Paul Rudd News
Adam McKay was hired to rewrite the script for ANT-MAN right around the same time director Peyton Reed joined the project, and in an interview with Collider, McKay talked a little about the changes he made to Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish's original script for the Marvel movie. First, Adam McKay says star Paul Rudd contacted him after Edgar Wright exited ANT-MAN, and explains why he decided not to direct... Read More...
- Digital Spy: Paul Rudd and Adam McKay rewrote Marvel's Ant-Man movie
- Hollywood Reporter: Adam McKay Reveals the Changes He Made to 'Ant-Man' Script
- Total Film: Adam McKay talks Ant-Man rewrites
- The Playlist: Adam McKay Says His Rewrites On 'Ant-Man' Made It "Bigger," "More Aggressive," And "Funnier"
- FirstShowing.net: Adam McKay on 'More Aggressive' & 'Funny' Rewrites on 'Ant-Man'
- Hollywood Reporter: Adam McKay Takes On Gun Lobby "Lap Dogs" in Congress
When Edgar Wright left Marvel’s Ant-Man, the amount of speculation and discussion was crazy. Eventually, Peyton Reed was hired as the director after a rewrite by none other than Adam McKay. McKay, a big comic book fan, is best known for crazy comedies like Anchorman and Step Brothers, so him coming on to the film was a pretty big leap. How did that happen? Well, now we have a few more details. Once Wright left, the film’s star – Paul Rudd – called McKay and asked him to do a rewrite. He agreed and Rudd himself helped him with the writing.
- MovieWeb: Paul Rudd Helped Rewrite 'Ant-Man' with Adam McKay
- Screen Crush: How 'Ant-Man' Star Paul Rudd Helped Adam McKay Rewrite the Script
- We Got This Covered: Adam McKay And Paul Rudd Gave Ant-Man A “Giant” Rewrite
- Variety: Adam McKay Talks Adding Action Sequences to ‘Ant-Man’ With Paul Rudd
- Collider: Adam McKay Talks Rewriting ANT-MAN with Paul Rudd; Reveals They Added “a Giant Action Sequence”, Made the Film Bigger and “a Little More Aggressive”
- Dark Horizons: Paul Rudd Re-Wrote Part Of "Ant-Man"
- Comic Book Movie: Adam McKay On Rewriting ANT-MAN; Reveals How Much Of Edgar Wright's Work Remains
- AintItCool: This ANT-MAN doesn't just change size, he can also rewrite his own script!
- ScreenRant: ‘Ant-Man’: Final Script Is ‘Bigger, More Aggressive’ Than Edgar Wright’s
He's joined in 'a key role'Given that it has been shooting for weeks now, we didn’t expect Ant-Man to invite more new actors – especially those taking “pivotal roles” – to jump aboard. Yet that’s exactly what has happened, with Martin Donovan joining up.Ant-Man will tell the tale of Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), a criminal and former con man who is taken in by Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas). Pym has a brilliant invention that allows a man to shrink to the size of an ant while increasing his strength hugely.
- Coming Soon: Marvel's Ant-Man Adds Martin Donovan
- Empire Magazine: Ant-Man Adds Martin Donovan
- Digital Spy: Weeds actor Martin Donovan added to Marvel's Ant-Man
- MovieWeb: 'Ant-Man' Casts 'Homeland' Actor Martin Donovan in Pivotal Role
- Collider: Martin Donovan Joins ANT-MAN in Unnamed, “Pivotal” Role
- ScreenRant: ‘Ant-Man’ Casts Martin Donovan in ‘Pivotal’ Role
- Dark Horizons: Washington Nabs "He," Donovan In "Ant-Man"
- IGN Movies: Silent Hill 2 Actor Joins Marvel's Ant-Man