Paramount Pictures News
The Indie Spirit Award nominations have officially arrived on the scene, signaling a busy few months full of various groups from around the country (and the world) announcing their own picks for the best of the year in movies. The Indie Spirit Awards honor films that were American productions (except where noted) and made for less than $20 million, so while this list definitely represents some of the best movies of the year, there are others -- like The Imitation Game, Wild, The Theory of...Read MoreRead Comments
- Hollywood Reporter: Independent Spirit Awards: Good News for 'Birdman,' 'Boyhood' and 'Selma'
- We Got This Covered: Birdman Soars At The 2015 Spirit Awards
- SlashFilm: ‘Selma,’ ‘Boyhood’ and Birdman’ Among 2015 Film Independent Spirit Awards Nominees
- HitFix: 2014 Spirit Awards Nominations Winners and Losers
- HitFix: 2015 Spirit Awards Nominees: Winners and Losers
In a new interview with “Interstellar” director Christopher Nolan and his scientific consultant and co-producer on the film, Kip Thorne, the artistic visionary and the decorated theoretical physicist sit down to discuss their partnership and how they worked through challenges like being unable to justify characters moving faster than the speed of light. (Apparently Nolan was attached to the idea.) Thorne is the author of “Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein’s Outrageous Legacy,” and a leading expert on the theory of relativity.
- Deadline: Physicist Kip Thorne talks black holes and warped space on ‘Interstellar’
- Variety: ‘Interstellar’ Box Office Gets Big Boost from Imax Sales
- Variety: China Box Office: ‘Interstellar’ Continues to Outperform
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Interstellar' Nears $100 Million; 'Fury' Opens in Fourth Place
Rubber-faced comedian Jim Carrey has had a pretty great career so far and while he might have stumbled more then a few times along the way, I still can’t say no to a movie starring him (one exception). With Dumb and Dumber To now in theaters, let’s have a look at his top 10 most […] Read Box Office: Top 10 Most Successful Jim Carrey Movies on Filmonic.
- We Got This Covered: Box Office Report: Mockingjay Flies, Not Soars, To 2014’s Biggest Opening
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Box Office Guru Wrapup: Mockingjay Rules, But With Less Fans
- Mania: Mania Box Office Report: Katniss, of Course!
- Hollywood Reporter: Global Box Office: 'Interstellar' Crossing $450M; 'Mockingjay' Mammoth Overseas
- Hollywood Reporter: Specialty Box Office: 'Theory of Everything' Quickly Lands in Top 10
- Hollywood Reporter: South Korean Box Office: 'Interstellar' Remains on Top for Third Week
- Variety: Japan Box Office: ‘Interstellar’ Opens on Top
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Gone With the Bullets' Advance Ticket Sales Top 'Transformers 4'
- MovieWeb: 'Mockingjay' Earns Biggest Box Office Opening of 2014 with $55M
- JoBlo: Weekend Box Office Report: November 21-23, 2014
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ Rockets to $450 Million at Worldwide Box Office
- ScreenRant: Weekend Box Office Wrap Up: November 23rd, 2014
Whether you love him or hate him, filmmaker Christopher Nolan has continued to find new ways to challenge his audience, and paradigms of filmmaking as a whole, throughout his remarkable career. His breakout hit Memento shattered audiences' expectations of a traditional narrative story, while The Dark Knight trilogy redefined the superhero genre in ways nobody even knew they wanted, until they saw it with their very eyes.
