Concept Art by Andy Park From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team—the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel's “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe.
- Cinema Blend: 5 Things Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet Storyline Might Tell Us About Guardians 2, Avengers 3
- Collider: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: AWESOME MIX VOL. 1 Will Finally Be Released in the Proper Format: Audio Cassette
- HitFix: Dust off that Walkman: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be issued on cassette
- JoBlo: Read the Super Mario World script Max Landis wrote including concept art
Most of the focus on the upcoming 'Justice League' movie has been on Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman. Primarily because those are the most well-known characters and we know the actors playing them (Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller and Jason Momoa, respectively.) But, there's one additional member of the Justice League that will be joining the team and has already filming his 'Batman vs. Superman' appearance: Cyborg. Continue reading…
- MovieWeb: 'Cyborg' Star Talks 'Justice League' and 'Batman v Superman'
- ScreenRant: ‘Cyborg’ Actor Ray Fisher Talks ‘Batman V Superman’ & ‘Justice League’
- Comic Book Movie: Ray Fisher Talks CYBORG; Teases Role In BATMAN v SUPERMAN And JUSTICE LEAGUE(s)
- Latino Review: Ray Fisher Talks About ‘Cyborg’ and ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’
- Cinema Blend: Cyborg Is Definitely In Batman v Superman, Here Are The Details
- SlashFilm: Ray Fisher Didn’t Know About ‘Cyborg’ Solo Movie; Already Finished ‘Batman v Superman’ Role
- Comic Book Movie: Ray Fisher On BATMAN v SUPERMAN And CYBORG; Didn't Know He Was Getting A Solo Movie
- Moviefone: Is Jena Malone Playing Robin in 'Batman v Superman'?
- We Got This Covered: Ray Fisher Admits He Had No Idea About Cyborg Stand-Alone Film
- Dark Horizons: Ray Fisher Talks DC "Cyborg" Film Reveal
- Coming Soon: WB's Cyborg, Ray Fisher, Promises 'A Hell of a Treat' in Store for DC Comics Fans
- Collider: Ray Fisher Says He Didn’t Know He Was Getting a Solo CYBORG Movie
- JoBlo: Ray Fisher didn't know about solo Cyborg movie; promises a hell of a treat
- FirstShowing.net: Ray Fisher Had No Idea There Would Be a Standalone 'Cyborg' Movie
James Cameron had some important advice for the upcoming “Terminator: Genisys.”With the sixty-seven-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger set to reprise his role, Cameron offered some advice to producer David Ellison on how to utilize the veteran actor in the story.He told Deadline the following:“Outer covering (of the Terminator) was actually not synthetic, that it was organic and therefore could age. You could theoretically have a Terminator that was sent back in time, missed his target, and ended up just kind of living on in society.
- Coming Soon: James Cameron Reveals Advice He Gave Terminator Genisys Producer
- MovieWeb: 'Terminator Genisys' Aging T-800 Idea Came from James Cameron
- Comic Book Movie: James Cameron Explains How Old-Arnie-Cyborg Can Be In TERMINATOR: GENISYS
- Digital Spy: James Cameron explains Terminator ageing
- IGN Movies: Cameron on How Arnold Can Be in Terminator: Genisys
Despite BIG HERO 6 being released on November 7, Marvel movie news has died down for a bit (well, until that AGE OF ULTRON trailer hits . . . ). However, pre-production is underway for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 with the film already being written. At Variety‘s Entertainment & Technology Summit, writer/director James Gunn teased the audience with a few tidbits of information regarding the... Read More...
