It takes a brave filmmaker to take on remaking POLTERGEIST. Thankfully, the fine gentleman who brought us MONSTER HOUSE and CITY OF EMBERS decided to have while still paying respect to the original. While the new film certainly has a different tone from Tobe Hooper directed, Steven Spielberg produced classic, in many ways this feels like a homage to it. And it also happens to feature a strong cast, with Sam... Read More...
- AintItCool: Harry's seen Gil Kenan's POLTERGEIST and thinks it's absolutely worth checking out! Scary fun!
- Dread Central: Poltergeist Review – It’s Heeeerrrrre
- Chud: The Drew Reviews: Poltergeist
- We Got This Covered: Poltergeist Review
- Hollywood Reporter: In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Tomorrowland,' 'Poltergeist' and More
- Deadline: ‘Tomorrowland’ Limited Release While ‘Poltergeist’ Grabs Strong $1.4M – Box Office Thursday
- Shock Till You Drop: Review: Poltergeist 2015
- Variety: ‘Tomorrowland’ Earns $725,000, ‘Poltergeist’ Scares Up $1.4 Million on Thursday Night
- Vulture: The New Poltergeist Isn’t Quite a Travesty, But It’s Not That Scary Either
- Filmonic: Sam Raimi, Clips and More from Poltergeist
- Twitch: Review: POLTERGEIST, A Remake That Resembles The Original A Little Too Closely
- JoBlo: Review: Poltergeist
- Latino Review: Film Review: 'Poltergeist'
- Film School Rejects: Poltergeist (2015) Is a Mere Ghost of Its Former Self
- Screen Crush: 'Poltergeist' Review: A Decent Remake Haunted By the Spirit of the Original
- Entertainment Weekly: Review: 'Poltergeist': EW review
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: Can 'Tomorrowland' Beat 'Poltergeist'?
Two of my favorite actors today happen to be Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt. And frankly, they give everything they do some serious credibility. So when you place them in the roles of the terrorized parents in POLTERGEIST, it already makes you care about the characters more. While the original film will always be one of my all-time favorites, I was surprised at how much fun I had with this new film and much... Read More...
While it was previously reported that the next Friday the 13th installment might take the popular found footage route, producer Brad Fuller has laid those rumors to rest, and revealed that the fans played a large role in the decision. "Listen, there was an outpouring of negative sentiment when it was revealed that Friday the 13th might have been a found footage movie," Fuller told Shock Til You Drop. "That was very clear to us that there was not a groundswell of support for that.
- MovieWeb: 'Friday the 13th' Found Footage Plans Scrapped Because of Fans
- Dread Central: Friday the 13th – New Update From Brad Fuller
- Cinema Blend: Well, We Know What The Next Friday The 13th Movie Won't Be
- SlashFilm: Fan Outrage Helped Stop Found-Footage ‘Friday the 13th’ Sequel
- Latino Review: Producer Brad Fuller Talks 'Friday the 13th' Reboot
Legendary and Universal Pictures’ have released the international trailer for Guillermo del Toro's upcoming supernatural thriller "Crimson Peak" starring Mia Wasikowska, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston, Charlie Hunnam and Jim Beaver.Film was directed by Guillermo del Toro from a screenplay he and Matthew Robbins wrote."Crimson Peak" is haunting gothic horror story directed by the master of dark fairy tales, Guillermo del Toro, which takes place in the aftermath of a family tragedy, an aspiring author is torn between love for
- The Playlist: Watch: New International Trailer & Photos From Guillermo del Toro’s "Kinky" ‘Crimson Peak’
- Shock Till You Drop: Guillermo del Toro Talks Silent Hills Cancellation
- Dread Central: Guillermo del Toro Had Very High Hopes for Silent Hills
- Fandango Movie Blog: Watch This Week's Hottest New Trailers: 'Minions,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Jem and the Holograms' and More
Tom Hiddleston teases kink, creepiness and complexity on the set of 'Crimson Peak.' HitFix's Daniel Fienberg was on the Toronto set to report on Guillermo del Toro's gothic haunted house movie.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien-print
- Coming Soon: A Visit to the Set of Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak
- AintItCool: Quint saw some smooching on the set of Guillermo del Toro's Gothic Romance flick CRIMSON PEAK!
- AintItCool: Quint talks one on one with CRIMSON PEAK's Tom Hiddleston!
- Shock Till You Drop: Crimson Peak Set Report: What is Going Down in Allerdale Hall?
- HitFix: Jessica Chastain thinks dark thoughts, makes beautiful music on the set of 'Crimson Peak'
- Bleeding Cool: "Ghosts Are Real... I See Them Everyday" - Full Trailer For Crimson Peak
- Total Film: Crimson Peak - full trailer breakdown of del Toro's gothic-horror teaser
- IGN Movies: 5 Creepy and Cool Things Del Toro Told Us About Crimson Peak
Guillermo del Toro offered a new glimpse inside his elaborate Gothic fantasia Crimson PeakÂ with a new trailer that plays up theÂ blood red of the movieâs title. Arriving in theaters Oct. 16, Crimson PeakÂ stars Mia Wasikowska as young Edith Cushing, a budding novelist who falls for...
