Relativity Media News
The Crow remake can't seem to catch a break. Long in development, it was announced yesterday that acclaimed music video director Corin Hardy had replaced exiting director F. Javier Gutiérrez with a spring start date in place. But the movie may be facing another set back, as Luke Evans prepares to exit the project.It has been known for sometime that Luke Evans has never officially signed onto The Crow, despite some rumors to the contrary. Speaking with Den of Geeks, the actor clarified the situation.
- Digital Spy: Luke Evans hints at The Crow exit: 'I can't wait much longer'
- IGN Movies: Luke Evans Won’t Be The Crow
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Remake Gets Music Video Director Corin Hardy
- Bleeding Cool: The Crow Reboot Gets A Director
For over a year, Jonathan Liebesman’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot was the source of constant scrutiny from Shell Heads around the globe. The announcement of Transformers director Michael Bay as producer was only the first in a steady stream of divisive choices – followed by rumored changes to the turtles’ origin story as well as the casting of Megan Fox as April O’Neil.
- SlashFilm: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ to Be Directed By ‘Earth to Echo’ Helmer Dave Green
- Collider: EARTH TO ECHO Director David Green in Talks to Direct TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2; Bepop and Rocksteady to Appear
- Screen Crush: 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Moving Forward With a New Director
- ScreenRant: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Eyes ‘Earth to Echo’ Director
- AintItCool: A new director has been found for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2!
- We Got This Covered: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 May Gain David Green
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sequel Has Its Director
- The Wrap: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' Eyes ‘Earth to Echo’ Director Dave Green (Exclusive)
- Comic Book Movie: Paramount In Talks With A New Director For TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2
- FirstShowing.net: 'Earth to Echo' Director Boarding 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'
- JoBlo: David Green in talks to direct Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
- Dark Horizons: David Green To Helm "Ninja Turtles" Sequel
- AintItCool: Some Characters Who’ll Appear In The NINJA TURTLES Sequel…
- MovieWeb: 'Ninja Turtles 2' Gets 'Earth to Echo' Director
- IGN Movies: Earth to Echo Director in Early Talks for Ninja Turtles 2
- Comic Book Movie: TMNT 2: 'Bebop' & 'Rocksteady' Will Appear; 'Casey Jones' Likely
Relativity Media’s planned reboot of The Crow comic book movie franchise has now gone through a handful of director switches; just yesterday, we found out that relative newcomer Corin Hardy is now the helmsman attached.
- Comic Book Movie: Sounds Like Luke Evans Is Dropping Out Of THE CROW Reboot
- JoBlo: Luke Evans might be dropping out of Corin Hardy's The Crow reboot
- Shock Till You Drop: Luke Evans May Exit The Crow
- Dark Horizons: Luke Evans Out Of "Crow" Reboot?
- Latino Review: Luke Evans Leaving 'The Crow'?
- SlashFilm: ‘The Crow’ May Have Lost Luke Evans
- Collider: THE CROW Reboot May Lose Luke Evans
- Horror-Movies.ca: The Crow Remakes Sets Corin Hardy as Director
- Digital Spy: Corin Hardy joins The Crow remake as replacement director
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: The Crow Remake Has a New Director
- Empire Magazine: The Crow Finds A New Director
- FirstShowing.net: F. Javier Gutierrez Leaving 'The Crow' Reboot, New Director Hired
- IGN Movies: New Director Boards The Crow Reboot
- SlashFilm: Now Corin Hardy Will Direct ‘The Crow’ Remake
- The Playlist: 'Source Code 2' And 'The Crow' Get New Directors
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Reboot Loses its Director, Gains a New One (Again)
- Screen Crush: 'The Crow' Reboot Gets a New Director Recommended by Edgar Wright
- Latino Review: Corin Hardy To Direct 'The Crow' Reboot
The Woman in Black was something of a surprise success — the old-school supernatural thriller had the advantage of surprise, and of Daniel Radcliffe in one of his first post-Potter roles. Radcliffe and the surprise factor are not a part of the sequel, but there’s still a serious creep factor in The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death, as a bus full of kids fleeing the Blitz in London arrive at the supernaturally dangerous Eel Marsh House.
- AintItCool: New Trailer for THE WOMAN IN BLACK 2: ANGEL OF DEATH!
- Horror-Movies.ca: New Trailer for The Woman In Black 2: Angel of Death
- Deadline: ‘Woman In Black 2: Angel Of Death’ Haunts Eel Marsh House: Hot Trailer
- IndieWire: Watch: 'The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death' Trailer Finds Terror, But No Daniel Radcliffe
- We Got This Covered: Things Go Bump In The Night In The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death Clip
- MovieWeb: Third 'Woman in Black 2 Angel of Death' Trailer
- Latino Review: Another New Trailer for 'The Woman in Black: Angel of Death'
- The Wrap: Haunted Horror During WWII London Blitz in ‘The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death’ Trailer (Video)
- Empire Magazine: New US Trailer For The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death
Academy Award-nominee Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Ben Mendelsohn (The Place Beyond the Pines) are set to headline the upcoming relationship drama Blackbird, which will mark the feature debut of theater director Benedict Andrews ("The Maids").
