During the 2000s, the Harry Potter film franchise was one of Warner Bros.’ most reliable cash cows, bringing in $7.7 billion collectively at the worldwide box office. Given the tremendous success the studio has had with the property, it shouldn’t come as any surprise that they are in the midst of bringing it back with the spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Set in 1920s New York, the movie tells the tale of Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne), who has to track down some magical creatures he lost during his visit to the Big Apple.
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ Eyes $75 Million Opening
- Deadline: Putting ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Opening Projections In Perspective
- Hollywood Reporter: J.K. Rowling's 'Fantastic Beasts' Tracking for $75M U.S. Debut
- Dark Horizons: News Bits: Heart, Weekend, Office, BMX
- Coming Soon: Found: IMAX Poster for Fantastic Beasts!
- Bleeding Cool: Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them Gets A TV Spot To Warn Us About The Shadow
- SlashFilm: New ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ TV Spot Promises Magical Monsters, But Not Necessarily Their Location
- Screen Crush: A New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' TV Spot Shows Off Those Fantastic Beasts
- ScreenRant: Fantastic Beasts Movie Screenplay is Being Published
A 2017 Nissan Rogue gets caught up in the battle between the Empire and the Rebels in an action-packed new Star Wars commercial.
- Cinema Blend: New Star Wars: Rogue One Standees Reveal Secret Messages
- MovieWeb: Rogue One IMAX Standee Reveals Secret Star Wars Messages
- Comic Book Movie: New IMAX Standee For ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Contains Some Hidden Messages
- Vulture: Donald Glover Speaks About Star Wars Role for the First Time
- We Got This Covered: Star Wars: Episode VIII May Introduce Us To “Executioner” Stormtroopers
- Dark Horizons: “Star Wars”: Lando, Krennic & The Executioner
- Moviefone: 'Star Wars' Actors React to Being New Han Solo & Lando Calrissian
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ May Introduce Executioner Stormtroopers
- HitFix: Everyone relax: we'll DEFINITELY learn Rey's parentage in 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- Screen Crush: Rumor: We May See Executioner Stormtrooper in 'Star Wars Episode VIII'
- SlashFilm: Theme Park Bits: A New ‘Ghostbusters’ Ride, ‘Star Wars’ Goes to Disneyland Paris, and Universal Studios Doubles Down on ‘Minions’
- ScreenRant: Star Wars: Alden Ehrenreich on his ‘Surreal’ Career & Playing Han Solo
The Incredibles turns 12 years old next week, which means we're just a week away from celebrating the 12-year anniversary of people begging for a sequel. Writer-director Brad Bird spent a decade breaking fans' hearts by offering no news on a follow-up film, only to finally have The Incredibles 2 confirmed by Disney CEO Bob Iger in March of 2014. Another year went by with no hard details until Pixar finally announced a release date of June 21, 2019. Hurray, right?...Read MoreRead Comments
- ScreenRant: The Incredibles 2 is Coming A Year Sooner; Toy Story 4 Delayed
- Vulture: Incredibles 2 Hits Theaters a Year Early, Toy Story 4 Pushed Back to 2019
- The Wrap: ‘Toy Story 4,’ ‘Incredibles 2’ Swap Release Dates
- Screen Crush: Pixar Is Swapping Release Dates for 'Incredibles 2' and 'Toy Story 4'
- SlashFilm: ‘Toy Story 4’ Delayed Again, ‘The Incredibles 2’ Moved Up
- Comic Book Movie: Pixar's THE INCREDIBLES Sequel Moves Up To Summer 2018
- Latino Review: INCREDIBLES 2 Gets Pushed Up A Year, TOY STORY 4 Pushed Back
- JoBlo: Incredible! The Incredibles 2 to be released a year earlier
- MovieWeb: Incredibles 2 Is Coming Early, Toy Story 4 Release Date Gets Delayed
- Filmonic: Disney Swaps Toy Story 4 and The Incredibles 2 Release Dates
Back in January, we were caught by surprise when J.J. Abrams' Valencia was revealed to be 10 Cloverfield Lane. The producer described it as a "blood relative" of his alien-invasion movie Cloverfield. Without spoiling what happens in the thriller, directed by Dan Trachtenberg, it's safe to say that its mysterious connection to the original added a delightful and very intriguing layer. Even before 10 Cloverfield Lane was released in March, Abrams told Fandango: "A...Read MoreRead Comments
- Cinema Blend: J.J. Abrams' Mysterious God Particle Could Somehow Be The Next Cloverfield Movie
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: J.J. Abrams’ God Particle will be another Cloverfield movie
- IndieWire: ‘Cloverfield 3’ Being Secretly Produced as J.J. Abrams’ ‘God Particle’ — Report
- JoBlo: Surprise! J.J. Abrams' God Particle will have Cloverfield connections
- ScreenRant: Cloverfield Universe in Development; JJ Abrams’ God Particle Connected
- Screen Crush: J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Will Be the Third 'Cloverfield' Film
- IGN Movies: Abrams' God Particle is Actually Cloverfield 3
- Bleeding Cool: Cloverfield Franchise Is Getting A Shared Universe With God Particle Third In The Series
- Latino Review: HOT RUMOR: GOD PARTICLE Will Be The Third Film Set In The CLOVERFIELD Universe!
