Like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy before it, Doctor Strange was one of those movies that could revealed itself as the chink in the proverbial Marvel Studios armor. It was a property few mainstream audiences knew about, and it also threatened to tear down the very logic on which the Marvel Cinematic Universe was grounded in. Could they manage to incorporate magic and sorcery into this world with the likes of Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor without breaking it completely?
- ScreenRant: Benedict Cumberbatch Hopes Scott Derrickson Directs Doctor Strange 2
- Comic Book Movie: Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals His Pick For Director Of A Prospective DOCTOR STRANGE SequelBenedict Cumberbatch Reveals His Pick For Director Of A Prospective DOCTOR STRANGE Sequel
- Comic Book Movie: Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals His Pick To Direct A Prospective DOCTOR STRANGE SequelBenedict Cumberbatch Reveals His Pick To Direct A Prospective DOCTOR STRANGE Sequel
Scenes during and after the credits have become a regular thing in comic book movies. Some of them have simply been a bit of humor, such as the schwarma eating scene in The Avengers or dancing Baby Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy. Meanwhile, 20th Century Fox’s mutant universe has utilized post-credits scenes to set up the next movie on the studio’s X-Men slate – such as the introduction of En Sabah Nur in the after credits scene of X-Men: Days of Future Past, setting the stage for X-Men: Apocalypse. Deadpool of course had to do things its own way.
- We Got This Covered: Is Russell Crowe Interested In Playing Cable In Deadpool 2?
- Screen Crush: 'Deadpool' Comic Creator Has His Glowing Eye on Russell Crowe for 'Deadpool 2'
- Deadline: Publicists Guild Awards: ‘This Is Us’, ‘Deadpool’ Among Winners
- Variety: ‘Deadpool,’ ‘This Is Us’ Win Publicist Campaign Awards
- We Got This Covered: Deadpool 2 And New Mutants Expected To Be Released In 2018
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2 & New Mutants Look to Hit Theaters in 2018
Drew Goddard has stepped in to help Paul Wernick, Rhett Reese and Ryan Reynolds finish the script for Deadpool 2.
- We Got This Covered: Drew Goddard Will Take Over The Deadpool 2 Script
- JoBlo: Update: Drew Goddard writing Deadpool 2 script; Joe Carnahan penning X-Force
- ScreenRant: Deadpool 2: Drew Goddard Working on Script [Updated]
- Cinema Blend: Deadpool 2 Just Went Through Another Major Behind-The-Scenes Change
- Dark Horizons: Jackman: I’m Not Teaming With Deadpool
- The A.V. Club: Newswire: Hugh Jackman doesn’t want to play Wolverine in a Deadpool movie either
- We Got This Covered: Deadpool 2 Scribes Rhett Reese And Paul Wernick Still The “Heartbeat Of The Operation,” Says Ryan Reynolds
- Comic Book Movie: DAREDEVIL's Drew Goddard Is Working On The DEADPOOL 2 Screenplay With Ryan ReynoldsDAREDEVIL's Drew Goddard Is Working On The DEADPOOL 2 Screenplay With Ryan Reynolds
- Bleeding Cool: Merc With A Mouth, And Keyboard: How Many Fourth Walls Get Broken If Deadpool Writes His Own Movie?
- Bleeding Cool: Ryan Reynolds: Rhett Rees, Paul Wernick “Still Very Much Writing The Screenplay” For Deadpool 2
- ScreenRant: Hugh Jackman Shoots Down Possible Wolverine & Deadpool Team-Up
- Comic Book Movie: Ryan Reynolds Confirms Rhett Rheese And Paul Wernick Are Still Writing DEADPOOL 2Ryan Reynolds Confirms Rhett Rheese And Paul Wernick Are Still Writing DEADPOOL 2
- Latino Review: Deadpool 2: Drew Goddard Working On Rewrite For Superhero Sequel
Despite the crazy success that Deadpool was in the theaters — making over $750 million in its $58 million budget — Deadpool 2 didn’t get off to the most auspicious of starts. You’d expect that, on the heels of such an overwhelmingly positive response, the filmmakers would be holding hands and skipping through the daisies.
- MovieWeb: Deadpool 2 to Begin Shooting This Summer in Vancouver?
- JoBlo: Grab your chimichangas, because Deadpool 2 starts shooting real soon
- ScreenRant: Logan Promo with Deadpool May Be Arriving Soon
- ScreenRant: Jimmy Kimmel Wanted Deadpool to Get An Oscar Nomination
- Comic Book Movie: DEADPOOL 2: Kerry Washington Responds To The Rumor That She's In The Running For The Role Of DominoDEADPOOL 2: Kerry Washington Responds To The Rumor That She's In The Running For The Role Of Domino
- HitFix: Even The Oscars Host Thinks ‘Deadpool’ Should Have Been Nominated For Best Picture
DC and Warner Bros. are making the final marketing push for Wonder Woman ahead of its June 2 release date. The final trailer for the Patty Jenkins-directed film is expected to drop soon and details about the movie’s villain, which remain scarce, continue to trickle out.
- Bleeding Cool: Diana Is A Warrior On This Other ‘Wonder Woman’ Empire Cover
- We Got This Covered: Official Empire Cover Spotlights A Battle-Ready Wonder Woman
- Comic Book Movie: Empire Magazine's New WONDER WOMAN Cover Featuring Gal Gadot's Warrior Princess Officially ReleasedEmpire Magazine's New WONDER WOMAN Cover Featuring Gal Gadot's Warrior Princess Officially Released
Game of Thrones star Alfie Allen joins the growing cast of Shane Black's Predator reboot, as filming continues in Vancouver.
