Columbia Pictures News
Dan Aykroyd is never ever giving up on Ghostbusters 3. Though the project suffered yet another big setback earlier this year when Ivan Reitman decided not to direct, Aykroyd is nevertheless optimistic that the sequel will be ready to shoot by next spring. Hit the jump to see what he had to say. Aykroyd recently appeared on Today (via JoBlo) to talk about the 30th anniversary of the original Ghostbusters. Naturally, the subject of Ghostbusters 3 came up. “It looks like we’ll be in production, pre-production in the spring now, from what I’m hearing,” Ayrkoyd said.
Even though production has been delayed on Bond 24 until December, the producers are still working to secure locations for the new 007 adventure. MI6 reports that Luciano Sovena, the new head of the Lazio Film Commission, has met with Bond 24 to secure an important shoot in Rome for an action-packed car chase.Here's what Luciano Sovena had to say to members of the Italian press, although it's clear that nothing is finalized yet."I met the producers of the Bond series, Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, and we discussed the project.
- Dark Horizons: "Bond 24" Films Key Scene In Rome
- Coming Soon: Bond 24 to Film Key Sequence in Rome
- Variety: Sony Makes First-Look Deal with Elizabeth Cantillon, Veteran of Bond Films
- Badass Digest: BOND 24 Locations Leaked?
Thanks Marc Webb and Sony, You Have Ruined Spider-Man DISCLAIMER: I am not biased against any movie studio, comic book origin, or production. I enjoy comic book movies for what they are, and always look for the best in any movie. First off by letting this be known that I originally had hope for this franchise. As well all know, Spider-Man is one of the most cherished characters of all time.
- Comic Book Movie: Marc Webb Expected To Return For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3; No Reboot Planned
- Thompson on Hollywood: Sony Counters Bad Press with 'Spider-Man' Announcements
- AintItCool: Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3!
- FirstShowing.net: Sony Picture Shuffles 'Spider-Man' Dates, Sets 'Uncharted' for 2016
- Movies With Butter: Sony Dates 'Sinister Six'; Pushes Back 'The Amazing Spider-Man 3' & '4'
- Hollywood Reporter: Marvel Snaps Up Old 'Spider-Man 4' Date, Likely for 'Avengers 3'
- AintItCool: AICN COMICS Reviews: THE POSTHUMAN PROJECT Movie! THE AUTEUR! FABLES! SPIDER-MAN 2099! & More!
- Digital Spy: Sinister Six, Amazing Spider-Man 3 get release dates
- We Got This Covered: Marvel Claims The Amazing Spider-Man 4′s Old 2018 Release Date, Possibly For Avengers 3
- SlashFilm: ‘Sinister Six’ Set For 2016; ‘Amazing Spider-Man 3′ Moved to 2018
- HitFix: 'Amazing Spider-Man 3' delayed, 'Sinister Six' and 'Uncharted' get release dates
- SlashFilm: Marvel Studios Steals ‘Spider-Man 4′ Release Date: Adds May 4, 2018 To Their List
- FirstShowing.net: Marvel Takes Old 2018 'Amazing Spider-Man 4' Date for Mystery Title
- Bleeding Cool: Marvel Just Claimed Abandoned Spider-Man 4 Release Date
- Comic Book Movie: Marvel Announce A THIRD Untitled Movie For 2018 Release; Takes AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3's Date
- MovieWeb: 'Amazing Spider-Man 3' Will Not Be a Reboot
So EW has your first look at Adam Sandler and the rest of the 'Arcaders' in Christopher Columbus' adaptation of the short film Pixels. Left to right you have the lovely Michelle Monoghan, Sandler, Josh Gad and Peter Dinklage sporting a wicked mullet. Shown above in their suits for the first time, the so-called Arcaders are on their way to take down Pac-Man. "They're actually becoming sort of cultural heroes at this point. It's a very important shot in the film," says Columbus.According to the report the three were video game prodigies back in the early 80s.
Alex Kurtzman has been discussing Universal’s newly announced plans for a shared universe of classic movie monsters, and has outlined how he and co-writer Chris Morgan intend to go about bringing it to life. “Front and centre right now is Chris Morgan and I working on getting The Mummy off the ground and building up our Monster Universe,” says Kurtzman.
