It's the hope of Cary Fukunaga that despite BEASTS OF NO NATION being released on Netflix, people will still make the effort to see it and films like it in theaters; however he also acknowledged that the Netflix release will allow more people to see the movie than if it were given a traditional platform release. Yesterday at the Tribeca Film Festival, the director sat down with former Focus CEO James... Read More...
- IndieWire: Tribeca: Cary Fukunaga On 'True Detective,' Netflix's 'Beasts of No Nation' Release, and Stephen King's 'It'
- The Playlist: Tribeca: Cary Fukunaga Talks ‘True Detective,’ Horror Flick ‘It,’ And Releasing ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ On Netflix
- Hollywood Reporter: Tribeca: Director Cary Fukunaga Says Movie Fans Are "As Responsible for the Death of Cinema as the People Who Make It"
Hugh Jackman will be starring in at least one more Wolverine solo movie (tentatively referred to as Wolverine 3), before he’s done playing Logan in the X-Men movie franchise.
- Coming Soon: Screenwriter Michael Green Set to Pen Third Wolverine Movie
- Dark Horizons: Michael Green To Pen Third "Wolverine"
- The Wrap: Hugh Jackman’s ‘Wolverine’ Lands ‘Blade Runner 2’ Writer Michael Green (Exclusive)
- SlashFilm: ‘The Wolverine’ Sequel Recruits Screenwriter Michael Green
- Latino Review: 'Blade Runner 2' Scribe Michael Green To Pen 'Wolverine 2' For Fox
- Deadline: Christian Bale Knee Injury Means ‘The Deep Blue Good-by’ Will Follow ‘Wolverine 3′
- Comic Book Movie: THE WOLVERINE Sequel Lands BLADE RUNNER 2 And GREEN LANTERN Writer
- Cinema Blend: The Wolverine Sequel May Have Found Its Writer
Daredevil star Charlie Cox has been talking about his desire to see the superhero back up on the big-screen, either in his own movie, or as part of Captain America: Civil War. The show – which is currently streaming on Netflix – has just been renewed for a second season, so Matt Murdock won’t be leaving TV anytime soon. But Cox says a standalone movie definitely appeals. “Yeah that would be awesome – I’d love to do that” he revealed.
- We Got This Covered: Charlie Cox Says Season Two Of Daredevil Will Arrive In April 2016
- Coming Soon: Charlie Cox Shares Wishes for Season 2 of Marvel’s Daredevil
- Dark Horizons: Charlie Cox Talks "Daredevil" Season 2
- Comic Book Movie: Charlie Cox Talks DAREDEVIL Season Two, THE DEFENDERS, 'Bullseye', 'Elektra', And More
- Empire Magazine: Exclusive: Charlie Cox Talks Daredevil Season Two
- Comic Book Movie: DAREDEVIL: More From Charlie Cox On Season 2, Joining The MCU, & The Ben Affleck Movie
- Empire Magazine: Podcast #157: Paul Bettany, Charlie Cox
- Empire Magazine: Podcast #158: Paul Bettany, Charlie Cox
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Season Two of Marvel's Daredevil Will Have New Showrunners
- JoBlo: TV Review: Marvel's Daredevil - Season 1 Ep 11 "The Path of the Righteous"
Sony Pictures has signed a five-film deal with independent comic publisher Valiant Entertainment to bring Bloodshot and Harbinger to the silver screen. According to The Hollywood Reporter, both comic properties will receive two films each before an Avengers-style fifth movie called Harbinger Wars will unite the casts from the previous four films. Continue reading…
- Cinema Blend: Bloodshot And Harbinger Are Getting Their Own Shared Universe In Comic Team-Up
- Entertainment Weekly: Sony has five-film plan for 'Bloodshot,' 'Harbinger' comic books
- ScreenRant: ‘John Wick’ Directors to Helm ‘Bloodshot’ Comic Book Film Adaptation
- Empire Magazine: John Wick's Directors Take Aim At Bloodshot
This will probably come as no surprise to anyone, but Netflix has gone ahead and ordered a second season of Marvel’s Daredevil to run in 2016. But there will be one major change. Prior commitments will keep Steven S. DeKnight from returning for season two, so the show will be run by Doug Petrie (American Horror Story) and Marco Ramirez (Sons of Anarchy) who worked on season one.
- Deadline: Netflix Picks Up ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ For Second Season With New Showrunners
- Coming Soon: Marvel’s Daredevil Season Two Heads to Netflix in 2016!
- IndieWire: 'Daredevil' Gets Season 2 From Netflix, Plus New Showrunners
- We Got This Covered: Netflix Orders Second Season Of Daredevil For 2016
- Dark Horizons: Netflix Renews "Daredevil" For 2016
- Chud: Netflix’s Second Season of ‘Daredevil’ to Get New Showrunners
- Vulture: Netflix Orders Second Helping of Marvel’s Daredevil
- Coming Soon: Marvel’s Daredevil Season Two Heads to Netflix in 2016!
- AintItCool: AICN COMICS Reviews: DAREDEVIL Netflix Series! THE PHANTOM! CONVERGENCE! ARCHIE VS. PREDATOR!
- The Playlist: Netflix Renews 'Daredevil' For Season 2, But Showrunner Steven DeKnight Departs
- Latino Review: Netflix 'Daredevil' Picked Up For 2nd Season!
