Now that you've seen it, what did you think? Heroes come in all shapes and sizes...even rectangles. Now playing is the latest stop-motion animated feature film from Laika titled The Boxtrolls, co-written by Irena Brignull & Adam Pava adapted from Alan Snow's novel "Here Be Monsters!", co-directed by Graham Annable & Anthony Stacchi. The film tells the story of an orphan boy raised by underground cave-dwelling trash collectors called Boxtrolls. It's wacky, but tons of fun. How much fun? Better than Laika's other films or more of the same?
- ScreenRant: ‘The Boxtrolls’ Directors Discuss Blending Stop-Motion & CG Animation
- USA Today: Meet 'The Boxtrolls': Who's who underneath Cheesebridge
- Shockya: Interview: Travis Knight on Bringing ‘The Boxtrolls’ to Life
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Critics Consensus: The Boxtrolls, The Equalizer, Fall TV
- Hollywood Reporter: 'The Boxtrolls': What the Critics Are Saying
- Hollywood Reporter: In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'The Equalizer,' 'The Boxtrolls' and More
- Twitch: Review: THE BOXTROLLS Is Corrugated Yet Impressive
- Film School Rejects: ‘The Boxtrolls’ Review: Absolutely Delightful
- SlashFilm: Page 2: Star Wars, Mulholland Drive, Harry Potter, Transformers, BTTF, Avatar, Muppets, TWD, Charlie Brown, Boxtrolls, Firefly
- The Wrap: How ‘Boxtrolls’ Got Made by Two Guys Who Didn't Know Any Better
- FirstShowing.net: Watch: Featurette Shows Meticulous Work on Set of 'The Boxtrolls'
- JoBlo: Exclusive Int: The Boxtrolls Directors Anthony Stacchi and Graham Annable!
Even though Marvel isn't making a big stink about their property "Big Hero 6" making it cinemas courtesy of Disney Animation (they're not even going to reprint the comics on which they're based), for a certain segment of fans this is a pretty exciting stuff. But Disney knows they have to reach far beyond the fanboys to make this movie — not based on a toy or even a title anybody has heard of — appealing to Mom and Dad Ticketbuyer who they want to bring their kids.
- Moviefone: Disney's New 'Big Hero 6' Trailer Is Great. Really Great. (VIDEO)
- Shockya: Big Hero 6 Gets A Brand New TV Spot
- Entertainment Weekly: Puffy robot Baymax takes center stage in new ‘Big Hero 6′ trailer
- Comic Book Movie: UPDATE: Brand New BIG HERO 6 Trailer And TV Spot
- Coming Soon: New Big Hero 6 Trailer Shows Baymax in Action!
- Screen Crush: 'Big Hero 6′ Trailer Brings the Marvel Factor to Disney Animation
- MovieWeb: Third 'Big Hero 6' Trailer Brings New Footage!
The Boxtrolls is out tomorrow in the US so I compiled a list of some of the best videos they released in the last couple of days, a few featurettes, a clip and some other funny things. Learn a bit more about Laika’s history with stop-motion animation as well as what makes The Boxtrolls maybe […] Read Family, 3D and Other Things that Make The Boxtrolls Special on Filmonic.
- AintItCool: Capone goes frame by frame through THE BOXTROLLS with co-directors Graham Annable & Anthony Stacchi
- Badass Digest: The Badass Interview: Travis Knight (THE BOXTROLLS)
- Variety: Box Office: Denzel Washington Powering ‘Equalizer’ Over ‘Boxtrolls’
- Deadline: Discovery Unveils Schedule For Relaunch Of The Hub As Discovery Family Under Henry Schleiff
- Variety: Japan’s ‘Tora-san’ Director Yoji Yamada Returns to ‘Family’ Comedy
- Moviefone: WATCH LIVE: The Directors of 'The Boxtrolls' at AOL BUILD
- Deadline: Tommy Johnagin-Starring Family Comedy From ‘Surviving Jack’ Duo & Bill Lawrence Gets CBS Production Commitment
- JoBlo: Exclusive 1:1 Interview: The Boxtrolls Star Elle Fanning!
- MovieWeb: 'Boxtrolls' Interview with Ben Kingsley | EXCLUSIVE
- The Playlist: Review: Laika's 'The Boxtrolls' Featuring The Voices of Elle Fanning, Simon Pegg, Ben Kingsley, Nick Frost And More
- IGN Movies: The Boxtrolls Review
Beneath the streets of Cheesebridge live a group of mischievous but lovable monsters known as The Boxtrolls. For years, the town’s residents have lived in fear of the creatures but in spite of their grotesque appearance and often ill-mannered behavior, The Boxtrolls are actually a loving group of oddball do-gooders.
- Screen Crush: 'The Boxtrolls' and Laika: The Bad Boys of Studio Animation
- SlashFilm: Page 2: Star Wars, Harry Potter, Danny Elfman, Tron, Spaceballs, Goldbergs, Maze Runner, Doctor Who, Boxtrolls, Firefly
- ScreenRant: ‘The Boxtrolls’: Ben Kingsley Talks Voicing a Villain; Will Trevor Slattery Return?
