darkhorizons.com – Sony's attempt to reboot its mega-profitable web-slinger franchise finally hits cinemas today and already its proving a good little earner for the studio. The Marc Webb-directed film brought in $7.5 million at 3,150 midnight screenings last night. Around 16% of that amount came from IMAX screens. Because of the Tuesday opening no-one is entirely sure what kind of opening day numbers the film will actually post. Reviews are good but not great, the film scoring 73% and a 6.8/10 on Rotten Tomatoes along with a 67/100 on Metacritic.
Created by brucelee 3 years 47 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915