Fox Searchlight News
Michael Keaton's not-so-superheroAwards season officially begins today with the opening of the 71st Venice Film Festival, which in recent years has put the likes of Black Swan and Gravity on the launching pad with its prestigious first-night slot.
- Variety: Venice Film Review: ‘Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Birdman': Venice Review
- Deadline: Venice: ‘Birdman’ Soars To Raves In Seamless Festival Bow
- Deadline: Venice: ‘Birdman’s Michael Keaton Is “OK With The Elephant In The Room”
- Hollywood Reporter: Venice: Why 'Birdman' Could Not Have Been Made Without Michael Keaton
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Birdman' Debuts at Venice to Rave Reviews: "Savagely Sweet"
- The Wrap: ‘Birdman’ Venice Review: Michael Keaton as an Actor With Caped-Crusader Issues
- The Playlist: Venice Review: Alejandro González Iñárritu’s ‘Birdman’ With Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, Ed Norton & More
- HitFix: Review: Alejandro G. Iñárritu's 'Birdman' opens Venice with a sure-fire Oscar bet
- Variety: Michael Keaton Bursts Into Oscar Race with ‘Birdman’
- SlashFilm: Early Buzz: Alejandro González Inarritu and Michael Keaton Wow Audiences With ‘Birdman’
- ScreenRant: ‘Birdman’ Early Reviews Bring the Film Universal Praise
- Comic Book Movie: First BIRDMAN Reviews Soar To New Heights
James Gandolfini doesn't think very highly of Tom Hardy in a new clip from “The Drop,” an upcoming crime drama that features the late actor's final performance on the big screen. “I'm not the guy that wasted his entire life waiting for it to start,” Gandolfini tells Hardy's character in the clip (above). “At least I had something once. I was respected, I was feared.” See video: James Gandolfini Is Respected, Feared in Trailer for Final Film ‘The Drop’ The Sept. 12 release was directed by Michaël R.
- We Got This Covered: Peaky Blinders Returns To BBC Two With Tom Hardy
- The Playlist: First Images Of Tom Hardy In BBC Gangster Series 'Peaky Blinders'
- Twitch: THE DROP: New Clips And Images Reinforce A Tough Guy Tone
A new full-length trailer has arrived for Alejandro González Iñárritu’s black comedy, Birdman, in which Michael Keaton plays a washed-up superhero actor looking to recapture his glory days. As “Birdman”, Keaton’s character was a major movie star in days gone by, but since passing up on Birdman 4, things have pretty much dried up, career-wise.
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Birdman' Trailer: Michael Keaton Portrays a Movie Superhero Past His Prime (Video)
- IndieWire: Watch: New 'Birdman' Trailer Proves Michael Keaton is a God in Underpants
- USA Today: Michael Keaton's 'Birdman' trailer looks intriguing
- Vulture: The New Birdman Trailer Is Super Long and Super Great
- The Playlist: Watch: Walter Murch & Jon Favreau Talk Editing Of 'The Conversation,' 'Birdman,' 'Gravity' And More In 7-Minute Video
- JoBlo: Jon Favreau says Birdman has virtually no edits; new international trailer
- SlashFilm: Alejandro González Iñárritu’s ‘Birdman’ Has Almost No Cuts, According to Jon Favreau
This place is horrible. Smells like balls...If you love superheroes and Emma Stone, but still feel that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 didn't have enough of Edward Norton in very small underpants, then you're in luck. The new international trailer for Alejandro González Iñárritu's Birdman has just landed and it looks entirely bonkers.
- We Got This Covered: Michael Keaton Doesn’t Want To Be Misunderstood In Birdman Trailer
- Dark Horizons: Global Trailer: Michael Keaton Is "Birdman"
- Entertainment Weekly: Michael Keaton soars in new ‘Birdman’ trailer
- Comic Book Movie: BIRDMAN: Plenty Of New Footage In International Trailer
- Coming Soon: The International Trailer for Birdman, Starring Michael Keaton
- The Playlist: Watch: New International Trailer For Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's 'Birdman' Starring Michael Keaton & Emma Stone
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Extended International Trailer for Iñárritu's 'Birdman' Movie
- Twitch: Innaritu's BIRDMAN International Trailer Smells Like Balls. Glorious, Wonderful Balls.