PIXELS is a unique Adam Sandler film, as in unlike other recent movies starring the actor, the premise doesn't make me want to bounce my head off of a wall. Based on Patrick Jean's short film of the same name, Chris Columbus' PIXELS will follow a group of old-school arcaders as they try to save the world from an 8-bit video game inspired alien invasion. The latest issue of EW has a... Read More...
- Entertainment Weekly: Adam Sandler, Josh Gad, and Peter Dinklage battle Pac-Man in ‘Pixels’
- Comic Book Movie: First Look: Peter Dinklage & Adam Sandler In Video Game Movie PIXELS
- MovieWeb: First Look at Adam Sandler and Peter Dinklage in Video Game Comedy 'Pixels'
- SlashFilm: First Look: Adam Sandler and Peter Dinklage Suit Up for ‘Pixels’
- FirstShowing.net: First Look: Adam Sandler & Peter Dinklage's Mullet Arrive in 'Pixels'
- Coming Soon: First Look at Sandler, Dinklage, Gad and Monaghan in Pixels
Something's amiss in England. There's a report going around that the next Bond movie, currently untitled but known as Bond 24, is having a bit of early pre-production trouble that may end up delaying the film. The Daily Mail's Baz Bamigboye, who is reliable with this kind of info, says there's a "polite turmoil" behind-the-scenes at Eon Productions, and subsequently the script is getting reworked before they move forward on production.
- Coming Soon: Production Delayed on Bond 24 Due to Script Rewrites
- Dark Horizons: "Bond 24" Production Delay Due To Re-Writes?
- MovieWeb: 'Skyfall' Writers Return for 'Bond 24'; Production Delayed Until December
- SlashFilm: ‘Bond 24′ Brings Back ‘Skyfall’ Scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade
- Badass Digest: RUMOR: BOND 24 Delayed As Last-Minute Rewrites Begin
- Comic Book Movie: SKYFALL Co-Writers Brought Back For BOND 24; Filming Delayed A Few Months
- Hollywood Reporter: MGM Doesn't Think Its James Bond Lawsuit Over 'Section 6' Is Hasty
- Deadline: MGM & James Bond Producer Say Nothing “Premature” About 007 Copyright Suit Against Universal
- Variety: MGM Contends ‘James Bond’ Lawsuit Against Universal Is Warranted
- The Playlist: 'Bond 24,' 'Karate Kid 2' & 'Like Father, Like Son' Remake Get New Writers
Dave, Devindra, and Jeff discuss their “Dealbreaker” movies, get moved by The Fault in Our Stars, plus Jeff watches the rough cut of David’s Kickstarter film.
- Cinema Blend: Now Streaming: Netflix Instant Alternatives To Jersey Boys, 22 Jump Street And How to Train Your Dragon 2
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: Can 'Think Like a Man Too' Take Down '22 Jump Street'?
- The Wrap: Kevin Hart's ‘Think Like a Man Too’ Bumps '22 Jump Street’ From No. 1 at Friday Box Office
Welcome to week eight of our 2014 Summer Box-Office Challenge! Think of it as a summer-long contest for movie-lovers — you’ll make predictions and guesses as to which summer movies will rule the box-office each week, we award points and at the end of the contest the three top point-earners will each win a Blu-ray/DVD prize pack! First place will win ten (10) Blu-ray/DVD titles released throughout the coming summer, second place wins five (5) and third place wins two (2).
- Variety: Box Office: ’22 Jump Street’ Tops ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ With $60 Mil
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office report: ’22 Jump Street’ is the big winner; ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ solid #2
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: '22 Jump Street' Surges With $60M; 'Dragon 2' Hits $50M
- USA Today: Sequels rule Father's Day box office, led by 'Jump Street'
- Long Island Newsday: '22 Jump Street' tops box office with $60 million
- Moviefone: Weekend Box Office: '22 Jump Street' Scores Big, Wins Battle of The Sequels
- We Got This Covered: Box Office Report: 22 Jump Street Wins Sequel Showdown
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: 22 Jump Street Tops How To Drain Your Dragon 2
- Vulture: 22 Jump Street Slays How to Train Your Dragon 2 at Weekend Box Office
- Digital Spy: 22 Jump Street shoots straight to the top of US box office
- Moviefone: Box Office: Why Did '22 Jump Street' Win Against 'How to Train Your Dragon 2'?
