Zootopia’ Becomes No. 4 Animated Pic Ever WW – Intl Box Office
- Filmonic: International Box Office: Captain America Joins $1 Billion Club
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Becomes The Fourth Marvel Studios Movie To Earn $1 Billion
- MovieWeb: Civil War Crosses $1 Billion Mark at Worldwide Box Office
- Screen Crush: 'The Angry Birds Movie' Review: As Dull as the Video Game
- ScreenRant: Captain America: Civil War Crosses $1 Billion Box Office Mark
- Fandango Movie Blog: What Parents Can Expect from 'Angry Birds'
- HitFix: The grossest moment in ‘Angry Birds’ has a surprising inspiration
The extended scatological humor sequence in "The Angry Birds Movie" came out of a lesson from the directors of "The Lego Movie."http://www.hitfix.com
“Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising” laughed its way to $1.67 million at the Thursday previews. Tracking for $36 million, the film stars Chloe Grace Moretz, Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne, Zac Efron and Dave Franco. The original grossed $2.56 million during Thursday previews in 2014, and then went on to earn $49 million its opening weekend. Its budget was $18 million — the sequel cost $35 million. However, “Neighbors 2” had a good start given that it’s tracking for significantly less than the first, is a sequel, and an R-rated comedy.
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Neighbors 2' Nabs $1.7 Million, 'Angry Birds' Flies to $800K Thursday
- Deadline: ‘Neighbors 2’ Parties Harder Than ‘Angry Birds’ & ‘Nice Guys’ In Previews – Box Office
- Variety: ‘Neighbors 2’ Flies Past ‘Angry Birds,’ ‘Nice Guys’ With $1.7 Million on Thursday Night
- MTV Movies Blog: Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising: The Girls Next Door Wage War
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Neighbors 2' Tops Thursday Previews with $1.67M, 'Angry Birds' Hits $800k & 'Nice Guys' Finish Last
"I'm so happy the Gods put our packages together." "It's because we belong together…" Sony has released the second official trailer for the R-rated animated comedy Sausage Party. This trailer isn't as good as the first red band trailer, since they have to hold off on the language and the truly raunchy content, but it does still make me want to see it. The huge voice cast features Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Paul Rudd, James Franco, Salma Hayek, Edward Norton, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Bill Hader, Danny McBride, David Krumholtz and others.
- MovieWeb: Sausage Party Trailer Puts an R-Rated Spin on Pixar Movies
- Cinema Blend: Seth Rogen's Green-Band Sausage Party Trailer Is Still Violent, Terrifying And Super Weird
- JoBlo: Groceries die horrible deaths in the second trailer for Sausage Party
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Sausage Party' trailer: Now safe for kids!
- SlashFilm: ‘Sausage Party’ Trailer: Not as Raunchy, But Food Still Gets Murdered
- Screen Crush: The Green Band 'Sausage Party' Trailer Is Slightly More Kid-Friendly
In "The Angry Birds Movie," Sean Penn voices Terence. Find out how and why the Oscar winner became a part of the birds-vs.-pigs app-based movie.http://www.hitfix.com
- Moviefone: Maya Rudolph Was 'Thrilled' When She Found Out Her 'Angry Birds' Power
- Cinema Blend: Jason Sudeikis' Son Had An Adorable Reaction To The Angry Birds Movie
- Coming Soon: The Angry Birds Movie Review
- MovieWeb: Can Angry Birds Take Down Captain America at the Box Office?
- SlashFilm: LOL: ‘The Nice Guys’ Try to Figure Out How to Take On ‘Angry Birds’ and ‘Captain America: Civil War’
PLOT: After surviving frat guys as neighbors in the first film, Mac and Kelly Radner discover that sorority sisters can be even more terrifying. Thankfully, the two discover an unlikely partnership with an old enemy, one that may just save them from the hard-partying girls next door. REVIEW: There was something really special about the pairing of Zac Efron and Seth Rogen in the 2014 comedy... Read More...
- Entertainment Weekly: Review: 'Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising': EW review
- Bleeding Cool: Universal Just Asked Google To Remove The IMDB Listing For Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising
- Dark Horizons: VOTD: "Neighbors 3: Zombies Rising"
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Captain America’ to Face Fierce Competition From ‘Angry Birds,’ ‘Neighbors 2’
- Deadline: ‘Captain America’ To Step On ‘Angry Birds’, ‘Neighbors 2’ & ‘Nice Guys’ – Box Office Preview
- Cinema Blend: Chloe Moretz Shares Her Funny Idea For Neighbors 3, And It Could Actually Work
- Moviefone: Seth Rogen & Rose Byrne Couldn't Stop Laughing While Filming This 'Neighbors 2' Scene
- MTV Movies Blog: Zac Efron And Seth Rogen Want Neighbors 3 To Channel The Walking Dead
- The Wrap: 25 Highest Grossing R-Rated Comedies, From ‘Neighbors’ to ‘Beverly Hills Cop’
- Screen Crush: Ike Barinholtz on 'Neighbors 2,' Bill Cosby Jokes, and His 'Suicide Squad' Character
- The Wrap: Jonah Hill’s Best Advice to Sister Beanie Feldstein on ‘Neighbors 2': ‘No Joke Is Precious’
- The Wrap: ‘Neighbors 2,’ ‘Angry Birds Movie’ Aim Slingshot at ‘Captain America’ in Tight 3-Way Race
Synopsis: Find out why the birds are so angry. When an island populated by happy, flightless birds is visited by mysterious green piggies, it’s up to three unlikely outcasts - Red, Chuck and Bomb - to figure out what the pigs are up to. Credit should be given to Sony Pictures, Rovio Entertainment, and Jon Vitti (Writer) for taking a game about flinging birds across our phones and making something worthwhile. That’s not to say the movie is perfect, but video game adaptations can be particularly brutal when the game is simple.
- USA Today: Trailer: 'The Angry Birds Movie'
- Cinema Blend: One Angry Birds Joke That Almost Went Too Far For A Kids Movie
- Moviefone: Josh Gad Reveals 'Angry Birds' Obsession, Teases Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Fandango Movie Blog: Mad About Angry Birds? Make This Tasty Snack at Home
- Fandango Movie Blog: Mad About Angry Birds? Make This Tasty Snack
- Fandango Movie Blog: How to Hatch Some Baby 'Birds' of Your Own