- SlashFilm: ‘Birdman’ International Trailer: Michael Keaton Was a Superhero
- The Wrap: Michael Keaton's Life ‘Smells Like Balls’ in Full ‘Birdman’ Trailer (Video)
- MovieWeb: 'Birdman' International Trailer Channels Michael Keaton's Inner Batman
HitFix sat down with Michael Pitt and Steven Yeun to talk about their new film, "I Origins." Are there parallels in their characters' obsessions to their own methodology as actors?http://www.hitfix.com
- IndieWire: Review: Michael Pitt Goes Soul-Searching in 'I Origins'
- Twitch: Exclusive Interview: TWITCH Talks To Michael Pitt and Mike Cahill about I ORIGINS
- Entertainment Weekly: Casting Net: Zachary Quinto and Emma Roberts join ‘Michael’
- Moviefone: Jimmy Fallon Plays Catchphrase with Michael Strahan & Diane Kruger, Ben Falcone Talks Goth Melissa McCarthy in the Late Night Roundup (VIDEO)
- IndieWire: Michael Moore Announced as Speaker for 39th Toronto International Film Festival, Special Screening and More
- Moviefone: Michael Moore to Speak at 2014 Toronto Film Festival
- Hollywood Reporter: Michael Moore, Douglas Trumbull to Address Toronto Film Fest Industry Events
- Dark Horizons: Quinto, Roberts Join 'Ex Gay'-Themed "Michael"
- Variety: Michael Moore Returns to Toronto With ‘Roger & Me’s’ 25th Anniversary
- We Got This Covered: Zachary Quinto And Emma Roberts Join James Franco In Michael
- Coming Soon: CS Video: The Cast of Mike Cahill's I Origins
- The Playlist: Casting: James Franco, Emma Roberts & More Join Anti-Gay Priest Drama 'Michael,' Ben Kingsley Helps ‘Tut’ & More
The first trailer has arrived online for Wild, the adaptation of Cheryl Strayed’s remarkable memoir, starring Reese Witherspoon as the author’s on-screen counterpart. The film picks up with Strayed at a crisis point in her life, following the breakdown of her marriage and the death of her mother. Having lost all hope, she makes the drastically rash decision to hike more than 1000 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail… alone.
- Badass Digest: Reese Witherspoon Takes A Long Walk In The WILD Trailer
- Moviefone: The 'Wild' Trailer Forecasts Another Oscar for Reese Witherspoon (VIDEO)
- IndieWire: Watch: Reese Witherspoon Enters the Oscar Race With First Trailer for 'Wild'
- SlashFilm: ‘Wild’ Trailer: Reese Witherspoon Goes on an Extraordinary Journey
- Film School Rejects: ‘Wild’ Trailer: Reese Witherspoon, Heroin and the Great Outdoors
- Empire Magazine: First Trailer For Wild Online
The big three European festivals are Berlin, Cannes and Venice, and the openers for the first two of those lurched from the sublime to the ridiculous this year: Berlin nabbed Wes Anderson's "Grand Budapest Hotel" to kick off their fest, while Cannes was stuck with the clanging disaster of "Grace Of Monaco." Venice kept their pick under wraps until now, and fortunately, it should be closer Berlin's pick in terms of quality... The festival have announced that Alejandro G.
- Variety: Venice Film Festival To Open With Alejandro G. Inarritu’s ‘Birdman’
- Entertainment Weekly: Inarritu’s ‘Birdman,’ starring Michael Keaton, will open Venice Film Fest
- IndieWire: Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu's 'Birdman' To Open Venice Film Festival
- Cinema Blend: Michael Keaton's Birdman Will Open Venice Film Festival
- Hollywood Reporter: Venice Film Fest to Open With World Premiere of Alejandro Iñárritu's 'Birdman'
- Thompson on Hollywood: Venice Film Festival Opens With Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu's 'Birdman'
- The Wrap: ‘Birdman’ To Open Venice Film Festival
- HitFix: 'Birdman' with Michael Keaton to kick off Oscar season as 2014 Venice opener
- Deadline: Venice Fest Eyes Awards Season Perch With Alejandro González Iñárritu’s ‘Birdman’ Competing As Opener
- Twitch: Iñárritu's BIRDMAN To Open Venice
I ORIGINS follows a molecular biologist whose study of the human eye points to evidence with far reaching implications about our scientific and spiritual beliefs.
Dennis Lehane has been behind some of the best mysteries and thrillers of the past several years, as the author of Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone, and Shutter Island. But this fall’s The Drop marks his first time actually adapting his own work for the screen. Based on Lehane’s short story “Animal Rescue,” the crime drama follows two cousins (Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini) who run a Brooklyn bar that functions as a drop point for local gangsters. When the place is robbed, the pair find themselves at the center of events which spin out of their control.
- We Got This Covered: James Gandolfini And Tom Hardy’s The Drop Gets An Atmospheric New Trailer, Poster And Images
- Digital Spy: Tom Hardy stars with the late James Gandolfini in The Drop trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Tom Hardy in Another Outstanding UK Trailer for 'The Drop'
- MovieWeb: 'The Drop' International Trailer Starring Tom Hardy