avclub.com – The indie drama Luv is split right down the middle between preposterousness and truth, and between amateurishness and confidence. Writer-director Sheldon Candis and his co-writer Justin Wilson have come up with a story that’s distractingly contrived, about a recently released ex-con (played by Common) who spends a day showing his pre-teen nephew (Michael Rainey, Jr.) “how to be a man,” by letting the kid tag along while he works every angle he can think of to come up with the money he needs to open a restaurant.
Created by theothersenhman 3 years 18 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915