The Iraq War saga “American Sniper” soared like a superhero movie at the box office, with a $64.3 million second weekend in wide release that would make any caped crusader proud. The Clint Eastwood-directed telling of the tough return home by Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, played in the movie by Bradley Cooper, continued its electrifying run with the best second weekend ever by an R-rated movie and the eighth-best by any film.
- Variety: Box Office: ‘American Sniper’ Shoots for $62 Million, Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Flops
- Variety: Box Office: ‘American Sniper’ Tops With $64.4 Million, ‘Mortdecai’ Flops
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'American Sniper' Takes Out Competition at Friday Box Office
- USA Today: 'American Sniper' rules weekend box office again
- Moviefone: Weekend Box Office: 'American Sniper' Blows Past Competition For Second Straight Weekend
- HitFix: Box Office: 'American Sniper' rules again at no. 1 as 'Mordecai' bombs
- The Wrap: ‘American Sniper’ Aims for $60 Million, Jennifer Lopez Scoring With ‘Boy Next Door’
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'American Sniper' Adds $18.3 Million, Depp's 'Mortdecai' Flops
- Deadline: Bill Maher Blasts ‘American Sniper’ – Video
- Hollywood Reporter: Bill Maher on 'American Sniper' Hero Chris Kyle: He's a "Psychopath"
- Deadline: Rupert Murdoch Raves About ‘American Sniper’, Slams Hollywood Leftists
- Vulture: Bill Maher Thinks the American Sniper Is More Like a ‘Psychopath Patriot’
- Digital Spy: Seth Rogen: 'American Sniper comments were taken out of context'
- Digital Spy: Bill Maher on American Sniper: "He's a psychopath patriot and we love him"
- Deadline: Eastwood Talks Impact Of ‘American Sniper’ At PGA Nominees Breakfast
- Variety: Clint Eastwood Talks ‘American Sniper’s’ ‘Antiwar Statement,’ Bradley Cooper’s Weight Loss
- Digital Spy: Rupert Murdoch slams "out of touch" American Sniper critics
- The Wrap: Bill Maher Blasts ‘American Sniper’ Chris Kyle as a ‘Psychopath': He’s No Eisenhower (Video)
- The Wrap: Clint Eastwood on Bradley Cooper’s ‘American Sniper’ Character: ‘He Had Some Doubts’ Over Killings
Winners of the 2015 Producers Guild Awards were announced Saturday night. Winners included "Birdman," "Life Itself," "Breaking Bad" and "The LEGO Movie."http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Variety: ‘Birdman’ Wins Producers Guild Award for Best Movie
- Deadline: PGA Awards: ‘Birdman’ Wins Top Film Prize, ‘Breaking Bad’ Takes Drama Trophy & ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Nabs Comedy
- Deadline: ‘Birdman’ Soars As PGA Sets A New Course For WIDE OPEN Best Picture Oscar Race
- Hollywood Reporter: PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Upsets 'Boyhood,' Creating a Real Oscar Race (Analysis)
- The Wrap: ‘Birdman’ Wins Top Producers Guild Award
- FirstShowing.net: 'Birdman' Eyes Oscar After Winning 2015 Producers Guild Award
- Variety: Analysis: ‘Birdman’ Adds Plot Twist at PGA Awards
- Thompson on Hollywood: 2015 PGA Winners: 'Birdman' Steals 'Boyhood''s Awards Season Thunder
- Digital Spy: Birdman wins top prize at 2015 Producers Guild Awards
- The Playlist: 'Birdman' & 'Breaking Bad' Win Big At 2015 PGA Awards
- Deadline: 2015 PGA Awards Live Blog
- Hollywood Reporter: PGA Awards: Hollywood Reporter's Live Blog
- USA Today: 'Birdman' takes top prize for Producers Guild
The new action comedy "Mortdecai" stars Johnny Depp as the titular character, a financially distressed dealer of stolen art. Gwyneth Paltrow plays his wife Johanna, and Paul Bettany is Jock, his manservant and thug. They get involved in a globe trotting murder investigation after an art restorer is killed and a Goya painting she was working on is stolen. Mortdecai's antagonistic old chum, Inspector Martland, brings him in on the case, as his expertise in this particular area is much needed.
