Paramount Pictures News
We're entering weekend two of "Interstellar," and there is already much material concerned with the film on TV and throughout the web, should you need to buttress your particular point of view.
Now that you’ve seen “Interstellar” in whatever format you preferred, maybe you’re curious about the science behind the sci-fi movie but feel more than a little intimidated to take on the new book by executive producer and theoretical physicist Kip Thorne, “The Science of Interstellar”?
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Learn Science of 'Interstellar' in Discovery Channel's Special
- Cinema Blend: This Bird Does A Mediocre Matthew McConaughey Impression
- Variety: Walk of Fame Honoree Matthew McConaughey Keeps Roots In Texas
- Variety: ‘Interstellar’ Time Travels to Strong First Day B.O. in China
- Deadline: ‘Interstellar’ Blasts Off Hot In China As ‘Penguins’ Rev Engines: Int’l Box Office
- IndieWire: Watch: Neil deGrasse Tyson Explaining the End of 'Interstellar' Might Make Your Brain Explode
- Comic Book Movie: Concept Art Of Spacesuits Used In Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR
- Twitch: Team Twitch: On INTERSTELLAR
The last time Christopher Nolan released a movie, film critics got death threats. That was back in 2012, when Nolan released ‘The Dark Knight Rises,’ and the first writers who dared to stray from the positive consensus about the film received waves of overwhelming backlash. After Marshall Fine published his pan, his site and his page on Rotten Tomatoes were both bombarded with angry comments politely requesting he “die in a fire” and hoping someone would beat him into a coma with a “thick rubber hose.” Continue reading…
“Selma” is vital correspondence, filmmaking lived on the streets where brutal facts were ignored then reported, and now snatched back from history to sustain a spirit few films can or will possess. It is stunning humanistic cinema on a mainstream scale, made by a group of unconventional artists. Premiered in an unfinished cut at AFI Fest, this rarely feels like any biopic you’ve seen. It has inventiveness, urgency, humor, and most of all emotion that draws effortless parallels rather than leaving its lesson up on the screen. Even the title cards offer something fresh.
Could TARS the robot from "Interstellar" actually exist? We asked the experts.
- Badass Digest: Badass Podcast #24: Raining Pain Upon INTERSTELLAR
- IndieWire: Watch: How IMAX Made 'Interstellar' An Eye-Popping Epic
- Cinema Blend: 7 Interstellar Characters Forced To Make Fascinating, Morally Complicated Decisions
- FirstShowing.net: 'Do Not Go Gentle' - Alex & Mike Discuss 'Interstellar' with Spoilers
- ScreenRant: ‘Interstellar’ Writer on Christopher Nolan Taking Over for Steven Spielberg
- The Playlist: Listen: 45-Minute Talk With Christopher Nolan, Plus The Big Twist From Steven Spielberg's 'Interstellar' Script And More
Focusing on one specific period in the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., “Selma” is one of the best American films of the year — and indeed perhaps the best — precisely because it does not simply show what Dr.
Interstellar had a successful launch overseas after a not very impressive domestic debut, easily taking the top spot ahead of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Interstellar offered a strong $82.9 million start from 62 markets over the weekend, with South Korea’s $14.4 million debut being the best so far. That’s more or less on par with […] Read International Box Office: Interstellar Blasts off with $82.9 Million on Filmonic.
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Turtles' Fights off All Challengers
- Variety: ‘Twilight Sasara Saya’ Tops Japan Box Office
- Deadline: Bart & Fleming: Tarantino; ‘Interstellar'; Hawking'; An Oscar Tale Of Two Sheds
- IGN Movies: Nolan Responds to Interstellar Science Gripes
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: 'Interstellar' Writer Jonathan Nolan is Bringing 'Foundation' to HBO
- FirstShowing.net: Neil deGrasse Tyson Follows Up with a Few 'Mysteries of Interstellar'
- SlashFilm: /Filmcast Ep. 294 – Interstellar (GUEST: Matt Singer from ScreenCrush)
- Comic Book Movie: TWP Podcast - INTERSTELLAR (Amazing Or Overrated?)
- Empire Magazine: Interstellar Spoiler Podcast - Christopher Nolan, Jessica Chastain
- Comic Book Movie: INTERSTELLAR Screenwriter On Transitioning From Steven Spielberg To Christopher Nolan
A little under 90 years ago, conversations were probably had by the editors of The Playlist Gazette & Cinematograph Pamphlet (then a thrupenny half-sheet available from your local grime-faced newsboy) about which of us was gonna travel all the way to the Big City to see that moving picture “The Jazz Singer” with synchronized sound, and which of us would stay in the sticks and watch the silent, cue-card version.
