Guy Pearce News
Dan Deevy talks to Guy Pearce, Robert Pattinson, and director David Michod about flies in your eyes, and how The Rover really isn't as bleak as everyone thinks.
- AintItCool: David Michôd And Jeremy Discuss The Sun-Baked Despair Of THE ROVER!
- AintItCool: Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE ROVER and AI WEIWEI: THE FAKE CASE
- FirstShowing.net: Review: 'The Rover' Takes Too Long to Travel Too Short of a Distance
- HitFix: Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce say that there's hope in ‘The Rover’s' bleakness
One of our favorite films of the summer is David Michod’s “The Rover” starring Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. It’s a completely stark and austere tale of a man hell bent on retrieving what is his, by any means necessary. But remember, it’s not quite post-apocalyptic. “It’s post-catastrophic economic collapse!” Michod stressed in a recent Reddit AMA. Got that?
Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce team up for an apocalyptic western that has divided critical opinion -- are you sold? Tell us your thoughts, and vote in our poll.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Variety: ‘The Rover’ Premiere: Producer Praises Robert Pattinson as ‘Consummate Actor’
- Hollywood Reporter: Robert Pattinson at 'The Rover' L.A. Premiere: 'I'm Not Trying to Break Out of Anything'
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'The Rover' Cinematographer Talks Filming Pearce and Pattinson--"he's a natural" (VIDEO)
- Thompson on Hollywood: Why David Michôd Steered Clear of Hollywood to Shoot 'The Rover' with Pearce and Pattinson (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO)
- The Wrap: ‘The Rover’ Reviews: Does Robert Pattinson Impress or Bore the Critics?
- HitFix: Robert Pattinson watched 'Bully' before shooting 'The Rover'
Unlikely to win an endorsement from the Australian Tourism Board, “The Rover” presents an unrelentingly bleak view of the land Down Under in the near future. There's nary a koala bear in sight and no jocular offers to throw another shrimp on the barbie in writer-director David Michôd's downbeat road movie, set in the hot and dusty Outback 10 years after an undefined collapse.
- HitFix: Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce bring harrowing thriller 'The Rover' to Los Angeles
- IndieWire: Indie Box Office Preview: Will Robert Pattinson Finally Get An Indie Hit With 'The Rover'?
- Vulture: A Simpleminded Robert Pattinson Is Committed But Unconvincing in The Rover
- Digital Spy: Guy Pearce joins Kristen Stewart, Nicholas Hoult in Equals
- The Wrap: Robert Pattinson Talks Lying, Erotic Spitting and Being Homeless on ‘Kimmel’ (Video)
- Deadline: Specialty Box Office Preview: ‘The Rover’, ‘Hellion’, ‘Ivory Tower’, ‘A Coffee In Berlin’, ‘Violette’, ‘I Am I’
- Shockya: The Rover Movie Review
- FirstShowing.net: Video Interview: 'The Rover' Director David Michôd on His Two Films
- IGN Movies: The Rover Review
- FilmoFilia: THE ROVER Premiere in Los Angeles – Rachael Taylor
Having proven, with the terrific “Animal Kingdom,” that he could take a potentially small story of desperate men and blow it up into something much grander, David Michod attempts something like the opposite with “The Rover,” taking the epic, sweeping backdrop of a post-apocalyptic, dusty Australian desert, and turning in a tiny two-hander road movie, that is as spartan as its predecessor was operatic. It’s a mark of just what a talent the director is, then, that he can, on the evidence of this morning’s Cannes press screening, turn in such distinctive and compelling work in either register.
- IndieWire: Robert Pattinson on Singing Keri Hilson in 'The Rover' and How He Chooses His Projects Post-'Twilight'
- Variety: Guy Pearce Joins Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult in ‘Equals’
- Deadline: Guy Pearce Joins Futuristic Love Story ‘Equals’ With Kristen Stewart, Nicholas Hoult
- We Got This Covered: Guy Pearce Will Be Equals With Kristen Stewart And Nicholas Hoult
- The Wrap: Guy Pearce Joins Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult in Futuristic Film ‘The Equals’
- Badass Digest: Badass Giveaway: Win Two Tickets To The LA Premiere Of THE ROVER!
The Rover stars Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce are joined by director David Michôd in a new featurette, which takes fans behind-the-scenes of this upcoming drama. David Michôd reveals that he wrote the character of Eric specifically for Guy Pearce, who is relentlessly angry at how the world has evolved after the collapse of modern society 10 years prior. Robert Pattinson plays Rey, who is forced by Eric to help track down his former gang, with the actor revealing that his character has never had to think for himself before meeting Eric.