Liam Neeson News
Liam Neeson is a man on a different kind of mission in the first trailer for “Taken 3,” released Tuesday. The action-heavy franchise has revolved its plots around freeing hostages from the grips of international criminals, but the latest installment focuses on Bryan's (Neeson) attempt to clear his name of a crime he did not commit — the murder of his baby momma Lenore (Famke Janssen). See video: ‘Non-Stop’ Action Star Liam Neeson Threatens ‘the Sh-t’ Out of Fan on ‘Kimmel’ The LAPD descends on him almost as soon as he stumbles across he
- Moviefone: 'Taken 3' Trailer: Liam Neeson Is Ready to Face the Consequences
- Digital Spy: Taken 3 trailer premieres, Liam Neeson thriller now titled Tak3n
- Deadline: ‘Taken 3′ Trailer: Liam Neeson Loads, Shoots, Repeats In Threequel
- JoBlo: Liam Neeson aims to end it all in the trailer for Tak3n
- Screen Crush: 'Taken 3′ Trailer: Liam Neeson is Back Again to Kill Everyone. Again.
- SlashFilm: ‘Tak3n’ Trailer: Liam Neeson Is Now a Fugitiv3
- ScreenRant: ‘Taken 3′ Trailer: Liam Neeson is The Fugitive
- The Playlist: Watch: Liam Neeson Is On The Run In First Trailer For ‘Taken 3’
- HitFix: Liam Neeson is out for revenge and on the run in first trailer for 'Taken 3'
- MovieWeb: 'Taken 3' Trailer: Liam Neeson Is Back!
Briefly: With production on Seth MacFarlane's comedy sequel Ted 2 shooting in Boston right now, some small casting tidbits and other details have been trickling online. Morgan Freeman has already been revealed to have a pivotal role as a civil rights lawyer helping Ted with some legal troubles, and Mark Wahlberg revealed his Flash Gordon motorcycle. And now we have word from MacFarlane himself that his A Million Ways to Die in the West star Liam Neeson will have a small role in the film, and EW has learned that "Mad Men" star John Slattery is also involved somehow, likely in cameo roles.
- Vulture: John Slattery Joins the Cast of Ted 2
- Total Film: Liam Neeson will appear in Ted 2
- The Playlist: Casting: Asa Butterfield Eyed For Tim Burton's ‘Miss Peregrine's,’ Liam Neeson Joins 'Ted 2' And More
- Entertainment Weekly: Alex Winter reveals totally excellent details about ‘Bill & Ted 3′
- Dark Horizons: New Details On A Third "Bill and Ted"
- AintItCool: Alex Winter Hints At The Third BILL & TED Movie!!
- JoBlo: Alex Winter says Bill and Ted 3 still coming and will deal with getting old
- MovieWeb: 'Bill &amp; Ted 3' Story Details Tease Multiple Bill and Teds
- HitFix: Excellent: Alex Winter spills 'Bill and Ted 3' plot details
- ScreenRant: ‘Bill & Ted 3′: Alex Winter Offers Plot Details
- Empire Magazine: Alex Winter Talks Bill & Ted 3
- Coming Soon: Alex Winter Talks Bill & Ted 3's Warped Timeline
- Collider: Alex Winter Says BILL & TED 3 Has Financing and Producers, But Will Still Take a While
- SlashFilm: Alex Winter Shares ‘Bill & Ted 3′ Update, Plot Details
John Slattery is also joining the comedy sequelLiam Neeson clearly enjoyed working with Seth MacFarlane on A Million Ways To Die In The West, even if the box office figures suggest that few moviegoers shared that enthusiasm. The Taken tough guy is appearing in MacFarlane’s latest, comedy sequel Ted 2, as announced in a tweet from the writer/director himself.Neeson is not alone in joining the film. Hitfix has learned that Mad Men’s John Slattery is aboard in an equally unspecified capacity.
- Vulture: Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman Will Be in Ted 2
- Hollywood Reporter: Liam Neeson Joins Star-Studded 'Ted 2' Cast
- Digital Spy: Liam Neeson joins Morgan Freeman in Ted 2 cast
- Screen Crush: 'Ted 2′ Reunites Liam Neeson With Seth MacFarlane
- MovieWeb: 'Ted 2' Brings in Liam Neeson
- JoBlo: Liam Neeson joins the cast of Ted 2
- HitFix: Exclusive: 'Mad Men's' John Slattery joining Liam Neeson in 'Ted 2'
- ScreenRant: Liam Neeson Has a Role in ‘Ted 2′
- Empire Magazine: Liam Neeson Is In Ted 2
- Entertainment Weekly: John Slattery joins ‘Ted 2′
- We Got This Covered: Bill & Ted 3 Script Is Really Funny Says Alex Winters, As New Story Details Emerge
If you've seen Liam Neeson kicking asses in Taken and the sequel Taken 2, then you can probably already guess what he looks like in the forthcoming Taken 3. Regardless, we have a few first look photos from the latest installment of the surprise hit action franchise. However, it sounds like the plot has steered away from what the title actually means as this time it's Neeson's character Mills who is on the run after he's framed for the murder of someone close to him. But these first look photos don't show much ass-kicking or even gun-wielding.
