Christian Bale News
Flipping through a fashion catalog or a handsomely mounted design book has its diverting joys. But “Knight of Cups,” Terrence Malick‘s attempt to render a dapper, rudderless movie writer (Christian Bale) wandering an Antonioni-esque Los Angeles into something navel-gazingly cinematic, winds up as mainly an art browse, even with all its visual resplendence. It’s the movie equivalent of a multi-course banquet of colorful foams: wisps of flavor emerge here and there, and admiration reigns, but in the end you’re unlikely to believe you’ve actually had a meal.
- Vulture: How Intensely Odd and Fulfilling Is a Terrence Malick Shoot? Let Knight of Cups’s Thomas Lennon Explain
- Screen Crush: 'Knight of Cups' Review: Terrence Malick at His Most Experimental and Abstract
- SlashFilm: ‘Knight of Cups’ Trailer: Diplo Remixes Terrence Malick
- The Wrap: Terrence Malick Madness: 5 Most Bizarre Takeaways From ‘Knight of Cups’ On-Set Story
- The Playlist: Watch: New Diplo Powered Teaser Trailer For Terrence Malick's 'Knight Of Cups'
- Dark Horizons: New Trailer: "Knight of Cups"
The post Terrence Malick’s KNIGHT OF CUPS Official Trailer appeared first on FilmoFilia. Watch the official trailer for Terrence Malick’s KNIGHT OF CUPS. With an ensemble cast headed by Christian Bale and supported by Cate Blanchett, Natalie Portman and Imogen Poots, "Knight of Cups" centers around a screenwriter and his spiraling odyssey in the sexualized, hard-partying and urban landscape of Hollywood. The post Terrence Malick’s KNIGHT OF CUPS Official Trailer appeared first on FilmoFilia.
It’s been a while since we’ve had new Knight of Cups footage, and it’s going to be even longer. A new trailer for the upcoming Terrence Malick film debuted on Tuesday, but sadly it’s not exactly new. Continue reading…
- The Playlist: Watch: New U.S. Trailer For Terrence Malick's 'Knight Of Cups' With Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett & Natalie Portman
- IndieWire: Watch: Enter Terrence Malick's Wild and Wondrous Hollywood in 'Knight of Cups' Trailer
- The Playlist: Watch: Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling & Steve Carell Battle Banks In New Trailer For 'The Big Short'
Writer / Director Terrence Malick (Thin Red Line) has a new film coming out next year and we have a trailer for it. Knight of Cups stars Christian Bale along with Cate Blanchett, Natalie Portman, Brian Dennehy, Antonio Banderas, Freida Pinto, Wes Bentley, Isabel Lucas, Teresa Palmer, Imogen Poots, Armin Mueller-Stahl and the voice of Ben Kingsley. The description of the film reads: Once there was a young prince whose father, the king of the East, sent him down into Egypt to find a pearl. But when the prince arrived, the people poured him a cup.
- SlashFilm: ‘Knight of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale Is a Lost Soul for Terrence Malick
- The Wrap: Christian Bale Wallows in Excess in First Trailer for Terrence Malick’s ‘Knight of Cups’ (Video)
- Chud: Trailer: Malick Takes Christian Bale To Hollywood In ‘Knight of Cups’
- Cinema Blend: Knight Of Cups Trailer: Christian Bale Gets Terrence Malicked
- The Playlist: Watch: Christian Bale Goes On A Hedonistic Journey In First Trailer For Terrence Malick's 'Knight Of Cups'
- Variety: Watch: Trailer for Christian Bale’s ‘Knight of Cups’
- Entertainment Weekly: Watch Christian Bale in the new ‘Knight of Cups’ trailer
- Vulture: Knight of Cups Trailer: Terrence Malick Will Have You Reconsider That Move to L.A.
