Science Fiction News
The folks over at Stitch Kingdom have come across an updated synopsis for Marvel's Ant-Man adaptation which has revealed not only supporting character names, but also a new cast member.
- Digital Spy: Pan release moved to avoid Ant-Man clash
- MovieWeb: 'Pan' Release Date Moves to Avoid Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
- Comic Book Movie: PAN Changes Release Date To Avoid Marvel's ANT-MAN
- FirstShowing.net: Joe Wright's 'Pan' Moves Away from Marvel's 'Ant-Man' by One Week
- ScreenRant: ‘Ant-Man’ Updated Synopsis Reveals More Cast & Character Names
- MovieWeb: 'Ant-Man' Announces More Cast and Character Names
Warner Bros. You really don’t need to watch this second trailer for next year’s Mad Max: Fury Road. You’ll want too of course, especially after the magnificence of the first trailer that premiered this past summer, and we honestly can’t blame you. But you still don’t need to watch this new one. The problem isn’t that this latest trailer underwhelms — on the contrary as it’s loaded with awesomeness that makes the wait for the film’s release next May even more of a struggle.
- USA Today: 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is absolutely nuts
- Horror-Movies.ca: New Fiery Trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road
- SlashFilm: ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Photos – Let’s Over-Analyze the Trailer
- Filmonic: The World Goes Mad in Mad Max: Fury Road
Shortly after the first trailer was released last month for Jurassic World, director Colin Trevorrow offered a detailed breakdown of the first footage. That breakdown revealed that Irrfan Khan's character, Masrani, is the park's new owner, whose company Masrani Global bought Jurassic Park from InGen and re-opened the attraction in 2005. During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Irrfan Khan offered new story and character details, revealing that Masrani is rather flamboyant, but not that wise."I'm playing the park owner, a very flamboyant person.
- ScreenRant: ‘Jurassic World’ Actor Provides More Story Details
- Shock Till You Drop: Irrfan Khan Talks Jurassic World, His Character Simon Masrani
- Collider: Irrfan Khan Discusses His JURASSIC WORLD Character; Calls Simon Masrani a “Very Flamboyant” Park Owner with Good Intentions
- Shockya: The Daring Post-apocalyptic Love Story of Turbo Kid to World Premiere at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Collider: John Lee Hancock in Talks to Tell the Story Behind the McDonald’s Expansion with THE FOUNDER; Tom Hanks and Michael Keaton Eyed to Star
- Comic Book Movie: Irrfan Khan Says JURASSIC WORLD Is Going To Be A "Scary Adventure"
- JoBlo: Irrfan Khan says Jurassic World will be a "scary adventure"
File this one under "Long Shot," but there's currently a groundswell movement to get Jonathan Frakes into the director's chair for Star Trek 3. Frakes is mostly known for his role on the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation, where he played Commander William Riker.How far has this little movement gone? Well, Frakes revealed to Komo News Radio that he has contacted J.J. Abrams himself, while his agent has gone to Paramount to try and make a deal. Oh, and there's also a hashtag (of course): #BringInRiker"I'm all over it.
- Dark Horizons: Frakes Wants To Helm "Star Trek 3"
- Digital Spy: Jonathan Frakes wants to direct Star Trek 3: 'It's a long shot'
- IGN Movies: The Latest on Star Trek 3
- Comic Book Movie: Jonathan Frakes Reached Out To J.J. Abrams About Directing STAR TREK 3
- Empire Magazine: Jonathan Frakes After Star Trek 3
- Empire Magazine: Jonathan Frakes Wants To Direct Star Trek 3
- JoBlo: Jonathan Frakes has contacted J.J. Abrams about directing Star Trek 3
- FirstShowing.net: 'First Contact' Director Jonathan Frakes Wants a Shot at 'Star Trek 3'
Last week it was rumored Roberto Orci won't be helming STAR TREK 3, and in a post on TrekMovie.com's message board (which he's done in the past), Orci confirmed he will not be directing the film, saying he "will be very involved" and he and Paramount are looking for “the right director." It was also rumored the reason why Roberto Orci... Read More...
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Trek 3′: Roberto Orci Talks Script Rumors, Says He’s Still ‘Very Involved’
- Cinema Blend: How Roberto Orci Feels About Star Trek 3, Now That He's No Longer Directing It
- MovieWeb: Roberto Orci Comments on Exit as 'Star Trek 3' Director
- Screen Crush: Former 'Star Trek 3' Director Roberto Orci Breaks Silence on His Departure, Really Enjoys Emoticons
- Dark Horizons: Orci Responds To "Star Trek 3" Rumors
Welcome to Screen Rant’s “Geek Picks,” where we collect the finest movie-related geekery from around the Web.
