guardian.co.uk – Two of Hollywood's biggest radicals are daring to reinvent one of the oldest, most convention-bound genres in cinemaThe western movie is perhaps the most beloved all-American art form and one of the oldest genres in cinema. Now it is to get a post-modernist makeover in the shape of films from some of Hollywood's most daringly experimental celebrities, seeking to turn long-standing conventions and themes on their heads.In a genre where new films are relatively rare, several major westerns are on the horizon, but they appear to be far from the traditional fare of melancholy visions of the dying frontier or heroic tales of rough-edged cowboys, lantern-jawed sheriffs and outlaws on the run.First up is iconoclastic director Quentin Tarantino, who last week released the first trailer for his latest film, Django Unchained.
Created by brucelee 3 years 50 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915