Thanos is simply larger than life.Director James Gunn had a dilemma on bringing Thanos for an appearance in “Guardians of the Galaxy.” With Ronan the Accuser being the Guardians’ primary adversary, Thanos shouldn’t overshadow the villainous role in the film.“You’re setting up this gigantic character that, in one way, isn’t really a part of your movie,” he explained to Vulture. “His presence doesn’t really serve being in Guardians, and having Thanos be in that scene was more helpful to the Marvel universe than it was to Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Cinema Blend: Using Thanos Didn't Help Guardians Of The Galaxy, According To James Gunn
- Comic Book Movie: Writing Thanos Into GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Was A Challenge For James Gunn
- SlashFilm: LOL: James Gunn Figures Out Peter Quill’s Father In ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
- Screen Crush: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Director James Gunn Reveals Original "Awesome Mix Vol. 1"
- Cinema Blend: The 15 Songs Guardians Of The Galaxy Was Originally Planning To Use
- JoBlo: Marvel News: New Daredevil pic and James Gunn teases Star-Lord's father
- SlashFilm: James Gunn Reveals Original Pre-Production ‘Awesome Mix Vol. 1′
- MovieWeb: Did 'The Interview' Alter 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'?
- Collider: James Gunn Reveals Uncut AWESOME MIX: VOL. 1; Includes Cheap Trick and Three Dog Night
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Sandman, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Gotham, Spider-Woman
Another hour, another announcement that "Boyhood" won a critics award. This time, it's the Detroit Film Critics Society, which also jumped on the recent Rosamund Pike bandwagon. One of the few categories "Boyhood" lost in was the ensemble field, which apparently yielded a three-way tie.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Nightcrawler' Wins 7 San Diego Film Critics Prizes, Cotillard Takes Best Actress
- Hollywood Reporter: Toronto Film Critics Name 'Boyhood' Best Picture
- HitFix: Chicago critics board the 'Boyhood' bandwagon
- Variety: Italy’s Capri-Hollywood Fest To Fete ‘Boyhood’ Star Ellar Coltrane
Marvel Studios In the coming weeks, there will be a lot of data about what movie moments we loved. Heck, we’ll probably publish some of it. The Most Tweeted About Movie Moment. The Most Commented Upon Scene. The Most Mentioned, Hashtaged and @Replied. Plenty of data to tell us what we love. Yet while we love to see the data and see what we’ve been talking about all year, sometimes we movie lovers must look into our hearts and find those precious movie moments that we can’t get out of our heads.
This week: Michael Bay does Turtles, Woody Allen's misguided Moonlight, and a sensational second season of The Americans. âº Existing purely for nostalgia, the new TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES is exactly what you think a Michael Bay-produced TMNT movie would be: Cold, over-the-top, sterile to the point even kids might get bored. A CGI pillowcase... Read More...
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: New on DVD & Blu-Ray: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Maze Runner, The Skeleton Twins, and More
- Collider: New to Blu-ray: THE MAZE RUNNER, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, THE SKELETON TWINS, and More
- Comic Book Movie: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Blu-Ray Featurette Clip Tackles Motion Capture Process
- Comic Book Movie: GIVEAWAY: HUGE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE Toy Prize Package Up For Grabs!
Also announcing awards Sunday was the San Francisco Film Critics Circle. Staples of the season were awarded: Richard Linklater, Michael Keaton, Julianne Moore, Edward Norton, Patricia Arquette, etc. And "Boyhood" was crowned the year's best film.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Hollywood Reporter: San Francisco Film Critics Name 'Boyhood' Best Picture
- Vulture: Boyhood Wins San Francisco Film Critics’ Top Honors
- Variety: S.F. Critics Name ‘Boyhood’ Best Film of 2014
- Vulture: The Toughest Scene I Wrote: Richard Linklater on Boyhood’s Saddest Moment
- The Playlist: Watch: 6-Minute Look At The Best 10 Films Of 2014 (That Aren't 'Boyhood')
Everyone has assumed that, at some point towards the end of this current Marvel Cinematic Universe, the paths of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers would cross. Yes, one superhero team is busy protecting Earth, and the other occupied in outer space, it makes too much sense to not have them meet up in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ right? Never mind the “it makes sense” part, we just really want this to happen. Well, we might never happen according to ‘Guardians’ director James Gunn who warns fans about making such assumptions. Continue reading…
- JoBlo: James Gunn says don't expect a Guardians of the Galaxy/Avengers crossover
- MovieWeb: Will 'Avengers' Crossover with 'Guardians of the Galaxy'?
- ScreenRant: James Gunn Nixes ‘Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy’ Crossover?
