Science Fiction News
Just maybe Idris Elba is bringing some of that street cred to “Star Trek Beyond.”In an interview with MTV News, Elba opened up to them about his mysterious Star Trek role at the press day of “Beasts of No Nation.”“Simon [Pegg] and the team have written a very interesting, complex journey for my character. You’ve never seen me play a character like this,” he told MTV News.There are a lot of speculations by Trekkies on who Elba may be playing due to the production’s secrecy.
- Cinema Blend: Idris Elba Drops Details On His Star Trek Villain, Get The Latest
- We Got This Covered: Idris Elba Teases His “Complex” And “Groundbreaking” Star Trek Beyond Villain
- MTV Movies Blog: Idris Elba Promises ‘Groundbreaking’ Villain In ‘Star Trek Beyond’
- MovieWeb: 'Star Trek 3' Villain Is Groundbreaking Says Idris Elba
- ScreenRant: Star Trek 3: Idris Elba Teases ‘Groundbreaking’ Villain
- Comic Book Movie: Idris Elba Talks Playing STAR TREK BEYOND's "Groundbreaking" Antagonist
- JoBlo: Idris Elba's Star Trek villain will be "groundbreaking" for the franchise
Disney surprised everyone earlier this year that Tron 3, a sequel to the mediocre 2010 Tron: Legacy, was on the fast-track. Stars Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde were set to return, along with original director Joseph Kosinski. And then, just as quickly as the sequel materialized, it disappeared. Disney abruptly canceled the film and everyone was left scratching their heads. Why randomly start developing Tron 3 (a movie that, frankly, few were clamoring for) five years after Tron: Legacy only to cancel it just a few short months later?
- JoBlo: Garrett Hedlund says Tron 3 is "not totally dead"
- Comic Book Movie: TRON 3 Might Not Be "Totally Dead" According To Star Garrett Hedlund
- Entertainment Weekly: Garrett Hedlund hasn't been told 'Tron 3' is 'totally dead'
- Latino Review: 'Tron 3' Will Eventually Happen So Says Garrett Hedlund
- The Playlist: Steven Soderbergh To Direct 'Clue'-Esque Film 'Mosaic' For HBO With Garrett Hedlund And Sharon Stone
Director Ridley Scott surprised fans yesterday by announcing the Prometheus 2 title as Alien: Paradise Lost. HeyUGuys caught up with Scott on the red carpet of the European premiere of his new film, The Martian, and asked for a clarification on the title. Click here to view the embedded video. “Because we’re heading back to why and how and when the beast was invented,” said Scott.
- Coming Soon: Ridley Scott on Why Prometheus 2 is Now Alien: Paradise Lost
- Shock Till You Drop: Ridley Scott on Why Prometheus 2 is Now Alien: Paradise Lost
- Moviefone: Ridley Scott Reveals 'Prometheus 2' Title: 'Alien: Paradise Lost'
- We Got This Covered: Ridley Scott Explains Alien: Paradise Lost Title And Its Ties To The 1979 Classic
- Digital Spy: Ridley Scott's revealed that Prometheus 2 will actually be called Alien: Paradise Lost
- Vulture: Ridley Scott Says Prometheus 2 Will Be an Alien Movie With a Title You May Recall From High School
- Filmonic: Prometheus 2 is Called Alien: Paradise Lost
- Total Film: Start calling Prometheus 2 by its new name - Alien: Paradise Lost
- Comic Book Movie: Ridley Scott Explains Why PROMETHEUS 2 Has Become An ALIEN Movie
- MovieWeb: Why Is 'Prometheus 2' Now Titled 'Alien: Paradise Lost'?
- Empire Magazine: Ridley Scott Reveals Prometheus 2's Real Title
- IGN Movies: 100 Movies Coming to Oculus, Including Alien, X-Men: DOFP
- The Playlist: Ridley Scott Reveals The Confusing Title For 'Prometheus 2'
- Comic Book Movie: Ridley Scott Reveals The Surprising ALIEN Themed Title Of PROMETHEUS 2
- The Wrap: Ridley Scott Reveals ‘Prometheus’ Sequel Title (Video)
- We Got This Covered: Ridley Scott Reveals That The Prometheus Sequel Will Be Titled Alien: Paradise Lost
- Coming Soon: Prometheus 2 Officially Titled Alien: Paradise Lost, Says Ridley Scott
- Shock Till You Drop: Prometheus 2 Officially Titled Alien: Paradise Lost, Says Ridley Scott
- Empire Magazine: Ridley Scott Planning More Prometheus Sequels
- JoBlo: Ridley Scott will tie his Prometheus story back into Alien eventually
- Latino Review: Next 'Prometheus' Film is Actually an 'Alien' Film, Director Ridley Scott Reveals
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: Who Will Direct 'Furious 8'? Ridley Scott Confirms More 'Prometheus' Movies
- Screen Crush: Ridley Scott Reveals 'Prometheus 2' Will Be Titled 'Alien: Paradise Lost'
- Dark Horizons: "Prometheus" Sequel Gets "Alien" Title
Peter Pan gets an Honest Trailer and Werner Herzog narrates The Muppets in today's Nerd Alert.
