Anyone who loves Tom Cruise knows that the actor can’t help but tackle some kind of crazy new stunt for his blockbuster action movies. They’ve become a staple of the Mission: Impossible franchise, and now he’s bringing that same spectacle to The Mummy. In the new action adventure tentpole that will mark the beginning of a Universal Monsters cinematic universe, there will be a zero gravity action sequence that takes place in a cargo plane.
- ScreenRant: Tom Cruise Performed Stunts in Zero Gravity For The Mummy
- IndieWire: ‘Life’ Review: ‘Alien’ Meets ‘Gravity’ In Daniel Espinosa’s Derivative Sci-Fi Survival Story
- Cinema Blend: Watch How Happy Tom Cruise Is Doing An Insane Stunt For The Mummy
- HitFix: Few People Will Ever Be As Happy As Tom Cruise Going Zero-G For A Stunt In ‘The Mummy’ Happy
Paramount performed a little maintenance on their calendar last night, removing both World War Z 2 and the repeatedly delayed Friday the 13th reboot from their upcoming release schedule — but that’s not all. The studio has reportedly completely shut down production on their new Friday the 13th project, which was set to begin filming in just six weeks. With no release date (again) and pre-production halted, it seems that Jason Voorhees’ revival may be delayed indefinitely. Continue reading…
- Dark Horizons: Paramount Cancels “Friday the 13th” & Shifts Dates
- Vulture: Friday the 13th Reboot Slashed from October’s Horror Movie Line-up
- IGN Movies: Friday the 13th Reboot Shutdown
- ScreenRant: Friday the 13th Reboot Pre-Production Shuts Down
- Coming Soon: New Friday the 13th Movie Completely Shut Down
- MovieWeb: Friday the 13th Remake Is Canceled, Is Rings to Blame?
It's not looking too good for the zombie apocalypse as Variety is reporting that Paramount Pictures has officially taken their World War Z sequel off the release calendar, which is not entirely shocking considering the film hadn't even begun filming yet. However, what is shocking is that they haven't provided a new release date for the sequel, which almost definitely suggests fans may have to wait even longer to see part two of Brad Pitt's zombie adventures. The film, which lost its original director J.A.
- Moviefone: Brad Pitt's 'World War Z 2' Pulled From Release Schedule After Production Delay
- The Wrap: Paramount Pulls Brad Pitt’s ‘World War Z 2,’ ‘Friday the 13th’ Reboot From Schedule
- Horror-Movies.ca: Paramount Has Pulled ‘Friday the 13th’ and ‘World War Z 2’ From Their Schedule
- JoBlo: Update: Paramount pulls World War Z 2 and Friday the 13th off their schedule
- ScreenRant: World War Z 2 & Friday the 13th Reboot Pulled From Paramount Schedule
- Bleeding Cool: Paramount’s Rough Monday: World War Z Sequel Pulled Off The Schedule And Kills Friday The 13th Entirely
- SlashFilm: ‘World War Z’ Sequel and ‘Friday the 13th’ Pulled Off Release Calendar; Darren Aronofsky’s ‘mother!’ Set for Fall
- We Got This Covered: World War Z 2 Loses Release Date; Production On Friday The 13th Reboot Reportedly Shut Down
- MovieWeb: World War Z 2 Gets Delayed Indefinitely
- HitFix: ‘World War Z 2’ Might Never Happen Now, So It’s Time To Make It A TV Show
Over the past week, I’ve been revisiting the Friday the 13th series with one simple, stupid goal: I was going to rank every single person killed by Jason Voorhees (and his fellow murderers) in the entire series. There turned out to be 181 of them and I ranked them here and here. But throughout the process, other questions kept cropping up: which Friday the 13th movie is your favorite? How would you rank them? Is The New Blood really worse than Jason Takes Manhattan?
- AintItCool: AICN HORROR celebrates Friday the 13th with JASON GOES TO HELL: THE FINAL FRIDAY! Plus WE ARE THE FL
- Coming Soon: Friday the 13th: An Ode to Mrs. Voorhees
- Dread Central: Happy Friday the 13th January 2017
- Dread Central: 35th Anniversary Retrospective: Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
- SlashFilm: It’s Got a Death Curse: Ranking All 181 ‘Friday the 13th’ Kills (Part One)
- SlashFilm: It’s Got a Death Curse: Ranking All 181 ‘Friday the 13th’ Kills (Part Two)
IMAX accidentally uploaded The Mummy trailer starring Tom Cruise that omits most of the soundtrack, and the results are nothing short of breathtaking.