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Take a Closer Look at the Science & Sound of 'Interstellar'
- Dark Horizons: Nolan Talks That "Interstellar" Big Surprise
- MovieWeb: Christopher Nolan Talks 'Interstellar' Spoilers and Ending
- FirstShowing.net: Another Outstanding Fan-Made 'Interstellar' Timeline Infographic
HitFix talks to "Interstellar" editor Lee Smith about his on-going collaboration with Christopher Nolan and how their latest provided some of their biggest challenges to date.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
HitFix talks to "Interstellar" cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema about grounding Nolan's film, working with practical elements, shooting on film for Sam Mendes' next James Bond feature and the ongoing film vs. digital debate.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Cinema Blend: Watch Bill Nye Outline His Problems With Interstellar Science
- Hollywood Reporter: Scalpers Appear as 'Interstellar' Becomes Phenomenon in South Korea
- IndieWire: Springboard: 'Interstellar' Teen Breakout Mackenzie Foy Wants to Direct
- Thompson on Hollywood: How the 'Interstellar' Crafts Team Experiments with Sight and Sound
- Collider: Not Dead Yet: BOND 24 and TWIN PEAKS Season 3 Will Be Shot on Film
Co-starring with Ben StillerWe’ve been hearing tantalising things about the chances of Zoolander 2 actually coming to life, and a big step has just occurred. Penelope Cruz is now signing on to co-star with Ben Stiller in the comedy sequel. Hey, if Dumb & Dumber can come back and score a hit, why not this?The Zoolander sequel has been in the works for years, with various script drafts passing through.
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: Penelope Cruz signs on for ‘Zoolander 2′
- Digital Spy: Penelope Cruz lined up to star in Zoolander 2
- Dark Horizons: Penelope Cruz Joins "Zoolander 2" Cast
- Collider: Penelope Cruz Joins ZOOLANDER 2 as Comedy Sequel Finally Gains Momentum
- Screen Crush: Penelope Cruz Will Join Ben Stiller in 'Zoolander 2'
- SlashFilm: ‘Zoolander 2′ Casts Penelope Cruz
- IGN Movies: Penelope Cruz Joins Zoolander 2
- MovieWeb: 'Zoolander 2' Finally Happening; Penelope Cruz Joins the Cast
- Latino Review: Penelope Cruz Joins 'Zoolander' Sequel
- Vulture: Penélope Cruz Joins Ben Stiller in Zoolander 2
- ScreenRant: ‘Zoolander 2′ Moving Forward; Penélope Cruz Joining the Cast
- FirstShowing.net: 'Zoolander 2' Ready to Turn Left Again with Justin Theroux Directing
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Zoolander 2' Is Happening and Here's What You Need to Know
Interstellar dominated overseas with one of the best weekends we’ve had in months, bringing in $107.9 million from 63 markets currently showing it. We could call this the silence before the storm (read The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1) as far as competitors go, either way Interstellar is doing a fantastic job taking advantage of […] Read International Box Office: Interstellar Dominates with $107.9 Million on Filmonic.
The world waits with bated breath for the release of G.I. Joe 3. Okay, so that’s probably not true at all – considering that neither G.I. Joe 1 or 2 really scored big points with either hardcore fans or casual moviegoers. However, back during the summer, when Transformers: Age of Extinction hit theaters, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura assured us, personally, that the plan for G.I.
- Screen Crush: 'G.I. Joe 3′ Reportedly Eyeing Martin Campbell to Direct
- We Got This Covered: Is Martin Campbell In Line To Direct G.I. Joe 3?
- MovieWeb: 'G.I. Joe 3' Aims for 'Green Lantern' Director Martin Campbell
- Dark Horizons: "G.I. Joe 3," "Goblins" Score New Helmers
- Comic Book Movie: Paramount Wants GREEN LANTERN Director To Helm G.I. JOE 3?
- IGN Movies: Green Lantern Director Rumored for G.I. Joe 3
- SlashFilm: Page 2: Star Wars, Alien, BTTF, Hobbit, Orphan Black, Interstellar, Roger Rabbit, GI Joe, Simpsons
Warning: Interstellar SPOILERS follow.... Interstellar director and scribe Christopher Nolan has written a prequel comic for the film, titled Absolute Zero, that further explores the story of Dr. Mann and the Lazarus missions. During the film, it's revealed that Dr. Mann -- played by Matt Damon -- had survived his expedition to locate a new home for mankind.