Science Fiction News
Superheroes getting new suits in each new movie is a time-honored tradition. It's a great excuse for a studio to sell new toys, but in a lot of cases it can be justified within the actual movie. In The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man needs a special suit to keep the Incredible Hulk in check--a need he didn't have in earlier movies. We got to see Batman make his special Superman-busting suit in Batman v Superman, and now that that issue is resolved, the caped crusader has busted out the...Read MoreRead Comments
- Comic Book Movie: Zack Snyder Shares A First Look At Batman's New Tactical Suit From The JUSTICE LEAGUE Set
- Screen Crush: Zack Snyder Reveals Batman's New Tactical Suit For 'Justice League'
- JoBlo: Zack Snyder shares a look at Batman's tactical suit for Justice League
- Cinema Blend: 6 Things Batman's Suit Better Be Able to Do in Justice League
- The Wrap: ‘Justice League’ First Look: Zack Snyder Reveals Tactical Batsuit
- ScreenRant: Justice League: Zack Snyder Reveals Tactical Batsuit Photo
- Latino Review: First Look At Batman's New Tactical Suit From JUSTICE LEAGUE!!
- MovieWeb: Batman's New Tactical Batsuit Revealed in Justice League
- Filmonic: Here’s a Look at Batman’s New Suit in Justice League
- SlashFilm: Don’t Expect To See The Joker in ‘Justice League’
- Screen Crush: The Joker Won't Terrorize His Co-Stars in 'Justice League'
- SlashFilm: ‘Justice League’ Photo Shows Off Batman’s New “Tactical Batsuit”
- Bleeding Cool: Zack Snyder Reveals Batman’s Tactical Batsuit
- HitFix: Batman wears sunglasses at night in his ‘Justice League’ costume - She Said/She Said
- ScreenRant: Justice League: Jared Leto’s Joker Not Appearing?
- MovieWeb: Justice League Won't Bring Back Jared Leto as the Joker
For years, we've heard that a Star Wars television show could be a thing. First it was from George Lucas himself, who had said he'd written a ton of scripts and that he wanted to produce the series independently before shopping it to networks. Then, at around the time that Disney purchased LucasFilm, chatter about the show came up again. After all, Disney is a monolith of a company with ties to many TV networks and a wealth of resources at its disposal.
- AintItCool: New Thrawn-Enhanced Promo For STAR WARS REBELS!!
- Variety: Adam Driver Compares ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ to ‘Empire Strikes Back’
- Vulture: Adam Driver Says Star Wars: Episode VIII Script Is Like Empire Strikes Back; Cue Wild Speculations
- Variety: Turner Sets Massive ‘Star Wars’ Movie Rights Deal with Disney
- Deadline: Turner Nabs 10 ‘Star Wars’ Movies In Mega Deal With Walt Disney Studios
- Coming Soon: Turner Gains Network TV Rights to Entire Star Wars Film Series
- We Got This Covered: Adam Driver Teases Tonal Shift Ahead Of Star Wars: Episode VIII
- IGN Movies: Adam Driver Compares Star Wars Episode 8 Script to Empire Strikes Back
- Dark Horizons: Turner Grabs The Entire “Star Wars” Saga
- SlashFilm: Two ‘Space Mountain’ Movies Were Killed By ‘Star Wars’
- ScreenRant: Adam Driver Explains Why He ‘Lucked Out’ With Star Wars
- ScreenRant: Star Wars 8 Has ‘Nuance & Ambiguity'; Adam Driver Praises Rian Johnson
- Latino Review: Adam Driver Praises STAR WARS EPISODE VIII Script And Director Rian Johnson
- MovieWeb: Adam Driver Compares Star Wars 8 to Empire Strikes Back
- The Wrap: ‘Star Wars': Adam Driver Compares ‘Episode VIII’ to ‘Empire Strikes Back’
- SlashFilm: Star Wars Bits: Donald Glover Dodges Lando Questions, New ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Season 3 Footage, and an Insane BB-8 Theory
- Latino Review: Five Reasons ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Is More Important Than THE FORCE AWAKENS
- Screen Crush: Adam Driver Says 'Star Wars: Episode 8' Is Similar to 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- MovieWeb: Crazy Star Wars 8 Fan Theory Reveals Kylo Ren & BB-8 Connection?