- HitFix: IMAX Accidentally Uploads A Very Awkward ‘The Mummy’ Trailer With Messed-Up Audio
- The Wrap: You Must Watch This Version of ‘The Mummy’ Trailer With Messed Up Audio (Video)
- SlashFilm: ‘The Mummy’ Trailer Without Finished Sound Is Hilarious, Bizarre, and Enlightening
- Badass Digest: You Should Probably Watch THE MUMMY Trailer Without Sound Effects
- Dark Horizons: A “Mummy” Trailer Accident Proves Awkward
On Sunday, Universal released the first trailer for The Mummy, and now a featurette and two interviews with director Alex Kurtzman give some context to what the heck Russell Crowe is doing there. We know he’s playing Dr. Henry Jekyll, and other movies in this shared Universal Monster Movie Universe might include Johnny Depp as The Invisible Man and Javier Bardem as Frankenstein.
- Cinema Blend: New Mummy Footage Has Tom Cruise Beating The Hell Out Of Russell Crowe
- SlashFilm: ‘The Mummy’ Featurette: Tom Cruise Gets the Crap Kicked Out of Him
- HitFix: This Week In Movie Posters: Yes, Tom Cruise Is Really In A ‘Mummy’ Movie
- Filmonic: A World of Gods and Monsters in the Trailer for The Mummy
- MovieWeb: Mummy Preview Video Explores Universal Monsters Universe
Universal Pictures has already rolled out a behind-the-scenes look at their upcoming film The Mummy after dropping the first trailer last night. The film is big. Star Tom Cruise says it’s the biggest film he’s ever done… and it’s his first chance to work with his long time friend Russell Crowe. This is Universal’s chance to build a universe of movies around the classic monster characters. Besides the Mummy, we also get Dr. Jeckyll in this. A Look Inside The New Mummy Film
- Variety: Watch the First Full Trailer for ‘The Mummy’ Reboot Starring Tom Cruise
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: Tom Cruise In “The Mummy”
- Deadline: ‘The Mummy’ Trailer: Watch The Franchise Rise From The Grave
- Coming Soon: The Mummy Trailer is Unleashed!
- Coming Soon: Mummy with a Why: Alex Kurtzman on the Universal Monsterverse
- Cinema Blend: The Mummy Trailer Unleashes Chaos Mid-Flight
- We Got This Covered: Tom Cruise Brings The Mummy To Life In New Trailer For Universal’s Reboot
- IndieWire: ‘The Mummy’ Reboot Trailer: Tom Cruise Battles Multi-Irised Female Mummy
- Hollywood Reporter: 'The Mummy' Reboot Trailer Unwraps Secrets of the Monsters Shared Universe
- IGN Movies: The Mummy Director on Resurrecting Universal's Monsters
- The A.V. Club: Coming Distractions: The Mummy isn’t the only one returning to life in the reboot’s first trailer
- Badass Digest: Everybody Dies In First Teaser For THE MUMMY
- We Got This Covered: The Mummy Director Alex Kurtzman Says Dracula Untold Is Not Canon
- Vulture: Tom Cruise Is Afraid of a Dead Princess in First Mummy Trailer
- AintItCool: Universal's 3rd THE MUMMY, the one with Tom Cruise, has a trailer - looky looky looky!!!
- Horror-Movies.ca: First Full Length Trailer for ‘The Mummy’
- Dark Horizons: Kurtzman Explains The New “Mummy”
- Coming Soon: New The Mummy Featurette Intros the Monster Universe
- Cinema Blend: The Insane Scene From Tom Cruise’s The Mummy That Made The Crew Puke
- Moviefone: Tom Cruise Pulls a Jon Snow in 'The Mummy' Trailer, So Is He a Mummy?
- Dread Central: The Mummy Trailer and Images Welcome a New World of Gods and Monsters
- SlashFilm: ‘The Mummy’ Teaser Trailer: Watch Tom Cruise Scream In Terror
- Latino Review: Breaking News: Trailer For Tom Cruise's THE MUMMY Is HERE!!
- HitFix: The First Trailer For ‘The Mummy’ Sees Tom Cruise In Straight-Up ‘Mission: Impossible’ Mode
- MovieWeb: The Mummy Trailer Is Here
- Screen Crush: Tom Cruise Is Only Mostly Dead in the First Trailer for 'The Mummy'
- Comic Book Movie: Tom Cruise Fights For His Life In The Jaw-Dropping First Full-Length Teaser Trailer For THE MUMMY
- JoBlo: New trailer for The Mummy hits, plus details on the film from Alex Kurtzman!