- Deadline: BOX OFFICE UPDATE: ’22 Jump Street’ Ends Weekend With Around $57M, ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ No. 2 $49M+
- HitFix: Box office: '22 Jump Street' leaps past 'Dragon 2' for $25 million Friday
- The Wrap: Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill's '22 Jump Street’ Slays ‘Dragon 2' at Box Office With $60 Million
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: '22 Jump Street' Takes 'How to Train Your Dragon 2′ to School
- HitFix: Box Office: '22 Jump Street' stuns by easily beating 'Dragon 2' to win the weekend
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE BEAT DOWN: '22 Jump Street' Wins with $60 Million
- Empire Magazine: 22 Jump Street Leaps Ahead At US Box Office
- Movies With Butter: Weekend Box Office Report: ’22 Jump Street’ Hops Up to Top Spot
- IGN Movies: Jump Street, Dragon Sequels Dominate the Box Office
- Thompson on Hollywood: Box Office Top Ten: So Far Comedy, Family Fare and Fox Dominate the Summer
- Coming Soon: Box Office Results: Tatum and Hill Get the Jump on DreamWorks' Dragon Sequel
- Variety: Channing Tatum, ’22 Jump Street’ a Hit with Women
- IndieWire: Specialty Box Office: Big Weekend For A24 As 'The Rover' Opens Solid and 'Obvious Child' Expands Well
- Deadline: Specialty Box Office: Robert Pattinson’s ‘The Rover’ Runs Strongly In Blah Weekend
- Deadline: Bart & Fleming: Selling Summer Sleepers Like ‘The Fault In Our Stars,’ ‘Jersey Boys’ ‘Begin Again’ And ‘Boyhood’
- Deadline: Update: Intl Box Office: ‘Godzilla’ Thrashes Again With $38M Weekend Led By China; ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Fires Up $24.8M; More
- Chud: Movie Curiosities: 22 Jump Street
- Thompson on Hollywood: Career Watch: Jonah Hill Is King of the Box Office
- Deadline: Europe Remains Key To Intl Box Office, Despite Big Growth In Emerging Markets
- Mania: Box Office Report: 22 Jumps the Dragon
- Hollywood Reporter: Japan Box Office: 'Noah' Opens at No. 2, 'Frozen' Spends 14th Week on Top
- The Wrap: ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2' Crosses $700 Million at Worldwide Box Office
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Friday Report: '22 Jump Street' Schools 'Dragon'
- The Wrap: '22 Jump Street’ Trailer Replaces Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum With Their Stand-Ins (Video)
- HitFix: Best and Worst of '22 Jump Street'
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Finally Reaches $700 Million Worldwide
- The Wrap: ‘Jersey Boys’ Review: Clint Eastwood's Jukebox Musical Is Nice, Entertaining, Just Not All That Good
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Passes $200M Domestic; $660M Worldwide
- The Playlist: Box-Office: ‘22 Jump Street’ Is The 2nd Highest R-Rated Comedy Opening Ever With $60 Million
- JoBlo: Weekend Box Office Report: June 13-15, 2014
- The Wrap: ‘Godzilla’ Rampages to Huge $36 Million at China Box Office
- The Wrap: Robert Pattinson's ‘The Rover’ Tops Specialty Box Office Openers
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Box Office Guru Wrapup: Hill & Tatum Take Down Dragon
- ScreenRant: Weekend Box Office Wrap Up: June 15th, 2014
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Jump Street' Scores, 'Dragon' Disappoints This Weekend
- HitFix: 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' crosses $200 million mark at domestic box office
- Twitch: Twitchvision: Jason Gorber Talks 22 JUMP STREET, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 and THE DOUBLE
HitFix decided to look at the best and worst things about "22 Jump Street." Is the Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill sequel better than the 2012 remake?http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured
- AintItCool: Capone believes that despite its shortcomings, 22 JUMP STREET is still the funniest thing out there
- The Playlist: Watch: Jonah Hill & Channing Tatum Pander To Soccer Fans In New '22 Jump Street' World Cup Spots
- The Wrap: How Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill's '22 Jump Street’ Will Boost Sony's Summer Fortunes
- SlashFilm: ’22 Jump Street’ Stand-In Trailer: Who Needs Movie Stars?
- MovieWeb: '22 Jump Street' Stand-In Trailer Replaces Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill
- SlashFilm: ’22 Jump Street’ – What Did You Think?
- MovieWeb: '22 Jump Street' Interviews with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum | EXCLUSIVE
- The Wrap: '22 Jump Street’ Trailer Replaces Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum With Their Stand-Ins (Video)