guardian.co.uk – Distributors will wait until Monday to report weekend's income to avoid appearance of boasting amid tragedyIn the aftermath of the Colorado shooting during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises, Hollywood studios banded together to withhold box-office reporting through the weekend, while Warner Bros frantically rushed to remove a movie trailer with now eerie relevance.While the weekend is usually Hollywood's time to peddle its flashy offerings and tout its millions in box office, the second day of release for The Dark Knight Rises was anything but business as usual following the Aurora, Colorado, shootings that killed 12 and wounded 58 at a Friday midnight showing of the new Batman film."Words cannot express the horror that I feel," Christian Bale, who stars as the caped crusader in the film, said in a statement.
Created by jackiechan 3 years 44 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915