- The Wrap: Entire ‘Star Wars’ Movie Franchise Lands at TNT and TBS
- Comic Book Movie: Adam Driver Compares STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII's Tone To THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
- MTV Movies Blog: Adam Driver Learned A Lot About Kylo Ren In Star Wars: Episode VIII
- ScreenRant: Star Wars: Turner Acquires Film TV Rights For $250 Million
It's been well over a year since the release of MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, but the George Miller film is still every bit as impressive to me as it was that first time in a packed theater. As the flick took in the most wins at our own 15th Annual Golden Schmoes, it's probably safe to say that many of you feel the same. One of the reasons we love it so much is that Miller and his team only turned to CG... Read More...
From Alejandro Jodorowsky to Ridley Scott to Peter Berg, many directors have attempted to tackling Frank Herbert‘s Dune. And Arrival director Denis Villeneueve has added his name to that list. While talking to Variety (as spotted by The Playlist), Villeneuve said adapting Dune is a “longstanding dream,” but added that it is “a long process to get the rights.” He also expressed doubts that he would be able to secure the rights to the novel. Dune was adapted in 1984 by David Lynch for Universal. It was remade again as 2000 Sci-Fi Channel miniseries.
- We Got This Covered: Denis Villeneuve Reveals Desire To Adapt Dune
- Latino Review: SICARIO And BLADE RUNNER 2 Director Denis Villeneuve Has His Eyes On Remaking DUNE
- SlashFilm: ‘Blade Runner 2’ Director Denis Villeneuve Wants to Remake ‘Dune’
- JoBlo: One of Denis Villeneuve's longstanding dreams is to adapt Dune
- HitFix: 'Blade Runner' sequel director would like to adapt Frank Herbert's 'Dune' next
There is no doubt that Mad Max: Fury Road was not only one of the best blockbusters of last year, but one of the best films of 2015 in general. George Miller crafted a sequel that was simple yet riveting, seamlessly combining digital and practical effects to create some of the best action the big screen has ever seen.
- ScreenRant: Mad Max: Fury Road Video Features Movie Footage Without CGI
- MovieWeb: Mad Max: Fury Road Video Is Still Amazing Without CGI
- SlashFilm: Cool Stuff: Craig Drake Solo Show III Has ‘Ghostbusters’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road,’ ‘Ex Machina’ & More
- Vulture: Witness This Supercut of What Mad Max’s Crashes Looked Like Without CGI
When a movie hits a certain level of success the question isn't if there will be a sequel, but how many. The same can be said of JURASSIC WORLD, a movie many thought would finish around the $200 million domestic mark before it demolished all expectations, topping off at $1.6 billion globally ($652 million domestic). Not only can we expect a sequel, but there have been hints that WORLD... Read More...
- Screen Crush: 'Jurassic World 2' Director J.A. Bayona Confirms 'Jurassic World' Trilogy
- Dark Horizons: “Jurassic World” Trilogy Plans Revealed
- IGN Movies: Jurassic World Confirmed as Start of New Trilogy
- Badass Digest: Turns Out, JURASSIC WORLD Was The Start Of A Whole New JURASSIC PARK Trilogy
- Latino Review: Exclusive: Jurassic World Confirmed as a Trilogy
- ScreenRant: Jurassic World 2 Director Confirms Trilogy Plans; Production Update
- MovieWeb: Jurassic World 2 Director Confirms New Trilogy Is Coming
Earlier this year Joe Manganiello, normally known for playing over-the-top hunks in things like Magic Mike and True Blood, proved he had a very dorky, very funny side with Pee-wee's Big Holiday. Presumably we won't see too much of that side in his next major movie, though. He'll be playing the villain Deathstroke in Ben Affleck's Batman movie. We already knew Deathstroke would be in the movie since Affleck tweeted out a video of the character's costume test, but...Read MoreRead Comments
- MovieWeb: Joe Manganiello Is Deathstroke in Ben Affleck's Batman Movie
- Comic Book Movie: Geoff Johns Confirms Joe Manganiello As Deathstroke In Ben Affleck's Solo BATMAN Movie
- Latino Review: Joe Manganiello Confirmed As Deathstroke In Ben Affleck-Directed Standalone Batman Film
- HitFix: Joe Manganiello to star as Deathstroke in next Batman movie
- Bleeding Cool: Joe Manganiello Reportedly Set To Play DC Films’ Deathstroke
- JoBlo: Geoff Johns confirms that Joe Manganiello will play Deathstroke
- AintItCool: Affleck’s THE BATMAN Has Cast PEE-WEE’S BIG HOLIDAY Hunk As Deathstroke!!
