Dwayne Johnson News
Exploring a different look at the legend, Hercules offers a mix of action, laughter, and tragedy. This Hercules doesn't work alone; he's accompanied by a band of five companions. He's finished his infamous 12 Labors, and he's now become a mercenary taking gold for jobs. But, there's still room in his heart to be a good man once more. Played by Dwayne Johnson, a.k.a. The Rock, this Hercules is haunted by a grievous event in his past. He has to overcome that in order to help end a civil war in Thrace.
- Shockya: Dwayne Johnson Takes Hercules to Next Level in New Television Spot
- We Got This Covered: Hercules Review
- USA Today: Review: 'Hercules' hoists hefty action with some thought
- Hollywood Reporter: In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Lucy,' 'Hercules' and More
- Deadline: Box Office Late Nights: AMC Theater Issue Resolved – ‘Lucy’ Grabs $2.746M To Overpower ‘Hercules’ At $2.1M
- Vulture: Hercules Is Fun. It’s Also a Hot Mess.
- We Got This Covered: Exclusive Video Interview With Dwayne Johnson On Hercules
- Variety: ‘Lucy’ Scores $2.7 Mil, ‘Hercules’ Muscles Way to $2.1 Mil at Thursday Box Office
- Twitch: Review: HERCULES, A Pretty Good Hot Dog
- JoBlo: Review: Hercules
- The Wrap: Dwayne Johnson Blacked Out From His Own Intensity as ‘Hercules’ (Video)
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Lucy' to Beat Up 'Hercules' This Weekend
- The Wrap: ‘Hercules’ Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels Epic
- The Playlist: Review: 'Hercules' Starring Dwayne Johnson, Ian McShane And John Hurt
- Film School Rejects: ‘Hercules’ Review: No Gods, Reasonable Amounts of Glory
- Comic Book Movie: EXCLUSIVE IMAX Featurette For HERCULES Released
Dwayne Johnson once again gets to flaunt his WWE Superstar skills as he goes toe-to-toe with a legendary sea beast, the Hydra, in this fourth scene from Hercules. In order to ensure his demi-god status, the iconic muscle man of Greek myth must defeat this nasty multi-headed serpent. Only problem is, cut off one of its heads and two more grow back...If Dwayne Johnson can't kill it, no one can!Everyone knows the legend of Hercules and his twelve labors. Our story begins after the labors, and after the legend. Haunted by a sin from his past, Hercules has become a mercenary.
- Digital Spy: Dwayne Johnson takes on the Lernean Hydra in Hercules action scene
- Digital Spy: Kevin Sorbo: 'I should have had part in Dwayne Johnson Hercules movie'
- Comic Book Movie: Hail Hydra! New HERCULES Clip
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Hercules’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Hercules': Film Review
- Comic Book Movie: EXCLUSIVE: HERCULES - Official "Badass" TV Spot
We've long known that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is keen to take on a big role in the DC movie universe. Yet while rumours have long been circulating that he could play Lobo or Green Lantern, we're pretty darn sure we've just nabbed the exclusive on who he'll be playing. During a chat about all things Hercules (lots of amazing videos coming soon), we tried to nail down who he's playing.
- Comic Book Movie: SHAZAM! Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Teases His Role In The DC Cinematic Universe
- IGN Movies: Dwayne Johnson Teases Shazam Role
- Coming Soon: Dwayne Johnson Confirms DC Comics Role, Says Announcement Coming 'Very Soon'
- Bleeding Cool: Dwayne Johnson Comes ThisClose To Saying DC Is About To Announce A Shazam Movie With Him As The Star
- FirstShowing.net: Is Dwayne Johnson Set to Play Shazam for DC Comics Next Project?
- Cinema Blend: Dwayne Johnson Sort Of Admits He's Playing Shazam
- The Playlist: Watch: Dwayne Johnson Teases Playing Shazam, Plus New Clip From 'Hercules' (That Alan Moore Wants You To Boycott)
- MovieWeb: Dwayne Johnson Confirms He Is Captain Marvel in 'Shazam'?
- Digital Spy: Dwayne Johnson on the outcome of a Hercules vs Superman fight
- MovieWeb: Dwayne Johnson Blacked Out 8 Times Shooting Iconic 'Hercules' Scene
- Comic Book Movie: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson On HERCULES Vs. SUPERMAN; "I Would Whup His Ass!"
- MovieWeb: Dwayne Johnson Is Armed for Battle in a New 'Hercules' Featurette