fb.indiewire.com – Hulu, Crackle, Netflix, YouTube -- it was only a matter of time before Amazon jumped on the original TV series bandwagon. The retail giant is launching a new department of itsAmazon Studios division that will focus on generating comedy and children's series ideas to run onAmazon Instant Video. If it's slipped under your radar, Amazon Studios was launched to create/crowdsource a slate of original film ideas it hopes to eventually get into production -- basically, you upload your script, where it's reviewed by staff and/or the site's users, who give feedback and can make revisions of their own if you choose to make the project public. Amazon gets an exclusive 45-day window to option your work for $200,000, they can extend their window and choose your film for their "Development Slate" for $10,000, and they have afirst-look deal with Warner Bros.
Created by jetli 4 years 3 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915