fb.indiewire.com – The third edition of the TCM Classic Film Festival kicks off today in Hollywood with a lineup sure to make savants of historical cinematic achievements drool, with new restorations ranging from "Cabaret" to "Rio Bravo." Film historian Robert Osborne has hosted the four-day event from the start. He got on the phone with Indiewire yesterday to discuss the current lineup as well as the appeal of watching movies on the big screen in an age where home viewing has threatened to destroy the theatrical experience. What do you consider to be the highlights of this year's festival? I think the answer is each to his own.
Created by donnieyen 4 years 6 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915