- Cinema Blend: Doomsday Looks Ridiculous Fighting Wonder Woman In This Batman v Superman Set Photo
- IGN Movies: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders Theatrical Release
- We Got This Covered: Gal Gadot Battles A Pre-CG Doomsday In Latest Batman V Superman Set Image
- Comic Book Movie: Gal Gadot Shares BTS Image Of Wonder Woman Battling Doomsday In BATMAN v SUPERMAN
- Screen Crush: DC's Geoff Johns Reveals How 'Justice League' Will Address 'Batman v Superman' Criticisms
- JoBlo: Geoff Johns says Justice League will address murderous Batman from BvS
- Latino Review: JUSTICE LEAGUE Was Adjusted To Address BATMAN v SUPERMAN Concerns, Geoff Johns Says
- ScreenRant: Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman vs. Doomsday Behind the Scenes Photo
Director James Cameron offers the first story details for Avatar, saying they'll revolve around Jake, Neytiri and their children.
- IGN Movies: Avatar: James Cameron Says Sequels Will Be a 'Family Saga'
- ScreenRant: James Cameron: Avatar Sequels Are ‘More of a Family Saga’
- Coming Soon: James Cameron Says Avatar Sequels are About Family
- JoBlo: James Cameron's Avatar sequels will be a family saga
- Latino Review: Cameron Calls AVATAR Sequels 'A Family Saga,' Talks Release Schedule, And Hollywood
- Screen Crush: James Cameron Says 'Avatar' Sequels Are About Family. You Know, Just Like the 'Fast and Furious' Movies
- Cinema Blend: What The Avatar Sequels Will Be About, According To James Cameron
- Vulture: James Cameron Revealed Some Plot Details About Those Avatar Sequels Set to Happen Any Decade Now
- Dark Horizons: Cameron: “Avatar 2” Is A Family Saga
- We Got This Covered: Avatar Sequels Pitched As A Family Saga With Jake And Neytiri At The Core
- SlashFilm: The ‘Avatar’ Sequels Will Be A Family Saga About Jake, Neytiri And Their Children
- Cinema Blend: Why The Avatar Sequel Release Dates Aren't Set In Stone, According To James Cameron
Justice League stars Ben Affleck, Ray Fisher, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ezra Fisher help spread the word about the Rezpect Our Water campaign.
- Dark Horizons: J.K. Simmons Talks His “Justice League” Filming
- We Got This Covered: J.K. Simmons Has Already Finished Shooting His Role In Justice League
- Cinema Blend: J.K. Simmons Has Wrapped On Justice League, Here's What He Said About Filming
- Coming Soon: Justice League Cast Assembles in New Video, J.K. Simmons Wrapped
- Comic Book Movie: J.K. Simmons Praises JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder; Says Most Of His Scenes Are With Ben Affleck
- ScreenRant: Justice League: J.K. Simmons Praises Zack Snyder; Talks Gordon Role
- Latino Review: Commissioner Gordon Won't Have A Sizable Part In JUSTICE LEAGUE, Says J.K. Simmons
- JoBlo: J.K. Simmons wraps on Justice League; praises Zack Snyder's "fun" set
- MovieWeb: J.K. Simmons Wraps on Justice League, Reveals Commissioner Gordon Details
- Bleeding Cool: The Justice League Stands Against The Dakota Access Pipeline
- The Wrap: JK Simmons Drops New ‘Justice League’ Details
Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt must find a way to survive when their interstellar ship malfunctions in the sci-fi drama Passengers.
- Screen Crush: Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt Are Very Serious in Space in the First 'Passengers' Poster
- ScreenRant: Passengers Poster: Jennifer Lawrence & Chris Pratt Are On a Journey
- Comic Book Movie: The First Teaser Poster For Chris Pratt & Jennifer Lawrence's Sci-Fi Thriller PASSENGERS Has Landed
- Dark Horizons: New Poster: J-Law, Pratt In “Passengers”