- Screen Crush: Shane Black's 'Predator' Targets 'Game of Thrones' Star Alfie Allen
- SlashFilm: Shane Black’s ‘Predator’ Casts ‘Game of Thrones’ Star Alfie Allen
- Comic Book Movie: Shane Black's THE PREDATOR Adds GAME OF THRONES Actor Alfie AllenShane Black's THE PREDATOR Adds GAME OF THRONES Actor Alfie Allen
- ScreenRant: The Predator Cast Adds Game of Thrones’ Alfie Allen
- SlashFilm: Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ Casts ‘Game of Thrones’ Villain Iwan Rheon
- Comic Book Movie: Marvel And ABC's THE INHUMANS Casts Former GAME OF THRONES Actor Iwan Rheon As MaximusMarvel And ABC's THE INHUMANS Casts Former GAME OF THRONES Actor Iwan Rheon As Maximus
- Film School Rejects: ‘Game of Thrones: The Musical’ is All That and a Bag of Hodor
- JoBlo: Game of Thrones' Iwan Rheon cast in lead role for Marvel & ABC's Inhumans
An exploration of what director Damien Chazelle is saying with the primary colors of his quintessential Hollywood love story.Continue reading on Film School Rejects »
- USA Today: 'La La Land': Go inside the epilogue
- Deadline: Costume Designers Guild Awards: ‘La La Land,’ ‘Hidden Figures’ & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners – Complete List
- Variety: ‘La La Land,’ ‘Doctor Strange,’ ‘The Crown’ Win Costume Designers Guild Awards
- IndieWire: ‘La La Land,’ ‘Hidden Figures,’ ‘Doctor Strange’ Win Costume Designer Awards
- Deadline: Location Managers Guild Nominate ‘Manchester By The Sea,’ ‘La La Land,’ ‘Hidden Figures,’ Others For Awards
- Screen Crush: Watch Damien Chazelle and the 'La La Land' Cast Rehearse That Big Opening Number in a Parking Lot
- The Wrap: ‘La La Land,’ ‘Hidden Figures,’ ‘Doctor Strange’ Win Costume Designers Guild Awards
- Horror Society: La Vida Loca Productions Releases New MAN VS MONSTERS Preview
- USA Today: Is 'La La Land's ending happy or sad? We're still debating
- The Wrap: Viacom CEO Heads to LA, Sets Interim Paramount Leadership After Brad Grey
We’ve known for some time that David Thewlis has a role in Wonder Woman, and we’ve also known that Ares is the villain of the film. Perhaps because new information has surfaced, or perhaps just due to process of elimination, Thewlis is now rumored to play Ares in the film. The rumor comes from Batman news themed Batman news site Batman-News.com, who have stepped out of their comfort zone to report on a non-Batman movie. The site claims that “multiple sources” tell them Thewlis will play the Greek god of war.
- Screen Crush: Rumor Has It This 'Harry Potter' Alum Will Play the 'Wonder Woman' Villain
- SlashFilm: ‘Wonder Woman’ Villain Will Be Played By David Thewlis
- IGN Movies: Wonder Woman Has Reportedly Cast Its Villain Ares
- We Got This Covered: The Actor That’ll Play Ares In Wonder Woman Has Been Revealed
- ScreenRant: Wonder Woman: Ares Actor Revealed by Test Screenings?
- Comic Book Movie: WONDER WOMAN Action Figure Reveals Ares' Terrifying Appearance In The Upcoming Movie
- ScreenRant: Wonder Woman Action Figure Reveals Ares’ Final Form
- Coming Soon: Wonder Woman Gets a New Empire Cover, Plus Villain Revealed?
- We Got This Covered: Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman Graces The Cover Of Empire Magazine
- MovieWeb: Wonder Woman: What We Know
- Comic Book Movie: Check Out A Stunning New Image Of Gal Gadot As WONDER WOMAN On The Latest Cover Of Empire Magazine
- Latino Review: WONDER WOMAN: This Actor Will Be Playing The Villain In DC’s Next Flick, And Here’s What He’ll Look Like
- Bleeding Cool: The ‘Wonder Woman’ Empire Cover Renews My Faith In Humanity
The past few days have seen some very interesting reveals come our way courtesy of the New York Toy Fair, and now we have a detailed look at the Dark Knight's new Batmobile in Zack Snyder's Justice League.
Samuel L. Jackson offers a pretty big hint that he will be back as Nick Fury in Captain Marvel.
- We Got This Covered: Samuel L. Jackson Open To Doing A Nick Fury Movie, May Be In Captain Marvel
- Cinema Blend: Will Nick Fury Be In Captain Marvel? Here’s What Samuel L. Jackson Says
- ScreenRant: Samuel L. Jackson Hints That Nick Fury Is In Captain Marvel
- Bleeding Cool: Samuel L. Jackson Talks Nick Fury Solo Film, Captain Marvel Appearance, Black Superhero Networking Problems
- MovieWeb: Why Isn't Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury in Black Panther?
- Comic Book Movie: Samuel L. Jackson Teases CAPTAIN MARVEL Appearance And Reveals Why He's Not In BLACK PANTHER
- Comic Book Movie: Malaysian Actress Raja Ilya Reveals That She Has A Role In An Upcoming Marvel Film - Is It CAPTAIN MARVEL?
- Screen Crush: Samuel L. Jackson on Not Being in 'Black Panther' and the Possibility of a 'Nick Fury' Movie
- HitFix: Sam Jackson Is Unhappy Nick Fury Was Left Out Of ‘Black Panther,’ But He’s Excited For That ‘Unbreakable’ Sequel