darkhorizons.com – "City of God" and "The Constant Gardener" filmmaker Fernando Meirelles has revealed on his Twitter that work has begun in earnest on his ambitious biopic of shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis reports The Playlist. Originally titled "Onassis", it now looks to have been renamed "Nemesis" to match the title of the Peter Evans book upon which the film is based. The story deals with Onassis' contentious relationship with Bobby Kennedy who had investigated his business practices and barred him from trading inside the United States. Said book goes on to speculate that the power struggle got so heated that Aristotle eventually financed the assassination of Bobby. Meirelles was in London late last month to do some work on the production and even floated the idea of casting Michael Fassbender as Bobby Kennedy. Bráulio Mantovani ("City of God") penned the script for the film which aims to begin production later this year.
Created by jetli 4 years 7 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915