Christopher Nolan News
In a new interview with “Interstellar” director Christopher Nolan and his scientific consultant and co-producer on the film, Kip Thorne, the artistic visionary and the decorated theoretical physicist sit down to discuss their partnership and how they worked through challenges like being unable to justify characters moving faster than the speed of light. (Apparently Nolan was attached to the idea.) Thorne is the author of “Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein’s Outrageous Legacy,” and a leading expert on the theory of relativity.
- Deadline: Physicist Kip Thorne talks black holes and warped space on ‘Interstellar’
- Variety: ‘Interstellar’ Box Office Gets Big Boost from Imax Sales
- Variety: China Box Office: ‘Interstellar’ Continues to Outperform
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Interstellar' Nears $100 Million; 'Fury' Opens in Fourth Place
Whether you love him or hate him, filmmaker Christopher Nolan has continued to find new ways to challenge his audience, and paradigms of filmmaking as a whole, throughout his remarkable career. His breakout hit Memento shattered audiences' expectations of a traditional narrative story, while The Dark Knight trilogy redefined the superhero genre in ways nobody even knew they wanted, until they saw it with their very eyes.
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Take a Closer Look at the Science & Sound of 'Interstellar'
- Dark Horizons: Nolan Talks That "Interstellar" Big Surprise
- MovieWeb: Christopher Nolan Talks 'Interstellar' Spoilers and Ending
- FirstShowing.net: Another Outstanding Fan-Made 'Interstellar' Timeline Infographic
HitFix talks to "Interstellar" editor Lee Smith about his on-going collaboration with Christopher Nolan and how their latest provided some of their biggest challenges to date.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
HitFix talks to "Interstellar" cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema about grounding Nolan's film, working with practical elements, shooting on film for Sam Mendes' next James Bond feature and the ongoing film vs. digital debate.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Cinema Blend: Watch Bill Nye Outline His Problems With Interstellar Science
- Hollywood Reporter: Scalpers Appear as 'Interstellar' Becomes Phenomenon in South Korea
- IndieWire: Springboard: 'Interstellar' Teen Breakout Mackenzie Foy Wants to Direct
- Thompson on Hollywood: How the 'Interstellar' Crafts Team Experiments with Sight and Sound
- Collider: Not Dead Yet: BOND 24 and TWIN PEAKS Season 3 Will Be Shot on Film
We're entering weekend two of "Interstellar," and there is already much material concerned with the film on TV and throughout the web, should you need to buttress your particular point of view.
The last time Christopher Nolan released a movie, film critics got death threats. That was back in 2012, when Nolan released ‘The Dark Knight Rises,’ and the first writers who dared to stray from the positive consensus about the film received waves of overwhelming backlash. After Marshall Fine published his pan, his site and his page on Rotten Tomatoes were both bombarded with angry comments politely requesting he “die in a fire” and hoping someone would beat him into a coma with a “thick rubber hose.” Continue reading…
A little under 90 years ago, conversations were probably had by the editors of The Playlist Gazette & Cinematograph Pamphlet (then a thrupenny half-sheet available from your local grime-faced newsboy) about which of us was gonna travel all the way to the Big City to see that moving picture “The Jazz Singer” with synchronized sound, and which of us would stay in the sticks and watch the silent, cue-card version.
- Cinema Blend: Interstellar Is Great But It May Have A Serious Sound Problem
- We Got This Covered: The Tea & Crumpet Filmcast: Interstellar, Leviathan And The Skeleton Twins (Episode 10)
- Digital Spy: Interstellar tops UK box office ahead of Mr Turner, Ninja Turtles
- Hollywood Reporter: U.K. Box Office: 'Interstellar' Soars to Top
- IndieWire: Who Applauded for 'Interstellar' (And Who Didn't)
- Film School Rejects: What ‘Interstellar’ Gets Right About Fiction
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: Steven Spielberg's Version of 'Interstellar' Was Very Different
- Film School Rejects: ‘Interstellar’ and the Relativity of Cinematic Time
- Latino Review: Nolan Talks Batfleck, 'Interstellar' Plot Holes, and...Corn
WARNING – SPOILERS for All Christopher Nolan Movies! - It’s fair to say that Christopher Nolan has been one of the most influential directors of the new millennium.
- SlashFilm: Christopher Nolan Responds to Criticisms About ‘Interstellar’ Science
- MovieWeb: Christopher Nolan Responds to 'Interstellar' Science Criticisms
- Entertainment Weekly: Christopher Nolan talks Batman, James Bond, ‘Star Wars,’ and ‘Interstellar’ plot holes
- Vulture: Christopher Nolan’s Brother to Adapt Isaac Asimov’s Foundation for HBO
- Cinema Blend: The Dark Knight Plotline Christopher Nolan Thought Was Way Too Far Fetched
- Digital Spy: Christopher Nolan on James Bond: "They don't need me right now"
- Moviefone: Christopher Nolan Addresses 'Interstellar' Plot Holes
- JoBlo: Christopher Nolan says there is one genre he will probably never work in
- Collider: Christopher Nolan Discusses Ben Affleck’s Casting in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- Collider: Christopher Nolan Addresses the Internet’s Determination to Pinpoint Plot Holes in INTERSTELLAR
- MovieWeb: Will Christopher Nolan Direct a 'Star Wars' or 'James Bond' Movie?
- Collider: THE COLLISION: Episode 111 – The Films of Christopher Nolan and INTERSTELLAR
- The Playlist: This Infographic Will Help You Track The 'Interstellar' Timeline Plus Christopher Nolan Talks Bond & Guest Edits Wired
- JoBlo: Christopher Nolan on plot holes, casting Affleck as Batman & directing Bond
- The Playlist: How Parenthood Is At The Heart Of 'Interstellar' & Other Christopher Nolan Films
With Interstellar having now rocketed into theaters, we figured now's the best time to take a look back at director Christopher Nolan's filmography and rank his movies, from the weakest (which, for Nolan, is still better than most directors' best) to his strongest. Starting with ... For a movie shot on weekends and without a steady supply of quality film stock, Nolan's first feature is an effective character study hiding out in the trappings of a whodunit. Following tracks a young writer who stalks people on the streets of London for inspiration.
- Film School Rejects: 11 Big Questions Left Unanswered By Christopher Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’
- IGN Movies: Ranking the Nightmare on Elm Street Movies
- Comic Book Movie: WEB-CRAWLER: Christopher Nolan Supports Batfleck, ARROW/FLASH Crossover And More
- SlashFilm: Interstellar Timeline Chart Explains Christopher Nolan’s Theory Of Space-Time Relativity
- The Playlist: Christopher Nolan Talks Howard Hughes Project, 'Interstellar' & More In Interviews, Plus Featurettes, New Pics & More
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ Director Christopher Nolan Guest Editing Wired Magazine
- SlashFilm: Interstellar: 15 Huge Differences From the Steven Spielberg-Developed Script to Christopher Nolan’s Movie
In the months leading up to the release of INTERSTELLAR, Christopher Nolan and Co. took great care in releasing promotional material discussing the science of the film. Regardless of how you feel about the end result, you have to give the filmmakers props for attempting to deliver an experience that's as factual as scientifically possible. Acclaimed astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson took to Twitter to... Read More...
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ Gets Reviewed by Neil deGrasse Tyson: No Film Opinions Just Scientific Rights or Wrongs
- Vulture: Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson Discuss the Science Behind Interstellar
- Entertainment Weekly: Neil deGrasse Tyson has some thoughts on ‘Interstellar’
- SlashFilm: Neil deGrasse Tyson Interstellar Comments: Is It More Scientifically Accurate Than Gravity?
- MTV Movies Blog: Neil DeGrasse Tyson’s ‘Interstellar’ Review Wins The Solar System
- ScreenRant: ‘Interstellar’: Neil deGrasse Tyson on the Film’s Science
- FirstShowing.net: Neil deGrasse Tyson Tweets About the Real Science of 'Interstellar'
- Dark Horizons: deGrasse Tyson On "Interstellar" Science
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Big Hero 6′ Races Past ‘Interstellar’ With $56.2 Million
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Big Hero 6' Wins With $56.2M; 'Interstellar' No. 2 With $50M
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office report: ‘Big Hero 6′ tops ‘Interstellar’
- Cinema Blend: Now Streaming: Netflix Instant Alternatives To Nightcrawler, Interstellar And The Theory of Everything
- Variety: ‘Interstellar’ Tops Global Box Office with $132 Million Haul
- USA Today: 'Big Hero' blasts past 'Interstellar' at box office
- Moviefone: Weekend Box Office: 'Big Hero 6' Squeezes By 'Interstellar' For Top Spot
- Deadline: ‘Interstellar’s $80M Overseas Opening Is Alright, Alright, Alright: International B.O.
- Variety: Box Office: Can ‘Interstellar,’ ‘Big Hero 6′ Stick Around for the Long Haul?
- We Got This Covered: Box Office Report: Big Hero 6 Defeats Interstellar In Close Race
- Badass Digest: INTERSTELLAR And The Death Of The Penis
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Box Office Guru Wrapup: Big Hero 6 Opens #1, Interstellar Solid #2
- Thompson on Hollywood: Why 'Interstellar' Disappointed and 'Big Hero 6' Topped Box Office
- Vulture: Big Hero 6 Brings Down Interstellar at the Weekend Box Office
- Digital Spy: Disney's Big Hero 6 tops US box office ahead of Interstellar
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: Big Hero 6 Outperforms Interstellar
- Variety: Location Pros for ‘Interstellar’ and ‘Taken 3’ Are Among COLA Winners
- Entertainment Weekly: The science of ‘Interstellar': A primer on black holes, wormholes, and more
- USA Today: Nolan's next mission after 'Interstellar'? Not a comedy
- Vulture: Is TARS the Best Character in Interstellar? and Other Questions to Ponder
- We Got This Covered: Unravel The Mysteries Of Interstellar With This Spoiler-Filled Breakdown
- Variety: ‘Interstellar’ Final Box Office Fails to Hit $50 Million Estimates
- Variety: Korea Box Office: ‘Interstellar’ Makes Extraterrestrial Debut
- Digital Spy: Why Interstellar had to be filmed on IMAX: 'There's nothing else like it'
- Coming Soon: Christopher Nolan's Interstellar Barely Beats Big Hero 6 on Friday
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Friday Report: 'Interstellar,' 'Big Hero 6' on Track for $50-Million-Plus This Weekend
- The Wrap: ‘Big Hero 6' Blasts Past ‘Interstellar’ for $56 Million Box-Office Victory
- Collider: Weekend Box Office: BIG HERO 6 Knocks INTERSTELLAR into Second
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: Disney's BIG HERO 6 leaves INTERSTELLAR In The Dust
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'Interstellar' and 'Big Hero 6′ Have a Showdown
- Coming Soon: Box Office Results: Big Hero 6 Beats Out Interstellar in Early Holiday Season Face-Off
- IGN Movies: Big Hero 6 Beats Interstellar at the Box Office
- The Playlist: Weekend Box-Office: ‘Interstellar’ Bested By ‘Big Hero 6’ At Home, But Launches To $132 Million Opening Globally
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ Matches ‘Gravity’ with $80 Million Overseas Box-Office Debut
- HitFix: Box office: 'Big Hero 6' launches past 'Interstellar' for superheroic No. 1 finish
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘Big Hero 6′ And Its Adorable Characters Beat Out ‘Interstellar’—But Just Barely
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE: 'Big Hero 6' Beats 'Interstellar' with $56.2 Million
- The Wrap: Why ‘Interstellar’ Didn't Fly Higher at Box Office
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Interstellar' Opens to $80 Million Overseas
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Disney's 'Big Hero 6' Eclipses Nolan's 'Interstellar'
- Comic Book Movie: POLL & REVIEW: INTERSTELLAR Does Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night
- Screen Crush: Let's Talk About Dr. Mann in 'Interstellar'
- FirstShowing.net: Spoiler Alert! Excellent 'Interstellar' Timeline Infographic Discovered
- MTV Movies Blog: This ‘Interstellar’ Infographic Explains The Movie’s Crazy Timeline