Angelina Jolie News
Rentrak.com released the following estimates from this past weekend with the number one film worldwide going to 20th Century Fox and Dreamworks Animation's "KUNG FU PANDA 3" starring the voices of Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Bryan Cranston, Angelina Jolie, J.K. Simmons, Kate Hudson, Lucy Liu, Seth Rogen, Jackie Chan and David Cross. "KUNG FU PANDA 3" grossed an impressive $116.7 million internationally and $41.0 million domestically.20th Century Fox's "THE REVENANT" took second place internationally with $36.7 million and $12.4 million domestically.
- Cinema Blend: Weekend Box Office: Number One Kung Fu Panda 3 Finishes Out Strong January
- Deadline: ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Kicks Off With $75.7M; Sets Animated Opening Record In China – International Box Office
- Thompson on Hollywood: Top 10 Takeaways: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Boosts Box Office
- Vulture: Kung Fu Panda 3 Kung Fu-ed Its Way Into the Record Books
- IGN Movies: Kung Fu Panda 3 Debuts Atop the Weekend Box Office
- Variety: Korea Box Office: ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Opens on Top
- The Wrap: ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Pummels Weak Rivals in Box Office Win
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' #1; Holdovers Make Up for Money Lost in the Snow
- Screen Crush: Weekend Box Office Report: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops, 'The Finest Hours' Flops
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' bests 'Finest Hours,' 'Fifty Shades of Black'
- The Playlist: Box Office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Takes Top Spot, 'Jane Got A Gun' Posts Worst Weinstein Company Wide Release Opening Ever
- MovieWeb: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Takes the Weekend Box Office with $41M
- Dark Horizons: "Panda" Tops, "Jane" Flops At Box-Office
“Maleficent” made just about $70 million for Disney in the U.S. alone last weekend, more or less guaranteeing that it will become a valuable franchise for the company, with all the merchandising and extra programming that such a property entails. Also read: Angelina Jolie's ‘Maleficent’ Crushes Seth MacFarlane's Cowboy Comedy at Box Office Hopefully, that includes a full feature film — and doll line!
Walt Disney Pictures' Maleficent is now playing in theaters and we've created this spot for you to tell us and your fellow moviegoers what you thought about the Robert Stromberg-directed film, starring Angelina Jolie, Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Juno Temple and Lesley Manville.
- The Wrap: ‘Maleficent’ Reviews: Angelina Jolie Delivers – But Does the Rest of the Movie?
- Deadline: DeadlineNow: ‘Maleficent’ Expected To Be No. 1 At Weekend Box Office (Video)
- AintItCool: Harry invokes RASHOMON while talking about MALEFICENT!
- Denver Post: Review: Eye-candy "Maleficent" falters as twist on "Sleeping Beauty"
- Mania: Mania Review: Maleficent
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Maleficent': What the Critics Are Saying
- Vulture: Ebiri on Maleficent: Don’t Let Her Be Misunderstood
- Entertainment Weekly: Critical Mass: Are the critics under Angelina Jolie’s spell in ‘Maleficent’?
- IndieWire: Review: 'Maleficent' Is a Predictable 3-D Wonder, But Should We Expect More From Angelina Jolie?
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Video: Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning, and Sharlto Copley on Maleficent
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Critics Consensus: Maleficent is So-So, But Jolie is Great
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Maleficent' Set to Reign On Final Weekend of May
- MovieWeb: 'Maleficent' IMAX Featurette and Cast Interviews with Angelina Jolie
- Twitch: Review: MALEFICENT Casts A Feminist Spell
- JoBlo: Exclusive 1:1 Interview: Maleficent Star Elle Fanning!
- The Wrap: Will the ‘Maleficent’ and ‘Lion King’ Writer Finally Get to Direct Her Own Epic?
- Film School Rejects: Required Reading: Post-Credits Scenes And ‘Maleficent’ Hating Men
- FirstShowing.net: Review: 'Maleficent' Presents an Unforgettable Lead But Little Else
This Friday, Walt Disney Pictures invites you to take another look at the villain behind their 1959 animated classic Sleeping Beauty when Angelina Jolie breathes new cinematic life into the iconic Maleficent, revealing that there's always another side to every story.
- The Playlist: Review: Disney's 'Maleficent' Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning And Sharlto Copley
- Digital Spy: Maleficent review: 'Angelina Jolie is mesmerising'
- Variety: Film Review: ‘Maleficent’
- Coming Soon: Angelina Jolie Shows Off Her Magic in Two New Maleficent Clips
- MovieWeb: The Shapeshifter Diaval Is Introduced in Two 'Maleficent' Clips
- ScreenRant: Box Office Prediction: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ vs. ‘Maleficent’
- Comic Book Movie: First Wave Of MALEFICENT Reviews Shower Angelina Jolie With Praise
- The Wrap: ‘Maleficent’ Review: Angelina Jolie Helps Flip the Script, ‘Wicked'- Style (Video)
- Bleeding Cool: On Set Interview: Elle Fanning Lays Really, Really Still And Talks About Maleficent
- JoBlo: Exclusive 1:1 Interview: Maleficent Star Sam Riley!
- MovieWeb: Enter the Magical World of 'Maleficent' with Angelina Jolie
Hopefully everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend and certainly the box office is having a particularly nice boom (unless you're Adam Sandler) and as the first month of summer comes to a close, everyone is hoping that moviegoers' love for the theatrical experience will continue through the rest of the summer. This weekend sees the release of two movies that couldn't be any more different even as it pits two celebrities who made waves at the Oscars, Angelina Jolie and Seth MacFarlane, against each other for box office supremacy. At the start of the summer i.e.
- We Got This Covered: The West Is A Dangerous, Immature Place In New Clips And Pics From A Million Ways To Die In The West
- Twitch: Review: A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST Strikes Comedy Gold
- Entertainment Weekly: Box office report: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ electrifies with an $111 million four-day weekend
- Variety: Box Office: Angelina Jolie’s ‘Maleficent’ Targets $60 Million-Plus Opening
- Comic Book Movie: New MALEFICENT Clips - "Pretty Bird" & "Evil Fairy"
- HitFix: 'Maleficent' star Elle Fanning shares the secrets of sleep-acting
- Filmonic: Watch: New Behind-the-Scenes Footage for Maleficent
- JoBlo: Exclusive 1:1 Interview: Maleficent Star Sharlto Copley!
- IGN Movies: Angelina Jolie Discusses Her Love For Maleficent
- Screen Crush: 'Maleficent' Director Robert Stromberg Explains Those Reshoot Rumors
With Maleficent aiming her dark magic at the big screen this week, we sat down for a natter with stars Elle Fanning and Sam Riley, who talked up Disney's live-action latest. Considering how terrifying Angelina Jolie is in the film's trailers as the titular bad fairy, we wanted to know what she was like when the horns came off. Was she just as scary? Or did she leave the creepy cackles and sinister stares on set? See what Fanning and Riley had to say below... Maleficent opens in the UK on Wednesday 28 May 2014. You can check out the tumblr here.
- HitFix: Angelina Jolie on 'Maleficent' and Her Daughter's Debut
- Hollywood Reporter: Angelina Jolie Says Mastectomy Affects Her Conversations (Video)
- USA Today: Watch: 'Maleficent' v. animated Maleficent
- MovieWeb: 'Maleficent' Featurette: On the Battlefield