- Entertainment Weekly: Critical Mass: Reviews shave Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ with dull blade
- Long Island Newsday: 'Mortdecai' review: Unfunny, and Johnny Depp's the main reason
- Deadline: ‘Mortdecai’ Review: Pete Hammond Says Comedy Has Depp But Lacks Depth – Video
- Variety: Johnny Depp’s Star Power Fading as ‘Mortdecai’ Flames Out
- Variety: Box Office: ‘American Sniper’ Shoots for $62 Million, Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Flops
- The Wrap: Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Mortifies Critics: 8 Terrible Reviews That Will Make You Understand Why
- IGN Movies: Mortdecai Review
- The Wrap: Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Flopping for His 5th Straight Box-Office Bomb
- MTV Movies Blog: Johnny Depp Tells Us All About His Silly ‘Mortdecai’ Mustache
- The Wrap: Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Mustache Can’t Stop His Box-Office Skid
Paramount has announced Christopher Nolan's sci-fi epic INTERSTELLAR will be released on Digital HD on March 17, and will hit Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand two weeks later on March 31. Besides containing a bunch of special features, the INTERSTELLAR Blu-ray combo pack will also come with an authentic film cell from an original 70MM IMAX print of the movie, which is pretty damn cool, in my opinion.... Read More...
Paramount Pictures and MGM have unleashed a naughty 90-second red band trailer for Hot Tub Time Machine 2. This quick trip through various different eras is full of foul language and plenty of obscene laughs as the original time trippers get addicted to new drugs in the future, fame, and various fashion trends from the past. Grab your 1800s musket and hold on for your life!When Lou (Rob Corddry) finds himself in trouble, Nick (Craig Robinson) and Jacob (Clark Duke) fire up the hot tub time machine in an attempt to get back to the past.
- AintItCool: Superdrugs!! Boobies!! A Decidedly NSFW / Redband Trailer For HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2!!
- Shockya: Hot Tub Time Machine 2 Gets A New Red-Band Clip
- We Got This Covered: Red Band Clip For Hot Tub Time Machine 2 Conjures Up Nine Kinds Of Crazy
- Badass Digest: The Red-Band Trailer For HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2 Is Pretty Basic
- JoBlo: Take a trip through time with this new NSFW Hot Tub Time Machine 2 trailer
- Latino Review: Red Band Preview For 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2'
- The Playlist: Watch: Boobs And The Beatles In New NSFW Trailer For 'Hot Tube Time Machine 2'
Trailers and clips from “Fifty Shades of Grey” have been hitting the Internet for a while now, but Ellie Goulding serves up some new snippets from the highly-anticipated new film in her music video for “Love Me Like You Do,” from the film’s soundtrack. As Goulding makes her way through an opulent house, and a couple of ballroom dancers share some rather intimate moves, fans are treated to extensive clips from the film, including a dance scene between stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson. See photos: 15 Times the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer Made You Shift in Yo
- Moviefone: New 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Footage Pops Up in Ellie Goulding Soundtrack Cut (VIDEO)
- Hollywood Reporter: Ellie Goulding Reveals New 'Fifty Shades' Footage in Music Video
- Vulture: Catch New Fifty Shades Scenes in Ellie Goulding’s ‘Love Me Like You Do’ Music Video
- Fandango Movie Blog: News Briefs: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Gets Intimate (Photo); Simon Pegg Is Cowriting 'Star Trek 3'
- Hollywood Reporter: Sam Taylor-Johnson: "I'm Literally Going Out of My Mind" Making 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Digital Spy: Sam Taylor-Johnson on 50 Shades of Grey: 'It's like walking a knife edge'
In BLACK SEA, a tense and enjoyable old-school underwater thriller, Jude Law plays the leader of a makeshift salvage team who heads to the bottom of the titular body of water to snatch up millions of dollars of gold from a sunken Russian submarine. Utilizing a Scottish accent and a stern, intimidating demeanor, Law has given us one of his most compelling characters here. Truth be told, I like Law more now than I... Read More...
