You didn't think J.K. Rowling was going to be lured back into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter by Warner Bros. for just one more film, did you? Oh no no no no no... FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM isn't a planned one-off. In fact, there's an entire trilogy being laid out to keep that magical gravy train rolling for all involved who like money.... Read More...
- Moviefone: J.K. Rowling Has Already Written 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2'
- MovieWeb: J.K. Rowling Has Finished Fantastic Beasts 2 Script
- SlashFilm: ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2’ Has Already Been Written by J.K. Rowling
- Dark Horizons: "Fantastic Beasts" Sequel Already Penned
- Latino Review: Sequel For FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM Is Already Written
- ScreenRant: Fantastic Beasts Movie Sequel Has Already Been Written
The upcoming DOCTOR STRANGE has already put a few different spins on the comic characters that it's drawing from, such as the race and gender swapped Ancient One played by Tilda Swinton, and it looks as though Doctor Strange's trusty companion is due for an update as well. Benedict Wong is playing Wong in DOCTOR STRANGE, who, in the comics, plays more of a subservient role to... Read More...
- Vulture: Amid Concerns Of Orientalism, Benedict Wong Says His Doctor Strange Character Won't Be a 'Tea-Making Manservant'
- Latino Review: 'DOCTOR STRANGE': Benedict Wong on the Different Take of His Character
- SlashFilm: Benedict Wong’s ‘Doctor Strange’ Character Won’t Be “the Tea-Making Manservant”
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange: Benedict Wong On the Film’s Version of Wong
- MovieWeb: Doctor Strange Star Says Wong Is Much Different from the Comics
New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them' featurette introduces Newt Scamander and a few of his magical creatures.
- Cinema Blend: Fantastic Beasts Video Packs Tons Of New Footage, Looks Magical
- Entertainment Weekly: J.K. Rowling introduces her new hero in 'Fantastic Beasts' featurette
- MovieWeb: Fantastic Beasts Preview Introduces a New Wizarding World Hero
- Latino Review: New Featurette for 'FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM' Has Lots of New Footage
- ScreenRant: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them Promo Introduces Newt Scamander
- SlashFilm: ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ Featurette: Meet J.K. Rowling’s New Hero
- Comic Book Movie: Meet Newt Scamander In "A New Hero" Featurette For FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM
- Coming Soon: Glimpse Inside Newt’s Case in a Fantastic Beasts Featurette
- We Got This Covered: Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them Featurette Cracks Open Newt’s Mystical Briefcase
- AintItCool: J.K. Rowling explains FANTASTIC BEASTS in this new featurette!
- Entertainment Weekly: VidCon partners with Tyler Oakley to promote 'Fantastic Beasts' in live panel
- JoBlo: J.K. Rowling takes us behind the scenes in this Fantastic Beasts featurette
Details on Mads Mikkelsen role in DOCTOR STRANGE have been kept under wraps, but we do know that the actor has been cast as the film's main villain, who has been described as "a sorcerer who breaks off into his own sect." Now, thanks to Heroic Hollywood, we may finally know for sure who he's playing in the Marvel movie. Personally I don't think the identity of... Read More...
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange Toys Reveal Mads Mikkelsen’s Character
- IGN Movies: Doctor Strange: Marvel Minimates Reveal Identity of Villain
- Latino Review: Marvel Releases Synopsis for 'GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2' and 'DOCTOR STRANGE'
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange & Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Get New Plot Summaries
- JoBlo: Official synopsis for Doctor Strange sounds magically like what you'd expect
- SlashFilm: ‘Doctor Strange’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ Synopses Tease Old Foes, New Allies, and Everything in Between
Get a new look at Eddie Redmayne as magizoologist Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, in theaters this November.
- Coming Soon: New Fantastic Beasts Poster Featuring Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander
- Dark Horizons: Warners Unveils New "Fantastic Beasts" Poster
- Latino Review: New 'FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM' Poster Released Plus New Announcement Coming Soon
- Entertainment Weekly: Newt Scamander surveys New York in 'Fantastic Beasts' teaser poster
- Comic Book Movie: Stunning New Poster For FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM Teases A Big Announcement
- ScreenRant: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them Poster; New Announcement Soon
Each new release in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has produced a unique addition to the growing mega-franchise, and the upcoming Doctor Strange is no different.
