The Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory is shaping up to be a reunion for The Wire now that Dominic West and Idris Elba are confirmed to be appearing in the Pixar film. Speaking to ShortList, West told the mag that he and Elba "were recording " when recounting the last time he saw his co-star from the beloved HBO series. Their roles in the Finding Nemo follow-up have not yet been revealed. Idris Elba (left) and Dominic West (right) in The WireContinue reading…
- Screen Crush: The Wrap Up: 'Finding Dory' Will Reunite 'The Wire' Actors
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Finding Dory’ meets ‘The Wire’? It could happen
- Cinema Blend: Finding Dory Will Feature An Awesome The Wire Reunion
Like this summer's “Let's Be Cops” and 2012's “The Watch,” two high-concept comedies that lost their allure after Ferguson and the killing of Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman, respectively, the home-invasion thriller “No Good Deed” arrives at an inopportune time.
- We Got This Covered: Idris Elba And Dominic West Join Finding Dory
- Vulture: No Good Deed Is a Sadistic Mess
- MovieWeb: 'Finding Dory' Reunites 'Wire' Stars Idris Elba and Dominic West
- ScreenRant: ‘Finding Dory’ Voice Cast Includes Idris Elba and Dominic West
- Empire Magazine: Dominic West And Idris Elba On For Finding Dory
- The Wrap: Taraji P. Henson Says Her Oscar-Nominated ‘Fat Ass’ Can Get a Table, But Not Hollywood's Respect
During Disney’s Big Hero 6 press day I had the opportunity to sit down with the film makers and discuss the upcoming animated feature. You’ll be familiar with the film makers as they have been behind many of the more recent Disney films such as Lilo & Stitch (Williams), The Emperor’s New Groove (Hall, Williams), Bolt (Williams), Wreck-It Ralph (Williams), Tangled (Conli) and Frozen (Williams). As many of you have noticed, the marketing for the film thus far is pretty light on “Marvel” and pretty heavy on “Disney”.
- Thompson on Hollywood: 'Big Hero 6' Sneak Peek: Disney Grabs the Marvel Superhero Holy Grail
- Collider: 24 Things to Know About Walt Disney’s BIG HERO 6
- Film School Rejects: Squishably Soft Or Horrifying Nightmare Swarm: Meet the Robots of ‘Big Hero 6′
- HitFix: Disney's ‘Big Hero 6' and ‘Tomorrowland’ headed to New York Comic Con
There was a post-”princess movie” moment where Disney chased the “boy demographic.” It didnt' work out so well; Films like 'Atlantis' and 'Treasure Planet' came and went. Under the current Disney brand, 'Big Hero 6' isn't as aggressively alternative — not with Marvel as an in-house entity — but but the competition raises questions of what the Mouse House can bring to the table. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was basically a cartoon. Guardians of the Galaxy's five-character team had two fully CG characters. The Transformers moves are basically the pixel equivalent of a Stan Brakhage film.
- SlashFilm: Big Hero 6 Behind the Scenes: Learn About the Making of Disney Animation’s First Marvel Movie
- Entertainment Weekly: Hiro Hamada gets diagnosed with puberty in first ‘Big Hero 6′ clip
- IGN Movies: Disney Bringing Big Hero 6, Tomorrowland to NYCC
- Coming Soon: Walt Disney Animation Studios Reveals a 2-Minute Clip from Big Hero 6
- SlashFilm: ‘Big Hero 6′ Clip: Baymax Asks “How Would You Rate Your Pain?”
- Cinema Blend: Baymax Brings All Of The Emojis To Latest Big Hero 6 Clip
- AintItCool: Behold A 2 Minute Clip Of Disney/Marvel’s BIG HERO 6!!
