fb.indiewire.com – If "Magic City," the new drama kicking off tonight, April 6th, at 10pm on Starz, had started back in the fall, it would have been grouped in with "The Playboy Club" and "Pan Am" as similarly hollow-ringing, a pretty period piece consciously following in the steps of "Mad Men."Lucky for the show, it's starting now, after those other series have been canceled and are already fading from memory (Starz likes "Magic City" so much it's already committed to a second season). But "Mad Men" still casts a long shadow over "Magic City," which was created by "Passion Play" writer/director Mitch Glazer, one from which it isn't able to escape, in part because it doesn't have the complexity or depth of Matthew Weiner's show, and in part because of its lead character.
Created by theothersenhman 4 years 6 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915