Apparently a new cast member has been listed as one of the stars for DOCTOR STRANGE. This comes in the form of Benjamin Bratt being listed among such ones as Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, and Rachel McAdams. Even though the actor is listed in the film, there is no indication or idea about who or what Bratt may be playing. For the most part, a majority of notable roles in the film have been filled.
- The Wrap: New ‘Doctor Strange’ Poster Reveals Benjamin Bratt Role – But Who Does He Play?
- Screen Crush: 'Doctor Strange' Curiously Adds Benjamin Bratt to the Cast
- Cinema Blend: The Action Superstar Who Inspired Mads Mikkelsen’s Doctor Strange Villain
- Film School Rejects: Hoping for an Extra Dose of Weird from Doctor Strange
- MovieWeb: Doctor Strange Will Introduce the Marvel Multiverse to the MCU
A first look at Justice League Dark has emerged online. Like previous first look videos in the DC Universe Animated line, it features cast and crew interviews, early animation tests and some completed footage to whet the appetites of those already interested in the range’s next release.
- We Got This Covered: Justice League Dark Featurette Reveals That Matt Ryan Will Return As Constantine
- MovieWeb: Justice League Dark Preview Teases New DC Animated Movie
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Justice League': 5 Key Moments from the Comic-Con Trailer
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '16 Trailer Battle: JUSTICE LEAGUE, DOCTOR STRANGE, WONDER WOMAN - What Won The Weekend?
- Comic Book Movie: Check Out Joseph Kahn's SWAMP THING Animation Test For The Planned DARK UNIVERSE Movie
Black Panther, King of the technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda, made his mighty cinematic debut in Captain America: Civil War. T’Challa (his birth name) is now stepping out to be the hero in his very own highly-anticipated solo film starring an impressive cast with Chadwick Bosemen as the titular character and Creed’s Michael B. Jordan as the villain Erik Killmonger.
- IGN Movies: Black Panther: Lupita Nyong’o Reveals Story, Villain Details
- Dark Horizons: First Details Of The "Black Panther" Film Story
- Screen Crush: 'Black Panther' Star Lupita Nyong'o Reveals First Plot Details For the Solo Film
- SlashFilm: Joss Whedon Would Return To Marvel For Theoretical ‘Black Widow’ Movie
- Entertainment Weekly: Lupita Nyong'o teases 'Black Panther' plot details
- MovieWeb: First Black Panther Story Details Revealed
- HitFix: Lupita Nyong’o spilled ‘Black Panther’ secrets she probably shouldn’t have at Comic-Con
- ScreenRant: Black Panther’s Michael B. Jordan Talks Shift From Hero To Villain
- Latino Review: Michael B. Jordan Talks Playing A Villain In BLACK PANTHER And Offers CREED 2 Update!
- Comic Book Movie: Michael B. Jordan Says There's No Ego Involved With His Decision To Play BLACK PANTHER's Villain
There were several great new trailers at Comic-Con last weekend, and while it’s hard to choose a clear winner, Wonder Woman comes pretty close. The first full trailer for the iconic hero’s solo film was packed with action and riveting imagery (like watching Gal Gadot pull a sword from the back of her fancy party dress), and gave us a real good look at the movie’s World War I setting. We still have a bit of a wait before Wonder Woman hits theaters, but if that trailer left you wanting more, we do have a new image from the film. Continue reading…
- We Got This Covered: 8 Awesome Moments From The Wonder Woman Comic-Con Trailer
- MovieWeb: Watch the Full Wonder Woman Panel from Comic-Con
- Comic Book Movie: Gal Gadot's Amazon Warrior Surveys The Carnage Of The Great War In A New WONDER WOMAN Image
- Latino Review: WONDER WOMAN: New Image From The Film Shows Heroine At War
- SlashFilm: ‘Wonder Woman’ Trailer Breakdown: A Frame by Frame Analysis of Gal Gadot Being a Badass
Following the premiere of Batman: The Killing Joke's release at SDCC, limited-screening from Fathom Events and release on VOD platforms, the animated features special features have leaked online and includes a sneak peek at the next WB Animation feature, Justice League Dark. It would appear the Justice League Dark's roster includes Zatanna, Etrigan the Demon, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Black Orchid, Boston Brand and...Batman(?). It also appears that the regular Justice League will appear as well so maybe Batman just functions as a liaison?
- Vulture: Did You Catch That Rick and Morty Easter Egg in the Justice League Trailer?
- We Got This Covered: 8 Awesome Moments From The Justice League Comic-Con Trailer
- Fandango Movie Blog: 'Wonder Woman,' 'Justice League' and 'Suicide Squad' Trailers Take Comic-Con by Storm
- MovieWeb: Justice League Unite in Epic Comic-Con Panel Video
- The Wrap: 25 Comic-Con Trailers Ranked, From ‘Justice League’ to ‘Game of Thrones’ (Videos)
- Bleeding Cool: The Justice League Trailer Energizes DC Fans At San Diego Comic-Con
- Comic Book Movie: JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Costumes Ranked From Worst To Best
Marvel’s Doctor Strange finished shooting in April and has already released two trailers, which makes it all the weirder that we’re just now learning that Benjamin Bratt appears in the film. And how we learned about his casting is even stranger: his name was listed with the main actors in the small print of the recent Doctor Strange movie poster that was released during Comic-Con 2016. Getting your name in the credit block on the theatrical one sheet typically means you have a big role in the movie.