- Screen Crush: Watch 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in Black & White
- The Playlist: Watch: 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Presented In Black And White
- Cinema Blend: The Best Part About Playing Spider-Man, According To Andrew Garfield
- SlashFilm: Jon Watts Confirms Peter Parker’s Age in New ‘Spider-Man’
- IGN Movies: How Young Will Spider-Man Be in the Reboot?
- Comic Book Movie: SINISTER SIX Movie Would Have Included SPIDER-MAN; May Still Happen With Marvel Studios
- ScreenRant: Spider-Man: Drew Goddard Says Sinister Six Movie Could Happen in A Few Years
- MovieWeb: 'Spider-Man' Spinoff 'Sinister Six' May Happen at Marvel
- MTV Movies Blog: Why ‘Sinister Six’ Could Be The ‘Suicide Squad’ Of ‘Spider-Man’ Movies
Season 2 Episode 1: "Damned If You Do..." Synopsis: Penguin is King of Gotham and after a shakeup at the GCPD, Detective James Gordon’s moral compass wavers, as he seeks help from Penguin. Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne continues to explore the secrets from his father’s office, while GOTHAM newcomers Theo Galavan (James Frain) and his sister, Tabitha (Jessica Lucas),... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: First Look Promo For Gotham Season 2, Episode 2; “Knock, Knock”
- Comic Book Movie: GOTHAM Season 2, Episode 2 Promo: "Knock, Knock"
- Vulture: Gotham Recap: Oh No, Barbara’s Evil Now
- Bleeding Cool: A Clash Of Tones Continues In Gotham Season Two Premiere
- Comic Book Movie: DEADPOOL And GOTHAM Star Morena Baccarin Stuns On The Emmys Red Carpet
Fresh off its well-received Toronto premiere, The Martian is coming to New York. The Film Society of Lincoln Center announced that a sneak preview of The Martian will screen in RealD 3-D at the 53rd New York Film Festival on Sept. 27. Directed by Ridley Scott, the adaptation of...
- Hollywood Reporter: Sneak Peak of 'The Martian' to Screen at the New York Film Festival
- IndieWire: 'The Martian' Sneak Preview to Land at 53rd New York Film Festival
- Coming Soon: New The Martian In-World Video Wants to Bring Matt Damon Home
- IGN Movies: ISS Crew Gets an Exclusive Screening of The Martian
The Martian may not hit theaters until October, but the upcoming movie has already made its premiere â in space. Astronauts on board the International Space Station got to watch an advanced screening of The Martian this weekend. Scott Kelly and Kjell Lindgren both shared photos of...
- Deadline: ‘The Martian’ Screened For Crew On The International Space Station
- Dark Horizons: "The Martian" Screens On Space Station
- Cinema Blend: The Martian Just Got The Coolest Screening Ever, See Where It Went Down
- Screen Crush: 'The Martian' Clip: Mars Will Come to Fear Matt Damon's Botany Powers
- Comic Book Movie: Meet The Ares 3 Team & Learn About Their Mission In New Guide/Images From THE MARTIAN
- ScreenRant: The Martian Character Guide Includes New Images and Character Details
Every single human being with access to a movie theater saw Jurassic World this summer, making it the highest grossing film of all time not directed by James Cameron (aka, the third highest grossing film of all time). A sequel was inevitable. But how about a trilogy? Because director Colin Trevorrow says that he always had a three-movie arc in mind. Now, $1.6 billion later, he’s able to start talking about it like a real thing that will actually happen and not some crazy plan. Continue reading…
- Coming Soon: Colin Trevorrow Reveals the Jurassic Park Quote That Inspired the Jurassic World…
- Shock Till You Drop: Colin Trevorrow Reveals the Jurassic Park Quote That Inspired the Jurassic World Sequel
- The Playlist: Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World' Sequel Will Take Things To "The Next Level"
- Cinema Blend: The Jurassic Park Quote That Actually Inspired Jurassic World
- Badass Digest: JURASSIC PARK: Spielberg The Magician, Spielberg The Father
Lest you thought all of the DEADPOOL news today would be about Colossus' massive role in the film (more on that here), Ryan Reynolds recently spoke to GQ magazine regarding his starring role as the Merc with the Mouth. Of course, those who have seen the trailer knows that he pokes fun at his previous GREEN LANTERN character and costume, but the man is actually a little more grateful than you may realize. You... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: DEADPOOL Star Ryan Reynolds Covers GQ; Talks Return To CBMs, GREEN LANTERN, FF, & More
- Coming Soon: Ryan Reynolds Talks Uniqueness of Deadpool and Finally Making the Solo Film
- We Got This Covered: Deadpool Movie Represents Six Years In The Making, Ryan Reynolds Talks Lead Character
- Entertainment Weekly: Ryan Reynolds explains why now is 'the right time' for 'Deadpool'
- USA Today: Ryan Reynolds says old pal shopped pictures of his baby
- ScreenRant: Deadpool Creator Says Colossus Has Substantial Role in Movie
- Total Film: X-Men's Colossus to have major role in Deadpool
- Latino Review: 'You Are Going To Love Colossus' In 'Deadpool,' According To Liefeld
- JoBlo: Andre Tricoteux's Colossus will have a sizable role in Deadpool
- MovieWeb: 'Deadpool' Uses Colossus for More Than Just a Cameo