fb.indiewire.com – Samuel Goldwyn Films has acquired U.S. rights to Gilles Bourdos’ biopic “Renoir,” which will receive a spring 2013 theatrical release. The fact-based drama will have its world premiere May 25, as the closing-night film of the Un Certain Regard program at the Cannes Film Festival. Michel Bouquet, Vincent Rottiers and Christa Theret star in a love story that takes place in Côte d’Azur in 1915, when widowed painter Pierre-Auguste Renoir and his fledgling film-director son Jean both become entranced by new muse Andrée, who inspired Renoir pere’s “The Bathers.” Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier produced the film; Christine De Jekel is executive producer. “I was captivated by the script from the first page and cannot wait to bring this film to American audiences,” said Goldwyn acquisitions exec Peter Goldwyn.
Created by jackiechan 4 years 1 week ago
1. Angry Birds Movie, TheGross: $38,155,177Total: $38,155,177
2. Captain America: Civil WarGross: $32,939,739Total: $347,215,892
3. Neighbors 2: Sorority RisingGross: $21,760,405Total: $21,760,405
4. Nice Guys, TheGross: $11,203,270Total: $11,203,270
5. Jungle Book, TheGross: $10,944,350Total: $327,424,915