Martin Scorsese got a hero’s welcome on Sunday at the first public L.A.
- Variety: ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- USA Today: Director Martin Scorsese discusses meeting 'disarming' Pope Francis
- USA Today: Pope Francis met Martin Scorsese to discuss his movie about priests
- Shockya: La La Land Movie Review #EmmaStone
- USA Today: Review: Prepare to be enchanted by magical, musical 'La La Land'
Michael Fassbender has a lot to learn about assassin-ing for Assassin’s Creed, and a recent clip introducing the new Animus didn’t make his prospects look very promising. But today’s new clip shows a much more capable Callum Lynch/Aguilar, who is a lot more confident in his physics-defying parkour skills. Continue reading…
The 2016 edition of The Game Awards were held last night (Blizzard’s Overwatch was the big winner, for the record) and 20th Century Fox used this celebration of the best in video games to advertise Assassin’s Creed, their upcoming video game movie adaptation starring Michael Fassbender.
- We Got This Covered: Michael Fassbender Gives Chase In Gripping New Assassin’s Creed Clip
- HitFix: Get Immersed In A Carriage Chase In The Latest ‘Assassin’s Creed’ Clip
- JoBlo: Michael Fassbender rides into action in Assassin's Creed clip
- Coming Soon: Extended Assassin’s Creed Movie Clip from The Game Awards
- Dark Horizons: “Assassin’s Creed” Film Clip From Game Awards
- ScreenRant: Assassin’s Creed Movie VR Experience Coming to Select AMC Theaters
- Latino Review: Watch Carriage Chase Film Clip From ASSASSIN'S CREED Here!
- Bleeding Cool: Another New Clip For ‘Assassin’s Creed’ Shows Off The Action
Legendary and Universal Pictures is gearing up to make its world premiere in China in a few weeks, and by doing so a couple of international previews have surfaced online for Zhang Yimou's upcoming film The Great Wall, starring Matt Damon, Willem Dafoe, Pedro Pascal, Andy Lau, Jing Tian, Zhang Hanyu, and Eddie Peng.The promo videos gives viewers at better look at the Asian cast, have a look below.The film follows a mercenary warrior (Damon) who is imprisoned within The Great Wall, he discovers the mystery behind one o
- Cinema Blend: Matt Damon’s The Great Wall Drops A Massive Trailer With Tons Of Details
- JoBlo: Check out 9 minutes of International trailers & TV spots for The Great Wall
- MovieWeb: Matt Damon's The Great Wall Gets an Epic 9-Minute Trailer
- SlashFilm: ‘The Great Wall’ Extended Trailer Reveals Nearly 9 Minutes of Footage
Although Duncan Jones' WARCRAFT can count itself as the highest grossing video-game movie of all-time, it certainly wasn't the hit that Legendary Pictures was hoping it would be and did little to break the so-called "video-game curse". There's still a chance that the curse could break before the final petal of 2016 falls, as Justin Kurzel's... Read More...
Marvel's Doctor Strange continues to bust blocks worldwide (recently passing the $600 million mark to become the studio's highest grossing single-character debut ever), with most fans and critics agreeing that the movie is pretty great - but some elements of The Sorcerer Supreme's big-screen did come in for some backlash; most notably its depiction of The Dread Dormammu. Towards the end of the movie we finally see the villain in all his otherworldly glory, and while certain aspects of his original comic book appearance are clearly visible, he was basically just a giant, angr
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange Concept Art Reveals Original Dormammu Design
- We Got This Covered: Doctor Strange Concept Art Spotlights Alternate Dormammu Designs
- Latino Review: Dormammu Almost Looked WAY Crazier In Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE (Artwork)
- Cinema Blend: The Doctor Strange Character Who Almost Looked Much Creepier
- Screen Crush: Get a Proper Introduction to the Original Concept Art for the Aliens of 'Arrival'
- SlashFilm: Alternate ‘Arrival’ Alien Designs: Check Out The Original Concept Art
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Arrival' Concept Art Reveals Much Creepier Aliens
This latest trailer for The Great Wall is actually made up of a few different promos for the film. It begins with the standard teaser, before spotlighting each of the main cast members in separate character profiles. This movie has courted a bit of controversy for playing the "white savior" card by casting Matt Damon in the lead, but however you may feel about that, there's no denying the incredible visuals and exciting action shots on display here. Have a watch, and let us know what you think in the usual place.
- We Got This Covered: The Great Wall Gets Super-Sized 9-Minute Trailer
- Hollywood Reporter: Roadside Attractions Teams With Amazon to Release Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Hollywood Reporter: Bradley Cooper to Star in World War II Drama 'Atlantic Wall'
- We Got This Covered: Gavin O’Connor To Direct Bradley Cooper In Atlantic Wall
- Badass Digest: Bradley Cooper And Gavin O’Connor Are Going To War In ATLANTIC WALL
- JoBlo: Bradley Cooper to star in Gavin O'Connor's WWII drama Atlantic Wall
- The Wrap: Roadside, Amazon Team Up for Iraq War Thriller ‘The Wall’
- The Wrap: Bradley Cooper to Star in Black List D-Day Action Film ‘Atlantic Wall’
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: Bradley Cooper to Star in WWII Thriller 'Atlantic Wall'
- Screen Crush: Bradley Cooper Enlists in Gavin O'Connor's WWII Drama 'Atlantic Wall'
We’re less than a month away from the release of Assassin’s Creed and I can’t help but wonder if anyone outside of the faithful are prepared to lay down money to watch Michael Fassbender kind-of sort-of time travel into the distant past so he can stab people in the face. While these video games have a strong following (and a few of them have been genuinely great), I’ve yet to encounter any non-gamers who have greeted the trailers with anything more than a shrug.
- JoBlo: Enter the Animus with Michael Fassbender in this Assassin's Creed clip
- Comic Book Movie: Michael Fassbender's Callum Lynch Enters The Animus In This First Clip From ASSASSIN'S CREED
- ScreenRant: First Assassin’s Creed Clip: Callum Enters the Animus
- Bleeding Cool: New Clip For “Assassin’s Creed’ Shows Us The Animus
This Christmas will see a lot of big releases, but one that has potential to be YUGE is the upcoming romantic/sci-fi flick, PASSENGERS. Stars Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt are at the top of their games with hit franchises in the can, and show little sign of slowing down. Because of this you’d be right in assuming this will basically end up being SPACE TITANIC, which either sounds awesome or... Read More...
- Comic Book Movie: Jennifer Lawrence And Chris Pratt Steam Up Space In This New PASSENGERS Trailer And Clip
- SlashFilm: ‘Passengers’ Clip & Music Video: Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt Get Flirty
- Badass Digest: Seriously, What The Hell Is Going On With This PASSENGERS Trailer?
- ScreenRant: New Passengers Clip Reveals an Intergalactic First Date
How the director crafts tension without a word.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »