Paramount Pictures News
Over the summer, we learned that 12 Years a Slave star Lupita Nyong'o would reateam with Brad Pitt's Plan B production banner for an adaptation of the 2013 National Book Critics Circle Award winning book Americanah, written by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. The Oscar-winning actress will star in and produce the film along with 2 Productions and Potboiler Productions, and now she's just gained a co-star who has had a hell of a year on the big screen in 2014.
- Vulture: Selma’s David Oyelowo Is Joining Lupita Nyong’o in Americanah to Win All the Oscars
- Digital Spy: Selma's David Oyelowo joins Lupita Nyong'o in Americanah
- MovieWeb: David Oyelowo Joins Lupita Nyong'o in 'Americanah'
- HitFix: David Oyelowo joins Lupita Nyong’o in Brad Pitt-produced 'Americanah'
- Thompson on Hollywood: David Oyelowo on How Late-Breaking 'Selma' Found Its Time
- Deadline: David Oyelowo and Ava Duvernay On ‘Selma,’ Dr. King And Capturing A Life
The cast of "Selma" notes the similarities between today's protests and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s marches 50 years ago.
- Hollywood Reporter: Palm Springs Film Fest: Oscar Hopeful 'Selma' to Open Academy-Favorite Gathering
- Variety: ‘Selma’ to Open Palm Springs Film Festival
- Hollywood Reporter: SXSW Adds 'Selma' Helmer Ava DuVernay, RZA as Keynote Speakers
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Selma' Will Open Palm Springs Film Festival
- The Wrap: ‘Selma’ and ‘Boychoir’ to Bookend Palm Springs Film Festival
This week: Michael Bay does Turtles, Woody Allen's misguided Moonlight, and a sensational second season of The Americans. âº Existing purely for nostalgia, the new TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES is exactly what you think a Michael Bay-produced TMNT movie would be: Cold, over-the-top, sterile to the point even kids might get bored. A CGI pillowcase... Read More...
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: New on DVD & Blu-Ray: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Maze Runner, The Skeleton Twins, and More
- Collider: New to Blu-ray: THE MAZE RUNNER, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, THE SKELETON TWINS, and More
- Comic Book Movie: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Blu-Ray Featurette Clip Tackles Motion Capture Process
- Comic Book Movie: GIVEAWAY: HUGE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE Toy Prize Package Up For Grabs!
Welcome to the Screen Rant Box Office Prediction. Every week we put together an informal list of box office picks for the upcoming weekend – to offer readers a rough estimate of how new releases (and returning holdovers) will perform in theaters. For a recap of last week’s box office totals, read our box office wrap-up from Exodus: Gods and Kings‘ opening weekend – and scroll to the bottom of this post to see how our previous picks measured up. Full disclosure: Box office predictions are not an exact science. We acknowledge that our picks may not always be correct.
- Hollywood Reporter: U.K. Box Office: Final 'Hobbit' Film Beats 'Paddington'
- Digital Spy: Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies knocks Paddington from UK box office No.1
- Deadline: Sting Puffs Up ‘Last Ship’s Sails To Boost Broadway Box Office
- Variety: Broadway Box Office: Sting Boosts ‘The Last Ship’ to New High-Water Mark
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Interstellar' Rockets Past $100 Million Worldwide in Imax Theaters
- Variety: ‘Interstellar’ Tops $100 Million in Imax Box Office
- Variety: China Box Office: ‘Fleet’ Sails on as Top Film
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Fleet of Time' Stays on Top as Local Movies Dominate
- Variety: Spanish Films Hit Modern Box Office Highs
- Digital Spy: Night at the Museum Secret of the Tomb review: Franchise loses sparkle
- Filmonic: Box Office: Exodus Opens to Soft $24.1 Million
- Badass Digest: Create Your Own Middle-earth Feast For THE HOBBIT
- Moviefone: Richard Armitage Says Farewell to 'The Hobbit' (EXCLUSIVE)
- USA Today: 'Hobbit' series saves best for last
- IGN Movies: Hobbit Finale Enjoys Strong International Debut
- Fandango Movie Blog: Infographic: 'The Hobbit' Character Guide
- Comic Book Movie: New "Leaving Middle-Earth" IMAX Featurette For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES
- Collider: Mondo Unveils New Posters for THE HOBBIT, Plus Aaron Horkey’s THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
- MovieWeb: 'Hobbit 3' IMAX Featurette Says Goodbye to Middle Earth
- Comic Book Movie: LTTOBTS reviews THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES
Paramount is searching for a top choice to direct the next Star Trek movie, with the intention of getting the film in theaters in time for the sci-fi property’s 50th anniversary in 2016.
- We Got This Covered: Rupert Wyatt, Justin Lin And More In Talks To Helm Star Trek 3
- The Playlist: Rupert Wyatt Frontrunner To Direct 'Star Trek 3,' Duncan Jones, Morten Tyldum, Others On List Too
- Deadline: ‘Star Trek 3′ Director Search Narrows To Five Including Rupert Wyatt
- AintItCool: The List Of Potential Directors Of The Next STAR TREK Movie Includes…
- Dark Horizons: "Star Trek 3" Director Shortlist Down To Four
- SlashFilm: 15 Directors Who Should Be Considered To Direct ‘Star Trek 3′
- Screen Crush: Paramount Narrows Down 'Star Trek 3' Director Shortlist
- Collider: STAR TREK 3 Director Shortlist Down to Five; APES Director Rupert Wyatt Considered the Frontrunner
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: A ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Christmas, Christopher Nolan’s ‘Star Wars 7′ & More
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Wars 7′: Mark Hamill Says He Was Hesitant to Return, Confirms BB-8 Isn’t CGI
- ScreenRant: Disney CEO Talks ‘Pacing Themselves’ with ‘Indiana Jones 5′
- JoBlo: Disney would love to do another Indiana Jones movie after Star Wars
- JoBlo: Paramount and J.J. Abrams have 5 directors in mind for the next Star Trek
- MovieWeb: 'Star Trek 3' Eyes 'Planet of the Apes' Director
It’s that time of the year once again and below we have the full list of nominees for the 72nd Golden Globe Awards, lead by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s Birdman with 7. Birdman gathered the most nominations this year, Best Motion Picture Comedy or Musical, Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical (Michael Keaton), Best Actress […] Read The Golden Globe Awards Nominees on Filmonic.
- Horror Society: Golden Globe Nominees Announced and…
- Collider: Oscar Beat: 5 Things the Golden Globe Announcements, SAG Nominations, and Critics Awards Tell Us About the Season Ahead
- MTV Movies Blog: Catch Up! Here’s Where You Can Watch All The Golden Globe TV Nominees
- Variety: ‘Jane the Virgin': Golden Globe Afterglow Gives Boost to Show, CW
- Vulture: Oscar Futures: Who’s Ahead After the SAG and Golden Globe Nominations?
- The Wrap: ‘Selma’ Team Reacts to Historic Golden Globe Nomination: ‘This Movie Has Something to Say’
- HitFix: 2015 Golden Globe Nominations: Best and Worst begins with 'Fargo' vs. 'True Detective'
- HitFix: Ava DuVernay is 'stunned' over her Golden Globe directing nod for 'Selma'
- HitFix: Meryl Streep's 10 Possible Reactions to her 29th Golden Globe Nomination
Resistance is futile! Playboy has created a massive list that ranks all 695 (by their count) episodes of the various Star Trek television series. Spanning 30 seasons, the compilation includes all episodes from The Original Series through Enterprise.
- Hollywood Reporter: Commander Riker Wants To Direct 'Star Trek 3'
- Cinema Blend: This Beloved Star Trek Veteran Is Lobbying Hard To Direct Star Trek 3
- JoBlo: Lucasfilm has revealed some Star Wars Episode VII character names
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Trek’ Alum Jonathan Frakes Is Trying to Direct ‘Star Trek 3′
- JoBlo: Dreamworks pushes Kung Fu Panda 3 to 2016 to avoid Star Wars Episode VII
- MovieWeb: 'Next Generation' Star Wants to Direct 'Star Trek 3'
- IGN Movies: Number One Wants to Direct Star Trek 3
File this one under "Long Shot," but there's currently a groundswell movement to get Jonathan Frakes into the director's chair for Star Trek 3. Frakes is mostly known for his role on the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation, where he played Commander William Riker.How far has this little movement gone? Well, Frakes revealed to Komo News Radio that he has contacted J.J. Abrams himself, while his agent has gone to Paramount to try and make a deal. Oh, and there's also a hashtag (of course): #BringInRiker"I'm all over it.
- Dark Horizons: Frakes Wants To Helm "Star Trek 3"
- Digital Spy: Jonathan Frakes wants to direct Star Trek 3: 'It's a long shot'
- IGN Movies: The Latest on Star Trek 3
- Comic Book Movie: Jonathan Frakes Reached Out To J.J. Abrams About Directing STAR TREK 3
- Empire Magazine: Jonathan Frakes After Star Trek 3
- Empire Magazine: Jonathan Frakes Wants To Direct Star Trek 3
- JoBlo: Jonathan Frakes has contacted J.J. Abrams about directing Star Trek 3
- FirstShowing.net: 'First Contact' Director Jonathan Frakes Wants a Shot at 'Star Trek 3'
Last week it was rumored Roberto Orci won't be helming STAR TREK 3, and in a post on TrekMovie.com's message board (which he's done in the past), Orci confirmed he will not be directing the film, saying he "will be very involved" and he and Paramount are looking for “the right director." It was also rumored the reason why Roberto Orci... Read More...
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Trek 3′: Roberto Orci Talks Script Rumors, Says He’s Still ‘Very Involved’
- Cinema Blend: How Roberto Orci Feels About Star Trek 3, Now That He's No Longer Directing It
- MovieWeb: Roberto Orci Comments on Exit as 'Star Trek 3' Director
- Screen Crush: Former 'Star Trek 3' Director Roberto Orci Breaks Silence on His Departure, Really Enjoys Emoticons
- Dark Horizons: Orci Responds To "Star Trek 3" Rumors
The African-American Film Critics Association have weighed in with their votes for the top films and performances of the year. See all their choices now.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention