Contrary to recent reports, many just can't see Joaquin Phoenix - who apparently passed on the Lex Luthor role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - starring in Doctor Strange for Marvel Studios. He first became what sounded like a frontrunner for the Scott Derrickson helmed movie during Comic-Con, and it appeared as if he would be announced at the event just like Mark Ruffalo was for The Avengers a few years ago. That obviously didn't happen, but according to Badass Digest (via IGN), that was the plan!
- Total Film: Rumour: Joaquin Phoenix back on to play Doctor Strange?
- HitFix: Report: Joaquin Phoenix in 'final talks' for 'Doctor Strange'
- Movies With Butter: What's Popping: 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' 'Doctor Strange,' 'Underworld,' 'Blade Runner 2,' 'Inferno'
- IGN Movies: Why Can't Marvel Seal Joaquin's Dr. Strange Deal?
What's Popping: 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' 'Doctor Strange,' 'Underworld,' 'Blade Runner 2,' 'Inferno'
It’s once again time to dive into the world of symbologist Robert Langdon as director Ron Howard and actor Tom Hanks adapt the Dan Brown novel Inferno. According to Deadline, filming will start in April with a script by David Koepp and Brian Grazer returning to produce. In Inferno, Langdon awakens in an Italian hospital with amnesia.
- Deadline: Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April ‘Inferno’ Start
- Badass Digest: Ron Howard And Tom Hanks Are Seriously Making INFERNO This April
- Coming Soon: Tom Hanks and Ron Howard Set to Shoot Dan Brown's Inferno in April
- JoBlo: Tom Hanks and Ron Howard to start filming Dan Brown's Inferno in April
- HitFix: 'Da Vinci Code' threequel 'Inferno' sets start date with Tom Hanks and Ron Howard
- MovieWeb: Tom Hanks and Ron Howard Will Shoot Dan Brown's 'Inferno' in April
- FirstShowing.net: Ron Howard & Tom Hanks Finally Making Dan Brown's 'Inferno' Next
- Empire Magazine: Tom Hanks And Ron Howard Ignite Inferno In April
- ScreenRant: Tom Hanks & Ron Howard to Film Dan Brown’s ‘Inferno’ in Spring 2015
- SlashFilm: Ron Howard And Tom Hanks Will Shoot ‘Inferno’ In April
- Cinema Blend: Ron Howard And Tom Hanks Are Ready To Do Business With Dan Brown Again
- Digital Spy: Tom Hanks to begin shooting Dan Brown's Inferno in April 2015
- Dark Horizons: Dan Brown's "Inferno" To Film In April
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Da Vinci Code’ sequel ‘Inferno’ set to begin shooting in April
- Movies With Butter: Dan Brown's 'Inferno' Shooting Next April