Andrew Garfield News
Martin Scorsese‘s “Silence” will be getting an awards-season run. The film will open limited on December 23, 2016, and then go wide in January 2017. “Silence” is a historic drama based on the novel by Shūsaku Endō. It is produced by Scorsese, Paul Breuls, Vittorio Cecchi Gori, Barbara De Fina, Randall Emmett, George Furla, Emma Tillinger Koksoff and Irwin Winkler. Also Read: Martin Scorsese Hopes to 'Direct a Few More' Episodes of 'Vinyl' The script was adapted by Scorsese and Jay Cocks, and stars Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver and Liam Neeson.
Few directors working today can maintain the consistency of Martin Scorsese. The New York auteur has been an omnipresent force in the film industry since the early 1970s, producing acclaimed urban dramas with startling regularity. Scorsese’s upcoming film, Silence, is a historical drama that will take the director out of the city and across the Pacific, for a movie headlined by Andrew Garfield (The Amazing Spider-Man) and Adam Driver (Star Wars: The Force Awakens). In addition to these two up and coming headliners, Scorsese’s upcoming film will reunite him with a familiar face.
- We Got This Covered: First Look At A Bearded Liam Neeson In Martin Scorsese’s Religious Drama Silence
- SlashFilm: ‘Silence’ First Look: Liam Neeson Stars in Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project
- Cinema Blend: See How Much Weight Liam Neeson Lost For Martin Scorsese's Silence
- Thompson on Hollywood: First Look: Liam Neeson in Martin Scorsese's Period Epic, 'Silence'
- The Playlist: First Look: Liam Neeson In Martin Scorsese's 'Silence'
- Screen Crush: Martin Scorsese's 'Silence' Reveals New Photo, Liam Neeson Shares Details
- JoBlo: First look at Liam Neeson from Martin Scorsese's Silence
- Dark Horizons: Neeson Talks Scorsese's "Silence" Shoot
There was a tragic death Wednesday on the set of Martin Scorsese‘s “Silence,” which is to star Liam Neeson, Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver. The film is in pre-production at Taiwan’s CMPC Studios.
- Deadline: Tragic Death On Taiwan Set Of Martin Scorsese-Directed ‘Silence’
- Variety: Construction Worker Killed on Set of Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’
- Hollywood Reporter: One Person Dies on Set of Martin Scorsese's 'Silence'
- Digital Spy: A person dies on the set of Martin Scorsese's new film Silence
- Digital Spy: Person dies on the set of Martin Scorsese's new film Silence
- Cinema Blend: Someone Died On The Set Of Martin Scorsese's New Movie Silence
After being in the works for about 20 years, Martin Scorsese finally has full funding to get his adaptation of Shusaku Endo's novel Silence off the ground. Production was originally supposed to begin this past fall, but it took a little long to get all the money together to make it happen. Now Deadline reports Fábrica de Cine and SharpSword Films have boarded the project as producers and are fully financing the film. The cast is also solidified with Liam Neeson, Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver and Tadanobu Asano (though Ken Watanabe was once involved, he's no longer in the film).
- MovieWeb: Martin Scorsese Begins Shooting 'Silence' This January
- Entertainment Weekly: Martin Scorsese’s obsessed with mirrors: Here’s the proof
- Dark Horizons: Scorsese's "Silence" Scores Funding