- Cinema Blend: Watch Marvel Get A Big Middle Finger In This Guardians Of The Galaxy Honest Trailer
- Digital Spy: Guardians of the Galaxy gets the honest trailer treatment
- SlashFilm: Watch the Honest Trailer for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy:’ “They’re the Space Avengers”
- Bleeding Cool: Honest Trailer For Guardians Of The Galaxy
- MTV Movies Blog: The ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Are Really Just The Space Avengers, And This Honest Trailer Proves It
- Cinema Blend: This Week In Home Entertainment: Guardians Of The Galaxy And More
- ScreenRant: Michael Rooker Talks Yondu’s Role in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
- Comic Book Movie: GIVEAWAY: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Pinball Game (Xbox Codes) & Signed Poster
- MovieWeb: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' May Bring Yondu Back to Earth
- FirstShowing.net: 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' 'Frozen' & More Get 2015 Grammy Noms
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Batman, The Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Stan Lee, Batkid, Deadshot
- USA Today: 'Guardians' are basically just 'Space Avengers'
One of the biggest and most surprising films of the year, Guardians of the Galaxy, comes out on Blu-ray on Tuesday. It’s a fun occasion for Marvel fans because the studio’s Blu-rays are always so much fun. We covered some of what makes this release so cool in the past, but we also talked to James Gunn about it. Gunn is the co-writer and director of the film and, on the occasion of the Blu-ray release, we got to talk to him about the surprising success of the film.
- Collider: James Gunn Says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 Is All About “Moving Forward”
- Empire Magazine: James Gunn Talks More about Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
- Latino Review: James Gunn Talks 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Sequel
- Hollywood Reporter: James Gunn Pledges That 'Guardians' Sequel Won't Be More of the Same
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: New on DVD & Blu-Ray: Guardians of the Galaxy, Dolphin Tale 2, and More
- ScreenRant: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′ Will Show Its Heroes Are ‘Worse Than Fans Think’
- MovieWeb: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Shows Heroes at Their Worst
- JoBlo: This Week in Blu-ray / DVD Releases: Guardians of the Galaxy, Frank
- Dark Horizons: "Guardians" Sequel To Be Quite Different
That's a wrap on Marvel's Ant-Man. Director Peyton Reed made the announcement via Twitter (see below). The movie shot in San Francisco and Atlanta, and stars Paul Rudd as Scott Lang, Michael Douglas as Hank Pym, Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne, and Corey Stoll as Darren Cross. And that's it! Principal photography on ANT-MAN is now complete. The ants have left the building. Stay tuned... pic.twitter.com/xj5h9qFyo6 — Peyton Reed (@MrPeytonReed) December 6, 2014 Ant-Man is scheduled to hit theaters July 31, 2015. Continue reading…
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Ant-Man Wraps Filming
- Screen Crush: 'Ant-Man' Has Officially Completed Filming, Marking the End of Marvel's Phase Two
- Collider: Marvel’s ANT-MAN Wraps Filming
- Bleeding Cool: Ant-Man Has Wrapped Principal Photography
Ten days after its release in theaters and online, the teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is the most watched 88 seconds in the history of trailers, with 72 million views in just over one week. While most of the world has seen the footage, there's one guy who still hasn't watched it yet. And it doesn't sound like he's going to anytime soon.
- Vulture: George Lucas Hasn’t Watched the Star Wars Teaser Trailer
- Variety: George Lucas Hasn’t Watched the New ‘Star Wars’ Trailer
- Cinema Blend: George Lucas Hasn't Watched The Star Wars 7 Trailer, Here's Why
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: George Lucas ‘Star Wars 7′ Trailer Reaction, Best Marvel Villains & More
- Screen Crush: George Lucas Hasn't Seen the 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Trailer, "Not Really" Interested in the Movie
- MTV Movies Blog: George Lucas Hasn’t Seen The New ‘Star Wars’ Trailer, And Doesn’t Plan To
- Comic Book Movie: George Lucas Hasn't Watched The STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer
- SlashFilm: Has George Lucas Seen the ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer?
- Collider: George Lucas Further Estranges Himself from Fans; Says He Hasn’t Seen the STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer
- USA Today: Lucas has NOT seen the 'Star Wars' trailer
- Cinema Blend: See Classic Star Wars Remade Force Awakens Style
- USA Today: The 'Star Wars' cast didn't age well in SNL spoof
- Collider: TOP 5: STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer, Roberto Orci Not Directing STAR TREK 3, First TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer, BOND 24, JURASSIC WORLD Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: TGB on 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' (Guest: AICN's Alan Cerny)
- HitFix: 'SNL' imagines a geriatric 'Star Wars' cast in 'The Force Awakens' spoof
- SlashFilm: ‘Saturday Night Live’ Spoofs ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer
- Bleeding Cool: SNL Has Fun With New Star Wars Trailer And Old Characters
- Comic Book Movie: FAN ART: STAR WARS Meets AKIRA In This Cool Mash-Up
- FirstShowing.net: 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Gets a 'Saturday Night Live' Parody
- Comic Book Movie: Trailer Battle: STAR WARS: TFA v JURASSIC WORLD v TERMINATOR: GENISYS
The regional critics groups have begun dishing out kudos, beginning today with the Boston Online Film Critics Association. And happily, we're kicking things off with an outside-the-box choice that hopefully sets the stage for this wide open season.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Variety: ‘Snowpiercer’ Named Best Picture by Boston Online Film Critics
- Hollywood Reporter: Boston Online Film Critics Name 'Snowpiercer' Best Picture
- Thompson on Hollywood: Boston Online Film Critics Love 'Snowpiercer,' Tilda Swinton, Marion Cotillard, 'Calvary'