coronacomingattractions.com – Marvel's The Avengers opened yesterday and beat the industry expectations, taking in an estimated $80.5 million dollars in its first 24 hours playing across North America. Even so, The Avengers didn't beat the all-time champ, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 which opened on its first day to the tune of $91.1m. Nevertheless, it's now very likely that The Avengers will surpass the final Harry Potter's opening weekend gross of $169 million last year.
Created by jetli 4 years 2 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915