- Coming Soon: The Weekend Warrior: The Equalizer, The Boxtrolls
The Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory is shaping up to be a reunion for The Wire now that Dominic West and Idris Elba are confirmed to be appearing in the Pixar film. Speaking to ShortList, West told the mag that he and Elba "were recording " when recounting the last time he saw his co-star from the beloved HBO series. Their roles in the Finding Nemo follow-up have not yet been revealed. Idris Elba (left) and Dominic West (right) in The WireContinue reading…
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: 'Finding Dory' Will Reunite 'The Wire' Actors
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Finding Dory’ meets ‘The Wire’? It could happen
- Cinema Blend: Finding Dory Will Feature An Awesome The Wire Reunion
Like this summer's “Let's Be Cops” and 2012's “The Watch,” two high-concept comedies that lost their allure after Ferguson and the killing of Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman, respectively, the home-invasion thriller “No Good Deed” arrives at an inopportune time.
- We Got This Covered: Idris Elba And Dominic West Join Finding Dory
- Vulture: No Good Deed Is a Sadistic Mess
- MovieWeb: 'Finding Dory' Reunites 'Wire' Stars Idris Elba and Dominic West
- ScreenRant: ‘Finding Dory’ Voice Cast Includes Idris Elba and Dominic West
- Empire Magazine: Dominic West And Idris Elba On For Finding Dory
- The Wrap: Taraji P. Henson Says Her Oscar-Nominated ‘Fat Ass’ Can Get a Table, But Not Hollywood's Respect
During Disney’s Big Hero 6 press day I had the opportunity to sit down with the film makers and discuss the upcoming animated feature. You’ll be familiar with the film makers as they have been behind many of the more recent Disney films such as Lilo & Stitch (Williams), The Emperor’s New Groove (Hall, Williams), Bolt (Williams), Wreck-It Ralph (Williams), Tangled (Conli) and Frozen (Williams). As many of you have noticed, the marketing for the film thus far is pretty light on “Marvel” and pretty heavy on “Disney”.
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Big Hero 6' Sneak Peek: Disney Grabs the Marvel Superhero Holy Grail
- Collider: 24 Things to Know About Walt Disney’s BIG HERO 6
- Film School Rejects: Squishably Soft Or Horrifying Nightmare Swarm: Meet the Robots of ‘Big Hero 6′
- HitFix: Disney's ‘Big Hero 6' and ‘Tomorrowland’ headed to New York Comic Con
There was a post-”princess movie” moment where Disney chased the “boy demographic.” It didnt' work out so well; Films like 'Atlantis' and 'Treasure Planet' came and went. Under the current Disney brand, 'Big Hero 6' isn't as aggressively alternative — not with Marvel as an in-house entity — but but the competition raises questions of what the Mouse House can bring to the table. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was basically a cartoon. Guardians of the Galaxy's five-character team had two fully CG characters. The Transformers moves are basically the pixel equivalent of a Stan Brakhage film.
- SlashFilm: Big Hero 6 Behind the Scenes: Learn About the Making of Disney Animation’s First Marvel Movie
- Entertainment Weekly: Hiro Hamada gets diagnosed with puberty in first ‘Big Hero 6′ clip
- IGN Movies: Disney Bringing Big Hero 6, Tomorrowland to NYCC
- Coming Soon: Walt Disney Animation Studios Reveals a 2-Minute Clip from Big Hero 6
- SlashFilm: ‘Big Hero 6′ Clip: Baymax Asks “How Would You Rate Your Pain?”
- Cinema Blend: Baymax Brings All Of The Emojis To Latest Big Hero 6 Clip
- AintItCool: Behold A 2 Minute Clip Of Disney/Marvel’s BIG HERO 6!!
- Variety: ‘Marvel Super Hero September’ Puts Spotlight on Characters Outside Theaters
- Hollywood Reporter: Watch Two Minutes of 'Big Hero 6': Pain Ratings and Puberty
- Mania: New BIG HERO 6 CLIP
- Coming Soon: Big Hero 6 and Tomorrowland Coming to New York Comic Con
- ScreenRant: Don’t Expect To See Captain Marvel in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
- MovieWeb: 'Big Hero 6' and 'Tomorrowland' Announced for New York Comic Con
- Comic Book Movie: Baymax Diagnosing Hiro's Pain In New BIG HERO 6 Clip
- MovieWeb: First 'Big Hero 6' Clip: Nurse Baymax Gives Hiro a Diagnosis
- ScreenRant: ‘Boondock Saints 3′ Has A Title & Story – Is It Actually Going To Happen?
- Coming Soon: Interview: Directors Don Hall and Chris Williams Reveal the World of Big Hero 6
- Badass Digest: How Will The Movie Version Of THE STAND End?
Laika's latest film "The Boxtrolls" landed in Venice over the weekend. The film's directors, Anthony Stacchi and Graham Annable, as well as Laika CEO Travis Knight, recently sat down to discuss the film and the direction of the studio from here.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
The Boxtrolls is a triumph of storytelling, wit and charm from directors Graham Annable and Anthony Stacchi that confirms Laika as a very special animation studiohttp://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Mania: The Boxtrolls Featurette - Meet the Characters
- Variety: Venice Film Review: ‘The Boxtrolls’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'The Boxtrolls': Venice Review
- The Wrap: ‘Boxtrolls’ Venice Review: A Charmless Misfire from Laika Studios