Relativity Media News
That's so DravenLast month, Jack Huston was revealed to be in talks to play The Crow's Eric Draven, but nothing official was announced. Now, however, the ink has dried on the contracts, the hands have been shaken and Huston can start digging into how he’ll play the tragic hero of The Crow for director Corin Hardy. Hardy was hired as the latest man to call the shots back in December, and it appears that the film is finally back on track after a tortuous spell in development limbo, with a shoot pencilled in for this spring.
- HitFix: It's official: Jack Huston aka Richard Harrow will play Eric Draven in 'The Crow'
- Entertainment Weekly: Jack Huston in as 'The Crow'
- IGN Movies: Jack Huston Reportedly Set as The Crow
- SlashFilm: ‘The Crow’ Sets Jack Huston as Lead
The reboot of the 1994 Brandon Lee-starring film/new adaptation of James O’Barr’s graphic novel, The Crow, has been in the works for over three years. In the director’s seat, Corin Hardy (The Hallow) recently took up the helm from F. Javier Gutierrez. As for the film’s star, Eric Draven, James McAvoy (X-Men: Days of Future Past) and Tom Hiddleston (Crimson Peak) were attached to star before Luke Evans (Dracula Untold) signed on. However, Evans recently left The Crow and seems to have been replaced by Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire).
- Screen Crush: 'The Crow' Reboot Officially Casts Jack Huston and Jessica Brown Findlay
- JoBlo: Jessica Brown Findlay to join Jack Huston in The Crow remake
- Digital Spy: Boardwalk Empire star Jack Huston confirmed for The Crow reboot
- Badass Digest: Jack Huston Confirmed For THE CROW
- MovieWeb: 'Crow' Remake Casts 'Downton Abbey' Star as Eric's Fiancee
- IGN Movies: O'Barr: Downton Abbey Actress Joins The Crow
A few weeks ago we learned that James Huston was being considered for the lead in Corin Hardy's THE CROW remake, and according James O’Barr (creator of The Crow graphic novel), the Boardwalk Empire star has joined the film. While speaking with Dread Central, O'Barr said "Jack Huston has definitely been cast,” and says he is “really happy with that... Read More...
- We Got This Covered: Boardwalk Empire’s Jack Huston To Lead The Crow Remake; Jessica Brown Findlay Joins Cast
- MovieWeb: Jack Huston Is 'The Crow' in Upcoming Remake!
- Dark Horizons: Jack Huston Confirmed As "The Crow"
- Coming Soon: James O’Barr Confirms Jack Huston and Jessica Brown Findlay for The Crow
- Bleeding Cool: James O'Barr Says Jack Huston Is The Crow
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Reboot: Jack Huston Confirmed to Star?
- Comic Book Movie: Jessica Brown Findlay Joins THE CROW Remake As 'Shelly'
- Dread Central: The Crow – Downton Abbey Star Joins Cast; More Details
For the fanbase out there who's still interested to see Relativity Studios reboot the cult comic book property The Crow, the film is finally making progress again. While Luke Evans was linked to the project back in 2013, more recently the actor revealed that he wasn't part of the production anymore. This came along with news that F. Javier Gutierrez was no longer directing and had been replaced by Colin Hardy. And with a new director on board, it sounds like a new star has been found as well.
- Coming Soon: Jack Huston Eyed for The Crow Reboot
- Dark Horizons: Jack Huston Is Up For "The Crow" Reboot
- Comic Book Movie: BOARDWALK EMPIRE's Jack Huston Eyed For Lead Role In THE CROW Reboot
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Reboot: Jack Huston Eyed for Lead Role
- We Got This Covered: Jack Huston Wanted To Lead The Crow Remake
- Dread Central: The Crow – Will Jack Huston Fly?
- Cinema Blend: The Crow Now Looking At Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston To Star
- Badass Digest: Jack Huston Could Be THE CROW’s New Crow
- JoBlo: Jack Huston being eyed to lead The Crow remake and make dreams come true
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Wants 'Boardwalk Empire' Actor Jack Huston
- Empire Magazine: Jack Huston Eyed As The New Crow
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Wants 'Boardwalk Empire' Actor Jack Huston
- SlashFilm: Jack Huston Now in Talks to Lead ‘The Crow’
- The Playlist: Casting: Jack Huston Flying Toward 'The Crow,' Blake Lively & Jason Clarke Join Marc Forster's ‘All I See Is You’ And More
- Latino Review: Huston The New Front-Runner For 'The Crow'
- AintItCool: Okay, let's try this again, THE CROW remake finds a new Eric Draven!
- Film School Rejects: A Brief History Of The Remake Of The Crow That Just Can’t Seem To Fly
Last month we heard from the Eric Draven to be, Luke Evans, that THE CROW reboot was no longer on his schedule. As was absolutely surprising to no one, nothing was really happening with the picture that's been talked about for years now. F. Javier Gutierrez who was set to direct has walked, leaving relative newcomer Corin Hardy to pick up the directing slack. Creator James OBarr is still somewhat optimistic about the... Read More...
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Creator Wants ‘Being Human’ Actor Sam Witwer for the Movie Reboot
- Dark Horizons: Sam Witwer Wanted For "Crow" Remake
- Comic Book Movie: James O'Barr Wants SMALLVILLE Actor Sam Witwer For THE CROW
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Creator Wants 'Smallville' Actor for Remake
I've been following the unraveling of the Crow reboot for a few months now. After an interview came to light that gave fans hope for the film, with series creator James O'Barr explaining how he came to support the project and outlining how passionately director F. Javier Gutierrez and star Luke Evans rallied to get him onboard, things began falling apart. Just over a month later, Gutierrez left the project.
