fb.indiewire.com – Each Tuesday, Indiewire publishes a box office chart that sorts the final weekend numbers of all specialty releases by per-theater average. Check out the full chart here, but here's some highlights: Top Per-Theater Average and Best Debut: "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" (Fox Searchlight) Coming off a stunning $70 million (and counting) gross overseas, John Madden's older audience-skewing film is off to an excellent start, joining "Bernie" as the first two potential indie breakouts from summer 2012. On 27 screens, the film -- which stars Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy and Tom Wilkinson as a group of seniors retiring in India -- grossed $737,051.
Created by jackiechan 4 years 3 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915