I've been following the unraveling of the Crow reboot for a few months now. After an interview came to light that gave fans hope for the film, with series creator James O'Barr explaining how he came to support the project and outlining how passionately director F. Javier Gutierrez and star Luke Evans rallied to get him onboard, things began falling apart. Just over a month later, Gutierrez left the project.
- We Got This Covered: Luke Evans Exits The Crow Reboot
- Bleeding Cool: Luke Evans Exits The Crow Reboot
- Empire Magazine: Luke Evans Officially Off The Crow Reboot
- JoBlo: Luke Evans officially drops out of Corin Hardy's The Crow reboot
- Badass Digest: Luke Evans Is Off THE CROW
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: Luke Evans Exits The Crow
- ScreenRant: ‘The Crow’ Reboot Director on His ‘Emotional & Brutal’ Approach
It wasn’t that long ago that we heard about the possibility of Luke Evans departing the long-gestating reboot of ‘The Crow,’ which seemed like odd timing, given that the project had just attracted a new (and Edgar Wright-approved!) director. But this weekend makes the news more official, as the ‘Dracula Untold’ star has decided to move on from the project, leaving the iconic role open once again. Continue reading…
- The Wrap: Luke Evans Officially Exits ‘The Crow’ Reboot; Relativity Seeking New Star
- ScreenRant: Luke Evans Officially Exits ‘The Crow’ Reboot
- Digital Spy: Luke Evans confirms departure from The Crow reboot
- Shock Till You Drop: Luke Evans Officially Departs The Crow Remake
- AintItCool: Luke Evans Exits THE CROW Reboot!
- Comic Book Movie: CONFIRMED: Luke Evans Exits THE CROW Reboot; Hunt For New Star Begins
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Remake Loses Luke Evans
- Comic Book Movie: Luke Evans Reaffirms That He Probably Will Not Star In THE CROW
- MovieWeb: Luke Evans Still Not Sure About 'The Crow' Remake
- Dark Horizons: "Crow" Remake Is Brutal & Luke Evans-Free
- MovieWeb: 'The Crow' Remake Will Be Incredibly Brutal and Emotional
The new action comedy "Mortdecai" stars Johnny Depp as the titular character, a financially distressed dealer of stolen art. Gwyneth Paltrow plays his wife Johanna, and Paul Bettany is Jock, his manservant and thug. They get involved in a globe trotting murder investigation after an art restorer is killed and a Goya painting she was working on is stolen. Mortdecai's antagonistic old chum, Inspector Martland, brings him in on the case, as his expertise in this particular area is much needed.
- Entertainment Weekly: Critical Mass: Reviews shave Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ with dull blade
- Long Island Newsday: 'Mortdecai' review: Unfunny, and Johnny Depp's the main reason
- Deadline: ‘Mortdecai’ Review: Pete Hammond Says Comedy Has Depp But Lacks Depth – Video
- Variety: Johnny Depp’s Star Power Fading as ‘Mortdecai’ Flames Out
- Variety: Box Office: ‘American Sniper’ Shoots for $62 Million, Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Flops
- The Wrap: Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Mortifies Critics: 8 Terrible Reviews That Will Make You Understand Why
- IGN Movies: Mortdecai Review
- The Wrap: Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Flopping for His 5th Straight Box-Office Bomb
- MTV Movies Blog: Johnny Depp Tells Us All About His Silly ‘Mortdecai’ Mustache
- The Wrap: Johnny Depp’s ‘Mortdecai’ Mustache Can’t Stop His Box-Office Skid
Lionsgate Watching Mortdecai, I couldn’t help but spend most of my time contemplating what differentiates this from a Wes Anderson movie. After all, the former features Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Goldblum and, most importantly, a motorcycle with sidecar. It also centers on a valuable painting that multiple characters covet, just like Anderson’s latest, the Oscar-contending The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- USA Today: Depp's mustached 'Mortdecai' is a piece of low art
- We Got This Covered: Mortdecai Review
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Mortdecai': What the Critics Are Saying
- Vulture: It’s Great Johnny Depp Seems to Be Having So Much Fun in Mortdecai Because No One Else Will
- Hollywood Reporter: In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Boy Next Door,' 'Mortdecai' and More
- BoxOfficeMojo: Analysis: Forecast: Bombs Away for 'Mortdecai,' 'Strange Magic'
- The Playlist: Review: 'Mortdecai' Starring Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor, Olivia Munn, And Jeff Goldblum
- JoBlo: Review: Mortdecai
- HitFix: Is 'Mortdecai' Every Cast Member's Worst Movie?