- We Got This Covered: Guillermo Del Toro’s Haunted House Comes Alive In Gorgeous New Trailer For Crimson Peak
- Vulture: Crimson Peak Trailer: Guillermo del Toro Puts the Whitest Actors in the World in a Haunted House
- SlashFilm: ‘Crimson Peak’ Trailer: Welcome to Guillermo del Toro’s Gorgeous Haunted House
- Shock Till You Drop: New Trailer: Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak
- The Playlist: Watch: Guillermo del Toro Scares Up New Trailer For 'Crimson Peak' With Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston & Mia Wasikowska
- MovieWeb: 'Crimson Peak' Trailer #2: Enter Guillermo Del Toro's Haunted House
- The Wrap: Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Trailer Features Lots of Creeps Haunting Mia Wasikowska (Video)
- AintItCool: A New Trailer For del Toro’s CRIMSON PEAK!!
- Dark Horizons: Full Trailer: Guillermo del Toro's "Crimson Peak"
- Empire Magazine: New Trailer For Guillermo Del Toro's Crimson Peak Arrives Online
- JoBlo: The new trailer for Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak is sure to send chills
- Comic Book Movie: Scary Second Trailer & New Motion Poster For Guillermo Del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK
- Latino Review: New Trailer for Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak' is HERE!
- FirstShowing.net: Second Trailer for Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak' Creeps Up
- Screen Crush: 'Crimson Peak' Trailer: The House Is Not What It Seems
- Film School Rejects: Crimson Peak Trailer: A Ghost-Obsessed Girl Finds the House of Her Dreams
- Coming Soon: The New Crimson Peak Trailer is Here!
- Cinema Blend: The Crimson Peak Trailer Is Haunting And Intense
- IndieWire: Watch: Jessica Chastain Has A Heart of Darkness in Chilling New 'Crimson Peak' Trailer
- Horror Society: (Review) House of Horrors: Gates of Hell
- Moviefone: Haunting 'Crimson Peak' Trailer Promises Highbrow Horror This Halloween
- Badass Digest: CRIMSON PEAK Trailer: Ghosts Are Real, That Much I Know
- Dread Central: Crimson Peak’s Official Theatrical Trailer Begins Haunting the Internet
- MovieWeb: 'Crimson Peak' Motion Poster; Trailer #2 Coming Tomorrow
- Screen Crush: 'Crimson Peak' Reveals Haunting New Images and Motion Poster, Trailer Coming Tomorrow
This week sees the wide release of Henry Hobson's debut film Maggie, a zombie drama. The big eye-catcher here is that it stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, cast against type as a father trying to cope with the impending death of his fatally ill daughter. And for once, "cope with" doesn't mean "shoot, slice, dice and blow up people".
Abigail Breslin is no stranger to zombie movies, having been in the hit Zombieland several years ago, but the 19-year old actress is approaching the genre from a very different viewpoint in the new film Maggie. Debuting Friday in theaters and VOD, the film stars Breslin as the title character, a teenage girl who has been bitten and is slowly making an inevitable transformation.
- USA Today: Zombie film 'Maggie' offers a human touch
- Dread Central: Maggie Gets the LEGO Treatment
- USA Today: Lego Arnold rocks new 'Maggie' trailer
- Dread Central: Exclusive: Abigail Breslin Talks Maggie and Scream Queens
- IGN Movies: Maggie Review
- MovieWeb: 'Maggie' Lego Trailer Has Schwarzenegger in Stop Motion
Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel Leatherface continues to be an…interesting…project. French filmmaking duo Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury are taking a very different approach to the origin story of chainsaw-wielding villain Leatherface — much different from the pretty terrible Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. Some of their choices have seemed a bit odd, but their latest casting decision is inarguably exciting: The Conjuring and Almost Human star Lili Taylor has joined the cast. Continue reading…
- Hollywood Reporter: Lili Taylor Joins 'Texas Chainsaw' Prequel 'Leatherface'
- Digital Spy: Lili Taylor will play Leatherface's mother in Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel
- We Got This Covered: Lili Taylor In For Texas Chainsaw Prequel Leatherface
In the somber zombie drama MAGGIE (I hesitate to call it a horror movie, because it really isn't at all), Arnold Schwarzenegger gives - as advertised - a performance unlike he's ever given before. Playing a father who must agonizingly watch as his daughter (Abigail Breslin) is slowly overtaken by a deadly disease... one that will eventually turn her into a zombie. Schwarzenegger's first real dramatic... Read More...
- Horror-Movies.ca: Arnold Schwarzenegger Faces Off Against Zombies in New ‘Maggie’ Clip
- Shockya: Interview: Joely Richardson Talks Maggie (Exclusive)
- Horror Society: Arnold Schwarzenegger Zombie Thriller ‘MAGGIE’ Opens this Friday in Theaters & VOD
- Vulture: James Corden and Arnold Schwarzenegger Did a Very Giggly Schwarzenegger Retrospective
- USA Today: Trailer: 'Maggie'