Oscar Isaac News
Awards, awards, and more awards! And then, for dessert, additional awards! Yep, it’s December all right, and that means every group of movie lovers under the sun is giving out their prizes for the best films of the year. The National Board of Review, the country’s leading body dedicated to reviewing boards from our nation, just announced their favorites, including their pick for the top movie of 2014: J.C. Chandor’s ‘A Most Violent Year,’ starring Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain. Continue reading…
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: National Board of Review Names A Most Violent Year Best Film
- The Playlist: National Board Of Review Names 'A Most Violent Year' Best Film Of 2014 Plus Full List Of Awards
- Collider: National Board of Review Names A MOST VIOLENT YEAR Best Film of the Year; also Wins Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress
- JoBlo: National Board of Review names A Most Violent Year as Best Picture
- Hollywood Reporter: Who Got a Boost from the National Board of Review Nominations?
- Variety: National Film Board of Canada Appoints Claude Joli-Coeur as New Chair
A24 Films has issued a new A Most Violent Year featurette and poster in support of writer/director J.C. Chandor’s (All Is Lost) upcoming crime drama. The featurette is a nice look at not only the making of the piece, but the American economic situation that inspired it.
J.C. Chandor's "Most Violent Year" premiered as the opening night gala of AFI Fest Thursday night and announced the arrival of a new Oscar contender. Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain have solid arguments for inclusion in this year's race.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Variety: Jessica Chastain, Oscar Isaac Kick Off AFI Fest With ‘A Most Violent Year’
- IndieWire: Indiewire Podcast: Does 'A Most Violent Year' Face a Tough Road Ahead?
- Thompson on Hollywood: Screen Talk: Nolan vs. 'A Most Violent Year,' Chastain's Oscar Chances and More
- Hollywood Reporter: 'A Most Violent Year' World Premiere Kicks Off AFI Fest
After his debut film "Margin Call" in 2011 and its very different follow-up "All is Lost" in 2013, writer-director J.C. Chandor's "A Most Violent Year" is a truly impressive film, one that takes all the concerns of his prior films — money, control, fate — and puts them on a canvas as big and bleak as New York in 1981. The resemblance to Sidney Lumet's work in the '80s is not accidental.
- The Wrap: ‘A Most Violent Year’ Review: Jessica Chastain, Oscar Isaac Chase the American Dream, by Hook or by Crook
- The Wrap: AFI Fest Opener ‘A Most Violent Year’ Gives Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain a ‘Gangster Movie Road Map’
- HitFix: Review: Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac anchor peculiar and powerful 'A Most Violent Year'
- Digital Spy: Jessica Chastain 'can't promote Violent Year because of Interstellar'
- IndieWire: Review: J.C. Chandor's 'A Most Violent Year' is 'Death of a Salesman' With Crime
- The Wrap: Jessica Chastain on ‘Interstellar’ vs. ‘A Most Violent Year’ PR Battle: ‘Don't Ask Me to Choose One Movie Over Another’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'A Most Violent Year': AFI Fest Review
- Variety: Film Review: ‘A Most Violent Year’
- USA Today: AFI Fest kicks off with a 'Most Violent' Chastain
- The Playlist: Watch: 14-Minute 'Interstellar' Talk With Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain
- Film School Rejects: ‘A Most Violent Year’ Review: A Powerful Morality Tale
- MTV Movies Blog: Don’t Even Try To Get Jessica Chastain To Spoil ‘Interstellar’ For You — She Won’t
Among our 10 Films We Haven’t Yet Seen That May Be Serious Oscar Contenders, J.C. Chandor's promising "A Most Violent Year" is certainly one that will likely give some of the current frontrunners (“The Theory of Everything,” “The Imitation Game,” “Foxcatcher,” “Birdman”) stiff competition. Now, the Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac starring film has a debut set. AFI Fest has announced that "A Most Violent Year" will have its world premiere as part of the Opening Night Gala on November 6th.
- Deadline: Jessica Chastain & Oscar Isaac Will Open AFI Fest With Oscar Hopeful ‘A Most Violent Year’
- The Wrap: Jessica Chastain, Oscar Isaac Film ‘A Most Violent Year’ to Open AFI Fest
- Variety: AFI Fest Sets Jessica Chastain-Oscar Isaac’s ‘A Most Violent Year’ as Opening Night Film
- IndieWire: J.C. Chandor's 'A Most Violent Year' Slated to Open AFI Fest
- Thompson on Hollywood: J.C. Chandor's 'A Most Violent Year' Will Open AFI Fest
- Collider: J.C. Chandor’s A MOST VIOLENT YEAR to Open AFI Fest 2014
- Hollywood Reporter: 'A Most Violent Year' to Open AFI Fest
- Dark Horizons: Oscar Isaac On His "Star Wars" Experience
- ScreenRant: Oscar Isaac Promises ‘Star Wars: Episode 7′ Will Be ‘Fiery’
- MovieWeb: Oscar Isaac Talks 'Star Wars 7' Stormtroopers and Original Cast
- The Playlist: Review: Uninspired, Watchable 'The Two Faces Of January' With Kirsten Dunst, Viggo Mortensen And Oscar Isaac
Since his great turn in Inside Llewyn Davis, Oscar Isaac has seen his Hollywood profile raised considerably. He's received critical acclaim for his work in the likes of the Two Faces of January and the upcoming A Most Violent Year, but the role everyone is most excited about is whoever the heck he'll be playing in J.J. Abrams' currently shooting Star Wars flick.
- Entertainment Weekly: Oscar Isaac talks Patricia Highsmith thriller and ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
- ScreenRant: ‘Star Wars: Episode 7′: More Set Photos; Ice Planet Confirmed?
- SlashFilm: Page 2: LotR, BTTF, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Walking Dead, Blacklist, Frozen, Star Trek, Boxtrolls
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: Yin-Yang ‘Star Wars,’ Danny Elfman Reads ‘Nightmare Before Christmas,’ & More!
Don’t want to wait for the Comic-Con exclusive preview of Star Wars: Rebels? You’re in luck. Lucasfilm and Disney have released an extended trailer for the upcoming animated series. The series takes place between the events of Episode III and IV, and features the voices of Freddie Prinze Jr., Billy Dee Williams, Jason Isaacs, Steve Blum, David Oyelowo, Taylor Gray, Tiya Sircar and Vanessa Marshall. Click here to view the embedded video. Extended Trailer For Star Wars: Rebels
- Dark Horizons: Extended Trailer: "Star Wars: Rebels" Series
- IGN Movies: Extended New Star Wars Rebels Trailer
- JoBlo: This extended trailer for Star Wars: Rebels gives us our best look yet
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Trailer 2: An Extended Look at a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- AintItCool: A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!!
- Comic Book Movie: New STAR WARS REBELS Full-Length Trailer & Poster
- Empire Magazine: Latest Star Wars Rebels Trailer Lands
- Moviefone: JJ Abrams's X-Wing Reveal Gives Us Great Hope for 'Star Wars: Episode VII' (VIDEO)
- Moviefone: John Boyega's Character and a Major 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Plot Point Leaked?
- Digital Spy: JJ Abrams reveals X-wing on set of Star Wars Episode 7
- Film School Rejects: New ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Plot Rumors Highlight a Familiar Fetish for the Franchise
- Filmonic: The New X-Wing in Another J.J. Abrams Star Wars: Force For Change Video
- SlashFilm: Page 2: Pulp Fiction, Star Wars, Wes Anderson, The Thing, Apes, Jurassic Park, Transformers, Godzilla, JJ Abrams
- Movies With Butter: J.J. Abrams Reveals 'Star Wars: Episode VII' X-Wing