- Variety: ‘Marvel Super Hero September’ Puts Spotlight on Characters Outside Theaters
- Hollywood Reporter: Watch Two Minutes of 'Big Hero 6': Pain Ratings and Puberty
- Mania: New BIG HERO 6 CLIP
- Coming Soon: Big Hero 6 and Tomorrowland Coming to New York Comic Con
- ScreenRant: Don’t Expect To See Captain Marvel in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′
- MovieWeb: 'Big Hero 6' and 'Tomorrowland' Announced for New York Comic Con
- Comic Book Movie: Baymax Diagnosing Hiro's Pain In New BIG HERO 6 Clip
- MovieWeb: First 'Big Hero 6' Clip: Nurse Baymax Gives Hiro a Diagnosis
- ScreenRant: ‘Boondock Saints 3′ Has A Title & Story – Is It Actually Going To Happen?
- Coming Soon: Interview: Directors Don Hall and Chris Williams Reveal the World of Big Hero 6
- Badass Digest: How Will The Movie Version Of THE STAND End?
Laika's latest film "The Boxtrolls" landed in Venice over the weekend. The film's directors, Anthony Stacchi and Graham Annable, as well as Laika CEO Travis Knight, recently sat down to discuss the film and the direction of the studio from here.http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
The Boxtrolls is a triumph of storytelling, wit and charm from directors Graham Annable and Anthony Stacchi that confirms Laika as a very special animation studiohttp://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention
- Mania: The Boxtrolls Featurette - Meet the Characters
- Variety: Venice Film Review: ‘The Boxtrolls’
- Hollywood Reporter: 'The Boxtrolls': Venice Review
- The Wrap: ‘Boxtrolls’ Venice Review: A Charmless Misfire from Laika Studios
2014 marks the first year since 2005 that Pixar has not released a new movie, following the studio's decision to shift their upcoming project The Good Dinosaur from a May 30, 2014 release to November 25, 2015, after they removed director Bob Peterson from the project last August.We haven't heard anything about this delayed Pixar animated adventure since then, but now we have a new update from voice actor John Lithgow, who revealed in a new interview that the studio has completely reworked the story, and he will have to come back in to record the new dialogue next month."I recorded the e
- Dark Horizons: Pixar's "Good Dinosaur" Gets Re-Tooled
- JoBlo: Pixar's The Good Dinosaur has been dismantled and reimagined
- Screen Crush: Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur' Has Been Completely "Dismantled and Reimagined"
- SlashFilm: Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’ Has Been “Completely Reimagined”
- ScreenRant: Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’ Has Been ‘Completely Reimagined’
DreamWorks Animation officially has a franchise. “How to Train Your Dragon 2,” the sequel to the Oscar-nominated 2010 film, broke through the $500 million worldwide box office barrier on Thursday, thanks to a solid $5.6 million opening in China. Also read: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2' Review: Something Gets Lost in the Leap from Romp to Epic “We have been incredibly proud of ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2' from the moment we saw it and we're thrilled that it has been embraced around the world with such enthusiasm,” DreamWorks Animation's chief m
A new trailer has arrived online for The Boxtrolls, the new animation from Laika, the creators of Coraline and Paranorman. The new trailer sets about establishing the world of the Boxtrolls, a race of mischievous but friendly creatures who have happily raised an orphaned human boy, named Eggs. However, all is not well, as villainous town rotter Archibald Snatcher has cooked up a plan to get rid of the Boxtrolls once and for all. Boooooo!
- We Got This Covered: Worlds Collide In New Trailer And Poster For The Boxtrolls
- MovieWeb: 'The Boxtrolls' Extended TV Spot and Final Poster
- SlashFilm: ‘The Boxtrolls’ Trailer and Poster: Meet the Family
It's been two years since it was announced that Universal Pictures was teaming up with Despicable Me animation studio Illumination Entertainment for a live-action/animated hybrid adaptation of Scholastic's giant canine, Clifford the Big Red Dog. Now word comes from Universal that they will take the humongous dog out for a walk in theaters on April 8th, 2016. Still no plot details, voice cast or director has been revealed for the project, but when the project was announced in 2012, Bedtime Stories, Race to Witch Mountain and The Sorcerer's Apprentice scribe Matt Lopez was writing the script.