Jonathan Rich writes for Bleeding Cool… The first time I tried to teach Jane Austen’s Brit Lit classic Pride and Prejudice, the teenagers I introduced to the tome absolutely hated it. In fairness, those high school seniors had about a month left in their final year of primary school and most already knew if and where they were going to university. Just about any choice from the approved literary cannon at that time probably would have had the same result. The unfortunate honor students on whom I forced Mr.
- Vulture: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Commits to Its Premise But Falls Short Where It Counts
- Dread Central: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: What Scene from the Book Do We Hope to See on the Screen?
- Badass Digest: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES Review: Silly But Not Stupid
- Cinema Blend: The Blunt Reason Pride And Prejudice And Zombies Scaled Back On The Blood And Gore
- Entertainment Weekly: Ultimate fan face-off: 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- The Wrap: Does ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ Bite? These Critics Think So
- FirstShowing.net: Review: 'Pride & Prejudice & Zombies' Has a Wealth of Heart & Brains
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Dominates ‘Caesar,’ ‘Zombies,’ ‘Choice’
“Pride and Prejudice and Zombies” bites, according to the majority of critics. The horror movie based on Seth Grahame-Smith‘s literary adaptation of Jane Austen‘s classic novel has garnered a disappointing 43 percent “rotten” rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Denver Post: "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" movie review: Prejudiced? Zombies dead in the water
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Hail, Caesar!' Nabs $543K, 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' Scares Up $300K Thursday
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' Director on Staying True to Jane Austen, Even During the Zombie Apocalypse
- Shockya: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Movie Review
- Film School Rejects: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Maybe a Few Other Things
- Entertainment Weekly: Ultimate fan face-off: 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Deadline: Moviegoers Begin To ‘Hail, Caesar!’ & Walk To ‘Zombies’ On Thursday Night — Box Office Update
- Total Film: Get the definitive guide to the undead with Zombies: The Ultimate Celebration
As a concept, “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is the sort of absurd brainstorm that won't just sit on the page. The phrase almost giggles for you; we were doomed to experience it the moment it became a repeatable thought. The 2009 novel by Seth Grahame-Smith reworks Jane Austen's 1813 novel just enough to amplify the heroic qualities of a few characters into modernity, with some social conflicts replaced with zombie battles. And ninjas. The book also has a bunch of ninjas. The ninjas didn't end up in this film, but the movie directed by Burr Steers ("Charlie St.
- Coming Soon: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Review
- We Got This Covered: Pride And Prejudice And Zombies Review
- Twitch: Review: In PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES, The P&P Is Fine, But The Z Is ZZZ
- Fandango Movie Blog: What Parents Can Expect from 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Latino Review: Video Interview: Talking with the Cast of PRIDE, PREJUDICE and ZOMBIES
- Total Film: Gore, guns and kick-ass heroines - on the set of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- Hollywood Reporter: Box-Office Preview: 'Pride and Prejudice,' 'Hail, Caesar!' to Battle Super Bowl
- We Got This Covered: Oculus Breakout Brenton Thwaites Will Fend Off Zombies In New Film Office Uprising
More a concept than an actual novel, the 2009 best-seller “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies” is merely the Jane Austen classic (which is in the public domain) with some brief zombie inserts by the writer Seth Grahame-Smith, best known for turning Abraham Lincoln into a vampire hunter. It’s just a silly title and a dumb passing idea, and now it is a movie written and directed by Burr Steers.
- USA Today: Lily James turns undead killer in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- AintItCool: Harry greatly prefers PRIDE & PREJUDICE & ZOMBIES with ZOMBIES rather than without!
- USA Today: Does 'Zombies' live or die with Jane Austen superfans?
- Coming Soon: CS Video: The Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Cast
- Shock Till You Drop: Video: The Cast of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES Spill Their Guts!
- HitFix: Review: 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' is an agreeably silly mash-up
- USA Today: Lily James talks killing zombies
- JoBlo: Pandemic trailer shows that you are capable of fighting zombies in a movie
A new poster has landed online for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES based on Seth Grahame-Smith’s hit parody novel of the Jane Austen classic. The film stars Lily James, Sam Riley, Jack Huston, Bella Heathcote, Douglas Booth, Matt Smith, Charles Dance, and Lena Headey.Have a look at the new poster below.A zombie outbreak has fallen upon the land in Jane Austen’s classic tale of the tangled relationships between lovers from different social classes in 19th century England.