- The Wrap: Watch ‘The Mummy’ Scare the Bejeebies Out of Tom Cruise in First Full Trailer(Video)
- Bleeding Cool: The Mummy’s First Trailer Has Arrived!
- Twitch: THE MUMMY: Tom Cruise's Newest Stunt Show Has Its First Trailer
- Film School Rejects: The Mummy Lives Again: First Trailer for the Tom Cruise Reboot
- Fandango Movie Blog: Tom Cruise Faces an Ancient Evil in First 'The Mummy' Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: First Full Trailer for 'The Mummy' Reboot Starring Tom Cruise
- SlashFilm: Alex Kurtzman On ‘The Mummy’: The Tone, Tom Cruise, The PG-13 Rating & More
- MTV Movies Blog: The Mummy Seriously Cannot Seem To Kill Tom Cruise In Crazy First Trailer
- SlashFilm: ‘The Mummy’ Airplane Sequence Was Shot In Zero G Using The Vomit Comet
- ScreenRant: The Mummy Director Explains Dr. Jekyll’s Role in the Film
- Comic Book Movie: Even More Awesome Footage Revealed In The First Featurette For THE MUMMY
- ScreenRant: The Mummy Video: Big Stunts, Tom Cruise vs. Russell Crowe & More
- HitFix: ‘The Mummy’ Sexed-Up Its Female Mummy, Because Of Course It Did
- Latino Review: THE MUMMY: "This Is Bigger Than Anything I've Ever Done Before," Says Tom Cruise!
- FirstShowing.net: First 'The Mummy' Featurette Introduces the New World of Monsters
When most people think of The Mummy, they likely think of the tongue-in-cheek, Brendan Fraiser-starring reboot from the late '90s that was less a horror movie and more of a family adventure that went for laughs instead of scares. But when The Mummy first emerged back in 1932, it was unmistakably a horror movie about a young woman stalked by the reanimated corpse of an ancient Egyptian prince. So when a reboot of The Mummy hits theaters on June 9, 2017, it's already got the...Read MoreRead Comments
- SlashFilm: ‘The Mummy’ Teaser & Poster: Tom Cruise Uncovers an Ancient Evil
- Deadline: ‘The Mummy’ Teaser: Tom Cruise Enters A New World Of Gods And Monsters
- Cinema Blend: Tom Cruise’s The Mummy Trailer Teases Gods, Monsters And Scares
- Shockya: Tom Cruise Fighting Gods and Monsters in The Mummy’s Teaser Trailer and Poster
- Hollywood Reporter: Tom Cruise Shares First Teaser for 'The Mummy' Reboot: "She Is Real"
- Variety: Watch Tom Cruise in the First-Look Teaser for ‘The Mummy’ Reboot
- The Wrap: ‘The Mummy’ Trailer Tease: First Look at Tom Cruise in Action (Video)
- MovieWeb: The Mummy Teaser Starring Tom Cruise Arrives, Full Trailer Coming Sunday
- Latino Review: "She Is Real" - Trailer Tease And Poster For Tom Cruise's THE MUMMY Is Here!!
- Coming Soon: The Mummy Poster and Trailer Tease Unwrapped!
- Badass Digest: THE MUMMY Gets A Poster, A Brief Teaser And A Stolen Tagline
- Dark Horizons: “The Mummy” Reboot Gets A Poster, Trailer Tease
- The A.V. Club: Coming Distractions: The Mummy is alive in the first reboot tease
- IGN Movies: The Mummy Trailer Teaser and Poster Revealed
- Comic Book Movie: Welcome To A New World Of Gods & Monsters With A Thrilling Trailer Sneak Peek & Poster For THE MUMMY
- ScreenRant: The Mummy Trailer Teaser & Poster: A New World of Gods and Monsters
- Bleeding Cool: The Mummy Teaser For The Trailer Gives Us Our First Look At The Universal Monsters Universe
- JoBlo: Get your first look at The Mummy in trailer sneak peek & poster
- Screen Crush: Tremble Before the First Poster and Teaser Trailer for 'The Mummy'
The day’s top headlines in bite-size portions.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
It’s been a long time coming, but after almost a decade, producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form are ready to start working on the Friday the 13th reboot. The original 1980 Friday the 13th is a horror classic that introduced hockey-masked lunatic Jason Vorhees to the world, but its sequels over the years have left a lot to be desired. Even the 2009 remake was just not that good. Now, it sounds like Fuller and Form, who also produced The Purge series, are ready for another go at it. Continue reading…