- Deadline: Rooney Mara, Ben Mendelsohn Star In ‘Blackbird'; First Film For Theater Helmer Benedict Andrews
- Shockya: Rooney Mara, Ben Mendelsohn to Star in Film Adaptation of Blackbird
- The Wrap: Rooney Mara Starring in Affair Drama ‘Blackbird’ Opposite Ben Mendelsohn
- Variety: Rooney Mara to Star in Film Version of Play ‘Blackbird’
Last month at Wizard World Richmond, Sean CW Korsgaard had the pleasure of interviewing James O'Barr, the creator of The Crow. Many topics were discussed but let's just focus on the reboot. Years back, when there was talking of remaking The Crow O'Barr was vocally opposed, but all of that changed when Spanish director Javier Guiterrez flew out to visit O'Barr and explained that he wouldn't be remaking Alex Proyas' The Crow, but actually adapting O'Barr's original graphic novel.
It's been 25 years since James O'Barr's The Crow graphic novel debuted. The book would go on to sell over a million copies. It would also spawn a cult hit film adaptation which is now celebrating it's 20th anniversary. The original film starred Brandon Lee in what would be his final performance, as he died during an unfortunate accident while filming the movie. After that film, Hollywood churned out a few more sequels- but that's where O'Barr checked out. He loathed the sequels and wanted no association with them.
- AintItCool: THE CROW Creator James O’Barr Discusses The Upcoming Movie Reboot, And It Sounds Pretty Damn Cool!!
- Digital Spy: The Crow remake is "re-adapting the book", says creator James O'Barr
- Collider: Comic Creator James O’Barr Shares New Details on THE CROW; It’s a New Adaptation of the Comic, Not a Remake of the Movie
- Dark Horizons: "Crow" Creator Approves The Reboot
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Creator James O’Barr Gives Reboot His Blessing
- JoBlo: Creator James O'Barr gives an update on Luke Evans' The Crow reboot
- Dread Central: Funko Announces Cthulhu and The Crow Pop! Vinyl Figures
- Coming Soon: James O'Barr Offers Huge Update on The Crow
It can't rain all the time. After being caught in development hell for a number of years, The Crow reboot is set to start shooting next Spring. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter at the Abu Dhabi FIlm Festival, producer Edward R. Pressman dropped the news regarding the remake of the 1994 horror/action film. Pressman, who also worked on the original film, is returning to produce the remake, which is being helmed by F.
- Dread Central: Production on The Crow Remake to Begin Next Spring
- Badass Digest: THE CROW Has His Black Nail Polish Fingers Crossed For An Early 2015 Production Start
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Remake Begins Shooting Spring 2015
- Latino Review: 'The Crow' Remake to Start Production in Spring 2015
Attending the Abu Dhabi Film Festival this week, producer Edward R. Pressman revealed that production begins on The Crow remake this spring, while revealing that no cast members have been confirmed at this time.We reported in May 2013 that Luke Evans (Dracula Untold, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug) had signed on to play Eric Draven, and the actor has spoke about the role in interviews over the past year. The Hollywood Reporter states that the actor is the "current favorite" for the role, which contradicts the May 2013 report that he has already signed on.
- Hollywood Reporter: 'The Crow' Remake Aiming for Spring 2015 Production Start
- Shock Till You Drop: Producer Says The Crow Remake Will Fly Next Spring
- Collider: THE CROW Remake Aims to Start Shooting Next Year, Luke Evans Still Attached
- Comic Book Movie: THE CROW Remake Aiming For A Spring 2015 Shoot Date
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Producer Calls It ‘Anti-Spider-Man’; Production Begins Spring 2015
- Shock Till You Drop: Phantom of the Opera is Heading to TV, Eli Roth’s South of Hell Begins Shooting
- We Got This Covered: Luke Evans’ Long-Gestating The Crow Reboot Hopes To Start Shooting Next Year
- Coming Soon: Producer Says The Crow to Begin Production in the Spring
- JoBlo: The Crow remake may start production in early 2015
- AintItCool: Is THE CROW Reboot Flapping Closer To Reality??
- Dark Horizons: "The Crow" Reboot Is Still In The Works
- SlashFilm: ‘The Crow’ Reboot to Shoot in Early 2015
After both a U.K. and domestic teaser, Entertainment One UK has unveiled the first full-length trailer for their upcoming sequel The Woman in Black: Angel of Death, which stars Jeremy Irvine and Helen McCrory. But the real star of this thriller is the creepy Eel Marsh house from the original box office hit.The story takes places in England during 1941. London is in the midst of the blitz, and two school teachers must evacuate a group of children to the abandoned, dreaded and very scary Eel Marsh House located far out in the country.
- Shock Till You Drop: The New UK Trailer for The Woman in Black: Angel of Death
- AintItCool: A New UK Trailer For THE WOMAN IN BLACK: ANGEL OF DEATH!!
- Horror-Movies.ca: New Official Trailer for The Woman in Black: Angel of Death
- We Got This Covered: Creepy New Trailer For The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death Never Forgives, Never Forgets
- Empire Magazine: The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death Trailer Materialises
- The Playlist: Watch: Return To Eel Marsh House With Trailer For Horror Sequel 'The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death'
- Latino Review: New Full Trailer Hits for 'The Woman in Black: Angel of Death'
- Coming Soon: The New UK Trailer for The Woman in Black: Angel of Death
- SlashFilm: ‘The Woman in Black: Angel of Death’ Trailer Welcomes You Back to Eel Marsh House
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Back to Eel Marsh House in 'Woman in Black 2' Full UK Trailer