Christopher Nolan News
With Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" now in cinemas, it has prompted many to look back and assess (or re-assess) the director's body of work so far (check out our ranking of his films right here).
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘The Prestige’ Author Thinks Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy Is ‘Shallow’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Prestige' Author Slams Christopher Nolan's 'Dark Knight' Trilogy As "Shallow" And "Badly Written"
- Digital Spy: The Prestige author slams Christopher Nolan's "embarrassing" Batman films
- IndieWire: How 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan Uses Video Games to Create Filmic Puzzles
- Entertainment Weekly: Malcolm McDowell on Stanley Kubrick: An all-too-human artistic genius
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ Shuns the Thanksgiving Screener Rush: ‘It's a Theatrical Experience,’ Says Christopher Nolan
In a new interview with “Interstellar” director Christopher Nolan and his scientific consultant and co-producer on the film, Kip Thorne, the artistic visionary and the decorated theoretical physicist sit down to discuss their partnership and how they worked through challenges like being unable to justify characters moving faster than the speed of light. (Apparently Nolan was attached to the idea.) Thorne is the author of “Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein’s Outrageous Legacy,” and a leading expert on the theory of relativity.
- Deadline: Physicist Kip Thorne talks black holes and warped space on ‘Interstellar’
- Variety: ‘Interstellar’ Box Office Gets Big Boost from Imax Sales
- Variety: China Box Office: ‘Interstellar’ Continues to Outperform
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: 'Interstellar' Nears $100 Million; 'Fury' Opens in Fourth Place
Whether you love him or hate him, filmmaker Christopher Nolan has continued to find new ways to challenge his audience, and paradigms of filmmaking as a whole, throughout his remarkable career. His breakout hit Memento shattered audiences' expectations of a traditional narrative story, while The Dark Knight trilogy redefined the superhero genre in ways nobody even knew they wanted, until they saw it with their very eyes.
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Take a Closer Look at the Science & Sound of 'Interstellar'
- Dark Horizons: Nolan Talks That "Interstellar" Big Surprise
- MovieWeb: Christopher Nolan Talks 'Interstellar' Spoilers and Ending
- FirstShowing.net: Another Outstanding Fan-Made 'Interstellar' Timeline Infographic
HitFix talks to "Interstellar" editor Lee Smith about his on-going collaboration with Christopher Nolan and how their latest provided some of their biggest challenges to date.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
HitFix talks to "Interstellar" cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema about grounding Nolan's film, working with practical elements, shooting on film for Sam Mendes' next James Bond feature and the ongoing film vs. digital debate.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Cinema Blend: Watch Bill Nye Outline His Problems With Interstellar Science
- Hollywood Reporter: Scalpers Appear as 'Interstellar' Becomes Phenomenon in South Korea
- IndieWire: Springboard: 'Interstellar' Teen Breakout Mackenzie Foy Wants to Direct
- Thompson on Hollywood: How the 'Interstellar' Crafts Team Experiments with Sight and Sound
- Collider: Not Dead Yet: BOND 24 and TWIN PEAKS Season 3 Will Be Shot on Film
We're entering weekend two of "Interstellar," and there is already much material concerned with the film on TV and throughout the web, should you need to buttress your particular point of view.
The last time Christopher Nolan released a movie, film critics got death threats. That was back in 2012, when Nolan released ‘The Dark Knight Rises,’ and the first writers who dared to stray from the positive consensus about the film received waves of overwhelming backlash. After Marshall Fine published his pan, his site and his page on Rotten Tomatoes were both bombarded with angry comments politely requesting he “die in a fire” and hoping someone would beat him into a coma with a “thick rubber hose.” Continue reading…
A little under 90 years ago, conversations were probably had by the editors of The Playlist Gazette & Cinematograph Pamphlet (then a thrupenny half-sheet available from your local grime-faced newsboy) about which of us was gonna travel all the way to the Big City to see that moving picture “The Jazz Singer” with synchronized sound, and which of us would stay in the sticks and watch the silent, cue-card version.
