Columbia Pictures News
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 does all it was created to do: exist. For Sony and Kevin James to once again cash in on the success of their $146 million-grossingÂ surprise 2009 hit, all they had to do was make a product that resembled a filmâsomething around 90 minutes with a beginning, middle, and...D
- HitFix: Blart Attack: The internet is destroying 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2'
- IGN Movies: Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 Review
- Screen Crush: 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2' Has a 0 Percent on Rotten Tomatoes; Read the Best of the Worst Reviews
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Paul Blart' Sequel Earns Zero Percent Rotten Tomatoes Rating
- Cinema Blend: Critics Really, Really Hate Paul Blart 2
A recent public service announcement reminds residents of drought-plagued California not to waste precious resources by leaving the water running while they’re brushing their teeth.
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Critics Consensus: Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 Is Criminally Unfunny
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2': Film Review
- Deadline: ‘Paul Blart’ Chases In $450K, ‘Unfriended’ Friends $656K In Late Night Thursdays – Box Office
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2’
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Unfriended’ Opens with $656,000 at Latenights, ‘Paul Blart 2′ at $450,000
- Vulture: Kevin James Movies Have a Kevin James Problem
- We Got This Covered: Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 Review
- Vulture: Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 Sure Is Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- JoBlo: Review: Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- The Wrap: ‘Unfriended’ Scares Up $656,000, ‘Paul Blart 2’ Rolls to $450,000 at Thursday Night Box Office
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: Will 'Paul Blart 2' Crush 'Furious 7'?
Sony Pictures debuted the first trailer for their upcoming summer adventure Pixels on Tuesday, and, as we reported earlier today, over 34.3 million viewers watched the footage within the first 24 hours. You may have noticed, towards the end of the trailer, an image briefly flashed on the screen, which features a character who wasn't seen in the trailer itself, Ashley Benson's Lady Lisa.
- Cinema Blend: Wow, Pixels Is Generating An Insane Amount Of Interest
- Variety: Adam Sandler’s ‘Pixels’ Trailer Gets Record 34 Million Views
- USA Today: Watch: Short that inspired Sandler's 'Pixels'
- Fandango Movie Blog: This Week's Hottest Movie Trailers: 'Pixels,' 'Paper Towns' and 'Insidious: Chapter 3'
- The Wrap: ‘Pixels’ Becomes Sony’s No. 1 Trailer Launch With 30 Million Views in First 24 Hours
Here’s the new trailer for Sony’s new video game disaster film, Pixels. The movie, directed by Chris Columbus, stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Peter Dinklage and Josh Gad. The trailer certainly seems very Sandler-y and that is a pretty big negative to me. There is some real talent on board here though, who are capable of making a good movie. The idea of aliens misinterpreting video games as a sign of war is also good one, so there is at least potential. For me, it will likely come down to how much Sandler puts himself into the movie.
- The Playlist: Watch: Arcade Video Games Classics Attack Adam Sandler & Earth In The First Trailer For ‘Pixels’
- Hollywood Reporter: It's On Like Donkey Kong in First 'Pixels' Trailer
- Variety: Watch: First Trailer for Adam Sandler’s ‘Pixels’
- AintItCool: Pac-Man Goes Paku-Paku On Adam Sandler In Trailer For Chris Columbus's PIXELS!
- Chud: I Can’t Deal With this ‘Pixels’ Trailer
- Cinema Blend: The Pixels Trailer Has Pac-Man On A Rampage
- Vulture: Pac-Man Will End You in the Pixels Trailer
- Digital Spy: Watch Adam Sandler fight Pac-Man in the new trailer for Pixels
- Dark Horizons: First Trailer: Sony's "Pixels"
- USA Today: Pac-Man is evil in Sandler's 'Pixels' trailer
- We Got This Covered: Video Game Characters Wage War On Adam Sandler In First Trailer For Pixels
- Moviefone: 'Pixels' Posits Gamers Will Save the World (VIDEO)
- SlashFilm: ‘Pixels’ Trailer: Adam Sandler Fights Old School Video Game Characters
- The Wrap: Adam Sandler’s ‘Pixels’ Trailer Finds Pac-Man, Donkey Kong Attacking the World
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Video Game Characters Attack in First Trailer for 'Pixels'
- Comic Book Movie: 'Donkey Kong' And 'Pac-Man' Attack In Awesome First Trailer For PIXELS
- Empire Magazine: Pixels Trailer Invades Our Screens
- JoBlo: Behold, the first trailer for Adam Sandler's Pixels has arrived
- MovieWeb: 'Pixels' Trailer: Adam Sandler Vs. 80s Arcade Classics!
- Film School Rejects: Pixels and Lazer Team Trailers: More Misfits Saving the World From Aliens
- Twitch: PIXELS: Pac-Man's A Bad Guy In First Trailer?
- IGN Movies: Pixels Trailer: Adam Sandler vs. Pac-Man!
