Jason Statham News
While HBO hoped to win over audiences with a film revival of its popular show Entourage, it was competing comedy Spy that ruled the North American box office. The Paul Feig-directed James Bond spoof, starring Melissa McCarthy, Jason Statham, Jude Law and Rose Byrne, took home $30 million. Spy eclipsed Entourage, which fell short of expectations with $10.4 million for the weekend and a five-day launch total of $17.8 million (it opened Wednesday), according to The Hollywood Reporter. It's likely that Warner Bros.
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: Spy Infiltrates Way To Number One, Entourage Stuck At The Gate
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'Spy' and 'Insidious: Chapter 3' Overtake 'Entourage'
- The Playlist: Box-Office: Melissa McCarthy Laughs Her Way To #1 With ‘Spy,’ ‘Entourage’ Disappoints With $10 Million Opening
- The Wrap: 5 Reasons Why ‘Entourage’ Got Trounced by Melissa McCarthy’s ‘Spy’ at Box Office
- Deadline: Bart & Fleming: Loving Melissa McCarthy & Paul Feig But Not ‘Entourage'; Are We In An R-Rated Comedy Renaissance?
- Vulture: Spy Sneaks Past San Andreas at the Box Office
- Thompson on Hollywood: Top 10 Box Office Takeaways: 'Spy' Best of 3 New Titles, But Business Still Lacks a Hero
- USA Today: Jason Statham: Stealth comedy star in 'Spy'
- Chud: Movie Curiosities: Spy
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Weekend Report - 'Spy' Eyes $30M Weekend
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Spy' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $30M
- HitFix: Box Office: Melissa McCarthy scores her second no. 1 movie with 'Spy'
- Empire Magazine: Melissa McCarthy's Spy Shoots To The Top Of The US Box Office
- The Wrap: Melissa McCarthy’s ‘Spy’ Clocks The Rock’s ‘San Andreas’ With $30 Million at Box Office
- MovieWeb: 'Spy' Takes the Weekend Box Office with $30 Million
- Entertainment Weekly: Mysterious 'Entourage' poster haunts an Indian restaurant
- The Wrap: Party Report in Pictures: ‘Downton Abbey’ Hits Beverly Hills, ‘Entourage’ Blitzes Hollywood (Photos)
Melissa McCarthy may be behind some of the funniest comedies in recent years, but thereâs only one film that she would describe as âa perfect movie.â EW and People editorial director Jess Cagle sat down with McCarthy, Jason Statham, and Paul Feig to talk about the...
- The Playlist: Review: 'Spy' Starring Melissa McCarthy, Jason Statham, Jude Law & Rose Byrne Is An Undeniably Entertaining Romp
- The Wrap: Melissa McCarthy, Jude Law, Rose Byrne Go Undercover at ‘Spy’ NYC Premiere (Photos)
- JoBlo: Exclusive Interview: Spy Stars Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham!
- The Wrap: Melissa McCarthy Declares Fabio ‘Husband No. 2’ in Word Association Game With Jimmy Fallon (Video)
Paul Feig and Melissa McCarthy comedy “Spy” will open the 41st annual Seattle International Film Festival, organizers announced Wednesday. Emmy-winning and Oscar-nominated actress McCarthy stars as Susan Cooper, an unassuming, deskbound CIA analyst who is the unsung hero behind the Agency’s most dangerous missions. When her partner (Jude Law) falls off the grid and another top agent (Jason Statham) is compromised, she volunteers to go deep undercover to infiltrate the world of a deadly arms dealer and prevent a global disaster. See video: From ‘His Girl Friday’ to ‘The Heat':
- Hollywood Reporter: Paul Feig and 'Spy' to Kick Off Seattle International Film Festival
- Variety: Seattle Film Festival to Open With ‘Spy’
- Digital Spy: Melissa McCarthy to be "leader" of new Ghostbusters group
Another Spy trailer is here, and given that it’s probably going to play ahead of Furious 7 this weekend there’s an appropriate Jason Statham bit right at its center. “I once drove a car off a freeway on top of a train while I was on fire,” he says, seemingly describing a stunt from the Fast and the Furious franchise that he’s now a part of. He’s not in in too much of the latest Spy trailer, though, and that’s either a good thing or a bad thing. I had assumed his role was just slightly above a cameo after seeing him in the first spot.
- Hollywood Reporter: Watch Jason Statham School Melissa McCarthy in New 'Spy' Trailer
- MovieWeb: 'Spy' Trailer #2: Melissa McCarthy Is a Secret Weapon
- The Playlist: Watch: Melissa McCarthy Is Not Your Average Secret Agent In New Trailer For 'Spy'
- Coming Soon: Melissa McCarthy Gets Her Spy on in the New Trailer and Poster
- Cinema Blend: Spy Trailer: Melissa McCarthy's 007 Spoof Is Action-Packed And Hysterical
- AintItCool: A New Trailer For Paul Feig’s SPY!!
- We Got This Covered: Melissa McCarthy Is The Unlikeliest Of Unlikely Heroes In New Trailer For Paul Feig’s Spy
- Moviefone: Don't Mess With Melissa McCarthy in New 'Spy' Trailer
- Latino Review: New Trailer and Poster Hits for 'Spy'
- Screen Crush: 'Spy' Trailer: Melissa McCarthy Has a License to Kill (And Tell Dirty Jokes)
- SlashFilm: ‘Spy’ Trailer: Melissa McCarthy Is a Woman on a Mission
- Empire Magazine: New Spy Trailer Kicks In
- The Wrap: Melissa McCarthy Channels James Bond in New ‘Spy’ Trailer and Poster (Video)
- FirstShowing.net: Melissa McCarthy Finally Becomes a 'Spy' in Comedy's Second Trailer
- JoBlo: Catch up on Paul Feig's Spy starring Melissa McCarthy with this new trailer