- Cinema Blend: Interstellar Is Great But It May Have A Serious Sound Problem
- We Got This Covered: The Tea & Crumpet Filmcast: Interstellar, Leviathan And The Skeleton Twins (Episode 10)
- Digital Spy: Interstellar tops UK box office ahead of Mr Turner, Ninja Turtles
- Hollywood Reporter: U.K. Box Office: 'Interstellar' Soars to Top
- IndieWire: Who Applauded for 'Interstellar' (And Who Didn't)
- Film School Rejects: What ‘Interstellar’ Gets Right About Fiction
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: Steven Spielberg's Version of 'Interstellar' Was Very Different
- Film School Rejects: ‘Interstellar’ and the Relativity of Cinematic Time
- Latino Review: Nolan Talks Batfleck, 'Interstellar' Plot Holes, and...Corn
WARNING – SPOILERS for All Christopher Nolan Movies! - It’s fair to say that Christopher Nolan has been one of the most influential directors of the new millennium.
- SlashFilm: Christopher Nolan Responds to Criticisms About ‘Interstellar’ Science
- MovieWeb: Christopher Nolan Responds to 'Interstellar' Science Criticisms
- Entertainment Weekly: Christopher Nolan talks Batman, James Bond, ‘Star Wars,’ and ‘Interstellar’ plot holes
- Vulture: Christopher Nolan’s Brother to Adapt Isaac Asimov’s Foundation for HBO
- Cinema Blend: The Dark Knight Plotline Christopher Nolan Thought Was Way Too Far Fetched
- Digital Spy: Christopher Nolan on James Bond: "They don't need me right now"
- Moviefone: Christopher Nolan Addresses 'Interstellar' Plot Holes
- JoBlo: Christopher Nolan says there is one genre he will probably never work in
- Collider: Christopher Nolan Discusses Ben Affleck’s Casting in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- Collider: Christopher Nolan Addresses the Internet’s Determination to Pinpoint Plot Holes in INTERSTELLAR
- MovieWeb: Will Christopher Nolan Direct a 'Star Wars' or 'James Bond' Movie?
- Collider: THE COLLISION: Episode 111 – The Films of Christopher Nolan and INTERSTELLAR
- The Playlist: This Infographic Will Help You Track The 'Interstellar' Timeline Plus Christopher Nolan Talks Bond & Guest Edits Wired
- JoBlo: Christopher Nolan on plot holes, casting Affleck as Batman & directing Bond
- The Playlist: How Parenthood Is At The Heart Of 'Interstellar' & Other Christopher Nolan Films
With Interstellar having now rocketed into theaters, we figured now's the best time to take a look back at director Christopher Nolan's filmography and rank his movies, from the weakest (which, for Nolan, is still better than most directors' best) to his strongest. Starting with ... For a movie shot on weekends and without a steady supply of quality film stock, Nolan's first feature is an effective character study hiding out in the trappings of a whodunit. Following tracks a young writer who stalks people on the streets of London for inspiration.
- Film School Rejects: 11 Big Questions Left Unanswered By Christopher Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’
- IGN Movies: Ranking the Nightmare on Elm Street Movies
- Comic Book Movie: WEB-CRAWLER: Christopher Nolan Supports Batfleck, ARROW/FLASH Crossover And More
- SlashFilm: Interstellar Timeline Chart Explains Christopher Nolan’s Theory Of Space-Time Relativity
- The Playlist: Christopher Nolan Talks Howard Hughes Project, 'Interstellar' & More In Interviews, Plus Featurettes, New Pics & More
- The Wrap: ‘Interstellar’ Director Christopher Nolan Guest Editing Wired Magazine
- SlashFilm: Interstellar: 15 Huge Differences From the Steven Spielberg-Developed Script to Christopher Nolan’s Movie