Universal Pictures Johnny Depp‘s latest movie, Mortdecai, is hitting theaters this weekend, and by all accounts it’s horrifically unenjoyable. Which you probably could have guessed. The trailer, the goggly-eyed posters and, hell, even the title with its superfluous T all pointed to self-parody without self-awareness. It shows Depp at his most rubbery, trying so damned hard to make a mustache wink that you could almost see him panting. That’s our consistent vision of the actor now, at least.
- Cinema Blend: The One Thing Johnny Depp Hates About Other Actors
- Digital Spy: Johnny Depp reveals his comedy heroes
- Digital Spy: Mortdecai review: Johnny Depp dons a moustache to act the fool
- Hollywood Reporter: 'Mortdecai' Premiere: The Cast on Keeping Up With Johnny Depp
- The Wrap: ‘Mortdecai’ Review: Johnny Depp’s Schtick Wears Thin in This Caper Comedy
This week: Girls night out with Lucy and Annabelle; Oscar-nominated The Boxtrolls; and for his last movie, James Gandolfini goes back to the mob in The Drop. ► Before she gets into her Black Widow tights again, Scarlett Johansson plays a different type of superhero in Luc Bessons mindbending LUCY. Forced into being a drug mule, shes kicked in... Read More...
- Rotten Tomatoes: News: New on DVD & Blu-Ray: Lucy, Anabelle, The Boxtrolls, and More
- USA Today: Exclusive: 'Lucy' set peek of Scarlett Johansson
- Mania: Blu-ray Shopping Bag: LUCY
While promoting his upcoming new film, Spy, Paul Feig also talked about the upcoming all female Ghostbusters film he is been working on. He says that his intention is not to parody the original films but rather have a new story with a few nods to the originals. Read his remarks below:“We’re not recreating the old movie but we want to do just enough fun nods that the fans will go, ‘Oh, okay, they’re acknowledging that the other movie existed. I like to watch parodies, but I don’t want to do them because they’re too referential.
- Dread Central: Ghostbusters 3 – Director Paul Feig Offers New Details
- Moviefone: Paul Feig Knows All About The 'Ghostbusters' Haters
- SlashFilm: Sequel Bits: Ghostbusters 3, Beverly Hills Cop 4, Sharknado 3, Friday The 13th, Independence Day 2, Jurassic World
- ScreenRant: ‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot Director on the Setting & Homages to Previous Films
"The idea of one director, one vision is absolute rubbish," Andy Wachowski says in an extensive 100-minute chat alongside Lana Wachowski as part of the DePaul Visiting Artists Series in 2013 (via Slashfilm). It's a wide-ranging conversation conducted just as the directors had finished shooting "Jupiter Ascending," covering much of their career (including an anecdote about meeting Steven Spielberg before the two shot their debut feature "Bound").
- We Got This Covered: Stellar Concept Art And Clips Released For The Wachowski’s Jupiter Ascending
- Comic Book Movie: Channing Tatum Gets Corny In New JUPITER ASCENDING Clips; Plus Concept Art
- MovieWeb: 'Jupiter Ascending' Clips Uncover Crop Circle Secrets
Michael and Peter Spierig sat down with us at the SXSW festival to discuss their gender-bending new time travel movie 'Predestination.'http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured
In the new action movie Run All Night Liam Neeson has to save his son from some very bad guys. No daughters here so it’s nothing like Taken, obviously. Jokes aside Liam Neeson is at it again in another action movie, but can you really blame the guy for taking the same roles over and […] Read Listen to Liam Neeson and Run All Night on Filmonic.
- Deadline: ‘Run All Night’ Trailer: First Look At Liam Neeson Mob Thriller
- MTV Movies Blog: Liam Neeson Is Out For Blood In New ‘Run All Night’ Trailer
- Vulture: Listen to Liam Neeson Prank-Call Maggie Grace’s Ex-Boyfriend
- FirstShowing.net: Sound Off: Olivier Megaton's 'Taken 3' with Liam Neeson - Thoughts?
- Screen Crush: WookieeLeaks: Liam Neeson Ponders a Qui-Gon Jinn Spin-Off While 'The Force Awakens' Hires Three Genuine Badasses
- Bleeding Cool: Liam Neeson Vs. Jimmy Fallon…In Arm Wrestling