Rosemarie DeWitt News
Two of my favorite actors today happen to be Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt. And frankly, they give everything they do some serious credibility. So when you place them in the roles of the terrorized parents in POLTERGEIST, it already makes you care about the characters more. While the original film will always be one of my all-time favorites, I was surprised at how much fun I had with this new film and much... Read More...
This isn't just a few pissed off spirits...The first trailer for the new take on Poltergeist arrived back in February, offering the first proper look at the new family being bothered by some pesky supernatural troublemakers. Here’s the latest promo, which brings some new footage.This time around, the focus is on the Bowen family, dad Eric (Sam Rockwell), mum Amy (Rosemarie DeWitt) and kids Kendra (Saxon Sharbino), Griffin (Kyle Catlett) and Madison (Kennedi Clements), the latter of whom becomes the main focus of supernatural attention.
- IGN Movies: Poltergeist Reboot Director Reports Disturbing Occurrences on Set
- Bleeding Cool: "We Just Want Our Daughter Back." - 2nd Trailer For Poltergeist Reboot
- Coming Soon: The New Poltergeist Trailer Has Arrived!
- Shock Till You Drop: Poltergeist Trailer: More Than a Few Pissed Off Ghosts
- Horror Society: Terrifying New ‘POLTERGEIST’ Trailer Released
- Cinema Blend: New Poltergeist Trailer Terrifies With Clowns And Pissed-Off Spirits
- Hollywood Reporter: Scary TV Returns in New 'Poltergeist' Trailer: "They're Here"
- Chud: New Trailer for New ‘Poltergeist’ Is New, I Think
- Dark Horizons: Full Trailer & Poster: "Poltergeist"
- The Wrap: ‘They’re Heeeeere’ In Sam Raimi’s Newest ‘Poltergeist’ Trailer (Video)
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Second 'Poltergeist' Trailer Already Knows What Scares You
- The Playlist: Watch: New Trailer For The 'Poltergeist' Remake Delivers An Unrelenting Nightmare
- Comic Book Movie: "They're Here": New Full-Length Trailer For The POLTERGEIST Remake
- Latino Review: New Trailer for 'Poltergeist' is HERE!
- Screen Crush: 'Poltergeist' Trailer: There Goes the Neighborhood Again
- SlashFilm: ‘Poltergeist’ Trailer #2: Sam Raimi and Gil Kenan Remake a Classic
- MovieWeb: 'Poltergeist' Trailer #2 Brings Your Worst Fears to Life
- JoBlo: You will believe a clown doll can fly in the latest Poltergeist trailer
20th Century Fox and MGM have released a the first TV Spot (aired during Empire season finale) for the upcoming reboot of "Poltergeist" starring Sam Rockwell, Jared Harris, Rosemarie DeWitt,Saxon Sharbino, and Jane Adams.Legendary filmmaker Sam Raimi (“Spiderman,” “Evil Dead”, “The Grudge”) and director Gil Kenan (“Monster House”) contemporize the classic tale about a family whose suburban home is haunted by evil forces.
- Shock Till You Drop: New TV Spot Puts Poltergeist on a Pedestal
- Coming Soon: The First TV Spot for Poltergeist is Here
- Horror-Movies.ca: New Poltergeist TV Spot Asks ‘What Are You Afraid Of?’
- Comic Book Movie: Creepy New Footage In First TV Spot For The POLTERGEIST Remake
- FirstShowing.net: 'Poltergeist' Remake Isn't Just Another Ghost Story in First TV Spot
- MovieWeb: 'Poltergeist' TV Spot Asks 'What Are You Afraid Of?'
One of the more curious horror releases arriving this year is the remake of ‘Poltergeist,’ starring Sam Rockwell, Rosemarie DeWitt, and Jared Harris. Remake or no, that is one enticing cast of talented people. The remake is based on the 1982 horror classic directed by Tobe Hooper and produced by Steven Spielberg, and up until now, we haven’t known a whole lot about it—aside from the fact that it will be presented in 3D (insert eye roll). A new interview with Rockwell provides some new details about the project, and doesn’t make it sound all that scary. Continue reading…
- Digital Spy: Poltergeist remake 'more of a kids' movie', says Sam Rockwell
- ScreenRant: ‘Poltergeist’ Remake is ‘More of a Kids’ Movie’ Says Sam Rockwell
- MovieWeb: Sam Rockwell Calls 'Poltergeist' Remake a Kids Movie
- Shock Till You Drop: Sam Rockwell Talks New Poltergeist’s Perspective
Larger-than-life true stories are catnip for Hollywood, as if “this really happened” imprints lend more gravitas and import than fictional narratives that are potentially just as trenchant or more so. The problem therein lies not only with doing the story justice, but seeing beyond the compelling details and transforming them into something with moving dramatic heft, with the freedom of fiction often being a much more pliant tool. And like most alluring substances, the attracting agents within the true story can be blinding.
- The Wrap: ‘Kill the Messenger’ Review: Jeremy Renner's Muckraking Feels Half-Baked in This Biopic
- Cinema Blend: The Weird Story Of How Tom Cruise Convinced Jeremy Renner To Do Mission: Impossible
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Kill the Messenger’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Kill the Messenger': Film Review
- Comic Book Movie: Jeremy Renner Teases AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Secrets And Talks MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 5
Two-time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner (“The Bourne Legacy”) leads an all-star cast in a dramatic thriller based on the remarkable true story of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb. Webb stumbles onto a story which leads to the shady origins of the men who started the crack epidemic on the nation’s streets…and further alleges that the CIA was aware of major dealers who were smuggling cocaine into the U.S., and using the profits to arm rebels fighting in Nicaragua.