- Comic Book Movie: The J.J. Abrams-Produced Sci-Fi Flick GOD PARTICLE Will Be The Next Film In The CLOVERFIELD Series
- Dark Horizons: “God Particle” Is Third “Cloverfield”
- Badass Digest: The Mystery Box Opens: GOD PARTICLE Is Definitely A CLOVERFIELD Movie
- Vulture: God Particle Will Reportedly Be the Next Cloverfield Movie, Though Almost Certainly With a Different Name
- Moviefone: 'God Particle' Is Third 'Cloverfield' Movie, With Many More to Come
- Coming Soon: Bad Robot’s God Particle Revealed as Next Cloverfield Movie
- We Got This Covered: Julius Onah’s God Particle Has Been Cloverfield 3 All Along
- SlashFilm: ‘God Particle’ is ‘Cloverfield 3’
Sausage Party (coming to Blu-ray and DVD on November 8) is already a success, having pulled in $135 million worldwide on a budget of just $19 million, not to mentions an 83% on Rotten Tomatoes. But that’s not enough for Sony Pictures, writers Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, and directors Conrad Vernon & Greg Tiernan. No, they’re looking to get some awards love as well. Find out about the Sausage Party Oscars campaign after the jump. The Hollywood Reporter has learned Sony Pictures plans to make a run for some awards this season for their raunchy animated comedy Sausage Party.
A new report claims that director Tim Miller disagreed with the budget for Deadpool 2 before he left, but another source claims that's not true.
- The Wrap: Inside the ‘Deadpool 2’ Fight Over ‘Two Totally Different Movies’ (Exclusive)
- Dark Horizons: Was The “Deadpool 2” Budget To Blame?
- Latino Review: 5 Directors We Want To See Helm DEADPOOL 2
- Screen Crush: 'Deadpool 2' Creative Differences Were Over Two Completely Different Ideas for the Sequel
- SlashFilm: ‘Deadpool 2’: What Creative Differences Led To Director Tim Miller’s Exit?
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2: Conflicting Reports Emerge Over Tim Miller’s Departure as Director
- Comic Book Movie: Tim Miller Reportedly Wanted To Spend Upwards Of $150 Million On DEADPOOL Sequel
- Latino Review: DEADPOOL 2 Blowout: A Tale Of Two Totally Different Movies
It is no exaggeration to say that few comic book movies have achieved the special kind of success that Fox found with Deadpool. This isn’t just because the film grossed record-breaking totals or that it employed a unique and often hilarious promotional campaign in the months and weeks leading up to the movie’s release. Rather, Deadpool brought with it an R-rating and a disposition that refused to take itself too seriously. The end result was a movie that stayed true to the comic book anti-hero that fans know and love.