- Hollywood Reporter: Jude Law, 'Black Sea' Team Reveal Appeal of Making Original Thriller on Submarine
- Deadline: Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- USA Today: Trailer: 'Black Sea'
- Mania: Mania Review: Black Sea
PREDICTED WEEKEND BOX OFFICE:1$47.3 millionAmerican Sniper100%MovieWeb: 2 reviews74%Rotten Tomatoes: 39 reviews2$14.5 millionThe Boy Next Door100%MovieWeb: 0 reviews15%Rotten Tomatoes: 4 reviews3$12.4 millionPaddington100%MovieWeb: 1 reviews98%Rotten Tomatoes: 12 reviews4$11.8 millionThe Wedding Ringer50%MovieWeb: 0 reviews33%Rotten Tomatoes: 9 reviews5$9.7 millionMortdecai100%MovieWeb: 0 reviews13%Rotten Tomatoes: 19 r
- Hollywood Reporter: Kid Rock Says 'F— You' to Seth Rogen, Michael Moore Over 'American Sniper' Criticisms
- USA Today: ADC: 'American Sniper' prompts threats to Arabs, Muslims
- Deadline: ‘American Sniper’ Generates Debate, Draws Crowds In Iraq And Arab World
- Hollywood Reporter: 'American Sniper' Opens Across Middle East, Including Iraq
- The Wrap: Why ‘American Sniper’ Is a Coming Out Party for Patriotism (Guest Blog)
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: THE HUNGER GAMES Passes GOTG's Domestic Haul
- The Wrap: Seth Rogen Clears Up ‘American Sniper’ Outrage — Again — and Calls Out ‘Uncle’ Kid Rock
- The Wrap: Geraldo Rivera Blasts Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi Over ‘American Sniper’ Article (Video)
- USA Today: Bradley Cooper's message to real American snipers, vets
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Sniper' to Easily Fight Off Weak Competition This Weekend
Lionsgate Watching Mortdecai, I couldn’t help but spend most of my time contemplating what differentiates this from a Wes Anderson movie. After all, the former features Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Goldblum and, most importantly, a motorcycle with sidecar. It also centers on a valuable painting that multiple characters covet, just like Anderson’s latest, the Oscar-contending The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- USA Today: Depp's mustached 'Mortdecai' is a piece of low art
- We Got This Covered: Mortdecai Review
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Mortdecai': What the Critics Are Saying
- Vulture: It’s Great Johnny Depp Seems to Be Having So Much Fun in Mortdecai Because No One Else Will
- Hollywood Reporter: In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Boy Next Door,' 'Mortdecai' and More
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Forecast: Bombs Away for 'Mortdecai,' 'Strange Magic'
- The Playlist: Review: 'Mortdecai' Starring Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor, Olivia Munn, And Jeff Goldblum
- JoBlo: Review: Mortdecai
- HitFix: Is 'Mortdecai' Every Cast Member's Worst Movie?
North Korea said if “The Interview” is submitted to the Berlin International Film Festival it would be “instigating terror.” On Wednesday, Pyongyang’s foreign ministry said the comedic film depicting Seth Rogen and James Franco‘s attempt to assassinate Kim Jong-un is not in line with the purpose of the Berlinale festival. Also Read: Netflix Sets Streaming Date for Seth Rogen-James Franco Comedy ‘The Interview’ North Korea’s capital city also warned the movie’s release in Berlin would promote “freedom of terrorism and violence” rather