Scarlett Johansson News
Now that you've seen it, what did you think? Imagine what she could do with 100%. Now in theaters is Luc Besson's Lucy, starring Scarlett Johansson as Lucy, a woman caught in a dark deal who ends up gaining incredible powers when a drug gives her 100% brain capacity superpowers. Morgan Freeman also co-stars as a Professor explaining what's going on with her, and how/why she's gaining these powers. Choi Min-sik, Amr Waked, Julian Rhind-Tutt and Pilou Asbæk are also in the sci-fi action movie. Is it any good? Did Luc Besson get his groove back?
- AintItCool: HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY!!
- Variety: Box Office: Scarlett Johansson’s ‘Lucy’ to Slay ‘Hercules’ With $45 Million Opening
- Variety: ‘Lucy’ Beating Up ‘Hercules’ at Friday Box Office
- AintItCool: Capone can't decide if LUCY is a dumb movie about smart people or a smart movie about dumb people
- Entertainment Weekly: Box-office update: ‘Lucy’ defeats ‘Hercules’ with $17.1 million Friday
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Lucy' Wows With $17.1M Friday; 'Hercules' Distant No. 2
- Movies With Butter: New in Theaters: 'Hercules,' 'Lucy,' 'And So It Goes'
- Bleeding Cool: Lucy Lawless Is Longtime SHIELD veteran Isabel Hartly (And Other New SHIELD Cast)
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: LUCY Is More Powerful Than HERCULES
Whether suiting up as Black Widow or luring oafish, young men to their otherworldly demise in Under the Skin, or wrangling Joaquin Phoenix with her voice alone in Her, Scarlett Johansson appears to be the ideal choice to play the next-level woman, a female character made supernatural with all the powers she beholds. So thank goodness writer/director Luc Besson has her front and center in Lucy, his latest sci-fi, evolutionary actioner that promises to blow your mind as well as your entertainment meter.
PLOT: Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) – a young student living in Taiwan – is coerced into becoming a drug mule by a ruthless gangster (Choi Min-sik). When the contents of her package are absorbed into her blood, she suddenly becomes capable of unlocking dormant parts of her brain, making her virtually superhuman. REVIEW: LUCY is not at all the film I was expecting, nor the film that Universal... Read More...
- Variety: Box Office: Scarlett Johansson’s ‘Lucy’ to Out Muscle ‘Hercules’
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office Preview: Female Action Pic 'Lucy' Looks to Slay 'Hercules'
- We Got This Covered: Lucy Review
- Entertainment Weekly: Can Luc Besson score another French-import blockbuster with ‘Lucy’?
- Variety: Luc Besson Puts His EuropaCorp to the Test With ‘Lucy’
- The Wrap: ‘Lucy’ Director Luc Besson Predicts Greed Will End Human Civilization
- The Wrap: How Badly Will Scarlett Johansson's ‘Lucy’ Spank The Rock's ‘Hercules’ at Box Office?
- The Wrap: ‘Lucy’ WrapOff Review: ‘Mildly Under-Ripe’ (Video)
- Film School Rejects: ‘Lucy’ Review: Scarlett Johansson’s Brains and Brawn Don’t Quite Mix