- We Got This Covered: Luke Evans Exits The Crow Reboot
- Bleeding Cool: Luke Evans Exits The Crow Reboot
- Empire Magazine: Luke Evans Officially Off The Crow Reboot
- JoBlo: Luke Evans officially drops out of Corin Hardy's The Crow reboot
- Badass Digest: Luke Evans Is Off THE CROW
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Luke Evans Exits The Crow
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Reboot Director on His ‘Emotional & Brutal’ Approach
It wasn’t that long ago that we heard about the possibility of Luke Evans departing the long-gestating reboot of ‘The Crow,’ which seemed like odd timing, given that the project had just attracted a new (and Edgar Wright-approved!) director. But this weekend makes the news more official, as the ‘Dracula Untold’ star has decided to move on from the project, leaving the iconic role open once again. Continue reading…
- The Wrap: Luke Evans Officially Exits ‘The Crow’ Reboot; Relativity Seeking New Star
- ScreenRant: Luke Evans Officially Exits ‘The Crow’ Reboot
- Digital Spy: Luke Evans confirms departure from The Crow reboot
- Shock Till You Drop: Luke Evans Officially Departs The Crow Remake
- AintItCool: Luke Evans Exits THE CROW Reboot!
- Comic Book Movie: CONFIRMED: Luke Evans Exits THE CROW Reboot; Hunt For New Star Begins
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Remake Loses Luke Evans
- Comic Book Movie: Luke Evans Reaffirms That He Probably Will Not Star In THE CROW
- MovieWeb: Luke Evans Still Not Sure About 'The Crow' Remake
- Dark Horizons: "Crow" Remake Is Brutal & Luke Evans-Free
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Remake Will Be Incredibly Brutal and Emotional
The Crow remake can't seem to catch a break. Long in development, it was announced yesterday that acclaimed music video director Corin Hardy had replaced exiting director F. Javier Gutiérrez with a spring start date in place. But the movie may be facing another set back, as Luke Evans prepares to exit the project.It has been known for sometime that Luke Evans has never officially signed onto The Crow, despite some rumors to the contrary. Speaking with Den of Geeks, the actor clarified the situation.
- Digital Spy: Luke Evans hints at The Crow exit: 'I can't wait much longer'
- IGN Movies: Luke Evans Won’t Be The Crow
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Remake Gets Music Video Director Corin Hardy
- Bleeding Cool: The Crow Reboot Gets A Director
For over a year, Jonathan Liebesman’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot was the source of constant scrutiny from Shell Heads around the globe. The announcement of Transformers director Michael Bay as producer was only the first in a steady stream of divisive choices – followed by rumored changes to the turtles’ origin story as well as the casting of Megan Fox as April O’Neil.
- SlashFilm: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ to Be Directed By ‘Earth to Echo’ Helmer Dave Green
- Collider: EARTH TO ECHO Director David Green in Talks to Direct TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2; Bepop and Rocksteady to Appear
- Screen Crush: 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Moving Forward With a New Director
- ScreenRant: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Eyes ‘Earth to Echo’ Director
- AintItCool: A new director has been found for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2!
- We Got This Covered: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 May Gain David Green
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sequel Has Its Director
- The Wrap: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' Eyes ‘Earth to Echo’ Director Dave Green (Exclusive)
- Comic Book Movie: Paramount In Talks With A New Director For TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2
- FirstShowing.net: 'Earth to Echo' Director Boarding 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'
- JoBlo: David Green in talks to direct Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
- Dark Horizons: David Green To Helm "Ninja Turtles" Sequel
- AintItCool: Some Characters Who’ll Appear In The NINJA TURTLES Sequel…
- MovieWeb: 'Ninja Turtles 2' Gets 'Earth to Echo' Director
- IGN Movies: Earth to Echo Director in Early Talks for Ninja Turtles 2
- Comic Book Movie: TMNT 2: 'Bebop' & 'Rocksteady' Will Appear; 'Casey Jones' Likely
Relativity Media’s planned reboot of The Crow comic book movie franchise has now gone through a handful of director switches; just yesterday, we found out that relative newcomer Corin Hardy is now the helmsman attached.
- Comic Book Movie: Sounds Like Luke Evans Is Dropping Out Of THE CROW Reboot
- JoBlo: Luke Evans might be dropping out of Corin Hardy's The Crow reboot
- Shock Till You Drop: Luke Evans May Exit The Crow
- Dark Horizons: Luke Evans Out Of "Crow" Reboot?
- Latino Review: Luke Evans Leaving 'The Crow'?
- SlashFilm: ‘The Crow’ May Have Lost Luke Evans
- Collider: THE CROW Reboot May Lose Luke Evans
- Horror-Movies.ca: The Crow Remakes Sets Corin Hardy as Director
- Digital Spy: Corin Hardy joins The Crow remake as replacement director
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: The Crow Remake Has a New Director
- Empire Magazine: The Crow Finds A New Director
- FirstShowing.net: F. Javier Gutierrez Leaving 'The Crow' Reboot, New Director Hired
- IGN Movies: New Director Boards The Crow Reboot
- SlashFilm: Now Corin Hardy Will Direct ‘The Crow’ Remake
- The Playlist: 'Source Code 2' And 'The Crow' Get New Directors
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Reboot Loses its Director, Gains a New One (Again)
- Screen Crush: 'The Crow' Reboot Gets a New Director Recommended by Edgar Wright
- Latino Review: Corin Hardy To Direct 'The Crow' Reboot