- Digital Spy: Watch Christian Bale lose his grip on reality in Knight of Cups trailer
- Variety: Christian Bale’s ‘Knight of Cups’ Scores International Distribution Deals
- Twitch: Trip Out With KNIGHT OF CUPS Trailer From Terrence Malick
- MovieWeb: 'Knight of Cups' Trailer Starring Christian Bale
- Thompson on Hollywood: Watch: Mind-Blowing First Trailer for Terrence Malick's 'Knight of Cups'
- Hollywood Reporter: Watch the Trailer for Terrence Malick's 'Knight of Cups'
- Badass Digest: KNIGHT OF CUPS Is Terence Malick’s ENTOURAGE
- Screen Crush: 'Knight of Cups' Trailer: Get a First Look at Terrence Malick's Latest Stunner
- HitFix: Holy crap was the trailer for Terrence Malick's 'Knight of Cups' worth the wait
- FirstShowing.net: Must Watch: First Trailer for Terrence Malick's Film 'Knight of Cups'
- Empire Magazine: First Trailer For Terrence Malick's Knight Of Cups
- The Playlist: Baffling First Official Synopsis For Terrence Malick's 'Knight Of Cups' Unveiled
- Shockya: Knight of Cups Gets A New Trailer
- JoBlo: UPDATE: Terence Malick's Knight of Cups gets a crazy new trailer
The Bible epic “Exodus: Gods and Kings” will bring down reigning box-office champ “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” and win this weekend with a three-day opening of around $25 million. But it won’t match the March opening of the faith-based action saga “Noah” and isn’t going to lead the slumping box office out of the bull rushes. “Exodus,” which is directed by Ridley Scott and stars Christian Bale as Moses, brought in $8.6 million from 3,505 theaters in its debut Friday. That easily outpaced Lionsgate’s young adult blockbuster, which has been No.
- Hollywood Reporter: Box Office: 'Exodus' Tops Friday on Way to $25 Million Debut
- Collider: Friday Box Office: EXODUS Unseats MOCKINGJAY PART 1 with $8.6 Million
- Variety: ‘Exodus’ Will Rule U.S. Box Office With $25 Million Weekend
- Variety: Box Office: ‘Exodus’ Toppling ‘Mockingjay’ with $25 Million
- Deadline: Moses Battles Plague Of Holiday Shoppers On Friday – Box Office
- ScreenRant: ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’: Differences Between the Movie & the Bible
- Variety: Digital Tracking: ‘Exodus’ to Rise Above ‘Top Five’
- Entertainment Weekly: Critical Mass: Will reviews plague ‘Exodus’?
- USA Today: The best critic slams of 'Exodus'
- MTV Movies Blog: The Cast Of ‘Exodus’ Unspools The Legend Of The Golden Thong
Director Ridley Scott‘s Biblical epic “Exodus: Gods and Kings” got rolling with a $1.2 million haul from early shows at roughly 2,500 theaters Thursday night at the box office. “Exodus,” which stars Christian Bale as Moses, is expected to end the three-week run of reigning champ “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1” with a three-day total in the $25 million range. See photos: Golden Globes 2015: The Nominees (Photos) The early show haul for “Exodus” is a little under the early total of “Noah,” which brought in $1.6 milli
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office preview: ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ storms into theaters
- Variety: Box Office: Christian Bale’s ‘Exodus’ Rallies $1.2 Million on Thursday Night
- MTV Movies Blog: Here’s What Critics Are Saying About Ridley Scott’s ‘Exodus: Gods And Kings’
- MovieWeb: BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: 'Exodus' Takes on 'Mockingjay'
- Moviefone: Joel Edgerton on 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' and Seducing Snakes
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Critics Consensus: Exodus: Gods and Kings Fails to Reach the Promised Land
- Moviefone: 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Biblical Epic
- Deadline: ‘Exodus’ Vies For The Masses; Will Faith-Based Auds Show Up? – Box Office Preview
- Mania: Mania Review: Exodus: Gods and Kings
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Exodus: Gods and Kings': What the Critics Are Saying
- Hollywood Reporter: In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Exodus: Gods and Kings,' 'Top Five' and More
- AintItCool: Capone would rather drown in the Red Sea than endure the banality of EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS again
- Moviefone: 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' Review: A Fragile Balancing Act
- JoBlo: Review: Exodus Gods and Kings
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Exodus' to Reign Supreme at the Box Office This Weekend
- Film School Rejects: ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ Review: ‘Thor’ Does It Better
- USA Today: Ridley Scott has a way with water in 'Exodus' scene
- Deadline: ‘Exodus’, ‘Top Five’ Kickstart Weekend With Thursday Shows — UPDATE
- JoBlo: Exclusive Interview: Christian Bale, Ridley Scott, Joel Edgerton talk Exodus
- USA Today: Controversy trails 'Exodus' in journey to the screen
- USA Today: Screening Room: 'Exodus'
- Vulture: If You Can Wade Through the Dreadful First Hour of Exodus, Old-Fashioned Spectacle Awaits
Meeting, but rarely exceeding, expectations, Ridley Scott's grand retelling of Moses and the Hebrews' flight from Egypt is strong on visuals and A-list presence, but slight on narrative and characterisation. Christian Bale and Joel Egerton both put in fine performances as Moses and Rameses, while the rest of the big-name cast gets lost amidst a CG-heavy blizzard of battles, plagues, revolts and muddled imagery.