- JoBlo: Netflix picks up Daredevil for a second season with new showrunners
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘Daredevil’ Season Two Is Coming To Netflix Next Year, And Here’s What We Need To See
- Variety: ‘Daredevil’ Returning for Second Season with New Showrunners
- Vulture: Daredevil Recap: The Devil Walks Among Us
- Badass Digest: DAREDEVIL To Get A Second Season With New Showrunners
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Daredevil Earns Second-Season Renewal
- AintItCool: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Writer Doug Petrie Taking Over DAREDEVIL!!
- SlashFilm: ‘Daredevil’ Renewed for Season 2 With New Showrunners
- IGN Movies: Daredevil Renewed for Season 2 But with New Showrunners
- Comic Book Movie: DAREDEVIL Will Return For A Second Season In 2016; But Without Steven DeKnight
- Empire Magazine: Daredevil Will Return For Season Two
- JoBlo: TV Review: Marvel's Daredevil - Season 1 Episode 9 "Speak of the Devil"
'We're trying to write him a kick-ass role!'Since the news broke that Simon Pegg would be taking over co-scripting duties on the third new Star Trek film – currently rumoured as Star Trek Beyond, but with no official confirmation on that – the man who is also Scotty in front of the camera has been talking about his plans.
- AintItCool: Simon Pegg Discusses The Third STAR TREK Movie, Idris Elba, And More!!
- JoBlo: Simon Pegg is writing a "kick-ass" role for Idris Elba in Star Trek 3
- Latino Review: Simon Pegg Talks Idris Elba's 'Star Trek 3' Role
- AintItCool: STAR TREK BEYOND's the name, going way out there is the game! Maybe.
- Coming Soon: Does the Next Star Trek Movie Have a Title?
- USA Today: Leonard Nimoy: Respects coming in 'Star Trek 3'
- Cinema Blend: Star Trek 3 May Have An Actual Non-Star Trek 3 Title
- We Got This Covered: Star Trek 3 May Be Titled Star Trek Beyond
- Badass Digest: STAR TREK 3 Could Be STAR TREK BEYOND
- SlashFilm: ‘Star Trek 3′ Likely Titled ‘Star Trek Beyond’
- Comic Book Movie: It Looks Like The Third STAR TREK Movie Has A Title
- JoBlo: Rumor: Justin Lin's Star Trek 3 titled Star Trek Beyond
- Screen Crush: 'Star Trek 3' Is Reportedly Titled 'Star Trek Beyond'
Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds) has been cast in AMC’s upcoming comic adaptation Preacher. She is set to play Vyla Quinncannon the owner of the local slaughterhouse in Annville. The genteel and formidable businesswoman has past connections to the father of lead Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper) that gives her a hold over him. The series is being produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg based on the comics by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillion.
- Comic Book Movie: WEEDS' Elizabeth Perkins Joins The Cast Of PREACHER
- JoBlo: Weeds' Elizabeth Perkins joins Dominic Cooper in AMC's Preacher
- Horror-Movies.ca: Dominic Cooper to Play Jesse Custer in ‘Preacher’ Series
So the story here is seemingly writer-producer Simon Kinberg's revelation that X-Men: Apocalypse won't be a mere sequel, but something that completely alters the X-Men Cinematic Universe over at Fox. However, for this story, I'm going to seize on another aspect of what he says in this interview. Check it out below, then join me after it to see what I found most notable.
- ScreenRant: Simon Kinberg: How ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Will Change the Universe
- Dark Horizons: "X-Men: Apocalypse" To Change Its Universe
- Empire Magazine: Lucas Till's Havok Returning For X-Men: Apocalypse
- MovieWeb: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Will Change the Franchise's Universe
- Cinema Blend: Anna Paquin Will Play Rogue In X-Men Again On One Condition
- MovieWeb: 'X-Men': Anna Paquin Wants to Play Rogue Again
According to Variety Warner Bros. Studios and director Michelle MacLaren parted ways on the film adaptation of DC's Wonder Woman solo film. McLaren left the project due to creative differences. Insider sources say that MacLaren's vision for Wonder Woman was an origin story akin to 'Braveheart' filled with war and epic battles.It strayed away from Warner Bros.
- SlashFilm: ‘Wonder Woman’ Director Shakeup: What Happened With Michelle MacLaren?
- Dark Horizons: New Details On Maclaren's "Wonder Woman"
- MovieWeb: 'Wonder Woman': Original Director Wanted 'Braveheart' Type Movie
- ScreenRant: ‘Wonder Woman’: Former ‘Steve Trevor’ Actor Shortlist Revealed?
- MovieWeb: 'Wonder Woman' Won't Have Scott Eastwood as Steve Trevor?
Ben Stiller officially announced Friday viaÂ Instagram andÂ Twitter that Penelope Cruz will appearÂ inÂ Zoolander 2.Â Cruzâs character has not been revealed.Â The sequelÂ to the 2001 reunites Stiller with original cast membersÂ Owen Wilson,Â ...
- Deadline: Ben Stiller Confirms Penelope Cruz In ‘Zoolander 2′
- Digital Spy: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will star in Zoolander 2
- MovieWeb: Ben Stiller Confirms Penelope Cruz for 'Zoolander 2'
- Cinema Blend: Ben Stiller Confirms His Zoolander 2 Leading Lady With A Funny Photo
- Dark Horizons: Penelope Cruz Joins "Zoolander 2"
- Coming Soon: Ben Mendelsohn on the Rogue One Casting Rumors
- Digital Spy: Ben Mendelsohn on Rogue One casting rumours: "I would be thrilled"