- USA Today: Liam Neeson brings particular skills to 'Taken 3'
- Coming Soon: The First Photos from Taken 3, Starring Liam Neeson
- JoBlo: First Taken 3 images featuring Liam Neeson & others, plus plot details
- The Playlist: First Look: Liam Neeson In 'Taken 3,' Says "This Is The End" Of The Series
- ScreenRant: ‘Taken 3′ Images & Plot Details: Liam Neeson Must Clear His Name
- Screen Crush: 'Taken 3′ First Look: "This Time, No More Traveling," Says Liam Neeson
- MovieWeb: 'Taken 3' Photos and Plot Details: Liam Neeson Goes on the Run
- SlashFilm: First Look: Liam Neeson Goes On the Run in ‘Taken 3′ AKA ‘Tak3n’
Universal Pictures Liam Neeson‘s recent career resurgence as a mature action star has been moving along at a fast clip these past few years, and one constant through films like Taken, Taken 2 and Non-Stop (aside from the fisticuffs, respectable budgets and boffo box-office) has been his characters’ penchant for talking tough on a cell phone. The talk mostly consists of warnings, threats and promises for the evil-doers on the other end of the line, but it has quickly become part of his invincible hard-ass repertoire. A Walk Among the Tombstones challenges that persona in many ways.
- AintItCool: Capone loves that Liam Neeson actually gets to act again in A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES
- MovieWeb: 'Walk Among the Tombstones' Interview with Liam Neeson | EXCLUSIVE
- Digital Spy: Liam Neeson starring in Joss Whedon-scripted movie?
- The Playlist: Interview: Scott Frank Talks 'A Walk Among the Tombstones,' The Western He's Dying To Make, And More
- The Playlist: Amber Heard Joins 'Magic Mike XXL' & Liam Neeson Hangs For Joss Whedon-Penned 'Suspension'
Although the trailers and other marketing materials being utilized to sell "A Walk Among the Tombstones" will have you believing that it's another run-of-the-mill Liam Neeson thriller, it is not. The movie is intricate and beautifully done, with one of the finer Neeson performances in recent memory and a twisty- turny crime movie plot (based on a Lawrence Block novel of the same name) and nary a superhero in sight.
- Chud: Review: A Walk Among The Tombstones
- Hollywood Reporter: 'A Walk Among the Tombstones': What the Critics Are Saying
- Vulture: A Walk Among the Tombstones Comes Awfully Close to Capturing the Lawrence Block Vibe
- Hollywood Reporter: In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'The Maze Runner,' 'A Walk Among the Tombstones' and More
- Twitch: Review: A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES
- The Wrap: Liam Neeson vs. Denzel Washington Smackdown: ‘Walk Among the Tombstones’ and ‘Equalizer’ Face Off at Box Office
- Deadline: Box Office: ‘Maze Runner’ Off To Good Start With $1.1M, ‘Tombstones’ Takes In $480K – Late Night Numbers
This weekend, Liam Neeson heads into thriller territory again for Universal Picture in A Walk Among the Tombstones, and he's already in the midst of lining up another one. Deadline reports the studio is looking to reteam with Neeson by making him the star of Tell No One, the adaptation of Harlan Coben's thriller novel that was already turned into the French thriller of the same name directed by Guillaume Canet.
- Deadline: Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben’s ‘Tell No One’
- Cinema Blend: 5 Bold Ways Liam Neeson Can Save His Career Again
- Vulture: Bono and Liam Neeson Are Working on a Movie Together
- Dark Horizons: Liam Neeson Wanted For "Tell No One"
- Digital Spy: Liam Neeson to star in Tell No One remake, Gavin O'Connor directing
- Hollywood Reporter: Liam Neeson Warns His 'Love Actually' Co-Star of Competing With 'A Walk Among the Tombstones'
- Collider: Liam Neeson Eyes TELL NO ONE; Channing Tatum Boards STRUCK BY GENIUS; Matt Smith Joins PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES
- MovieWeb: Liam Neeson Wanted for Mystery Thriller 'Tell No One'
- Empire Magazine: Liam Neeson May Say Tell No One
- The Playlist: Liam Neeson Eyes 'Tell No One' Remake & Channing Tatum Is 'Struck By Genius'
- The Playlist: Review: 'A Walk Among The Tombstones' Starring Liam Neeson And Dan Stevens