- Cinema Blend: Why Mads Mikkelsen Doesn't View His Doctor Strange Character As A Villain
- Comic Book Movie: Mads Mikkelsen Teases "Different" DOCTOR STRANGE And The Identity Of His Mysterious Villain
- JoBlo: Mads Mikkelsen says Doctor Strange will bring a different flavor to the MCU
- We Got This Covered: Mads Mikkelsen Teases His Villainous Role In Marvel’s Doctor Strange
- Entertainment Weekly: Mads Mikkelsen teases 'Doctor Strange' details
- Latino Review: Mads Mikkelsen Says 'DOCTOR STRANGE' Flick is "Not as Different as the Books Are"
Why The Pressure Might Be Off On Ethnic Representation.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Warcraft' breaks box office records in China with $156 million gross
- Variety: Japan Box Office: ’64: Part 2′ Wins Weekend
- Deadline: ‘Warcraft’ Review: U.S. Dud Makes You Wonder What China Is Thinking
- Cinema Blend: Warcraft 2: 6 Improvements We'd Love To See Them Make With The Sequel
- HitFix: Director Duncan Jones discusses what makes Ben Foster's magic work in 'Warcraft'
A little over seven years ago, I got a stray email from someone I hadn’t talked to in five years. We had been friends since high school but drifted apart. In the short email she told me of a game she had recently gotten into, World of Warcraft, and that I should buy a copy and join her. I did as I was told, jumped into the world of Azeroth with both feet. I quickly found it to be an amazing, expansive world with a rich history.
- Cinema Blend: Why Jackie Chan Claims Warcraft’s Success In China Will Scare Americans
- Variety: 10 Reasons Why ‘Warcraft’ Opened Six Times Bigger in China Than in the U.S.
- Filmonic: A Few Clips and More from Warcraft
- The Wrap: ‘Warcraft’ Movie Is Openly Hostile to Non-Nerds (Commentary)
- FirstShowing.net: Sound Off: Duncan Jones' 'Warcraft' Movie - So What Did You Think?
- SlashFilm: The /Filmcast: Bonus Ep. – Warcraft
- Film School Rejects: Warcraft Review
Audiences opted for scares over orcs at the box office this weekend, as a trio of newcomers looked to leave their mark. Coming in first place is The Conjuring 2 (read our review), which brought in $40.3 million over its first three days. That’s in line with how the 2013 original debuted ($41.8 million), showing that there’s high interest in this burgeoning franchise. The latest horror flick from director James Wan was the beneficiary of a strong critical response, earning a reputation as one of the better sequels in the genre.
- JoBlo: Weekend Box Office Report: June 10-12, 2016
- Variety: China Box Office: ‘Warcraft’ Dominates Unusual Holiday Weekend
- Variety: Korea Box Office: ‘Jungle Book’ Beats ‘Warcraft’ For Weekend Top Spot
- HitFix: ‘Zootopia’ is king of the box office jungle. Can any 2016 animated movie take its crown?
- ScreenRant: The Jungle Book Hits $900 Million At Worldwide Box Office
- ScreenRant: Warcraft Reaches $145 Million At China Box Office In Record Time
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: WARCRAFT Struggles Stateside, But A Massive China Debut Could Open The Door To A Sequel
- Entertainment Weekly: 'Warcraft' breaks box office records in China with $156 million gross
The Conjuring was one of my favorite films of 2013 and remains a genuine contender for one of the best horror movies of the past decade. At the time, it felt like a summation of everything director James Wan had accomplished until that point: it was a clever crowdpleaser filled with scares, but it was also character-driven and classy, recalling an age where horror movies didn’t have to appeal to the lowest common denominator. The Conjuring 2 ranked high on my most anticipated films of 2016 list and my faith was not displaced.
- AintItCool: Quint's review of THE CONJURING 2, Or: Why James Wan is a gift to genre fans!
- Cinema Blend: Could The Conjuring 3 Be About Werewolves? Here's What James Wan Thinks
- ScreenRant: The Conjuring 2 Stars Explain How Furious 7 Changed James Wan
- IGN Movies: The Conjuring 2 Trounces Warcraft at Box Office
- Vulture: The Conjuring Frightens Away Warcraft at the Box Office
- Moviefone: How 'Conjuring 2' and 'Now You See Me 2' Bucked the Box Office's Sequel Fatigue
- Cinema Blend: The Conjuring 2 Breaks This Year's Sequel Curse, Posts Huge Number
- Long Island Newsday: 'The Conjuring 2' tops box office with $40.4 million
- Shock Till You Drop: THE CONJURING 2 Takes Box Office Top Spot
- Filmonic: Redefining Horror and a Few Clips from The Conjuring 2
- The Wrap: ‘The Conjuring 2’ Gains Ghostly Win With $16.4 Million at Friday Box Office
- The Wrap: ‘The Conjuring 2’ Summons Box Office Victory With $40.4 Million
- MovieWeb: Conjuring 2 Beats Warcraft at the Box Office with $40.3M
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office: 'The Conjuring 2' debut nearly doubles 'Now You See Me 2'
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'The Conjuring 2' Wards Off 'Warcraft' and 'Now You See Me 2'
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'The Conjuring 2' Scares Up #1 Finish Domestically; 'Warcraft' Goes Big Internationally
- Latino Review: 'THE CONJURING 2' Scares off the Competition in Its Opening Weekend with $40.4 Million