- Hollywood Reporter: China Box Office: Stellar Showing by 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- Moviefone: How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'
- Digital Spy: Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack to be released on cassette tape
- Comic Book Movie: James Gunn Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Deleted Scenes, Sequel Plans, And More
- MTV Movies Blog: Listen To The ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Soundtrack The Way You Were Supposed To
- Collider: James Gunn Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2, Discusses Possible Additions to the Team
- MovieWeb: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Director Teases New Team Members
- ScreenRant: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′ is About a ‘Universe, Not One Story’
- Latino Review: James Gunn Talks 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- Variety: ‘Guardians’ Claims China Box Office Crown
- Dark Horizons: Gunn Gives Brief "Guardians" Sequel Update
- IGN Movies: Guardians Now Marvel's 3rd-Highest Grossing Film
#gotgpicoftheday I felt for these background actors with masks shooting on the hottest days of the year in London. pic.twitter.com/zzrT9jyk2A — James Gunn (@JamesGunn) October 20, 2014 From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team—the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Variety: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Tops Foreign Box Office Thanks to China
- Cinema Blend: The Worst Guardians Of The Galaxy Chinese Translation Fails
- ScreenRant: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Now the Third Highest-Grossing Marvel Movie
- Deadline: Int’l Box Office Update: ‘Guardians’ Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; ‘Dracula Untold’, ‘Gone Girl’, ‘Annabelle’ Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Adam McKay was hired to rewrite the script for ANT-MAN right around the same time director Peyton Reed joined the project, and in an interview with Collider, McKay talked a little about the changes he made to Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish's original script for the Marvel movie. First, Adam McKay says star Paul Rudd contacted him after Edgar Wright exited ANT-MAN, and explains why he decided not to direct... Read More...
- Digital Spy: Paul Rudd and Adam McKay rewrote Marvel's Ant-Man movie
- Hollywood Reporter: Adam McKay Reveals the Changes He Made to 'Ant-Man' Script
- Total Film: Adam McKay talks Ant-Man rewrites
- The Playlist: Adam McKay Says His Rewrites On 'Ant-Man' Made It "Bigger," "More Aggressive," And "Funnier"
- FirstShowing.net: Adam McKay on 'More Aggressive' & 'Funny' Rewrites on 'Ant-Man'
- Hollywood Reporter: Adam McKay Takes On Gun Lobby "Lap Dogs" in Congress
This past weekend saw the Walker Stalker Con in Atlanta, Georgia. Aside from all things walking and stalking, Jason Momoa decided to grace the Con with his presence. His portrayal of Khal Drogo in HBO's Game of Thrones made the man a fan-favorite but Momoa has been pretty tight-lipped regarding his latest DC endeavor, even if it was obvious he was playing Aquaman. Now that the cat's out... Read More...
- Coming Soon: Jason Momoa Finally Opens Up About Playing Aquaman
- We Got This Covered: Jason Momoa Opens Up About Aquaman And Praises Zack Snyder
- Dark Horizons: Momoa Finally Talks His Aquaman Role
- Cinema Blend: What The Aquaman Movie Will Be About, According To Jason Momoa
- Comic Book Movie: First Comments On AQUAMAN Role From Jason Momoa; "Zack Snyder Is A Genius"
- ScreenRant: Jason Momoa Talks ‘Aquaman’; Confirms ‘Batman V Superman’ Role?
- Collider: Jason Momoa Confirms Aquaman for JUSTICE LEAGUE; Predicts AQUAMAN Will Be an Origin Story
- Comic Book Movie: Jason Momoa Talks JUSTICE LEAGUE And Starring In A Solo AQUAMAN Movie
- Vulture: Jason Momoa’s Game of Thrones Audition Tape Is Terrifyingly Good
- ScreenRant: SR Geek Picks: ‘Batman v Superman’ SDCC Teaser, Jason Momoa’s ‘GoT’ Audition & More
- The Wrap: ‘Aquaman’ Star Jason Momoa's ‘Game of Thrones’ Audition Is Intense and Powerful (Video)
- MTV Movies Blog: Jason Momoa’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ Audition Isn’t His Craziest
Robert Downey Jr. caused a hailstorm of news this past month when he first confirmed Iron Man 4 was happening, and then recanted his statements. This eventually led to the announcement that Tony Stark will appear as a major character in Captain America 3, with Marvel setting up its Civil War storyline. Now, knowing the impact of his words, Robert Downey Jr. isn't saying much else.Still out promoting his feature film The Judge, Robert Downey Jr. was asked if he could reveals a few more tidbits about his impending role in Captain America 3. All he can do is tease what we all assume.
- Coming Soon: Robert Downey Jr. Teases a 'Huge' Captain America 3
- We Got This Covered: Captain America 3 Will Be “Huge,” According To Robert Downey Jr.
