screenrant.com – Controversy magnet – and two-time Oscar-nominated pioneer filmmaker – Spike Lee’s latest “joint,” Red Hook Summer, is yet another Brooklyn-based tale to join the ranks of classic Lee works like She’s Gotta Have It, Do the Right Thing and Crooklyn, among others. Not so shockingly, studios have been apprehensive about picking up the movie since its premiere at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. Variance Films have now worked out a deal with Lee’s 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks to distribute Red Hook Summer in theaters around the U.S., beginning this August.
Created by brucelee 4 years 4 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915