New Line Cinema News
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson continues to work hard and expand his portfolio to encompass all manner of movies and TV shows – having most recently added the animated Disney musical Moana to his resume.
- We Got This Covered: Brad Peyton Says Rampage Will Be “Emotional, Scary And Real”
- Coming Soon: Rampage Movie Director Confirms Monsters, Scary Tone
- Latino Review: RAMPAGE: Peyton Explains How His Scary, Surprising Movie Will Top Other Game Adaptations
- SlashFilm: ‘Rampage’ Director Brad Peyton Explains How You Adapt a Video Game With No Plot
- Dark Horizons: More Details On The “Rampage” Film
- Comic Book Movie: Brad Peyton's RAMPAGE Movie Starring Dwayne Johnson Sounds Insane In The Best Way Possible
The television adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra’s Y: The Last Man finally has a showrunner! According to The Hollywood Reporter, Michael Green has been hired to co-write the script with Vaughan and run the FX show.
- SlashFilm: FX’s ‘Y: The Last Man’ Gets ‘American Gods’ Writer
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: FX’s Y: The Last Man series has a showrunner now
- Badass Digest: Y: THE LAST MAN Is Still Happening, Gets A Showrunner
Until last month, news surrounding Disney’s upcoming live-action retelling of the classic The Nutcracker ballet, fully titled The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, was rather slim beyond its initial announcement during this year’s D23 Expo in Anaheim.
Earlier this week, we learned that Disney had officially cast Interstellar actress Mackenzie Foy as Clara in their upcoming live-action adaptation of The Nutcracker. You can now add another name to that cast: according to The Hollywood Reporter, Morgan Freeman is in talks to join the movie as the mysterious and whimsical Drosselmeyer. Fingers crossed that this means we will get a Morgan Freeman dance number in the new movie. Continue reading…
Disney is hoping to capitalize on the long-enduring popularity of E.T.A. Hoffman’s children’s story, The Nutcracker and the Mouse King. Generations have been enthralled by countless versions of the ballet adaptation, scored famously by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, as well as Disney’s own animated take on that composer’s work.
- Vulture: Morgan Freeman Is Just the Right God(father) for Disney’s Live-Action Nutcracker
- Variety: Morgan Freeman in Talks to Join Misty Copeland in Disney’s ‘Nutcracker’
- Moviefone: Morgan Freeman Joins Disney's Live-Action 'The Nutcracker': Report
- Hollywood Reporter: Morgan Freeman Joining Disney's 'The Nutcracker' (Exclusive)
- Cinema Blend: Disney’s Nutcracker Movie Finds Its Lead Actress, Adds A Legend
- Dark Horizons: Freeman In Talks For Disney's "Nutcracker"
If her speech at the Democratic National Convention Thursday night is any indication, Chelsea Clintonâs time growing up in the White House allowed for plenty of pop culture exposure. The author, philanthropist, and former First Daughter referenced Madeleine LâEngleâs classic fantasy novel A...
- Deadline: Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- Hollywood Reporter: Dinesh D'Souza Releases Video Likening Hillary Clinton to Eva Peron Ahead of DNC Acceptance Speech
- Variety: Hillary Clinton Says Trump Offers ‘Bigotry and Bombast,’ Not Real Change, in Historic DNC Speech
- Deadline: Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Deadline: Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Vulture: Shonda Rhimes Debuts Morgan Freeman–Narrated Short Film About Hillary Clinton at DNC
- Variety: Hillary Clinton’s DNC Speech: 5 Surprising Moments
- Variety: Hillary Clinton’s DNC Finale: What Worked About Her Plain-Spoken Approach
- IndieWire: Bill Maher Snarks On Hillary Clinton’s DNC Nomination: ‘First We Had Lady Ghostbusters and Now This’ — Watch
- Deadline: DNC Final Day Ratings See Hillary Clinton Down From Obama In 2012; Steady With Trump & RNC
- Variety: With a Parade of Stars at DNC, Democrats Shed Worry Of Going ‘Too Hollywood’
- Hollywood Reporter: Conservative 'American Sniper' Fans Attack Bradley Cooper for Attending DNC
- Deadline: ‘Scandal’ POTUS Tony Goldwyn Gives American History Lesson In DNC Video
- Vulture: Katy Perry Performs ‘Rise’ at DNC
- Deadline: Richard Kind, The Last Martin O’Malley Supporter, Attends DNC For Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’
- AintItCool: Go-Go’s & Tatiana Maslany On CHELSEA!! Bernie Sanders, Barney Frank & Alex Wagner On MAHER!! Friday
- Vulture: American Sniper Fans Are Upset Bradley Cooper Attended the DNC
James Wan, creator and director of the hugely successful Saw franchise, released Malignant Man – a four-issue comic book series – in 2011. The science-fiction thriller revolves around Alan Gates, a cancer patient with a terminal diagnosis, who helplessly resigns to his fate – until he discovers that his tumorous growth is not in fact cancer, but rather a mysterious alien parasite responsible for supplying him supernatural powers.