- Cinema Blend: Interstellar Is Great But It May Have A Serious Sound Problem
- We Got This Covered: The Tea & Crumpet Filmcast: Interstellar, Leviathan And The Skeleton Twins (Episode 10)
- Digital Spy: Interstellar tops UK box office ahead of Mr Turner, Ninja Turtles
- Hollywood Reporter: U.K. Box Office: 'Interstellar' Soars to Top
- IndieWire: Who Applauded for 'Interstellar' (And Who Didn't)
- Film School Rejects: What ‘Interstellar’ Gets Right About Fiction
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: Steven Spielberg's Version of 'Interstellar' Was Very Different
- Film School Rejects: ‘Interstellar’ and the Relativity of Cinematic Time
- Latino Review: Nolan Talks Batfleck, 'Interstellar' Plot Holes, and...Corn
WARNING – SPOILERS for All Christopher Nolan Movies! - It’s fair to say that Christopher Nolan has been one of the most influential directors of the new millennium.
- SlashFilm: Christopher Nolan Responds to Criticisms About ‘Interstellar’ Science
- MovieWeb: Christopher Nolan Responds to 'Interstellar' Science Criticisms
- Entertainment Weekly: Christopher Nolan talks Batman, James Bond, ‘Star Wars,’ and ‘Interstellar’ plot holes
- Vulture: Christopher Nolan’s Brother to Adapt Isaac Asimov’s Foundation for HBO
- Cinema Blend: The Dark Knight Plotline Christopher Nolan Thought Was Way Too Far Fetched
- Digital Spy: Christopher Nolan on James Bond: "They don't need me right now"
- Moviefone: Christopher Nolan Addresses 'Interstellar' Plot Holes
- JoBlo: Christopher Nolan says there is one genre he will probably never work in
- Collider: Christopher Nolan Discusses Ben Affleck’s Casting in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- Collider: Christopher Nolan Addresses the Internet’s Determination to Pinpoint Plot Holes in INTERSTELLAR
- MovieWeb: Will Christopher Nolan Direct a 'Star Wars' or 'James Bond' Movie?
- Collider: THE COLLISION: Episode 111 – The Films of Christopher Nolan and INTERSTELLAR
- The Playlist: This Infographic Will Help You Track The 'Interstellar' Timeline Plus Christopher Nolan Talks Bond & Guest Edits Wired
- JoBlo: Christopher Nolan on plot holes, casting Affleck as Batman & directing Bond
- The Playlist: How Parenthood Is At The Heart Of 'Interstellar' & Other Christopher Nolan Films
Related stories from TheWrap:Jessica Chastain on 'Interstellar' vs. 'A Most Violent Year' PR Battle: 'Don't Ask Me to Choose One Movie Over Another''Inherent Vice' Scores AFI Fest Centerpiece Gala
- Variety: ‘Inherent Vice’ at AFI Fest: ‘It’s a Good Saturday Night Movie’
- Chud: AFI Fest Q&A: ‘Mondo Hollywood’ With Paul Thomas Anderson & Robert Carl Cohen
- Deadline: Oscars: Paramount’s Contender ‘Selma’ To Debut In Its Entirety Tuesday At AFI Fest
- Hollywood Reporter: AFI Fest Indie Contenders Panel: Kristen Stewart, Marion Cotillard Say "Follow Gut"
- The Playlist: Ava DuVernay's 'Selma' To Make World Premiere At AFI Fest, But Is Not The Surprise Screening Title
- HitFix: Oprah convinces Ava DuVernay to screen all of ’Selma’ at AFI Fest
- The Playlist: AFI Fest: Paul Thomas Anderson Talks ‘Inherent Vice’ Influence ‘Mondo Hollywood’ With Director Robert Carl Cohen
- IndieWire: Meet the 2014 AFI Filmmakers #2: 'Buzzard' Director On Why It's Good to Steal From Your Inspirations
- IndieWire: Meet the 2014 AFI Filmmakers #3: 'Merchants of Doubt's' Robert Kenner Tells Aspiring Documentarians to 'Start With a Story'
- IndieWire: Meet the 2014 AFI Filmmakers #4: Shira Geffen Finds Unexpected Comedy With 'Self Made'
- IndieWire: Meet the 2014 AFI Filmmakers #5: '10,000 Km' Director On How to Shoot a Long Distance Romance Via Video Chat