- Dread Central: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)
- Horror-Movies.ca: New Official Poster for ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’
- Shock Till You Drop: Review: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES Doesn’t Cut Deep Enough
- We Got This Covered: Gothic New Poster For Pride And Prejudice And Zombies Teases A Bloody Apocalypse
We've been keeping an eye on Austrian director Dominik Hartl's upcoming horror comedy Attack Of The Lederhosen Zombies for some time now, having premiered the first images and proof of concept teasers for the film back in the spring.And with production now done and dusted n the zombies-in-the-snow affair the first official trailer has arrived! No more test footage here, this is the real stuff. Check it out below!... [Read the whole post on twitchfilm.com...]
- Coming Soon: Extended Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Sneak Peek
- Variety: ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ Gets Hot Topic Lingerie Collection
- Dread Central: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – See a Few Bloody Good Sneak Peeks!
- Hollywood Reporter: Lily James Celebrates 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' at Premiere
- AintItCool: A Bloody Good Look At PRIDE PREJUDICE & ZOMBIES!
Last December reports emerged that Tom Cruise was circling the lead role in Universal's big reboot of The Mummy, only there was no official confirmation. Some reports said it was a total rumor, others said there was truth to it but that it was far from a done deal. Whatever the case was a month ago it has now become official: Tom Cruise will indeed star in The Mummy. Now that the paperwork is done to land the Mission: Impossible star a potential new franchise, The Mummy has also landed a...Read MoreRead Comments
- Horror-Movies.ca: Tom Cruise and Sofia Boutella Officially Join ‘The Mummy’
- Screen Crush: Tom Cruise Officially Set for 'The Mummy' Reboot, Coming June 2017
- JoBlo: Tom Cruise officially signs on for Universal's Mummy reboot opening in 2017
- ScreenRant: The Mummy Reboot Moves to June 2017; Tom Cruise Has Signed On
- MovieWeb: Tom Cruise to Star in 'Mummy' Reboot, Coming in 2017
You have to hand it to Elizabeth Bennet: Sheâs got mettle. In the latestÂ Pride and Prejudice and ZombiesÂ preview,Â Elizabeth Bennet (Lily James) is startled by a late-night visitÂ from Lady Catherine (Lena Headey) and a brute named Wilhelm (Ryan Oliva). Lady Catherine disapproves of the...
Universal Pictures has plans to release a new movie featuring one of its classic monsters (The Wolf Man, Bride of Frankenstein, and so on) every year, starting in 2017 with director Alex Kurtzman’s The Mummy franchise reboot.
- Screen Crush: 'Kingsman' Star Sofia Boutella Cast as The Mummy in Upcoming Reboot
- Comic Book Movie: KINGSMAN Actress Sofia Boutella In Talks To Play Titular Role In THE MUMMY
- The Playlist: 'Kingsman' Star Sofia Boutella Will Play Title Monster In 'The Mummy,' Tom Cruise In Negotiations To Join
- Deadline: Sofia Boutella Circling ‘Mummy’ Role; Stephen Kunken Joins ‘Bourne’ Sequel
- Dread Central: Kingsman’s Sofia Boutella Wrapped Up for The Mummy?
- Horror Society: Sofia Boutella In Talks to Play ‘THE MUMMY’ for Universal Reboot!
- Bleeding Cool: Kingsman’s Sofia Boutella To Become The Mummy
- SlashFilm: ‘Kingsman’ Scene-Stealer Sofia Boutella Is ‘The Mummy’
- MovieWeb: 'Mummy' Reboot Wants Sofia Boutella as the Monster
- JoBlo: Kingsman's Sofia Boutella in talks to become The Mummy
- Latino Review: Sofia Boutella to Play 'The Mummy' Alongside Tom Cruise
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: Sofia Boutella in talks to be the new 'Mummy'
- Cinema Blend: The Mummy Reboot May Have Found Its Lead
- HitFix: You'll never guess who Universal cast as the Mummy