Ridley Scott‘s “Exodus: Gods and Kings” rolled up $23 million at the overseas box office this weekend, one week ahead of its North American debut. Fox opened the Biblical epic starring Christian Bale in 6,462 theaters in 10 foreign markets and it connected. Its $6.2 million opening in South Korea was the biggest ever for a Ridley Scott-directed film there.
The first time Ridley Scott let slip that he was planning a new movie epic about Moses, he said what interested him about the Biblical figure “isn’t the big stuff that everybody knows.” However, as trailers for the film – titled Exodus: Gods and Kings – began to hit the scene, it quickly became obvious this movie isn’t so much the “untold story” of Moses (played here by Christian Bale); it’s more just The Ten Commandments, redone with modern tentpole values, actors, and the self-seriousness of Scott’s previous historical epics (Kingd
- Comic Book Movie: New Trailer For Ridley Scott's EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS
- The Playlist: Review: Ridley Scott's 'Exodus: Gods and Kings,' Starring Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, And More
- HitFix: Review: There's nothing divine about Ridley Scott's 'Exodus: Gods & Kings'
- Filmonic: Moses Versus Ramses in Exodus: Gods and Kings
- HitFix: Rupert Murdoch and Ridley Scott make the 'Exodus' race debate worse
- Cinema Blend: Why Ridley Scott Had To Cast White People As Egyptians, According To Ridley Scott
- Digital Spy: Rupert Murdoch on Exodus race row: 'Since when are Egyptians not white?'
- Digital Spy: The Hobbit, Exodus, Unbroken: 5 must-watch December cinema releases
- The Playlist: Watch: New Clip From 'Exodus,' Rupert Murdoch Weighs In On Casting Controversy
If you're going into “Exodus: Gods and Kings” thinking that director Ridley Scott is going to give the Moses story anything we didn't already get from Cecil B. DeMille in two versions of “The Ten Commandments,” prepare to be disappointed.
- IndieWire: Review: Christian Bale's Moses Can't Liberate Ridley Scott's Bland 'Exodus: Gods and Kings'
- The Playlist: Watch: Epic Thanksgiving Trailer For Ridley Scott's 'Exodus: Gods And Kings'
- JoBlo: New trailer for Ridley Scott's Exodus: Gods and Kings floods with epicness
- Screen Crush: 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' TV Spot: Ready Yourselves for an Epic Battle
- Dark Horizons: Thanksgiving Trailer: "Exodus: Gods and Kings"
- We Got This Covered: Exodus: Gods And Kings Trailer Is Unleashed
- Cinema Blend: Moses Would Be Branded As A Terrorist Today, According To Christian Bale
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Exodus: Gods and Kings': Film Review
- Latino Review: Bad Ass 90-Second TV Spot for 'Exodus: Gods and Kings'
- Bleeding Cool: Exodus: Gods And Kings – Ready Yourself Trailer
- MovieWeb: All-New 90-Second 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' TV Trailer
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: The Sea Rises in the 'Exodus: Gods & Kings' Extended TV Spot
- Variety: Rupert Murdoch Defends ‘Exodus’ All-White Cast, Says Egyptians Are White
- Deadline: Rupert Murdoch Defends White ‘Exodus’ Cast & Stirs Racial Backlash On Twitter
- The Wrap: Rupert Murdoch Defends ‘Exodus’ All-White Cast: ‘Since When Are Egyptians Not White?’
- Variety: What ‘Exodus’ Could Learn From Noah, Lincoln and Jeffrey Katzenberg (Guest Column)