- Latino Review: DEADPOOL 2: Fan Has Terrible Idea To Lock Down Quentin Tarantino To Direct, Creates Petition
- Screen Crush: Petition Launched for Quentin Tarantino to Direct 'Deadpool 2' After Tim Miller's Exit
- The Wrap: Tim Miller’s ‘Deadpool 2’ Exit Sparks Petition for Quentin Tarantino to Direct Sequel
- MovieWeb: Fans Want Quentin Tarantino to Direct Deadpool 2
- Twitch: Have Your Say: Who Would Be A Good Fit For Directing DEADPOOL 2?
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story could prove to be the first in a long line of Star Wars “Anthology” films that are not part of the franchise’s central storyline (which continues in 2017 with Star Wars: Episode VIII). A second Star Wars spinoff is already moving forward in the form of directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s Han Solo movie, featuring Alden Ehrenreich (Hail, Caesar!) and Donald Glover (Atlanta) as a young Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, respectively.
- Comic Book Movie: Jyn Erso, Orson Krennic And K-2SO Feature In These New ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Images
- Cinema Blend: Why Filming With Darth Vader Led Rogue One To A Funny Interruption
- SlashFilm: ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Score Forced Michael Giacchino to Work on His Birthday
- IGN Movies: Star Wars Rebels: New Clip Shows Sabine Cornered!
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Wars Episode 8’ Will Reveal the Truth About Rey’s Parentage
- Comic Book Movie: Daisy Ridley Debunks Fan Theory Regarding Rey's Parentage In STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII
You know what? I feel that George Lucas is paradoxically not given enough credit for his contributions to pop-culture, while at the same time given way too much credit. Thing is, projects like STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES were definitely his babies, and he was a driving force in what makes them so great - from the stories, to the characters, to the tone, to the... Read More...
- Screen Crush: George Lucas Isn't Involved With the 'Indiana Jones 5' Story
- SlashFilm: Thank The Maker! George Lucas Not Involved With ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Story
- ScreenRant: Indiana Jones 5: George Lucas Is Not Involved With Story
- Latino Review: INDIANA JONES 5: Writer David Koepp Says George Lucas Isn’t Involved, Discusses Lessons Learned From CRYSTAL SKULL
- MovieWeb: George Lucas Won't Return for Indiana Jones 5
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 director James Gunn shares his thoughts about Tim Miller's surprise departure from Deadpool 2.
- Bleeding Cool: James Gunn Is Bummed Out That Tim Miller Left Deadpool
- Bleeding Cool: Director Tim Miller Has Left Deadpool 2 After Alleged Creative Clashes With Ryan Reynolds
- ScreenRant: James Gunn ‘Bummed’ About Deadpool Director Departure
- Comic Book Movie: Tim Miller Left Deadpool 2 Over The Casting Of Cable
- Cinema Blend: Deadpool Fans Are Campaigning For An Oscar Award Winning Director To Replace Tim Miller
- The Wrap: ‘Deadpool 2’ Drama: Here’s What Ryan Reynolds and Director Tim Miller Clashed Over (Exclusive)
- SlashFilm: ‘Deadpool 2’ Loses Director Tim Miller
- Screen Crush: 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2'
- Comic Book Movie: Director Tim Miller Departs From DEADPOOL 2 Due To Creative Differences
- Latino Review: UPDATE 2: DEADPOOL 2 - Director Tim Miller Leaves Project Over Creative Differences With Star Ryan Reynolds
- Filmonic: Director Tim Miller Won’t Be Back for Deadpool 2 After All
- JoBlo: Tim Miller leaves Deadpool 2; issues over casting believed to be a reason
- Moviefone: 'Deadpool 2' Director Exits After Clash With Ryan Reynolds (Over Kyle Chandler?)
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2 Director Exits Over Creative Differences with Ryan Reynolds
- MovieWeb: Deadpool 2 Loses Director Over Creative Differences with Ryan Reynolds
- ScreenRant: Report: Deadpool Director & Ryan Reynolds Disagreed on Cable Casting
- MovieWeb: Deadpool 2 Director Disagreed with Ryan Reynolds on Cable Casting
- Latino Review: DEADPOOL 2: Fan Has Terrible Idea To Lock Down Quentin Tarantino To Direct, Creates Petition