Jude Law News
While HBO hoped to win over audiences with a film revival of its popular show Entourage, it was competing comedy Spy that ruled the North American box office. The Paul Feig-directed James Bond spoof, starring Melissa McCarthy, Jason Statham, Jude Law and Rose Byrne, took home $30 million. Spy eclipsed Entourage, which fell short of expectations with $10.4 million for the weekend and a five-day launch total of $17.8 million (it opened Wednesday), according to The Hollywood Reporter. It's likely that Warner Bros.
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: Spy Infiltrates Way To Number One, Entourage Stuck At The Gate
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'Spy' and 'Insidious: Chapter 3' Overtake 'Entourage'
- The Playlist: Box-Office: Melissa McCarthy Laughs Her Way To #1 With ‘Spy,’ ‘Entourage’ Disappoints With $10 Million Opening
- The Wrap: 5 Reasons Why ‘Entourage’ Got Trounced by Melissa McCarthy’s ‘Spy’ at Box Office
- Deadline: Bart & Fleming: Loving Melissa McCarthy & Paul Feig But Not ‘Entourage'; Are We In An R-Rated Comedy Renaissance?
- Vulture: Spy Sneaks Past San Andreas at the Box Office
- Thompson on Hollywood: Top 10 Box Office Takeaways: 'Spy' Best of 3 New Titles, But Business Still Lacks a Hero
- USA Today: Jason Statham: Stealth comedy star in 'Spy'
- Chud: Movie Curiosities: Spy
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Weekend Report - 'Spy' Eyes $30M Weekend
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Spy' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $30M
- HitFix: Box Office: Melissa McCarthy scores her second no. 1 movie with 'Spy'
- Empire Magazine: Melissa McCarthy's Spy Shoots To The Top Of The US Box Office
- The Wrap: Melissa McCarthy’s ‘Spy’ Clocks The Rock’s ‘San Andreas’ With $30 Million at Box Office
- MovieWeb: 'Spy' Takes the Weekend Box Office with $30 Million
- Entertainment Weekly: Mysterious 'Entourage' poster haunts an Indian restaurant
- The Wrap: Party Report in Pictures: ‘Downton Abbey’ Hits Beverly Hills, ‘Entourage’ Blitzes Hollywood (Photos)
Paul Feig and Melissa McCarthy comedy “Spy” will open the 41st annual Seattle International Film Festival, organizers announced Wednesday. Emmy-winning and Oscar-nominated actress McCarthy stars as Susan Cooper, an unassuming, deskbound CIA analyst who is the unsung hero behind the Agency’s most dangerous missions. When her partner (Jude Law) falls off the grid and another top agent (Jason Statham) is compromised, she volunteers to go deep undercover to infiltrate the world of a deadly arms dealer and prevent a global disaster. See video: From ‘His Girl Friday’ to ‘The Heat':
- Hollywood Reporter: Paul Feig and 'Spy' to Kick Off Seattle International Film Festival
- Variety: Seattle Film Festival to Open With ‘Spy’
- Digital Spy: Melissa McCarthy to be "leader" of new Ghostbusters group
In BLACK SEA, a tense and enjoyable old-school underwater thriller, Jude Law plays the leader of a makeshift salvage team who heads to the bottom of the titular body of water to snatch up millions of dollars of gold from a sunken Russian submarine. Utilizing a Scottish accent and a stern, intimidating demeanor, Law has given us one of his most compelling characters here. Truth be told, I like Law more now than I... Read More...
- Hollywood Reporter: Jude Law, 'Black Sea' Team Reveal Appeal of Making Original Thriller on Submarine
- Deadline: Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- USA Today: Trailer: 'Black Sea'
- Mania: Mania Review: Black Sea
There's a hidden fortune buried in a sunken Nazi sub and Jude Law wants it. The trailer for “Black Sea” shows that he'll have to take a shadowy team to dark depths to find it.
- HitFix: 'Black Sea' trailer promises Jude Law, U-boats, and Nazi gold
- Screen Crush: 'Black Sea' Trailer: Jude Law Chases Nazi Gold at the Bottom of the Ocean
- Moviefone: Jude Law Searches for Sunken Nazi Treasure In 'Black Sea' Trailer (VIDEO)
- The Playlist: Watch: Jude Law Goes After Hitler's Gold In First Trailer For 'Black Sea'
- JoBlo: Jude Law hunts for gold in this intense trailer for Black Sea
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: First Trailer for 'Black Sea' Starring Jude Law
- IndieWire: Watch: Jude Law Battles a Mutinous Crew in 'Black Sea' Trailer
- We Got This Covered: Jude Law’s On An Underwater Treasure Hunt In First Trailer For Black Sea
- Variety: WATCH: First Trailer for Jude Law’s ‘Black Sea’
- Entertainment Weekly: Jude Law fights for his share of a sunken treasure in ‘Black Sea’ trailer
- Coming Soon: Submerge with Jude Law in the Black Sea Trailer
- MovieWeb: 'Black Sea' Trailer Starring Jude Law
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Jude Law Searches for Sunken Treasure in 'Black Sea' Trailer
- Empire Magazine: First Trailer For Kevin Macdonald's Black Sea Pings In