- SlashFilm: ‘Malignant Man’ Movie Coming From James Wan and ‘San Andreas’ Director Brad Peyton
- Comic Book Movie: SAN ANDREAS Director Brad Peyton Set To Helm James Wan-Produced MALIGNANT MAN
- Dread Central: James Wan Unleashing the Malignant Man
- We Got This Covered: Brad Peyton Will Direct James Wan’s Malignant Man
- JoBlo: Brad Peyton and James Wan are bringing Malignant Man to Fox
- Cinema Blend: The Other Superhero Movie James Wan Is Working On
- Dark Horizons: Brad Peyton Helms "Malignant Man"
- SlashFilm: ‘The Conjuring 2’ Spoiler Review: James Wan Gets Scary and Sentimental With One of the Best Horror Sequels Ever Made
- ScreenRant: Aquaman Director James Wan On the Superhero Genre’s Popularity
- Latino Review: Brad Peyton Set To Helm 'MALIGNANT MAN'
- Bleeding Cool: Malignant Man To Become Feature With Brad Peyton Directing
A sequel to 2015’s “San Andreas” is in the works at New Line, TheWrap has learned. Neil Widener and Gavin James will write the script for the film. “San Andreas” followed rescue-chopper pilot Raymond Gaines (Dwayne Johnson) as he tried to save his family from the mass destruction of a gigantic earthquake that hit California. The disaster movie grossed over $473 million worldwide last year. Johnson is set to return for the sequel, as is producer Beau Flynn and director Brad Peyton.
George Gaynes, the beloved character actor best known for his work in the “Police Academy” films and on “Punky Brewster,” died at his daughter’s home in North Bend, Washington.
- Screen Crush: 'Police Academy' and 'Punky Brewster' Actor George Gaynes Dies at 98
- Variety: George Gaynes, ‘Punky Brewster’ and ‘Police Academy’ Star, Dies at 98
- Deadline: George Gaynes Dies; ‘Police Academy’ & ‘Punky Brewster’ Regular Was 98
- Hollywood Reporter: George Gaynes, Star of 'Police Academy' and 'Punky Brewster,' Dies at 98
- Vulture: George Gaynes, Singer and Punky Brewster Actor, Dead at 98
- Horror Society: R.I.P. George Gaynes
- Cinema Blend: George Gaynes, Dead At 98
- Hollywood Reporter: Robert Beecher, Character Actor and L.A. Theater Builder, Dies at 91
Perhaps secure in the knowledge that, eventually, they might actually run out of comic book characters, Hollywood is in a big hurry to turn video games into movies. But while big-budget features based on (comparatively) recent game creations like Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, Halo, or Uncharted are all in some form of development across various studios, few have seemed eager to reach into the more varied backlog of classic properties from the medium’s arcade Golden Age.
- Latino Review: New Writers Set for RAMPAGE Starring Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
- We Got This Covered: Carlton Cuse And Ryan Condal Drafted In To Rewrite Dwayne Johnson’s Rampage Movie
- MovieWeb: 'Rampage' Reunites Dwayne Johnson with 'San Andreas' Team
- Dark Horizons: Cuse, Condal To Re-Write "Rampage"
- JoBlo: New Line goes to Colony to find scribes to rewrite Rampage for The Rock