fb.indiewire.com – It was a happy Easter for the two reporting newbies at the specialty box office. According to estimates provided by Rentrak earlier today, both Sony Classics' "Damsels in Distress" and Sundance Selects' "We Have a Pope" found respectable debuts. Meanwhile, holdovers like "Bully," "The Raid: Redemption," "Salmon Fishing In The Yemen" and especially "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" (which became the year's first $1 million doc) held on nicely. Here's the rundown: The Debuts: "Damsels in Distress" (Sony Pictures Classics) The top debut this weekend was Whit Stillman's first film in almost 15 years, "Damsels in Distress." On four screens, Sony Pictures Classics saw the film take in $64,199, averaging $16,050.
Created by donnieyen 4 years 6 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $39,000,000Total: $39,000,000
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $33,114,000Total: $347,390,153
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,787,690Total: $21,787,690
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,270,000Total: $11,270,000
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $11,017,000Total: $327,497,565