Scarlett Johansson News
This week: Girls night out with Lucy and Annabelle; Oscar-nominated The Boxtrolls; and for his last movie, James Gandolfini goes back to the mob in The Drop. ► Before she gets into her Black Widow tights again, Scarlett Johansson plays a different type of superhero in Luc Bessons mindbending LUCY. Forced into being a drug mule, shes kicked in... Read More...
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: New on DVD & Blu-Ray: Lucy, Anabelle, The Boxtrolls, and More
- USA Today: Exclusive: 'Lucy' set peek of Scarlett Johansson
- Mania: Blu-ray Shopping Bag: LUCY
Now that you've seen it, what did you think? Imagine what she could do with 100%. Now in theaters is Luc Besson's Lucy, starring Scarlett Johansson as Lucy, a woman caught in a dark deal who ends up gaining incredible powers when a drug gives her 100% brain capacity superpowers. Morgan Freeman also co-stars as a Professor explaining what's going on with her, and how/why she's gaining these powers. Choi Min-sik, Amr Waked, Julian Rhind-Tutt and Pilou Asbæk are also in the sci-fi action movie. Is it any good? Did Luc Besson get his groove back?
- AintItCool: HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY!!
- Variety: Box Office: Scarlett Johansson’s ‘Lucy’ to Slay ‘Hercules’ With $45 Million Opening
- Variety: ‘Lucy’ Beating Up ‘Hercules’ at Friday Box Office
- AintItCool: Capone can't decide if LUCY is a dumb movie about smart people or a smart movie about dumb people
- Entertainment Weekly: Box-office update: ‘Lucy’ defeats ‘Hercules’ with $17.1 million Friday
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Lucy' Wows With $17.1M Friday; 'Hercules' Distant No. 2
- Movies With Butter: New in Theaters: 'Hercules,' 'Lucy,' 'And So It Goes'
- Bleeding Cool: Lucy Lawless Is Longtime SHIELD veteran Isabel Hartly (And Other New SHIELD Cast)
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: LUCY Is More Powerful Than HERCULES
Whether suiting up as Black Widow or luring oafish, young men to their otherworldly demise in Under the Skin, or wrangling Joaquin Phoenix with her voice alone in Her, Scarlett Johansson appears to be the ideal choice to play the next-level woman, a female character made supernatural with all the powers she beholds. So thank goodness writer/director Luc Besson has her front and center in Lucy, his latest sci-fi, evolutionary actioner that promises to blow your mind as well as your entertainment meter.