- IGN Movies: Doctor Strange Poster Reveals Benjamin Bratt Casting
- ScreenRant: Benjamin Bratt Has A Role in Doctor Strange
- We Got This Covered: 8 Awesome Moments From The Doctor Strange Comic-Con Trailer
- Cinema Blend: A Surprise Doctor Strange Cast Member Has Just Been Revealed
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange Director Talks Stephen Strange & Baron Mordo Relationship
- HitFix: What's the problem with the Doctor Strange trailer?
- Bleeding Cool: For Fans, Faith in Marvel’s Movie Brand Overcomes Doubt About The Doctor Strange Trailer
- JoBlo: The Marvel Minute: Comic-Con, Hulk armor, Iron Fist, Doctor Strange & more!
- Comic Book Movie: DOCTOR STRANGE Trailer - Ten Things You Missed
Black Panther, the upcoming Marvel solo film, has been shrouded in mystery since it was first announced. Other than the post-credits scene in Captain America: Civil War that gave us a glimpse at Panther’s (Chadwick Boseman) secluded and technological homeland of Wakanda and a slew of casting details, we haven’t heard much concerning the actual plot.
- We Got This Covered: Black Panther: Lupita Nyong’o Talks Dora Milaje And Early Story Details
- Comic Book Movie: First BLACK PANTHER Story Details Revealed; Unexpected Team-Up And Two Villains Confirmed
- Cinema Blend: What Black Panther Will Be About, According To Lupita Nyong'o
- Latino Review: Marvel Comics Announces BLACK PANTHER: WORLD OF WAKANDA
- ScreenRant: Black Panther Director Says Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Comics Are An Influence
- ScreenRant: Chadwick Boseman Talks Black Panther’s Importance & Uniqueness
- Comic Book Movie: Chadwick Boseman Discusses How BLACK PANTHER Avoids Being A Stereotype
- Comic Book Movie: Joseph Gilgun On Playing Cassidy The Vampire On PREACHER; Drops Some Season 2 Plot Details
- Latino Review: Marvel's BLACK PANTHER Movie Will Feature Two Villains, And The C.I.A.?
On Saturday, Warner Bros. revealed the first footage from the upcoming Justice League to a packed audience at Comic-Con. And then it arrived online. It would be unfair to call this a trailer – it’s obviously been put together from a movie that isn’t close to being finished, focusing on simple dialogue scenes instead of the VFX shots and action beats you’d expect from this sort of thing. And yet, it still looks promising!
- Moviefone: First 'Wonder Woman' & 'Justice League' Trailers Wow Even DC Doubters
- We Got This Covered: Relive SDCC’s Fist-Pumping Justice League Trailer With Fresh Batch Of High-Res Screenshots
- Bleeding Cool: Will The Justice League Movie Energize DC’s Premiere Superteam On Screen?
- Bleeding Cool: Here Is How TV Flash Grant Gustin Reacts To The Justice League Flash Suit
- Comic Book Movie: Relive The Jaw-Dropping First Trailer For JUSTICE LEAGUE With Over 60 HD Screen Grabs
- Comic Book Movie: THE FLASH Actor Grant Gustin Reacts To His First Look At Ezra Miller's JUSTICE LEAGUE Costume
- Comic Book Movie: Here's That Awesome Song From The First Trailer For JUSTICE LEAGUE
- Comic Book Movie: POLL: What Do You Think Of Batman's New JUSTICE LEAGUE Costume?
One of the seemingly insurmountable tasks filmmakers must encounter, when it comes to adapting a beloved comic book character to the big screen, is choosing which book, run, or continuity to pull from. Especially when it's a character that's been around for several decades, has had dozens of great iterations, and unique voices that have added their own touches to the character's legacy.
- Comic Book Movie: Ryan Coogler Says Marvel's Current BLACK PANTHER Comics Are Influencing His Film
- IGN Movies: Current Black Panther Comics Inspiring Upcoming Film
- Entertainment Weekly: WATCH: 'Black Panther' director on representation in superhero movies
- ScreenRant: Black Panther Director On Wakanda Culture & Representation
- Comic Book Movie: Marvel's BLACK PANTHER Cast And Director Talk Representation, The Dora Milaje And Vibranium
- MovieWeb: Watch Black Panther Cast Unite for First Time at Comic-Con
- MTV Movies Blog: Michael B. Jordan Is On A ‘Smile Strike’ For Marvel’s Black Panther
With Mads Mikkelsen playing Kaecilius and Chiwetel Ejiofor playing Baron Karl Mordo, all the early fan favorites to play Dormammu have assumed other roles. Unless he's being saved for the sequel, the film needs to cast someone to play the master of the Dark Dimension. Could that be who Benjamin Bratt is playing? Marvel has not made any announcements to alert the public that Bratt is in the film so either his role is minor or he's playing a character that they want to leave a surprise until opening night. Who do you think Bratt (52) could be playing?&a
- Vulture: Doctor Strange Director Feels 'Tremendous Empathy' for Asian-American Audiences
- Filmonic: Reshape Reality in the First Official Trailer for Doctor Strange
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange: Benedict Cumberbatch on Stephen Strange’s Journey
- ScreenRant: Doctor Strange Director Talks the ‘Marvel Cinematic Multiverse’
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '16: Watch The CAPTAIN MARVEL Reveal & Panels For BLACK PANTHER, DOCTOR STRANGE, GOTG 2, & SPIDER-MAN
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '16: EW's Cast Portraits Feature The Stars Of WONDER WOMAN, DOCTOR STRANGE, GAME OF THRONES & More
- Comic Book Movie: SDCC '16: DOCTOR STRANGE Director Says The Film Introduces The Multiverse