- Entertainment Weekly: Adam Sandler vs. Pac-Man in 'Pixels' trailer
- Screen Crush: 'Pixels' Trailer: It's On Like Donkey Kong
- HitFix: One 'Pixels' trailer single handedly proves its Adam Sandler's best movie in years
- FirstShowing.net: First 'Pixels' Trailer Leads to 'DojoQuest' Game with Ashley Benson
- Latino Review: 'Pixels' Trailer: Adam Sandler And Kevin James Go Against Pac Man
- MTV Movies Blog: Watch Tyrion Lannister Battle Donkey Kong In Adam Sandler’s ‘Pixels’ Trailer
- Filmonic: Pac-Man is a Bad Guy in the 1st Trailer for Pixels
Columbia Pictures has released a ten second teaser trailer for the upcoming Chris Columbus video game sci-fi comedy Pixels. The plot of the movie is about a group of video game experts who are recruited by the military to fight 1980s-era video game characters attacking our planet. Its been pitched as Ghostbusters, but with classic 80’s video game creatures instead of ghosts. And yes, we’ve actually heard a bunch of good buzz for this film.
- Digital Spy: Watch the first teaser trailer for Adam Sandler's Pixels
- Coming Soon: Sony Pictures Releases Teaser for the Pixels Trailer
- Dark Horizons: "Pixels" Trailer To Hit On Tuesday
- MovieWeb: 'Pixels' Trailer Preview Unleashed; Full Trailer Coming Tuesday
I’ll get this right out of the way; I’m a fan of Ron Howard’s ridiculous Robert Langdon films based on the books by Dan Brown. Sure they’re completely absurd and you feel a little dirty at the end but dammit, they’re a lot of fun and having Tom Hanks around certainly gives them a bit of much needed credibility. Ben Foster has just signed on to the latest... Read More...
- FirstShowing.net: Ben Foster to Play the Villain in Ron Howard's 'Inferno' Adaptation
- AintItCool: Ron Howard and Tom Hanks' new Robert Langdon movie, INFERNO, casts its villain!
- SlashFilm: Ben Foster in Talks to Play Main Villain in Ron Howard’s ‘Inferno’
- Empire Magazine: Ben Foster Joins Inferno
- MovieWeb: 'Da Vinci Code' Sequel 'Inferno' Wants Ben Foster as the Villain
Oscar nominee Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars standalone) and Omar Sy (X-Men: Days of Future Past and the upcoming Jurassic World) have been added to the cast of Inferno, the third Da Vinci Code movie.
Imagine Entertainment Back when Felicity Jones was merely on the shortlist for the standalone Star Wars movie, many wondered if she would have time in her schedule since she was also linked to the next Dan Brown adaptation from Ron Howard. Then, when she was officially signed on to the secretive galactic spin-off, it seemed possible that maybe she would drop the less-exciting franchise. Nope. The current Oscar nominee is finding time for both.
- The Playlist: Irrfan Khan & Omar Sy Join Tom Hanks & Felicity Jones In Ron Howard’s ‘Inferno’
- SlashFilm: ‘Inferno’ Cast Announced, Tom Hanks Joined by Omar Sy and Sidse Babett Knudsen
- Entertainment Weekly: Felicity Jones, Irrfan Khan, more join Tom Hanks for <em>Inferno</em>
- Entertainment Weekly: Felicity Jones, Irrfan Khan, more join Tom Hanks for <em>Inferno</em>
- Dark Horizons: Cast Set To Join Tom Hanks In "Inferno"
- FirstShowing.net: Irrfan Khan & Omar Sy Joining Tom Hanks for Dan Brown's 'Inferno'
- Empire Magazine: Omar Sy Joins Inferno
After six long years, our national nightmare is over. The sequel to ‘Paul Blart: Mall Cop’ has finally arrived. In the stunningly titled ‘Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2,’ Kevin James reprises his role as the portly rent-a-cop with a bad habit of stumbling into dangerous situations that are beyond his meager pay grade. This time, he fights thieves while attending a security conference in Las Vegas, as you are wont to do when you visit Las Vegas in a comedy sequel. Continue reading…
- We Got This Covered: Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 Trailer Tosses Kevin James’ Bumbling Hero Back Into The Thick Of It
- FirstShowing.net: New 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2' Trailer: Kevin James Has Spidey Senses
- MovieWeb: Second 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2' Trailer with Kevin James
- Moviefone: The New 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2' Trailer Proves a Hero Is Never Off Duty (EXCLUSIVE)
- AintItCool: A New Trailer For PAUL BLART: MALL COP 2!!
- The Playlist: Watch: New Trailer For 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2' Rolls Into Action
- Latino Review: New Trailer Hits for 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2'
While promoting his upcoming new film, Spy, Paul Feig also talked about the upcoming all female Ghostbusters film he is been working on. He says that his intention is not to parody the original films but rather have a new story with a few nods to the originals. Read his remarks below:“We’re not recreating the old movie but we want to do just enough fun nods that the fans will go, ‘Oh, okay, they’re acknowledging that the other movie existed. I like to watch parodies, but I don’t want to do them because they’re too referential.
- Dread Central: Ghostbusters 3 – Director Paul Feig Offers New Details
- Moviefone: Paul Feig Knows All About The 'Ghostbusters' Haters
- SlashFilm: Sequel Bits: Ghostbusters 3, Beverly Hills Cop 4, Sharknado 3, Friday The 13th, Independence Day 2, Jurassic World
- ScreenRant: ‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot Director on the Setting & Homages to Previous Films