- Comic Book Movie: Robert Downey Jr Comments On CAPTAIN AMERICA 3 - 'It's Gonna Be Huge'
- Filmonic: Robert Downey Jr. Might Show Up in Captain America 3
- Cinema Blend: Marvel Just Gave Robert Downey Jr. The Most Awesome Gift Ever
- Movies With Butter: What's Popping: WB's Massive DC Plans, 'Captain America 3,' 'Ghost in the Shell,' 'Underworld,' 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Collider: What Is Marvel’s Civil War? An Introduction to the Comics Storyline That Pits Iron Man vs. Captain America
- Comic Book Movie: Have we found the source of Baron Strucker's "Age of Miracles" reference in the Captain America: The Winter Soldier after credits stinger?
- Movies With Butter: The Download: Warner Bros.' DC Plans, Captain America 3, and Neil Patrick Harris
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: 'Guardians' Passes 'Captain America,' 'Spider-Man' Sequels
According to Marvel’s VP of Visual Effects and Post-Production, Victoria Alonso, Captain America: The Winter Solider had 2,500 VFX shots and Guardians of the Galaxy came in with 2,750. You know how many Avengers: Age of Ultron may have? More than 3,000, making it Marvel’s largest VFX count to date. In order to make that happen, the studio will likely have to team up with seven to 12 VFX vendors in five to seven different countries. Hit the jump for more on the Age of Ultron post-production process and Alonso’s thoughts on the new bill to increase tax incentives for filming in California.
- Coming Soon: Avengers: Age of Ultron Has Marvel's Biggest VFX Shot Count to Date
- AintItCool: How Many VFX Shots Will AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON HAVE??
- Comic Book Movie: Marvel Exec Talks AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Special Effects And More
- ScreenRant: ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Will Have Most Visual Effects of Any Marvel Movie
- MTV Movies Blog: ‘The Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Will Have Most Visual Effects Of Any Marvel Movie, Ever
- Comic Book Movie: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Promo Art Teases The Scale Of 'Hulkbuster' And More
- Dark Horizons: "Ultron" To Boast Over 3000 VFX Shots
- Thompson on Hollywood: Marvel VFX Powerhouse Promotes Story and Female Empowerment
- Comic Book Movie: BOX OFFICE: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Now Third Highest Grossing Marvel Studios Movie
- MovieWeb: 'Avengers 2' Will Have More Visual FX Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- IGN Movies: Avengers 2 to Have Most Visual Effects of Any Marvel Movie
- Screen Crush: 'Avengers 2′ Will Have More Visual Effects Shots Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- MovieWeb: 'Avengers 2' Promo Art Teases Full Size of Hulkbuster
- Comic Book Movie: COMICS: Villains To The Rescue In First Look At AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #3
- SlashFilm: Robert Downey Jr. Took Home the ‘Avengers’ ‘A’ After Asking For It as a Joke
- Screen Crush: Robert Downey, Jr. Took Home the Giant "A" From the 'Avengers' Stark Tower
When Edgar Wright left Marvel’s Ant-Man, the amount of speculation and discussion was crazy. Eventually, Peyton Reed was hired as the director after a rewrite by none other than Adam McKay. McKay, a big comic book fan, is best known for crazy comedies like Anchorman and Step Brothers, so him coming on to the film was a pretty big leap. How did that happen? Well, now we have a few more details. Once Wright left, the film’s star – Paul Rudd – called McKay and asked him to do a rewrite. He agreed and Rudd himself helped him with the writing.
- MovieWeb: Paul Rudd Helped Rewrite 'Ant-Man' with Adam McKay
- Screen Crush: How 'Ant-Man' Star Paul Rudd Helped Adam McKay Rewrite the Script
- We Got This Covered: Adam McKay And Paul Rudd Gave Ant-Man A “Giant” Rewrite
- Variety: Adam McKay Talks Adding Action Sequences to ‘Ant-Man’ With Paul Rudd
- Collider: Adam McKay Talks Rewriting ANT-MAN with Paul Rudd; Reveals They Added “a Giant Action Sequence”, Made the Film Bigger and “a Little More Aggressive”
- Dark Horizons: Paul Rudd Re-Wrote Part Of "Ant-Man"
- Comic Book Movie: Adam McKay On Rewriting ANT-MAN; Reveals How Much Of Edgar Wright's Work Remains
- AintItCool: This ANT-MAN doesn't just change size, he can also rewrite his own script!
- ScreenRant: ‘Ant-Man’: Final Script Is ‘Bigger, More Aggressive’ Than Edgar Wright’s