- Cinema Blend: Stop Expecting Guardians Of The Galaxy And Avengers To Cross Over
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Parental Guidance: Exodus: Gods and Kings, Plus Guardians of the Galaxy on DVD
- Vulture: Chris Pratt Babbles Like an Idiot in the Guardians of the Galaxy Blooper Reel
- Comic Book Movie: An AVENGERS/GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Crossover? Not So Fast...
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Ant-Man, Arrow, The Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Agent Carter, Doctor Strange
- Comic Book Movie: "Take My Hand, Peter" Concept Art From GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
- SlashFilm: Watch the ‘Guardians of The Galaxy’ Blooper Reel
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: A Spider-Man/Carnage Team-Up? First Look At AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #8
Welcome to Screen Rant’s “Geek Picks,” where we collect the finest movie-related geekery from around the Web.
- Cinema Blend: Watch Marvel Get A Big Middle Finger In This Guardians Of The Galaxy Honest Trailer
- Digital Spy: Guardians of the Galaxy gets the honest trailer treatment
- SlashFilm: Watch the Honest Trailer for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy:’ “They’re the Space Avengers”
- Bleeding Cool: Honest Trailer For Guardians Of The Galaxy
- MTV Movies Blog: The ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Are Really Just The Space Avengers, And This Honest Trailer Proves It
- Cinema Blend: This Week In Home Entertainment: Guardians Of The Galaxy And More
- ScreenRant: Michael Rooker Talks Yondu’s Role in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
- Comic Book Movie: GIVEAWAY: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Pinball Game (Xbox Codes) & Signed Poster
- MovieWeb: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' May Bring Yondu Back to Earth
- FirstShowing.net: 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' 'Frozen' & More Get 2015 Grammy Noms
- SlashFilm: Superhero Bits: Batman, The Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Stan Lee, Batkid, Deadshot
- USA Today: 'Guardians' are basically just 'Space Avengers'
2014 has been the year of Boyhood, Richard Linklater‘s 12-years in the making chronicle of a Texas family. The film debuted to great praise at Sundance back in January, and twelve months later it is causing a stir as critics groups in Boston and Los Angeles hand it several awards. (Including a well-deserved Best Actress win for Patricia Arquette from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association.) The film hits digital HD today, and will be on DVD and Blu in January.
- USA Today: Watch 12 years of filming 'Boyhood' in 11 minutes
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: 2014 NYFCO Awards: Birdman and Boyhood Lead the Pack
- Deadline: SAG Awards Nominations: ‘Birdman’ & ‘Boyhood’ Lead Film Side, HBO & ‘Modern Family’ Rule TV – Full List
- Thompson on Hollywood: How They Made 'Boyhood' Across 12 Years and 100 Hours of Footage
- Entertainment Weekly: SAG nominations: Big day for ‘Boyhood,’ ‘Birdman,’ and Aniston
- HitFix: Ethan Hawke on 'Boyhood' awards success: 'I feel like we crashed the party'
Typically the American Film Institute honors ten American movies each year. This year they’ve made the highly unusual decision to honor eleven. I guess there were so many options this year, they couldn’t winnow it down to ten. It’s a cop-out if you ask me, but you didn’t ask me and neither did the AFI, and they picked the following ten 11 best movies of 2014: Continue reading…
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: AFI Releases Top Film and Television Honorees of 2014
- AintItCool: The AFI’s Top 11!! INTERSTELLAR, NIGHTCRAWLER And BOYHOOD Made The List!!
- Dark Horizons: AFI Announces 2014 Top 10 Films & Shows
- The Playlist: AFI Names 11 Best Films & 10 Best TV Shows Of 2014
- FirstShowing.net: AFI Names 'Boyhood,' 'Interstellar' & More as the Top Films of 2014
- Collider: AFI Announces Top Films and TV Shows of the Year; Includes NIGHTCRAWLER, SELMA, and SILICON VALLEY
Hopefully "Boyhood" isn't getting tired of the kudos just yet, because more are on the way. Today, a unique one from the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, which has announced that the film's stars Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette will share in this year's American Riviera Award.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Hollywood Reporter: Santa Barbara Film Fest: Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette to Share Honor for 'Boyhood'
- Deadline: ‘Boyhood’ Stars Patricia Arquette & Ethan Hawke Set For Santa Barbara Honor
- Variety: ‘Boyhood’ Stars Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke to Receive Award at Santa Barbara Film Fest
- The Wrap: ‘Boyhood’ Stars Patricia Arquette and Ethan Hawke to be Honored by Santa Barbara Festival
- Thompson on Hollywood: Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette Win Santa Barbara's American Riviera Award
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: Behind the 12-Year Making of 'Boyhood,' with Linklater, Hawke and Arquette