collider.com – The feature film adaptation of Ender’s Game is undergoing a slight release date shift. Previously scheduled for March 15th, 2013, Summit has opted for a more holiday-friendly release of November 1st, 2013. Currently the only other film schedule to open on that date is Roland Emmerich’s sci-fi pic Singularity, with DreamWorks Animation’s Me and My Shadow opening a week later (followed by Thor 2 and The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire). It’s unknown why the release date change was made, but it should be interesting to see if Fox moves Singularity off that date to prevent a sci-fi showdown with a beloved literary adaptation. Hit the jump for more, including a synopsis of Orson Scott Card’s novel. I don’t think the release date move is a bad sign, and March 2013 was already plenty crowded with a slew of genre fare including Sam Raimi’s Oz, The Great and Powerful, Jack the Giant Killer, The Host, the next Percy Jackson film, and Neil Blomkamp’s Elysium.
Created by brucelee 4 years 6 weeks ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915